• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Sub4TiddlerMurray

• jamboinglasgow

• RobNox

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

But but but Devlin only played in the piss poor Australian A League which is totally shite, according to some know feck alls on here. 

Aye OK planks. 

He will be a star and I've said all along that Beni and Cammy will be our first choice midfield pairing.

He did only play in the piss poor A League just like Andy Robertson played in the brutally pish Scottish League 2.  Doesn’t mean they aren’t good players, doesn’t mean the leagues they played in aren’t pish. 

He was outstanding today and Beni strolled it too.  Can’t see much game time for Haring this season unless injuries or suspensions. 

But can we just enjoy them while they’re here and stop going on about how much we can get in transfer fees when they’ve only been here 5 minutes?  We’re here to hopefully watch a winning football team not a balance sheet. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

This final paragraph in the match report made smile….

‘The game wound down after that, with a raft of changes taking the sting out the game for most players other than Devlin who was still chasing down every ball as if his life depended on it, as the referee called time on an impressive display from the Jambos.’

What a difference to reflect, in the pub after the game, how good the performance was, without a single failure.

Beni and Cammy were fabulous together, hard to believe that was their first start together.

Barry MacKay had some delicious touches, his rolling his man at the first goal was a joy to behold.

Moore made us forget Souttar wasn't playing. Cochrane I felt was excellent and his goal, scored on the end of a great ball from Mackay was a joy.

The competition for places puts pressure on every player to up their game, great times ahead.

Best I have felt after a game since I don't know when.

16 minutes ago, Clear few said:

🎼“2 Cammy Devlins”

“There must be 2 Cammy Devlins, 2 Cammy Devlins there must be 2 Cammy Devlins!”🎶

He's here he's there he's every f-ing where Cammy D Cammy D

Diadora Van Basten
4 hours ago, red said:

Our recruitment this year has been superb! No surprise after getting rid of a few “recruiters” 

thought Devlin was MotM today closely followed by McKay & Beni. 

I would second that and also mention Cochrane was great as well.

4 hours ago, red said:

Our recruitment this year has been superb! No surprise after getting rid of a few “recruiters” 

thought Devlin was MotM today closely followed by McKay & Beni. 

Spot on.

Cammy was great playing for our local club The Wellington Phoenix here in  NZ for the past three seasons after the manager Ufuk Talay brought him over from Sydney FC ,he’s great with the fans who loved his gutsy game style,he was always happy to engage with the supporters and he never gave anything less than 100 percent during games and also training at Martin Luckie park!

Wasn’t  sure how long it would take him to step up a few gears at Tynecastle but he seems to be having no problems at all with the tougher rigours of the Scottish premier league ,being surrounded by a higher class group of players will only enhance his game!

Really enjoying tracking Cammy’s career and the sky’s the limit for him!

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Really impressed by Devlin today. I think him and Beni will do well.

My only concern is up against bigger teams who load the midfield with huddies we might need to bring Pete back in purely for some size. Horses for courses and all that.

That being said, his diminutive stature didn't really seem to be a detriment to the twam. He's very active and a total pest. Opposition must hate playing guys like that.

As if it’s now a concern that we might need to settle for playing Peter Haring, who’s been comfortably our best midfielder for years, what a team Robbie & Savage have built 

I can only reiterate what everyone else is saying Cammy was outstanding today. Demanding possession, even going back to central defence to pick  up the ball. Covered every blade of grass and not shy of encouraging team mates to do better or demanding a pass. Thought his movement allowed Benni to get forward a bit more than he usually does when partnering Haring. Their movement will pull alot of teams about this season and disrupt opponents tactics. Everyone played their part and movement was great today but Cammy & Benni were "the dogs". 

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

That's the other good thing, we signed them both on permanent contracts, not loan signings, so we stand to make a healthy return if bigger clubs come in for them.

Also, if we start to develop a reputation for signing players like this and helping them move on to better things, that can only help us attract more players of this calibre.

