Supernatural.

bairdy

Many years ago, I remember being at the flics with my girlfriend to see The Exorcist.    After it was finished, we back to her place.   We were in her bedroom (all innocent, honest) when the lightbulb fell out the socket!   

Scary stuff.

Always said my mates old house was haunted. We were sitting in the living room and the kettle in the kitchen started to boil, we were the only ones in the house. An other time the hoover switched on by itself. Spent the majority of my childhood in that house but I always felt there was something there. Need a piss during the night, absolutely no chance I was walking down the stairs 😂. It got held in until there was some sunlight.

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Always said my mates old house was haunted. We were sitting in the living room and the kettle in the kitchen started to boil, we were the only ones in the house. An other time the hoover switched on by itself. Spent the majority of my childhood in that house but I always felt there was something there. Need a piss during the night, absolutely no chance I was walking down the stairs 😂. It got held in until there was some sunlight.

Either haunted, or the wiring was very dodgy. Or maybe both.

Apart from my ****ed up sleep paralysis I have never experienced much in the way of supernatural experiences. 

The sleep paralysis though had me almost running back to church for a exorcism. Until

I figured it out that it is me that is ****ed up not some Deamons 😂

32 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Apart from my ****ed up sleep paralysis I have never experienced much in the way of supernatural experiences. 

The sleep paralysis though had me almost running back to church for a exorcism. Until

Lucky for me I don't get hallucinations with my sleep paralysis. I just lie in the darkness and wait it out 😁

Famous last words mind you

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Guy in the village I’m from reckons he was followed home from the pub by a chair

Hibs fan?

Edited by Herbert

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Guy in the village I’m from reckons he was followed home from the pub by a chair

I've been followed home by nice pint glasses from the pub a few times. I've kept them all for scientific purposes. 

I worked in a hotel in England years ago. Stayed in a big attic conversion with 2 lads from Dublin. Nobody liked being in the pad on their own. It was genuinely odd as none of us thought it was haunted or believed in any of that stuff, it was just not good. There was something about it. 

About 5 years later I started going out with a girl from Renfrewshire. I was with her for 2 years or so before I met her Dad's cousins. After chatting about shite they mentioned their son who'd died about 7 years earlier. Turned out he'd committed suicide in the attic of the same hotel I worked in after the girl he'd stolen an engagement ring out of a jewellery shop for had knocked back his marriage proposal. 

I don't believe his ghost haunted that attic but the coincidence haunted the shite out of me for a long time. 

Edited by Savage Vince

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

A chair?   Was he off his rocker?

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I once came home from the pub and woke up next morning in a chair.

Well, more than once really.

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

I once came home from the pub and woke up next morning in a chair.

Well, more than once really.

A Lazy Boy?

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

A Lazy Boy?

😄 Been called that in my time, mainly by the missus. I'm reclined, er... I mean inclined to agree.

Just now, whodanny said:

😄 Been called that in my time, mainly by the missus. I'm reclined, er... I mean inclined to agree.

Lazy boy?   She could have couched it differently!

56 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I bet she is still your queen though.  Her name isn't Anne by any chance?   

Is the right answer !!!!

On 27/09/2021 at 16:50, AlimOzturk said:

There is no supernatural.

But I have experienced what you did including nightmarish visual and physical hallucinations. And in addition to that when it happened that very night I had been drinking with a bunch of people in a boarding house room.

We had constructed a makeshift ouija board and I was doing all the talking. Mockingly, and even quoted from a nearby bible while doing it. Mockingly twisting the words of the scripture.

Of course nothing happened, because it's not real. That night i'm lying in bed in the same room and I felt not just a weight on my chest but I was being physically bounced up and down on it.

I opened my eyes and right there on my chest and in my face was a humanoid shape that looked like sculpted smoke for want of a better description.  Grey like smoke but with dark ruby red eyes and it was inhumanly strong. 

It's called sleep paralysis for a reason, you're not quite asleep, you're aware, but paralysed. I couldn't move a muscle nor make a sound. I don't know how long that lasted but at some point I was able to move a finger just a little.

And when that happened the thing on my chest did what smoke does. It rose off my chest transforming as it went turning into a long line of smoke. There was a window directly in front of the bed which was a sash type slide up and down window which was raised maybe an inch or so.

The line of smoke it became streamed through that gap created by the slightly raised window and shot up into the sky at a terrific rate.

Now with all that silly seance stuff and the bible element thrown into it I expect someone religious experiencing what I did may deem it supernatural. 

Frankly at the time I didn't know what to make of it. I was around 20 years old at the time and wasn't at home when it happened. I was in a boarding house in Torquay and I left after that. I was affected enough that I wanted to get out of that house. Better than that. I went all the way back to Scotland.

It was years later I settled on the sleep paralysis explanation. 

Never heard of sleep paralysis - sounds unpleasant.

I’ve got friends who live in a big-ish Victorian semi in Manchester.  There’s something about it that just makes me uneasy.  One thing (sounds really stupid and minor) is the landing on the first floor.  There’s two bedrooms on it on the left hand side, one door at the start (at the top of the stairs) but the other bedroom door rather than being half way down is at the far end.  It’s just weird. Maybe it’s bad feng shui or maybe I’m a freak but it puts me wrong.  It’s also completely silent.  Most old houses have creaks etc but this one - nothing.

