Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• Tazio

• Des Lynam

• Greedy Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Didn't look anything like that to me, but i missed half the fight haha. 

Great last round though, nearly had him there. 

Your posts were serious?! Jesus, I thought you were taking the piss.

been here before

Joshua done nothing to win that. Fair play and well done to Usyk.

Holyfield, Haye and Usyk- Cruisers who became Heavyweight champs.

Rematch clause kicks in.

Edited by been here before

A fight with Fury should never happen after this evidence. I honestly think AJ wouldn't be able to walk out the ring after. 

Fury vs Usyk will be a very good match. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Your posts were serious?! Jesus, I thought you were taking the piss.

Aye, had forgot all about, didn't think it would be on so early either. 

Tuned in at round 8 and AJ looked in control, he was landing shots and not getting hit by much. 

I did predict that Usky would win though, so i'm happy with that. 

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That'll be the last time Joshua has a belt round his waist.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

That was poor from AJ, very poor. 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Show pony body builder absolutely schooled by a boxer?

Who knew😂

That's why I favoured Usyk.  I rarely bet boxing matches, but always look for the outsider who has been underestimated by the odds.  Usyk is a class act with incredible self belief, and I was convinced he would find a way of overcoming the bigger fighter.  I don't think AJ had ever fought a guy with Usyk's boxing ability.

I'm loving it because my mates all went for AJ, but I was the only one who went for Usyk and actually put money down on the fight.  They thought I was daft, they're spewing now.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Tuned in at round 8 and AJ looked in control, he was landing shots and not getting hit by much. 

So you miss the first 7 rounds, then say it's all or bust for Usyk in round 12, when it was clearly the other way around for anyone who had actually watched the whole fight.  It's like you turning up at Tynie at half time when we're 5-0 up, then calling for Robbie's head because we lose a goal in the second half not being aware that we were 5-0 up from the first half.

I also predicted a Usyk win, and I guess I'm even more happy than you are with that, because I stuck £80 where my mouth was at 9/4 odds, so have 260 reasons to be delighted in calling the fight correctly.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Fantastic fight. Brilliant from Usyk.

It was a good fight imo. Not a classic but usyk boxed his ****ing lugs off. Could see first couple of rounds what was going to happen. 
He deserved the late KO. AJ didn’t win more than one round imo. 

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Weird how people view fights differently but I gave Joshua round 8 and then Usyk the last 4 rounds to win by 4 rounds.

Usyk:

Amateur record: 350 fights, 335 wins

Professional: 19 fights, 19 wins

Joshua:

Amateur record: 30 fights, 28 wins

Professional: 26 fights, 24 wins

Usyk has perfected his craft over hundreds of fights.

Josh got fast-tracked for marketing purposes.

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

Weird how people view fights differently but I gave Joshua round 8 and then Usyk the last 4 rounds to win by 4 rounds.

I’ve just watched it again. AJ maybe got the better of middle part of the fight but usyk won 8 of the 12 rounds for me. 
Comprehensive win without doubt. 

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

So you miss the first 7 rounds, then say it's all or bust for Usyk in round 12, when it was clearly the other way around for anyone who had actually watched the whole fight.  It's like you turning up at Tynie at half time when we're 5-0 up, then calling for Robbie's head because we lose a goal in the second half not being aware that we were 5-0 up from the first half.

I also predicted a Usyk win, and I guess I'm even more happy than you are with that, because I stuck £80 where my mouth was at 9/4 odds, so have 260 reasons to be delighted in calling the fight correctly.

Did you have money on Usyk, mate?

8 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Did you have money on Usyk, mate?

Rob will be stopping old women in the street to asked them if they saw the fight, just so he can tell them he had 80 quid on Usyk to win.

43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve just watched it again. AJ maybe got the better of middle part of the fight but usyk won 8 of the 12 rounds for me. 
Comprehensive win without doubt. 

Even the middle rounds were close. He never caught Usyk once with any big shots. If the bell hadn’t rung in 12th he was done. Usyk had him in all sorts of trouble. He could have boxed another 12 rounds comfortably where as AJ looked completely spent. 

jack D and coke
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Even the middle rounds were close. He never caught Usyk once with any big shots. If the bell hadn’t rung in 12th he was done. Usyk had him in all sorts of trouble. He could have boxed another 12 rounds comfortably where as AJ looked completely spent. 

Absolutely mate. He looked a big fud last night. 
Immensely pleasing stuff. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone else call this?

My mates were all for AJ not me though I stuck £81 on a Usyk win.

I called it.

What was he, 2/1? 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone else call this?