I remember thinking a few years ago and around why we never fulfilled our vision of putting good young players in the side (via the academy or dev fees) who were ambitious, would show their worth with us and then get picked up for big money and preferably down south. 

And then just recycle the strategy. 

your last sentence is bang on and that is simply the pay off. It’s so important to have the right type of people to identify these type of players and we have that now with our recruitment team. 

Such a huge leap in a very little period of time. Augers well for the future indeed

wattie exploited

what I noticed about Devlin  was that he was always in the refs ear which I thought was class moaning about anything that he thought he should have brilliant :rifle:

Never in doubt, having watched devlin play for phoenix I had a very good feeling he wood be a good player for hearts, Him and Beni are our best midfield since Hartley and Brellier and we all remember how that season finished 😀 just saying...

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

image.jpeg.abc363c10e20397c792937b122c54b04.jpeg

Looks like he is just buzzing to be here. Think he will be be a real asset for us, on and off the pitch 👏👏👏👏👏

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, true-jambo said:

What a difference to reflect, in the pub after the game, how good the performance was, without a single failure.

Beni and Cammy were fabulous together, hard to believe that was their first start together.

Barry MacKay had some delicious touches, his rolling his man at the first goal was a joy to behold.

Moore made us forget Souttar wasn't playing. Cochrane I felt was excellent and his goal, scored on the end of a great ball from Mackay was a joy.

The competition for places puts pressure on every player to up their game, great times ahead.

Best I have felt after a game since I don't know when.

McKay has really surprised me. I couldn't really remember him and assumed he was a bit of a show pony but he's a very good footballer. Just don't mention the hair. If this is him with no real pre-season as well... him and GMS do need to find some shooting boots though.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, RobNox said:

That's the other good thing, we signed them both on permanent contracts, not loan signings, so we stand to make a healthy return if bigger clubs come in for them.

Also, if we start to develop a reputation for signing players like this and helping them move on to better things, that can only help us attract more players of this calibre.

Or persuade the likes of Cochrane, Woodburn and Moore to sign permanent deals.

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

As if it’s now a concern that we might need to settle for playing Peter Haring, who’s been comfortably our best midfielder for years, what a team Robbie & Savage have built 

Oh it's absolutely not a concern for me. Haring is my favourite player and having a player of his quality as a backup just proves the high quality of the team. 

I just meant that personally for Devlin his size could be a concern as far as playing big midfields, although his tenacious energy makes up for a lot of that. I'm glad to have options.

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

We've been waiting for a long time for another Cameron in midfield, now we have him, literally.

I was thinking this also. Best midfielder since bruno aguiar? 

3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I was thinking this also. Best midfielder since bruno aguiar? 

Best since Beni…. Not had 2 centre midfielders of this quality in a very long time. Exciting times ahead. 

15 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That is our midfield pairing. Absolutely solid today. Devlin played today like he wanted to do well, he so wanted to stake a claim and he’s done it. The energy, drive and tenacity he brought today was amazing. And Bene, well just another stroll for the lad wasn’t it. Very pleased with that

I watched the interview with Cammy on HeartsTV and you could tell he is enthusiastic to be here. Need to keep the pair because if they keep this up other clubs will be trying to lure them away. How many positive threads have we got now, I've lost count 😁

I saw yesterday that Devlin's our best player according to FIFA, that raised an eyebrow. But yesterday, I got it!

Mind you, I think it reckoned there are 9 better keepers than Gordon in the SPL lol

Out of the games beni has played I can’t remember him ever losing possession. He’s so good in tight areas getting himself out of trouble. With Devlin not giving his opponents a second of time along with his great passing ability Hearts now have a centre mid pairing we’ve been crying out for a long time.

Let’s hope they can keep producing performances like that because if they do we have to real gems on our hands.

8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

what I noticed about Devlin  was that he was always in the refs ear which I thought was class moaning about anything that he thought he should have brilliant :rifle:

:jjyay:

It's hard not to get carried away, they're not just quality, they're both honest, hard working and RIGHT up for it.

