Leigh gets upset

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely the SFA can still punish him retrospectively for breaking football “law” while the real law goes about its business. 

You get a yellow for “shushing” the fans after scoring and this is surely worthy of a red. 

They certainly can, maybe they are waiting for the law to run its course before deciding on a punishment.

If he is found guilty of a criminal offence, then I'd expect the SFA punishment to be harsher than if he wasn't taken to court, or taken to court but found not guilty of a criminal offence. 

Even if the court decides he's not guilty of a criminal offence, that doesn't preclude the SFA from sanctioning him for breaching SFA rules.

Cantona was banned for 8 months? (can't remember exactly) for kicking an opposing fan.  I'd say kicking a flare into the crowd has potentially far worse consequences than kicking an individual fan.  However, I doubt LG will face anything like that sort of sanction from the SFA.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambo 4 Ever

• niblick1874

• Bazzas right boot

13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Skip to the Lou...

He steals lucozade

Texts girls underage

Kicks flares in a rage 

No-one likes Leigh Griffiths

Too harsh???

😂

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

He looks like a thumb

He looks like a thuuuuuuumb

Leigh Griffiths

He looks like a thumb

19 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Skip to the Lou...

He steals lucozade

Texts girls underage

Kicks flares in a rage 

Too harsh???

Shite Jimmy Saville, 

You're just a Shite Jimmy Saville

Etc etc

12 hours ago, leginten said:

Apparently the media didn’t know either and must all have been in contempt of court. No sign of the “apparently” or “allegedly” you insist must be used.

Wondering who the idiot is.

Nice shifting of the goalposts, though.

No shifting of any goalposts just what has to happen in general 

BBC or anyone else cannot state Griffiths did something that he has been charged with until it has gone to court 

It really is that simple

8 minutes ago, john thomas said:

No shifting of any goalposts just what has to happen in general 

BBC or anyone else cannot state Griffiths did something that he has been charged with until it has gone to court 

It really is that simple

You’re all over the place. Your original intervention in this thread was to rubbish my querying of the word “apparently” in relation to the reporting of the Griffiths incident. It has already been pointed out to you in Saint Jambo’s post - which you didn’t reply to, for the very good reason that he completely dismantled your “argument”, such as it was - that the word was completely redundant in the report as Griffiths has already admitted he kicked the flare.

So now your insistence that “apparently” should be used in reporting pre-trial incidents - even though numerous examples have been posted where this is not the case - has been changed to “media outlets should word things carefully”. No shit, Sherlock. That’s about as meaningful as saying that media outlets should spell correctly. 

17 minutes ago, leginten said:

You’re all over the place. Your original intervention in this thread was to rubbish my querying of the word “apparently” in relation to the reporting of the Griffiths incident. It has already been pointed out to you in Saint Jambo’s post - which you didn’t reply to, for the very good reason that he completely dismantled your “argument”, such as it was - that the word was completely redundant in the report as Griffiths has already admitted he kicked the flare.

So now your insistence that “apparently” should be used in reporting pre-trial incidents - even though numerous examples have been posted where this is not the case - has been changed to “media outlets should word things carefully”. No shit, Sherlock. That’s about as meaningful as saying that media outlets should spell correctly. 

Think they said appearing to ?

As far as I was aware there are/were strict rules about this . Obviously wrong in this particular case . Most certainly didn't change words to move goal posts 

I may well be all over the place in that , possibly on another thread (?) ,  it was being alleged (!) that BBC changed wording because it was about Hearts . This paranoid stuff is idiotic and shows is in a bad light . Apologies for possibly conflating 2 threads 

This is also in answer to Saint Jambo who would have got a similar answer when I had time 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Griffiths definitely kicked that flare into the crowd. 

It's more about whether he meant to. 

A professional football player who is accurate enough on most occasions to take set pieces with pin point accuracy and power but only meant to kick the flare just off the pitch. Sure he even used his good foot.
He knew exactly what he was doing and everyone knows it. If he didnt still have ties to Celtic he would have been banned the day after.

Rangers fans have set the record at 38 mins. Big hopes that we'll get him subbed off before the half hour 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

You know what you are,

You know what you aaaaare,

Leigh Griffiths,

You know what you are

Or

Leigh, Leigh super Leigh

Leigh, Leigh super Leigh

Leigh, Leigh super Leigh 

Super Leigh's a p**do

Or

Griffiths.... was textin

Griffiths.... was textin

P**dooooo,P**dooooo

Edited by Longbaws

7 hours ago, jackal said:

A professional football player who is accurate enough on most occasions to take set pieces with pin point accuracy and power but only meant to kick the flare just off the pitch. Sure he even used his good foot.
He knew exactly what he was doing and everyone knows it. If he didnt still have ties to Celtic he would have been banned the day after.

Remember when Fergie kicked a boot in the dressing room straight into Beckham's puss.  It was the beginning of the end of the relationship.

When asked later if he meant it he replied that if he was that accurate he'd still be playing.

jambogirlglasgow
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Griffiths definitely kicked that flare into the crowd. 

It's more about whether he meant to. 

It’s really not. It would have been if he’d been charged with assault, which is why he wasn’t. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has the police investigation into this average hibs supporter finished yet?

Can I start getting my hopes up about him being stuck inside Tynie, with 19,000 double vaccinated Jambos giving him it tight?

5 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Can I start getting my hopes up about him being stuck inside Tynie, with 19,000 double vaccinated Jambos giving him it tight?

SFA disciplinary will definitely be after the Hearts game.

