Replacing Craig Gordon

steve123

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He will play for another 5 years imo.  No reason why he should stop.  

a problem for another day

I really,really hope you are right....👍

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

He will play for another 5 years imo.  No reason why he should stop.  

a problem for another day

I think it's something we need to look at this summer for sure. I believe with European games and the World Cup next year Gordon will be playing more football than perhaps he ever has in his career over 12 months, which is a concern for us, and we need to be thinking about getting someone in who can cover for him adequately.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jambostuart said:

I think it's something we need to look at this summer for sure. I believe with European games and the World Cup next year Gordon will be playing more football than perhaps he ever has in his career over 12 months, which is a concern for us, and we need to be thinking about getting someone in who can cover for him adequately.

I think the revised scouting structure at the club means we will consistently be looking at options for all positions.  I agree we need to sign a better #2 but Craig will continue to be the main man for some time.

we have young Harry to consider as well

I don't think we will see another keeper as good as Gordon in my life, he is simply irreplaceable, just like he was last time he left, I do hope stone develops into a 1st choice keeper for us though, even if he is half as good as CG he would be brilliant.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think the revised scouting structure at the club means we will consistently be looking at options for all positions.  I agree we need to sign a better #2 but Craig will continue to be the main man for some time.

I would like to see Siegrist at Hearts to replace Gordon. His contract runs out at Dundee UtD at the end of next season and I think he is a very good Goalkeeper.

At 29 he has a lot of years left in the game and I see him as a good option until hopefully Stone makes the grade.

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

His reaction after making that triple save at Ibrox on saturday😍

His reaction to making good saves is equivalent to an outfield player scoring 

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully it's a long way off but the problem is that any keeper signing would know that they will not be first choice, therefore really good keepers will be reluctant to be just a back up 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I would like to see Siegrist at Hearts to replace Gordon. His contract runs out at Dundee UtD at the end of next season and I think he is a very good Goalkeeper.

At 29 he has a lot of years left in the game and I see him as a good option until hopefully Stone makes the grade.

Decent keeper but hed expect to play every week.  And Craig will be playing every week. He’s in fine physical condition, absolutely no reason he can’t copy Buffon and play to his mid 40’s

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Sex Panther said:

Anyone any idea why Stone hasn't been in the PT squad in recent games? Is he injured?

Talking to a Thistle supporter who reckoned he made a couple of poor mistakes apparently back in August v Arbroath and Sneddon been starting in goals since then for them

kingantti1874
Just now, Big Moysey said:

Talking to a Thistle supporter who reckoned he made a couple of poor mistakes apparently back in August v Arbroath and Sneddon been starting in goals since then for them

hopefully get him back in Jan. he will be a top keeper

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hopefully get him back in Jan. he will be a top keeper

We need to recall him and send him elsewhere