Club fined Zlamal for defending racist

Ex member of the SaS

The Rangers midfielder was subjected to the abuse from Slavia Prague’s defender during the Ibrox side’s 2-0 defeat in the last 16 of last season’s Europa League. Kudela received a ten-game ban from Uefa, which ruled him out of Euro 2020.

Zlamal, who recently retired from football following his Hearts exit, later spoke to a newspaper publication in his native Czech Republic while on an emergency loan at St Johnstone as his contract in Gorgie ran down.

He was quoted as saying: “The racism was great for Rangers because it covered up all their shortcomings as Slavia beat them. Rangers players are definitely no saints.

"The whole thing annoys me because no one has presented any evidence. Innocent until proved guilty is supposed to be a big thing in the west, but that has not happened.”

Asked about it on Czech TV prior to Rangers’ clash with Slavia’s rivals Spara Prague, Zlamal doubled down on his stance and says his words caused heated arguments in the Tynecastle dressing room. He also says Hearts tried to make him issue an apology, which he refused to do.

Zlamal said: “I left Scotland three months ago and it was still being discussed. I was asked for my honest opinion, gave it and I got fined for it. Very unfair.

"All I said was that there was no proof and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty should be honoured. The club pushed me to apologise, but I didn't do it because I didn't know what I should apologise for.

"My problem was that in Scotland, they automatically presumed Ondrej was guilty. But there was no real proof.

"I also had major problems with some players in the dressing room. I stood my ground though. We had a big exchange of views.

"It was exaggerated everywhere. Even now, we see Glen Kamara's lawyer come up with crazy stuff and that creates more hatred.

"The Sparta match against Rangers will go ahead with no problems."

Sorry, posting that because the Evening News is an advertising-AIDS riddled heap of utter shite that deliberately makes it very difficult to read articles by splitting them up into a million bits that wears an entire mouse out per article with the sheer amount of scrolling you need to do.

Absolute Scenes

Bobby "dives-5-minutes-early-for-penalties" defending racist. What a weapon. 

Glenn Kamara does not strike me as the type of guy to make that kind of stuff up and use race and racism as a way to punish another random player he has zero connection to. You can tell by the way he reacted that whatever was said, was very very low, he was absolutely furious.

So glad this panto clown is out our club. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Club fined Zlamal for defending racist

If he had just said the 2nd paragraph about the evidence of a racist comment and innocent until proven guilty then he could feel aggrieved at being fined.

But to say before that "The racism was great for Rangers because...." and then claim to not know what he has to apologise for makes him appear very very stupid.

40 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sorry, posting that because the Evening News is an advertising-AIDS riddled heap of utter shite that deliberately makes it very difficult to read articles by splitting them up into a million bits that wears an entire mouse out per article with the sheer amount of scrolling you need to do.

Bit like your post.

6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Bit like your post.

:wtfvlad:

It's a copy and paste from the article without all the shite in between.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

:wtfvlad:

It's a copy and paste from the article without all the shite in between.

I agree with him tbf, your post also gave my computer aids 😭 

Edit - nope it was me trying for a Muslim milf in my area

Edited by Jeff

Just now, Jeff said:

I agree with him tbf, your post also gave my computer aids 😭

I don't understand, I took all of the shite out.  There's nothing else in it, even on mobile :(

postscreenshot.png

Another boost for Kamara who has signed a new contract to 2025, that players at other clubs were speaking up for him. 

Quite a few Czech players at the time backed Kudela. West Ham's Soucek for example. Maybe West Ham fined him too. 

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another boost for Kamara who has signed a new contract to 2025, that players at other clubs were speaking up for him. 

Quite a few Czech players at the time backed Kudela. West Ham's Soucek for example. Maybe West Ham fined him too. 

They must be looking to sell him then.  Unlike us though, they do seem to be able to tie down their more marketable assets to very long contracts so they get good money for them. 

38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They must be looking to sell him then.  Unlike us though, they do seem to be able to tie down their more marketable assets to very long contracts so they get good money for them. 

By offering them ridiculous sums of money (and lucrative tax avoidance schemes in the past), not a route we should ever be going down as the norm.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So racism is bad but joking about AIDS is ok. 

Such a confused world. Prejudice comes in all shapes and forms. 

Did this unconscious bias thing once, turned out I was biased against fat people whilst not being exactly slim myself. 

Guaranteed we all have a bias, but in 2021 best kept inside the napper 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did this unconscious bias thing once, turned out I was biased against fat people whilst not being exactly slim myself. 

Exactly. Then people moan that ‘you can’t say anything these days’. 

out of interest, how do they test for that unconscious bias?  Would be quite an interesting thing to do. 

Edited by GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. Then people moan that ‘you can’t say anything these days’. 

out of interest, how do they test for that unconscious bias?  Would be quite an interesting thing to do. 

Whole series of questions meant to be answered rapidly without thinking, first thing that comes to mind. A bit like Myers Briggs questioning if you know that 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Whole series of questions meant to be answered rapidly without thinking, first thing that comes to mind. A bit like Myers Briggs questioning if you know that 

Had to look that up but now I have I know the type of thing aye. 

5 hours ago, Homme said:

Good move from the club. I remember being really disappointed with his comments at the time.

👍

good to hear our club did the right thing, glad we’re no longer associated with him.