My mates were all for AJ not me though I stuck £81 on a Usyk win.

I called it.

I'm not a gambler, but I felt Usyk would win this.

Joshua isn't a finisher and lacks speed.  He has been found out.

You can only get so far as a manufactured boxer. If Joshua was in his mid twenties you could try and fix what’s wrong with him as a boxer and maybe get some results from him having the natural advantage of size and strength. But he’s not and he’s too old to completely change his style. As someone posted above he’s actually had very few fights for his age. It also shows up how bad heavyweight boxing has got that a fighter as limited as him became a multiple belt champion.  
Mind you I’ve also seen diddies online trying to claim Fury is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, that’s how far it’s fallen if people believe that.

Edited by Tazio

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You can only get so far as a manufactured boxer. If Joshua was in his mid twenties you could try and fix what’s wrong with him as a boxer and maybe get some results from him having the natural advantage of size and strength. But he’s not and he’s too old to completely change his style. As someone posted above he’s actually had very few fights for his age. It also shows up how bad heavyweight boxing has got that a fighter as limited as him became a multiple belt champion.  
Mind you I’ve also seen diddies online trying to claim Fury is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, that’s how far it’s fallen if people believe that.

Same was true of Amur Khan to a degree. Plenty of talent but never perfected his weaknesses and had no chin whatsoever 

Never liked Joshua. Nice lad and all that but as a boxer. Not good. 
He’s TOO nice. 
Needs some hate about him. 
Not enough agression. 
Built like a killer of men but the heart of a mouse. Boxers of the past would have smacked his erse and sent him hame to his mamma!

I like Joshua as a person, certainly preferable to "it was just uncastrated wild boar" Fury, but last night showed his limitations as a boxer and a fighter.

He was never going to outbox Usyk and needed to take some risks to land heavy shots but since Ruiz, he appears to lack confidence in his chin.

Doubt he will have anywhere near enough to change things in a rematch and if he loses that, where does he go from there?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

I like Joshua as a person, certainly preferable to "it was just uncastrated wild boar" Fury, but last night showed his limitations as a boxer and a fighter.

He was never going to outbox Usyk and needed to take some risks to land heavy shots but since Ruiz, he appears to lack confidence in his chin.

Doubt he will have anywhere near enough to change things in a rematch and if he loses that, where does he go from there?

His team will then desperately try to get a fight with Fury carded after running away from him for two years. 

He'll get his arse handed to him then too. 

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

His team will then desperately try to get a fight with Fury carded after running away from him for two years. 

He'll get his arse handed to him then too. 

It was Fury's side that kiboshed the fight between them though?

Joshua is a limited boxer but not sure he's ducked a fight.

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Correct. 

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I don’t think he does either. I think he knows he’s not the greatest fighter but he takes defeat fairly well he’s been pretty gracious about the loss from what I’ve seen. 
He doesn’t beat Usyk in a rematch either he’s just too mobile and quick. He might be for most in the division tbh. 

He has a rematch clause what he will cash in he will no doubt win that and there will be a third . I really hate these rematch clauses .

Eddie’s face was a picture last night towards the end of the 12th then not so quick into the ring he’s normally jumping into the ring like prince naseem hamed 😂

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He has a rematch clause what he will cash in he will no doubt win that and there will be a third . I really hate these rematch clauses .

Eddie’s face was a picture last night towards the end of the 12th then not so quick into the ring he’s normally jumping into the ring like prince naseem hamed 😂

He doesn’t win any rematch imo. 
This wasn’t an Andy Ruiz. Usyk is class and a dedicated fighter with great skills. 
He should avoid a rematch for me but it’s contracted so it’ll happen. He loses and then that’s it really. A fury fight won’t mean an awful lot after that. 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Eddie Hearn talks pish. Typical fight promoter. Wouldn't trust him to tell me his own name!

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He doesn’t win any rematch imo. 
This wasn’t an Andy Ruiz. Usyk is class and a dedicated fighter with great skills. 
He should avoid a rematch for me but it’s contracted so it’ll happen. He loses and then that’s it really. A fury fight won’t mean an awful lot after that. 

It won't happen. The governing bodies will strip Usyk of the belts if he doesn't fight who they tell him to fight.

Joshua is a charlatan of a boxer and a man. He'll be back robbing old folk with menace, soon enough. Fecking juice head.

Joshua doesn't want to fight Tyson Fury for years, now he expects The world champion to fight some bum with no belt. Leave it out, AJ you fecking loser.

Watch the AJ lovers tell how it was Tyson who didn't want to fight. :rofl: Aye, good yin.

Edited by ri Alban