Beni and Devlin

julienbrellier

The_razors_edge

Both were excellent today. As someone has already said though, I’ll temper my enthusiasm until they boss a better team than Livvy (who were absolutely atrocious today) 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Sub4TiddlerMurray

• jamboinglasgow

• RobNox

6 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

So much energy between the two of them and they can both play aswell. Excited with the options we have in the squad right now.

Dealing is a right wee nark. Always got something to say. Brilliant. About time we had someone like that. He was only on the pitch 2 mins last week and he was questioning why the Ross Co goalie was feigning an injury.

rudi must stay

Devlin showed quality on the ball too attacking wise. Beni I think is challenging his defensive instincts and being a bit more attacking minded each match. By the way that's not criticising him. **** me what a player 

Love both of them. Beni has been brilliant every time he has played. Waiting to see Devlin I was hoping he would be even half as good as Beni. After that performance today he might just be even better. What an engine room we have now. Two absolute stars in the making. Very exciting season underway. 

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Definitely good chemistry. Just the medicine we've been needing.

The other teams in the league better be ready to take their medicine when BeniLin come to town. 

6 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Dealing is a right wee nark. Always got something to say. Brilliant. About time we had someone like that. He was only on the pitch 2 mins last week and he was questioning why the Ross Co goalie was feigning an injury.

Mentioned this to the guy next to me, great to see a Hearts player in the Refs face.

Living in Spain I have to watch on Hearts TV. Speaking to another expat who is an Everton fan and he couldn’t believe we managed to get Beni! He was always one player he felt was destined for a big career.

His Scottish team needless to say is now Hearts! Great performance today but think better is still to come!

StevenNaismith

I commented on a thread a couple of weeks back having watched Devlin train and I said he’d be an absolute nightmare to play against and I was proven correct today. Both of them were terrific.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I commented on a thread a couple of weeks back having watched Devlin train and I said he’d be an absolute nightmare to play against and I was proven correct today. Both of them were terrific.

It’s still early days but I said for last 2 weeks Beni needed someone more proactive beside him in similar mould.  

We saw that today. They two must be hellish to play against.  

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

They are absolutely the real deal, what a difference having them in midfield. Energetic, comfortable in possession, controlling the game, great distribution, constantly winning the ball back.

The 3 in front of them look so much better knowing they'll get the service, the back 3/5 are being protected. 0 shots on target for livi today.

Enjoy them while they are here because they are destined for big moves.

Great to hear. 

Didn't make it to the game becaise of work but it sounds like all thenew signings have really made a difference & made the other players step up. 

F'n brilliant!

With them two in there i’d be confided at going toe to toe with anyone in this league. They will dominate and outrun most midfields. Great platform for our forwards to play freely.

HeartsandonlyHearts

All we need now is Scottish officials to protect playmakers from other teams other than the @$$ cheeks. A couple of Livingston players today were taking it hard being made to look p!$#. Only a matter of time before some big stupid hacker loses it.

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Are there two Cammy Devlin's

Certainly seemed that was the case today

the Lad seemed to be everywhere, popping up all over the park today

10/10

White kante 

With their energy and ability to cover the ground and the fact they can both attack and defend, it's like having an extra player in the team. A joy to watch.

They give so much protection to the back 3, is is now a realistic option to play an attacking 5 in front of them with attacking players playing the wing back positions.

I didn't think we'd sign anyone that would impress me like beni has but that was some performance from Devlin. I dunno if people noticed but at 3-0 he was screaming at everyone to keep the energy up. Boy was everywhere today. 

Beni and the Jet.

This is the correct nickname for the pair.

You know I'm right.

(We got Devlin from Newcastle Jets)

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cracks me up that Aberdeen signed a washed up prick scott brown while we’ve signed them 2 😂

But neither is a 'guid Scottish laddie'

best in the land

Would loved to have seen devlin in about Scott brown against Aberdeen. 

What a difference having a midfield pair like that. 

Keep it going hearts against motherwell next week please! 

Unless one of the has been hit by a rogue comet, they are the starting central midfield pair every match. Neither of them know what a 50/50 is. They take it as an insult should someone still have the ball when they tackle them. Glorious.

Beni was class as usual but loved Devlin’s attitude, one of the best individual performances I’ve seen at Tynecastle in a long time. 

Early in the game today the crowd got a bit restless and moany, then Devlin flew into a challenge and got the crowd back behind the team - so important to have a player like that with such energy in the middle of the park!