As long as he's fit he'll be at Tynecastle.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

:robboyas:

On 09/10/2021 at 00:09, Der Kaiser said:

Skip to the Lou...

He steals lucozade

Texts girls underage

Kicks flares in a rage 

Too harsh???

Would change that last line, from "No-one likes Leigh Griffiths" to "Sex-offender Griffiths" 😄

He is deserving of abuse given what he sang against Rudi if nothing else. An absolute weapon. Racist as well as whatever else.

however I want us all to give it tight against that corrupt roaster Nelms. A hammering and 90 mins of dogs abuse to him and lost emails is what I really want . Never forget. Strangely it’s probably put us where we are today perversely. 

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He is deserving of abuse given what he sang against Rudi if nothing else. 

Wasn't that Riorden?

They're both typical vermin I guess.

jambo-in-furness
4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Wasn't that Riorden?

the thumb was caught on phone cam “at it” in the Roseburn bar.

Just now, jambo-in-furness said:

the thumb was caught on phone cam “at it” in the Roseburn bar.

Same song?

Not surprising really.

Vermin really do live up to their reputation.

2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Shamelessly posted on another thread.but worth posting again.

0DF3F9E4-630B-43B7-B3AF-7FAB0EAA0012.jpeg

That is so funny mate i laughed like ferk at that 

lost in space
4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Wasn't that Riorden?

Pretty sure it was Griffiths - allegedly of course.  The bar staff were interviewed about it a few days later.. Dancing on a table in the Roseburn Bar - singing "Rudi Scacel is a f....in refugee".

I think he was a celtic player at the time.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Pretty sure it was Griffiths - allegedly of course.  The bar staff were interviewed about it a few days later.. Dancing on a table in the Roseburn Bar - singing "Rudi Scacel is a f....in refugee".

Hopefully the home support are loud and clear when they remind him what he is. 👌

lost in space
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Hopefully the home support are loud and clear when they remind him what he is. 👌

Difficult though to choose from such a variety of reported despicable behaviour.

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Nothing surer 👍🇱🇻👍

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

And this is why he should get it absolutely tight in the farter.  Racist abuse (against a legend no less).  Dug shite  

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

And this is why he should get it absolutely tight in the farter.  Racist abuse (against a legend no less).  Dug shite  

That about sums it up for me

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Riordan was filmed singing it too, and was forced to apologise.

It's hard to believe there's more than one racist Hibs scumbag, but here we are. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Beni said:

It's hard to believe there's more than one racist Hibs scumbag, but here we are. 

I have discussed Riorden and Griffiths with some hobo pals. They have never defended Riorden but say Griffiths is just a daftie.  That was before the latest reported information about a 15 year old girl though.

21 minutes ago, Beni said:

That just sums them up.

They really are the dregs of humanity. 

On 09/10/2021 at 08:27, No Idle Talk said:

He looks like a thumb

He looks like a thuuuuuuumb

Leigh Griffiths

He looks like a thumb

It's a really great chant! Kudos to whoever came up with that.

I'm sure all the jambos will give thumb it tight for 90 mins on Saturday, just remember to give there snakey jakey manager some of that abuse too.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

So that's a no then!

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He is deserving of abuse given what he sang against Rudi if nothing else. An absolute weapon. Racist as well as whatever else.

however I want us all to give it tight against that corrupt roaster Nelms. A hammering and 90 mins of dogs abuse to him and lost emails is what I really want . Never forget. Strangely it’s probably put us where we are today perversely. 

To the tune of Where's your mamma gone (one for the older readers)

Where's your email gone, where's your email gone? 

On 09/10/2021 at 14:45, jackal said:

Oooooooooo

2 hours ago, daavojaay said:

If he didnt still have ties to Celtic he would have been banned the day after.

Nah. Technically he is a Celtic player but they have had enough of the welt. He will never play for them again. He signed a one year contract this summer. Contract up at end of year. Free transfer coming up. The Hibs will scoop him for next year. 

16 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Good point, remember when Goodwillie appeared against us.

Got the beast treatment non-stop and definitely affected him, missing a late penalty also.

Give Griffiths it majorly tight.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Good point, remember when Goodwillie appeared against us.

Got the beast treatment non-stop and definitely affected him, missing a late penalty also.

Give Griffiths it majorly tight.

I bet he is gutted that his suspension doesn't cover this game.   

Hearts fans won't let us down of he does play...

Skip to the Lou...

He steals lucozade

Texts girls underage

Kicks flares in a rage 

Too harsh???

Everyone else now needs to stop trying to make new songs, they're never topping this :lol:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Everyone else now needs to stop trying to make new songs, they're never topping this :lol:

giphy.gif.35d1ab0a9bf4af623d8b2f91f777ec83.gif

lost in space

The verbals that he is going to get on Saturday has set up a unique experience for me -

I am actually looking forward to seeing Leigh Griffiths.

Never thought that would ever happen.

Carl Fredrickson

I would like Scott Wilson to play any of the following tunes on Saturday

The Kids Are Alright by The Who

Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd

Don't Stand So Close To Me - by the Police

Young Girl - Gary Puckett

My Sharona - The Knack

Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction

Shoplifters of the World Unite - The Smiths

Ainsley Harriott

Please please please can we ensure this jackey, sub human, nonce is reduced to tears come 5pm on saturday. 

Skip to the Lou...

He steals lucozade

Texts girls underage

Kicks flares in a rage 

Too harsh???

That's a belter. Simple, repeatable, funny and even family friendly 🤣 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully we all act in a dignified way, think of his children and his mental health and remind ourselves that everyone is inoccent until proven guilty. 

:leveinproblem:

• davemclaren locked this topic