22 hours ago, FWJ said:

Never heard of sleep paralysis - sounds unpleasant.

Happened to me more than once but the time I described above was far and away the most frightening. This shit seems absolutely real, this was about 40 years ago and I wasn't lying there thinking oh cool a sleep paralysis hallucination. I don't know if that had even been medically described at the time. It is now. Sleep paralysis - NHS

I can't remember now if that was the first time but it may have been. But all experiences after that were largely being aware but simply can't move or speak. No more hallucinating but often a feeling of 'something' being around.

I think it may simply be an evolutionary hangover so to speak. If I were living in the stone age 100,000 years ago I think I would have had a better chance of survival if I could retain some level of awareness even when asleep.

Салатные палочки

Scary one last night. I was in the bathroom and I seen a figure in the mirror. Greying hair, a paunch, crows feet and wrinkled forehead, bags under the eyes. 

Quite freaked me out to be honest. 

50 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Scary one last night. I was in the bathroom and I seen a figure in the mirror. Greying hair, a paunch, crows feet and wrinkled forehead, bags under the eyes. 

Let me guess . . .   the wife?  ;)

Салатные палочки
33 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Let me guess . . .   the wife?  ;)

Close....but I have bigger tits than her :laugh:

A few unexplainable events yes …….but I guess the definition of supernatural is that it would have contravene or be directly against, or temporarily suspend the laws of science - a miracle for example.

I think this would be reliably provable/observable by humans throughout history and it hasn’t.

Unexplainable and supernatural are not synonymous and interchangeable.

☺️

7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It's reckoned a lot of ghostly sightings are down to dampness through fungus.  

Just out the bath..?  

Edited by Auldbenches

I've seen bugger all to suggest that there's such a thing as the supernatural, but i do have a couple of stories from family members. 

I get the feeling that neither of them had any science lessons at school. 

On 27/09/2021 at 23:23, Jeff said:

Lucky for me I don't get hallucinations with my sleep paralysis. I just lie in the darkness and wait it out 😁

Famous last words mind you

Same here. I think mainly because the first time I had it I had read about it on here before so knew what was going on.

Went through a phase about 10 years ago where I could sort of trigger it by having a podcast on as I went to sleep. I think my body falling asleep whilst I subconsciously listened to the podcast kept the brain ticking.

Not had it for years but when I did all I could move were my eyes and blink. As above I gradually began to be able to move a finger or hand. Probably lasted 2 minutes or so it felt.

15 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

A few unexplainable events yes …….but I guess the definition of supernatural is that it would have contravene or be directly against, or temporarily suspend the laws of science - a miracle for example.

I think this would be reliably provable/observable by humans throughout history and it hasn’t.

Unexplainable and supernatural are not synonymous and interchangeable.

☺️

Miracles used to happen all the time a couple of thousand years or so ago. But, dare I say miraculously, stopped completely when science and recording devices came along.

Humans love the supernatural. 

Which is why we've created ghosts, spirits, goblins, fairies, elves, angels, gods, banshees, demons, dragons, harpies, hobgoblins, leprechauns, pixies, unicorns, poltergeists, selkies, werewolves, and zombies.

Each and every one a product of human imagination.

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Humans love the supernatural. 

Which is why we've created ghosts, spirits, goblins, fairies, elves, angels, gods, banshees, demons, dragons, harpies, hobgoblins, leprechauns, pixies, unicorns, poltergeists, selkies, werewolves, and zombies.

Dogs were Wolves and Rangers are ghosts and Zombies, Celtic are Hooped Demons and Selkies if you have a lisp, Aberdeen are sheep goblins and Hibs are Hobogoblins.  Leprechauns are Irish dwarfs, Harpies play in the orchestra, Dragons live on an island, Elves are all shook up, women are banshees. Pixies and fairies well... 

Charlie makes angels , Scotland has Unicorns.

And I'm God! 

Oh and Hibs are also *****.

:fth:

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Dogs were Wolves and Rangers are ghosts and Zombies, Celtic are Hooped Demons and Selkies if you have a lisp, Aberdeen are sheep goblins and Hibs are Hobogoblins.  Leprechauns are Irish dwarfs, Harpies play in the orchestra, Dragons live on an island, Elves are all shook up, women are banshees. Pixies and fairies well... 

And I'm God! 

:lol:

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Certainly a product of human imagination when speaking of the vast archive of film and literature incorporating all those ghosts and ghoulies. But it might run deeper than just imagination, might be a component of the core human psyche.

Take for example the hallucination I had during a sleep paralysis incident. Obviously that level of incident can't be unique to me. Countless humans over the millennia must have experienced what I did.

But here's an interesting question. Would it have been possible for them to see what I saw? Here's a photo that roughly corresponds to the shape of face I saw. And pretty much eye size too I just noticed.

grey_alien.jpg

What I saw had very dark but at the same time almost blazing ruby red eyes. Real scary, there was a malevolence in them and the face. But as we know it was down to an unusual sleep state. Not a supernatural event.