When's the next hibs game?

Ki

6 minutes ago, Insideout said:

Devlin reminded me of Blackie, a real pest and constantly talking to players and the ref.

Yeah me too. But Blackie at his best. 2012 version.

2 things stood out for me.

How high up he and Beni played. Facilitated by our defenders allowing it and them trying to sit in. Ok, you u want to low block? We won't play Infront of it, we're confident enough to play right in it, in your box.

Our penalty came from this. Beni and Dev just wouldn't let them out.

You could say they're defensive players in a way but you use them to win the ball in the final third, that ain't defensive!!

Other thing was just how brilliant his interception was when they had a pass on to our right back area for a one on one. He saw it, he bust a gut to block it. It was properly impressive.

Great signs all round and you'd think this teams only Gona get better, right?!?!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

He made the ref smile when doing it too, which is even classier 😁

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ki

Yeah me too. But Blackie at his best. 2012 version.

2 things stood out for me.

How high up he and Beni played. Facilitated by our defenders allowing it and them trying to sit in. Ok, you u want to low block? We won't play Infront of it, we're confident enough to play right in it, in your box.

Our penalty came from this. Beni and Dev just wouldn't let them out.

You could say they're defensive players in a way but you use them to win the ball in the final third, that ain't defensive!!

Other thing was just how brilliant his interception was when they had a pass on to our right back area for a one on one. He saw it, he bust a gut to block it. It was properly impressive.

Great signs all round and you'd think this teams only Gona get better, right?!?!

spot on!

Not always a good thing 

51 minutes ago, Insideout said:

Devlin reminded me of Blackie, a real pest and constantly talking to players and the ref.

Yep, bossing our players and bullying the opposition. And done with a smile. Looks like a great signing 👍

9 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Yeah me too. We've missed that, every other team seem to do it and benefit from it.

Something else i noticed was every time one of our players was fouled, Cam sprinted to the scene, kind of in a "just in case" kinda way! Love that!!!

Hes gona get suspensions!!! But the good will outweigh

scott herbertson
Just now, TheBigO said:

Yeah me too. We've missed that, every other team seem to do it and benefit from it.

Something else i noticed was every time one of our players was fouled, Cam sprinted to the scene, kind of in a "just in case" kinda way! Love that!!!

Hes gona get suspensions!!! But the good will outweigh

On the suspensions note, another positive was no-one booked today. In their faces all day, tackling hard and not a single yellow card

A great day all round

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

On the suspensions note, another positive was no-one booked today. In their faces all day, tackling hard and not a single yellow card

A great day all round

Right enough.

Just had a thought. Wait til Cam gets in about Broon!

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A great day all round

A clean sheet, 3 goals added to our goal difference, and not only no yellows but hardly any fouls. Whilst acknowledging that the typical BBC bare stats often fail to reflect a match, in this case ... 😀

Screenshot_20210926-101239_Google.jpg

Jambof3tornado
16 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Devlin and Beni are the midfield partnership I've been looking forward to seeing and they did not disappoint.

Absolutely strolled the game. To have those two on long term deals is orgasmic.

Reminded me of gomis and buaben. On the move constantly, available for an easy 3 yard pass and hold the ball just long enough for their opponent to commit to a challenge by which point its beem released and made the tackler look like a fud.

Plenty more to come.

...andFulton'sBaggio

I wasn't able to get to the game yesterday for a whole bunch of personal reasons. Waking up this morning to read this thread has been an absolute joy. What a difference it makes having a proper midfield, a department we've struggled in more often than not over the years.

Cameron, Fulton, Salvatori were dreamy

Hartley and Brellier were immense - even if Bellier was the lesser of the two - with Skacel out wide of course

Aguiar was great, although he didn't play much through injury

And now this. Can't wait to see them play together!

I'm with another poster who said let's not think about money. I'm a football fan, and as such a fantastist. I just wanna dream about them staying at Hearts for their entire careers!