Looks like the hanging jury are well and truly out spouting their righteous indignation but Maybe Bobby remembered the vile abuse that emanates from the Ibrox faithful.

Always had my suspicions about Zlamal's worldview ever since he got called out for following wee Tommeh Robinson on Instagram back in his first season with us. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah I got a ticking off for describing Fazenda as a "Bulemic's Paradise" recently. Even bad taste jokes not directed at anyone specific aren't allowed...

Think it was around the same time but I remember him coming out in the press saying that there were a lot of “rangers fans or sympathisers” playing in our team 

Remember thinking with his on field performances that he wasn’t really entitled to be saying much, if anything, in the press 

He should have just shut his gob and said nothing, regardless of how he felt

12 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Looks like the hanging jury are well and truly out spouting their righteous indignation but Maybe Bobby remembered the vile abuse that emanates from the Ibrox faithful.

:cornette: Sometimes it's really better to just say nothing.

I actually think the club were wrong in this instance.

I also think Bobby was wrong to air his views publicly, but he believes he was sticking up for a fellow countryman and I would hazard a friend too.

Abhorrent as racism is. I do believe people have a right to their views, we do live in a democracy afterall.

I do think it was wrong to fine Bobby for having an opinion, despite how distasteful that opinion may be.

Ainsley Harriott
26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I also think Bobby was wrong to air his views publicly, but he believes he was sticking up for a fellow countryman and I would hazard a friend too.

Abhorrent as racism is. I do believe people have a right to their views, we do live in a democracy afterall.

I do think it was wrong to fine Bobby for having an opinion, despite how distasteful that opinion may be.

Agree. It was Kamara's word v the other guys. No other court in the world would have found him guilty. 

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

All organisations tend to take action if they feel that an employee has posted or said something in public that they believe adversely impacts their reputation. Bobby could have sought recourse via a tribunal or the courts if he felt strongly enough about it. 

Racism is abhorrent in all of its forms, I think Bobby should have kept his mouth shut as I do believe in this instance Kudela did what was said and thus the club were correct. 

thing is - there is actually no hard and fast evidence is there  - just the reaction from Kamara which I don’t believe could be faked and the deliberate covering of the mouth.. 

It is a problem though, is every who is accused of saying something racist actually guilty of it? How do you actually prove that? I’ve no idea. 

maybe the players should be wired for sound 

He was right about the amount of Rangers fans in the Hearts dressing room though. 

He was also right in a sense about the racist incident getting Rangers off the hook. 

Their players had been running around kicking their opponents off the pitch, if the racist incident hadn't happened they would have had several players with red cards. 

Quite simply they couldn't handle getting beat. 

Has it been proved that Kamara was abused ? 

If so then Bobby should have accepted it. 

If not then he should be chasing Hearts for the return of the fine. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He was right about the amount of Rangers fans in the Hearts dressing room though. 

He was also right in a sense about the racist incident getting Rangers off the hook. 

Their players had been running around kicking their opponents off the pitch, if the racist incident hadn't happened they would have had several players with red cards. 

Quite simply they couldn't handle getting beat. 

Has it been proved that Kamara was abused ? 

If so then Bobby should have accepted it. 

If not then he should be chasing Hearts for the return of the fine. 

From an HR point of view it has nothing to do with the rights and wrong of the incident, it is to do with whether Zlamal was in breach of Hearts' policies. Saying in a media engagement that racism was good for Rangers will have been a breach of those policies. Lots of us accept as part of our conditions of employment that we won't be able to speak in the media about our industry in a way that is at odds with our employer's policies. Zlamal can hold the view. He can express it in the pub with his mates. He can't say it in the media while employed by Hearts.

56 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Agree. It was Kamara's word v the other guys. No other court in the world would have found him guilty. 

But he's not been found guilty in a court has he? It was a UEFA investigation and the burden of proof would just be balance of probability, and they found Kamara's version to be more credible.

The guy covered his mouth before he spoke, that coupled with Kamara's reaction suggests it was more than just a wee curly word that was whispered in his shell-like.

Edited by Beni

Glamorgan Jambo

Remember this was an interview in a Czech publication with translation by the Daily Record.

Did the guy say it - probably yes

Did he deserve punished - yes

Were Rangers complete hypocrites with how they reacted given what’s heard every single week at Ibrox - 100%

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The club thought he was wrong to air his views too, hence the fine.

It wasn't a good look for Hearts and he is paid to represent us in a positive light as well as play for us on the pitch.

I'd reckon most of us would be reprimanded if we spoke out publicly something out employer didn't like.

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

From an HR point of view it has nothing to do with the rights and wrong of the incident, it is to do with whether Zlamal was in breach of Hearts' policies. Saying in a media engagement that racism was good for Rangers will have been a breach of those policies. Lots of us accept as part of our conditions of employment that we won't be able to speak in the media about our industry in a way that is at odds with our employer's policies. Zlamal can hold the view. He can express it in the pub with his mates. He can't say it in the media while employed by Hearts.

When you put it like that 👍

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Take your own advice

No ****ing way. Abuse from the stands never justifies any sort of racist response, and I highly, highly doubt that Zlamal shares the opinion that you alluded to in your post. 

Bobby should know that if a The Rangers player says he was racially abused at Ibroke then he was racially abused at Ibroke, end of story case closed.