It wasn't coloured like the pic. It was a grey smoky appearance to the extent of almost being see through but not quite. Would a human say 10,000 years ago have been seeing something like that during a sleep incident?

Or did I see exactly what I saw because my life/experience and access to literature and culture is another universe in comparison to them.

What I saw appears to have some sort of alien appearance. Or at least a culturally defined alien face people everywhere in our era would recognise as such.

These people 10,000 years ago wouldn't even have the concept of an alien. But i'm suspecting such incidents, whatever they saw, would not be put down to a sleep condition. It would be accepted as real. And related to others.

Such sleep incidents could be at least one source of much of these imaginary entities. Becoming ever more convoluted over the millennia. 

Edited by JFK-1

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And I'm God! 

Well played!  :clap:

As for the highlighted part, I KNEW it. :thumb:

Lone Striker
On 27/09/2021 at 22:39, Auld Reekin' said:

Either haunted, or the wiring was very dodgy. Or maybe both.

Possibly.    We had an electrician recently explain that even when your room ceiling lights are switched off, there's still small pulses of electricity travelling through the circuits.   This was in response to why our bedroom light suddenly started flashing in the wee small hours when it was switched off. 

A paranormal haunting was the last thing on our minds - we just wanted to find a way to stop it !!     Had to remove the bulb in the end.   The electrician also explained that this can happen when you've got a mix of LED and "old" light bulbs on the same circuit - which we had. Now swapped all the old ones for LED.

I sometimes watch these "Paranormal - caught on camera" programs.  Most of the stuff they show  looks just bollocks - shaky camera, poor light, suspicious sabotage, etc.      Although there were a couple  filmed on a door-cam which seemed to show  pretty freaky "shape-shifting" stuff.

Anyone remember the Phillipino psycho-surgeons  back in the 80s ?   It was fun listening to  people who actually believed that these fraudsters were removing appendixes with their hands & no actual surgery !!!      Just the dodgy hospital equivalent of the "laying on of hands"  by dodgy evangelists.

:facepalm:

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Possibly.    We had an electrician recently explain that even when your room ceiling lights are switched off, there's still small pulses of electricity travelling through the circuits.   This was in response to why our bedroom light suddenly started flashing in the wee small hours when it was switched off. 

A paranormal haunting was the last thing on our minds - we just wanted to find a way to stop it !!     Had to remove the bulb in the end.   The electrician also explained that this can happen when you've got a mix of LED and "old" light bulbs on the same circuit - which we had. Now swapped all the old ones for LED.

I sometimes watch these "Paranormal - caught on camera" programs.  Most of the stuff they show  looks just bollocks - shaky camera, poor light, suspicious sabotage, etc.      Although there were a couple  filmed on a door-cam which seemed to show  pretty freaky "shape-shifting" stuff.

Anyone remember the Phillipino psycho-surgeons  back in the 80s ?   It was fun listening to  people who actually believed that these fraudsters were removing appendixes with their hands & no actual surgery !!!      Just the dodgy hospital equivalent of the "laying on of hands"  by dodgy evangelists.

:facepalm:

I remember the psychic -surgeons phenomenon in Philly.   Looked quite convincing if I recall correctly.  

WheatfieldWarrior

Don't know about supernatural, but while Neil Lennon was at Hibs, he was definitely ghosted by Kyle Lafferty. 

indianajones

Interesting thread. 

Regarding hallucinations - DMT users report seeing the same female deity when under its effects. Always found that fairly curious. 

On 02/10/2021 at 06:16, ri Alban said:

And I'm God! 

The former bishop of Edinburgh Richard Holloway would agree with your last point in regards to you being God...

On 27/09/2021 at 14:20, bairdy said:

Watched a programme last night about this.

Just got me thinking if any of my fellow JKB'rs have ever had any' experiences'.

Not experiences as such but there have been 2 places on the planet that when visiting I felt that there was a strange/horrible feeling about the place, it may just be my subconscious getting the better of me because I knew what had happened in both places. The places were Mary kings Close and camp 2 at Auschwitz 

Tenaciousdandy

We thought my old house In North berwick was haunted, ex was admitted she seen someone go across the top landing on a couple of occasions and I heard a voice asking for a drink of water, we set up a camcorder but didn't see or hear anything on it,  creepiest one tho  was when dvd home entertainment systems had just come out and we bought one with a click power button, that you pushed in to switch on and off,  we were sitting watching the TV and all of a sudden the dvd power button clicked on and it played the dvd that was in the player at the time which was the grudg, we 💩 ourselves 😂

Also our next door neighbour in same house not long after moving in said she seen a old tall man with a hunched over back walking across her top landing, describing Jim who had previously died in the house

But apart from that never had any other experiences 

Tenaciousdandy
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Not experiences as such but there have been 2 places on the planet that when visiting I felt that there was a strange/horrible feeling about the place, it may just be my subconscious getting the better of me because I knew what had happened in both places. The places were Mary kings Close and camp 2 at Auschwitz 

Auschwitz was an incredibly errie horrible place