Taylor Moore

Selkirkhmfc1874

Excellent. Shows the strength in depth when we lose arguably our best player and it didn’t make a difference. He’s going to be pushing for a start in the back 3 but is going to have to be patient due to the form of Souttar, Halkett and Kingsley. 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thought he had really good game yesterday.

Agreed. Was solid, good on the ball and won his battles. No complaints from me. Well played Mr Moore 💪

10 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Agreed. Was solid, good on the ball and won his battles. No complaints from me. Well played Mr Moore 💪

It’s a 👍from me as well

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Excellent. Shows the strength in depth when we lose arguably our best player and it didn’t make a difference. He’s going to be pushing for a start in the back 3 but is going to have to be patient due to the form of Souttar, Halkett and Kingsley. 

Yeh would be harsh to drop any of them for Mary at the moment. Halkett is doing well this season IMO. 

Yep looked much better in his correct position and appeared comfortable on the ball

hard to say too much though as Livy offered nothing going forward

Well deserved thread for Moore, McPhersonesque in some of his forward runs yesterday 👏 great to see he plays like Devlin and Benni with a smile on his face !

Салатные палочки

Very impressed with him. Fingers crossed we can get him and Cochrane signed permanently. Unfortunately the more they continue to impress, the less likely it is. 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

MoM in the first half. Skillful & confident performance 

This, absolute joy to watch a player with a smile on his face loving getting a chance to perform at a big club.

Certainly capable of stepping in if soapy,kingsley or halkett let their guard down.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Good to hear this as it didn't look to great last week. But out of position I expect.

1 hour ago, Walrus said:

Thought he was very good, carried the ball forward well. 

A question for the coaches re team selection. He was very effective down right side. I think he should be in team but who misses out. 

stirlingshirejambo
9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Looks a solid addition. 

I’d like to him stay there and get Souttar in the middle where he has more time on the ball.

I actually think that the 2 other centre halves have more time on the ball as generally teams will play with one up fairly central and the wider centre halves can bring the ball forward more

A very impressive allround performance from him yesterday.

I like that he wanted to go forward at every opportunity rather than the square and backward passing nonsense.

He is a big solid unit but very athletic, ticks all the boxes for a modern centre back and based on yesterday's performance would love to keep him.

21 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Not sure when the Mary nickname started for him but I like it 😂

Old American 70's TV show calle Mary Tyler Moore

The Mary Tyler Moore Show DVD

13 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Old American 70's TV show calle Mary Tyler Moore

The Mary Tyler Moore Show DVD

I got the reference immediately I just hadn’t seen it said until reading this thread this morning.

Not sure how much he’d enjoy it if we all started calling him Mary but a football nickname with a bit of imagination and isn’t just adding a Y at the end of their name is always good in my book. 

From now on he’ll be Mary to me. 

Would love him on a permanent deal. Big unit, good defender and will only improve with games and experience in this league.

Think he'll be a solid defender whilst he is with us and go onto bigger things next season 😕

For me it should’ve been Devlin and Moore getting the sponsors MOTM awards. McKay was good, but thought Moore edged him overall. One of the few players in the opening 10 minutes who clearly wanted the ball and to do something with it.

He was excellent yesterday. Did what little defensive duties he had very well including two excellent headers at the back post. 

I thought he was actually the catalyst in the first half. Very little happened in the first 12 mins of the game until he played a magnificent pass over the top for McKay and then started breaking the lines not with passes but by dribbling forward with purpose. This then left Livvy stuck between a press and sitting. 

A fantastic performance. 

Looked excellent, He is definitely a CH and probably RCH is his best position, I wonder if this has put food for thought in Bob's head, will Soapy come back in next weekend? as Moore doesn't deserve to be dropped imo.

12 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Good to hear this as it didn't look to great last week. But out of position I expect.

Thought the same, he is clearly not a comfortable right back 

He was good.    Best game so far.   Plenty challenges won, straight forward quick passes.   Pleasing performance with a win + clean sheet for the defence.    

He looks really comfortable playing RCD and had a really good game. Just slotted in seamlessly 

Not sure if he would be as comfortable at CB or LCB but time will tell. If he isn’t the only issue is that Soapy is also most comfortable at RCB. 

Halkett seems to suit the centre and Cochrane/Kingsley can play the LCB position 

Add in Haring and Smith (if necessary) and we are well covered in defence 

Firstly, he can defend. Strong in the air and a couple of times showed good awareness to get back and nick the ball away at a dangerous looking cross.  

But what also makes a difference is a defender being confident and good in possession. He certainly looks it. 

Not afraid to knock some balls into midfield between opponents. It really enhances our ability to play from the back.  

Moore was very good on Saturday, strong defensively and good on the ball.  We now have cover at the back and no guarantee that Souttar will start v Motherwell (that seemed unthinkable a couple of weeks ago).   The squad is really shaping up.  

you can tell he has played some games at RB. there was a couple of times he interlinked with smith or mckay on the right and after he played the ball to them he moved forward into space for the return just like how a RB or RWB might cut inside of the winger

21 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

Think she started out even earlier as the wife in the Dick Van Dyke show.

Giving your age away there, OLD chap!

Says a 74 year old!

Very solid display again, won most of the aerial stuff ,and stepped up when Halkett went off.

Deserves to keep his place.

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Very solid display again, won most of the aerial stuff ,and stepped up when Halkett went off.

Deserves to keep his place.

Halkett injured?

Played very well today. One of a back three he is… a right back he is not. Enjoying him bringing the ball out of defence to relieve the pressure 

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Halkett injured?

Not sure but deserve to keep the same back three, they have looked really solid.

A_A wehatethehibs

One of the most important signings of Robbie Neilsons management career in my opinion.

A quality CB was an absolute essential for this season. So far, so good 

6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Back spasm according to RN abs should be fine for the Rangers match 🤞🏻

Cool. Know the feeling but think the car seat was the issue for me. #topoftheleague