Medical Cannabis

JudyJudyJudy

Just now, Smithee said:

That's based on a bunch of presumptions though, one of which is using tobacco in the first place.

I haven't smoked tobacco in 10 years

Yes sorry I should have said that those who smoke weed via tobacco 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I personally hate the reek of tobacco smoke but as I said before, that's living in built up areas for you

The smell of cannabis is more lingering. If I smell tobacco smoke, I tend to be able to see the culprit within a few paces; with cannabis, who knows where the smoker is? Could be in a window four floors up; might be on a park bench 30m away?

Personally I like the smell of it though no longer smoke it. Was in Amsterdam years ago and got hash called parvati, smelt like rose petals in the air. 

On 26/09/2021 at 13:10, Governor Tarkin said:

Helped my brother through his chemo. The illegal stuff, not the medical stuff.

He also made tea out of poppy seeds, which helped immensely too.

That’s good to hear. The medicinal form has transformed my pals wee boys life who was suffering horrendous seizures daily. 

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that’s a major issue with smoking weed , it’s 7 times more cancergenic than having a normal ciggie , mainly due to no filters in the joints . Apparently best to put it in a nice baked cake or yougart ( so I’ve heard) just fall asleep with the oven on ! 😎

Get yourself a Volcano James, I've heard it pays for itself over time with the efficiency while saving your lungs.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Get yourself a Volcano James, I've heard it pays for itself over time with the efficiency while saving your lungs.

What’s that ? 

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well if that's what we're doing, let's have another banger

Not really into heavy metal

music . An ex was into it though . Never had AC/DC , Nine inch nails ( think they are nu Metal , and various other groups on ! I didn’t mind Faith no

More actually if you have ever heard of them ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

What’s that ? 

Costs a few hundred quid, but their volcano brand has been around for decades and is top rated. The temperature affects different cannabinoids, a friend from university years ago had one and lower temps were quite chilled and productive while really higher ones you'd end up completely mashed. The taste was amazing from what I remember as there's zero burning.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Costs a few hundred quid, but their volcano brand has been around for decades and is top rated. The temperature affects different cannabinoids, a friend from university years ago had one and lower temps were quite chilled and productive while really higher ones you'd end up completely mashed. The taste was amazing from what I remember as there's zero burning.

Incredible ! Jezz things have came a long away from making bongs out of juice bottles 😂😂 or making joints with baccy and roaches from the rizzla packs 😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not really into heavy metal

music . An ex was into it though . Never had AC/DC , Nine inch nails ( think they are nu Metal , and various other groups on ! I didn’t mind Faith no

More actually if you have ever heard of them ? 

Mike Patton's my favourite singer in the world, I've seen FNM a few times.

He's done everything but check out Mondo Cane where he belts out Italian pop songs from the 50s and 60s with an orchestra. Superb.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Incredible ! Jezz things have came a long away from making bongs out of juice bottles 😂😂 or making joints with baccy and roaches from the rizzla packs 😂

I thought hot knives were sophisticated 😀

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Mike Patton's my favourite singer in the world, I've seen FNM a few times.

He's done everything but check out Mondo Cane where he belts out Italian pop songs from the 50s and 60s with an orchestra. Superb.

Yes we saw them in London years ago . He was great . I like this song . I remember having an argument with my ex and I was washing the dishes . He was in other room and played this song at loud volume then came through to the kitchen and got behind me ( no no nothing like that ) and started to cuddle me . It was very Romantic actually .  It’s lovely when a song  can remind you of one moment in time really ?  Anyway he can’t have been that much in love with me as he dumped me a few months later . I’ll need to check those other songs . 

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I thought hot knives were sophisticated 😀

Lol I remember one of my pretentious friends saying that it was really important which cd cover you used to roll a joint as the weed picked up the “ vibes” of the music or a dvd cover too . He often used dr who dvds and claimed he could see time lords when wasted 😅

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

The smell of cannabis is more lingering. If I smell tobacco smoke, I tend to be able to see the culprit within a few paces; with cannabis, who knows where the smoker is? Could be in a window four floors up; might be on a park bench 30m away?

Well I'm afraid we need to start getting used to it, now that the medical door's been opened it's spreading.

I might as well say it, I have a prescription, I know of 2 (nearly 3!) people, all jambos as it happens, who do too. I'm allowed to imbibe cannabis daily. In fact I'm meant to.

There's no restriction on where or when that's meant to be.

On the label it says "Warning: This medicine may make you sleepy. If this happens, do not drive or use tools or machines. Do not drink alcohol"

Another says "Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you. Do not drive if you feel sleepy, dizzy, unable to concentrate or make decisions, or if you have blurred or double vision"

13 minutes ago, kila said:

That's the posh one, I have the original.

I also have a handheld from the same people, the Mighty, which I use much more often 

Yes we saw them in London years ago . He was great . I like this song . I remember having an argument with my ex and I was washing the dishes . He was in other room and played this song at loud volume then came through to the kitchen and got behind me ( no no nothing like that ) and started to cuddle me . It was very Romantic actually .  It’s lovely when a song  can remind you of one moment in time really ?  Anyway he can’t have been that much in love with me as he dumped me a few months later . I’ll need to check those other songs . 

That was our song with my ex, it's a smasher! They do a great version of BeeGees I Started a Joke too

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well I'm afraid we need to start getting used to it, now that the medical door's been opened it's spreading.