The amount of times Beni dummy turned an opposition player today was mental. He's an incredible player.

I heard loads of good things about Devlin from my Aussie uncle, so had high expectations and he didn't let us down. 

Very excited about these two in midfield and we've got multiple options in defence and out wide.

Was at my Niece's birthday party but already knew Beningime would be the man today. The guy is different gravy and could definitely make it in the PL or atleast a high Championship level

HeartsandonlyHearts
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Unless one of the has been hit by a rogue comet, they are the starting central midfield pair every match. Neither of them know what a 50/50 is. They take it as an insult should someone still have the ball when they tackle them. Glorious.

Beni gets us so many fouls with his deceptive speed and quick touches. Opposition sees the ball right there, goes for it and whoosh it’s gone. Happened at least twice today. Still find it hard to believe we signed him and no other scout saw what we are getting to watch weekly.

Going to comment on both our centre mids. Was really good to see two players so energetic and determined in midfield. During RN’s recent Open Goal interview he said you need legs in midfield to make 3-4-3 work. Today’s was solid evidence of that. There’s not a side in the country that won’t have their midfield plans ****ed up by that pair. Boundless energy, great tackling, always looking to push the ball up the park. Fantastic. 

jamboinglasgow

Impressed with the two of then today.

Devlin was incredible, seemed to be everywhere and pulled out clean tackles on players Then move it around. I do worry sometimes when a player's main attribute is that they are energetic, as it can mean that they are running around everywhere which makes up for their lack of talent. But Devlin showed both how his energetic nature made him a nightmare for the opposition but also how he is a fantastic passer and reads the game well (that interception in the second half where the ball looked to be going to Shinnie who would get it free on the edge of the box and Devlin suddenly appeared and intercepted it.) In the first half I remember he made a pass where two Livi players were closing him down and he passed perfectly through them to Kingsley on the wing.

Beni, well is just Beni. Class and on a level above almost all other players in Scotland at winning and holding onto the ball.

The recruitment this summer looks inspired, and the fact we have signed these two with the new set up barely off the ground bodes well future windows when they recruitment department has been well established and has more time to scout.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

This is the type of player I want to see come to Hearts, ambitious guys who see us a stepping stone to better things.

Absolutely. It’s a perfect match. 

The alternative is to sign huddies on long term contracts and where other teams wouldn’t want to touch them with a barge pole 

Considering what we spent on them the return we can get will be huge. 

Was a bit underwhelmed when we signed Devlin as billed as another defensive type midfielder, but so much more to his game after watching him for 90 minutes what a debut. Exciting times ahead 👍

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Impressed with the two of then today.

Devlin was incredible, seemed to be everywhere and pulled out clean tackles on players Then move it around. I do worry sometimes when a player's main attribute is that they are energetic, as it can mean that they are running around everywhere which makes up for their lack of talent. But Devlin showed both how his energetic nature made him a nightmare for the opposition but also how he is a fantastic passer and reads the game well (that interception in the second half where the ball looked to be going to Shinnie who would get it free on the edge of the box and Devlin suddenly appeared and intercepted it.) In the first half I remember he made a pass where two Livi players were closing him down and he passed perfectly through them to Kingsley on the wing.

Beni, well is just Beni. Class and on a level above almost all other players in Scotland at winning and holding onto the ball.

The recruitment this summer looks inspired, and the fact we have signed these two with the new set up barely off the ground bodes well future windows when they recruitment department has been well established and has more time to scout.

Good read 👍 we might struggle in the future to hold onto the recruitment dept if they unearth more of the same.

Devlin was brilliant today, seemed to be everywhere. If he plays like that most weeks we’ll be ok. Beni was as usual, completely excellent. Think those two will play every week when possible.

4 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Devlin was brilliant today, seemed to be everywhere. If he plays like that most weeks we’ll be ok. Beni was as usual, completely excellent. Think those two will play every week when possible.

Totally agree Devlin outstanding Beni his usual self 

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely. It’s a perfect match. 

The alternative is to sign huddies on long term contracts and where other teams wouldn’t want to touch them with a barge pole 

Considering what we spent on them the return we can get will be huge. 

That's the other good thing, we signed them both on permanent contracts, not loan signings, so we stand to make a healthy return if bigger clubs come in for them.

Also, if we start to develop a reputation for signing players like this and helping them move on to better things, that can only help us attract more players of this calibre.