Beni and Devlin

julienbrellier

julienbrellier

They are absolutely the real deal, what a difference having them in midfield. Energetic, comfortable in possession, controlling the game, great distribution, constantly winning the ball back.

The 3 in front of them look so much better knowing they'll get the service, the back 3/5 are being protected. 0 shots on target for livi today.

Enjoy them while they are here because they are destined for big moves.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Sub4TiddlerMurray

• jamboinglasgow

• RobNox

Devlin winning 18 duels losing just 5 and also won 5 out of his 6 headers - not bad for someone who’s 5 ft 7.

He was everywhere - brilliant game. 

Absolute Scenes

That is our midfield pairing. Absolutely solid today. Devlin played today like he wanted to do well, he so wanted to stake a claim and he’s done it. The energy, drive and tenacity he brought today was amazing. And Bene, well just another stroll for the lad wasn’t it. Very pleased with that

Definitely. I love Haring but he's very stationary. In these sorts of games you need energy and movement to drag players about and create space.

He was incredible. What a game he had. Paired so well with Beni.

We have some serious depth and quality across our team. Hopefully once McKay and Woodburn hit peak form we'll really tear sides apart. 

15 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

They are absolutely the real deal, what a difference having them in midfield. Energetic, comfortable in possession, controlling the game, great distribution, constantly winning the ball back.

The 3 in front of them look so much better knowing they'll get the service, the back 3/5 are being protected. 0 shots on target for livi today.

Enjoy them while they are here because they are destined for big moves.

Your absolutely right. They will get their move but that’s ok. As long as we get the right fee for them 

the recruitment team will go out and find us others of the same and to replace them. Pretty confident about this. 

Tremendous pair in the middle.  I also noted today that unlike Haring and Beni who played a flat two most of the time, Devlin say allowing Beni to get further forward. 

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That is our midfield pairing. Absolutely solid today. Devlin played today like he wanted to do well, he so wanted to stake a claim and he’s done it. The energy, drive and tenacity he brought today was amazing. And Bene, well just another stroll for the lad wasn’t it. Very pleased with that

Beni strolled it but Devlin was absolutely everywhere.

These 2 must be an absolute nightmare to play against 

Thing is they have only played 1 game together 

Augers really well for the future 

Both are proper old school centre midfielders, none of this holding midfielder or deep lying playmaker pish. Energy, drive and ability relentlessly shown on every blade of grass

Devlin and Beni are the midfield partnership I've been looking forward to seeing and they did not disappoint.

Absolutely strolled the game. To have those two on long term deals is orgasmic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Both are proper old school centre midfielders, none of this holding midfielder or deep lying playmaker pish. Energy, drive and ability relentlessly shown on every blade of grass

Correct and the joy of that is that it allows really skilful players like Woodburn and McKay more time on the ball and more opportunities to be creative.

Guest ToqueJambo

Top class. Great to be able to choose different styes of partner for Beni. Devlin seems the kind of character we've needed for a while. If another player had played like Beni did again we'd be raving. It's already just normal for him to barely put a foot wrong though. Hope he keeps it up, stays injury-free, and we'll get lots of money for him in a year if we want.

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your absolutely right. They will get their move but that’s ok. As long as we get the right fee for them 

the recruitment team will go out and find us others of the same and to replace them. Pretty confident about this. 

This is the type of player I want to see come to Hearts, ambitious guys who see us a stepping stone to better things.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, RobNox said:

This is the type of player I want to see come to Hearts, ambitious guys who see us a stepping stone to better things.

Also someone who can connecwith the crowd. We've been missing those types.

Really impressed by Devlin today. I think him and Beni will do well.

My only concern is up against bigger teams who load the midfield with huddies we might need to bring Pete back in purely for some size. Horses for courses and all that.

That being said, his diminutive stature didn't really seem to be a detriment to the twam. He's very active and a total pest. Opposition must hate playing guys like that.

Not seen hunger from a Hearts player in a long time like seen from Devlin today.

Clearly he won’t shy away and realises the opportunity hes got at the club.

Looks like he’ll be a great fit for us and Scottish footb

I was impressed with the performance of Beni when he started in the team but the addition of Devlin made them a delicious pairing.  Now to see them play against a better team than Livi.

Our recruitment this year has been superb! No surprise after getting rid of a few “recruiters” 

thought Devlin was MotM today closely followed by McKay & Beni. 

Ainsley Harriott
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cracks me up that Aberdeen signed a washed up prick scott brown while we’ve signed them 2 😂

I'm fairly confident we will finish miles clear of aberdeen. 

Time for Haring to seek to get into the defence I suspect. I think he can compete with Halkett TBH as he's a better passer - imagine Souttar and Haring passing out from the back? Our midfield could move that bit further up the pitch...

37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cracks me up that Aberdeen signed a washed up prick scott brown while we’ve signed them 2 😂

Broonie has been slowing up every Season and dropping further back he’ll be on a deckchair behind the beach-end this Season. To think of the fight and drive he had. Pretty sad actually.  

Kidd’s Boots

Hats off to the lad, an outstanding home debut. He and Beni look like the real deal in midfield. Can’t overlook Barrie McKay today, he gave the lad Lewis an absolutely torrid time, some the interplay was superb

31 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

But but but Irving 🤣🤣🤣

That’s actually  a very good point and shows how far we had fallen that some people were bothered by him leaving.  Wouldn't even make our bench.

Great to watch 

Benni is so calm when players round them, 

Devlin chased everything,  great Interception in 2nd half when the ball was going through to their front guy👏👏👏

Also very impressed with Moore 

What an engine on Devlin, huge grin on his face when entering the tunnel, it was a pleasure to have watched him today. Trying to push the big defender away was a bit ambitious though 🤣

Captain Lithuania

Joe and his team better have some more on the radar for when these lads leave us. Really impressive today, as another said, enjoy them while they are here. 

The pair of them are tenacious. A very necessary quality in the helter skelter world of Scottish Football.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Cracking duo and were on the same wavelength the entire game. Beni goes without saying.

Devlin was everywhere and nipped the ball so many times. Some nice tackles too. Jumps like a kangaroo too, amazing how he wins headers despite being wee.

Bazzas right boot

Thought Devlin was fantastic, especially for a lad who is on work experience from his 4th year studies.