I might as well say it, I have a prescription, I know of 2 (nearly 3!) people, all jambos as it happens, who do too. I'm allowed to imbibe cannabis daily. In fact I'm meant to.

There's no restriction on where or when that's meant to be.

On the label it says "Warning: This medicine may make you sleepy. If this happens, do not drive or use tools or machines. Do not drink alcohol"

Another says "Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you. Do not drive if you feel sleepy, dizzy, unable to concentrate or make decisions, or if you have blurred or double vision"

That's the posh one, I have the original.

I also have a handheld from the same people, the Mighty, which I use much more often 

👍👍👍

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

That was our song with my ex, it's a smasher! They do a great version of BeeGees I Started a Joke too

loved that too . It’s A bee gees song originally 

Lol I remember one of my pretentious friends saying that it was really important which cd cover you used to roll a joint as the weed picked up the “ vibes” of the music or a dvd cover too . He often used dr who dvds and claimed he could see time lords when wasted 😅

😁 That's actually true though.

Is the smell not the reason that new Zealand voted against legislation? 

Smokers have to realise that they have to be less selfish if they want to get the general public on side.

The taxes would excellent from it.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The smell makes me physically sick.  I was walking to work last week, I had just left the gym and was all fresh and showered and some workie walks infront of me smoking a doob.  ****ing horrendously strong.

For some utterly bizarre reason Smithee thinks this person is within his rights - even though it is illegal and causes distress to others.

Rubbish bins, Petrol fumes, Body odour, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cigarette smoke, E smoke all give me the boak. Just get on with me life and readily accept that they are part of life. 

Actually like the smell of Cannabis and smoking it is awesome. Tbf I do in the comfort of my own home but wouldn’t mind being able to puff a doobie in the park some time. 

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes can’t recall seeing tons of fights in Lothian road caused by hash heids on a Saturday night really 

Not gonna happen, stoners are too busy giggling or munching. Every time I was ever arrested in my misspent youth I had been drinking. Alcohol has been responsible for countless violent assaults and deaths. Pretty much every week.

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that’s a major issue with smoking weed , it’s 7 times more cancergenic than having a normal ciggie , mainly due to no filters in the joints . Apparently best to put it in a nice baked cake or yougart ( so I’ve heard) just fall asleep with the oven on ! 😎

Are you mixing it with tobacco?

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The medicinal stuff is far less pungent from what I am led to believe.

Oh it smells alright, the aroma in a 'dispensary' is quite overwhelming. But I like it.

Back in my toking days I preferred solid to the funky skunky smelly green shit. Green was not as strong then as it is now with all these hybrids and what not. 

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not gonna happen, stoners are too busy giggling or munching. Every time I was ever arrested in my misspent youth I had been drinking. Alcohol has been responsible for countless violent assaults and deaths. Pretty much every week.

👍

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Are you mixing it with tobacco?

Nope . Try to avoid tobacco at all costs apart from a ciggie on a night out now and again 

20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

God that takes me back.

Bucket bongs and the ludicrous portable version, the lung. Crazy times, lucky to escape with my sanity, I reckon.

4 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Back in my toking days I preferred solid to the funky skunky smelly green shit. Green was not as strong then as it is now with all these hybrids and what not. 

Yeah, it really was never that pungent.  I actually used to like the smell of burning hash, even a subtle strength weed joint but it seems that all there is now is skunk and it ****ing reeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2021 at 13:53, i8hibsh said:

If they can sort out the pungeant smell I would fully welcome the legalisation of cannabis.

The smell is just too much.  There seems to be absolute zero ****s given by folk walking along the street smoking it, or smoking it in their flat etc.

My neighbour is trying to sell their flat and the entire block constantly reeks of the stuff.

And people who do smoke the smelly stuff don't seem to realise , they and everything they own, absolutely honk of the stuff.

Normal weed smells ok, but the stuff nowadays is howling. I'm surprised the polis don't huckle some of the workers on my site, as you can smell it as soon as you parked up for the day.

Nothing against smokers, but they, like drinkers (me) shouldn't be driving will partaking in some recreation hobbies.

Edited by ri Alban

I don't care if Scotland has the powers or not. Time to give legalisation of drugs a go, at least make them safe(r), If that's possible.

And it could pay for a few new hospitals, schools, etc... just don't let the usual folk build them . As they seem to be on :smoking:

Edited by ri Alban

And decriminalisation was a good thing by Holyrood. 

Safe zones should be next asap. Again I don't care if Holyrood has the powers or not . Just do it.

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't care if Scotland has the powers or not. Time to give legalisation of drugs a go, at least make them safe(r), If that's possible.

And it could pay for a few new hospitals, schools, etc... just don't let the usual folk build them . As they seem to be on :smoking:

👍👍

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.sapphireclinics.com

This would be the start of journey. You will need to provide info on your condition, with supporting medical records and go through a consultation to assess  suitability. 

It’s not can you just give me a prescription for ounce of kush and cookie dawg. 

They also consider lifestyle factors in assessing suitability. 

If your successful your GP will be notified of your prescription and purpose. 

Thanks mate

I’ve completed the form, see how it goes.

On 28/09/2021 at 14:06, i8hibsh said:

but it seems that all there is now is skunk and it ****ing reeks.

If you had to describe the smell using only one word, which word would you use?