Leigh gets upset

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I'm actually watching Dirty Harry. I couldn't help but read your post in the do you feel lucky punk voice!

Haha i did similar

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambo 4 Ever

• niblick1874

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Technically is it not xenophobia, I hate it when they two get mixed up?

😭😭

I've sung racist songs in the past when I was younger, Edinburgh is wonderful was a particular favourite of mine and our whole support used to call another support gay for the banter, like it was funny or wrong to be gay. 

I sang those songs. 

Maybe you never ever done or heard this ( but thousands of us  did) and I don't particularly like Griffiths but is is interesting to see where some folks line is.

Ive also stolen sweets.... 😭😭

Was that not just a celebration , like pre pride pride? 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs, it was sang right up to the 2010's regularly. 

I heard folk sing it on their way v Celtic at Murray field 3/4 year ago as well. 

The 80's the last time it was sung... C'mon tae ****. 

The gay song was also recent. Sang by tens of thousands. 

Aye, I've stolen sweets. 😭

By your logic it's OK to sing shite  like that  but not  if you're a player. Makes no sense to me that. 

Players aren't infallible humans, some are strong, some are flawed, some very flawed. 

He's an arsehole imo but if the Kids stuff isn't true ( iirc it was thrown out), then he's done very little from most on here have done in the past when they were in their 20's or even still do... 

Sang daft songs, drunk in a pub, gambled like a dickhead and taken part in petty theft. 

Most folk have done this kind of shite, the difference is he's a "professional" player and thrown away a career most would sell their granny for. 

What the actual Fek are you on about ?  Tell me where I said it was ok to sing that ????  Griffiths sang it about Rudi in a pub with Hibs fans while playing for Celtic. It’s racist.  Do…you…understand….my…..point….?

i heard a lot of shite being sung going to murrayfield that day. I didn’t hear a player sing it in a pub though. 

I have no idea what your point is but I’ll tell you this. Don’t ever say to me that I think it’s ok to sing shite like that. Ever.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

What the actual Fek are you on about ?  Tell me where I said it was ok to sing that ????  Griffiths sang it about Rudi in a pub with Hibs fans while playing for Celtic. It’s racist.  Do…you…understand….my…..point….?

i heard a lot of shite being sung going to murrayfield that day. I didn’t hear a player sing it in a pub though. 

I have no idea what your point is but I’ll tell you this. Don’t ever say to me that I think it’s ok to sing shite like that. Ever.

It's not OK, but we've all done it yet are taking the morale high ground and berating someone who has done the exact same as you yourself have done and many on here still do. 

Maybe he'll look back in 30 years and think " oh naw" like you did about some of the behaviour in the 80's, maybe he'll not and still be a teapot. 

Being a player doesn't make them superhuman or infallible, that was my point they are humans, some very flawed ones the only difference is they play football for a living. 

It's not a difficult point I'm making. 

Irony I think it's called. 

You need just to look at the Sean Clare thread for the empathy and different opinions on the mental health subject shown compared to this one, even the one about the daft we rangers fan as well. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Was that not just a celebration , like pre pride pride? 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

Naw, it was smarties.... 

Visionaries. 

HMFC support-pioneers of diversity and celebrating Lgbt. 

I think you are correct, I take my comments back. 

The Edinburgh song was more a celebration of Edinburghs diversity as well. 😳

How could I have missed that! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs, it was sang right up to the 2010's regularly. 

I heard folk sing it on their way v Celtic at Murray field 3/4 year ago as well. 

The 80's the last time it was sung... C'mon tae ****. 

The gay song was also recent. Sang by tens of thousands. 

Aye, I've stolen sweets. 😭

By your logic it's OK to sing shite  like that  but not  if you're a player. Makes no sense to me that. 

Players aren't infallible humans, some are strong, some are flawed, some very flawed. 

He's an arsehole imo but if the Kids stuff isn't true ( iirc it was thrown out), then he's done very little from most on here have done in the past when they were in their 20's or even still do... 

Sang daft songs, drunk in a pub, gambled like a dickhead and taken part in petty theft. 

Most folk have done this kind of shite, the difference is he's a "professional" player and thrown away a career most would sell their granny for. 

he's has been caught a few times now re racial abuse, it's not just silly songs. have you forgotten the 15 year old he messaged asking for dirty pictures? don't think most people have done that kind of shite

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

he's has been caught a few times now re racial abuse, it's not just silly songs. have you forgotten the 15 year old he messaged asking for dirty pictures? don't think most people have done that kind of shite

Yeah, but as above I don't really discuss that stuff and I definitely wouldn't sings songs about children or abuse. 

I also  thought that was thrown out? 

Outwith the fact there is a victim in these kind of things Hearts have employed guys like Rix and Thompson. 

Not a point scoring excerise when it comes to this stuff imo. 

The Celtic boys club song is another that I have heard sung by our fans, not for me. 

Each to their own tho. 

I don't think he's a nice guy and I think he's a waster and an arse, it's just interesting where folk draw the line on the  abuse of another person, for whatever reason. 

It's also interesting that in a day of mental health awareness 

Grown men are actively planning to abuse and Insult another person. 

Folk can do as they wish, I don't care he's not a person I know or care enough about to defend Tbh. 

I remember that rangers fan mentioned to Scott brown about his sisters death, people can be horrible, all over a game imo. 

It's just interesting to see where people's boundaries are. 

For me, guys like  Lennon and Griffiths could  easily take their own life in the future as imo they need help and taken out of the public view. 

Their personalities are flawed, like lots of people but they are in the public domain while most aren't. 

But because they are hibs and celtic twats it's ok to go to town on them. 

It's a strange world! 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, but as above I don't really discuss that stuff and I definitely wouldn't sings songs about children or abuse. 

I also  thought that was thrown out? 

Outwith the fact there is a victim in these kind of things Hearts have employed guys like Rix and Thompson. 

Not a point scoring excerise when it comes to this stuff imo. 

The Celtic boys club song is another that I have heard sung by our fans, not for me. 

Each to their own tho. 

I don't think he's a nice guy and I think he's a waster and an arse, it's just interesting where folk draw the line on the  abuse of another person, for whatever reason. 

It's also interesting that in a day of mental health awareness 

Grown men are actively planning to abuse and Insult another person. 

Folk can do as they wish, I don't care he's not a person I know or care enough about to defend Tbh. 

I remember that rangers fan mentioned to Scott brown about his sisters death, people can be horrible, all over a game imo. 

It's just interesting to see where people's boundaries are. 

For me, guys like  Lennon and Griffiths could  easily take their own life in the future as imo they need help and taken out of the public view. 

Their personalities are flawed, like lots of people but they are in the public domain while most aren't. 

But because they are hibs and celtic twats it's ok to go to town on them. 

It's a strange world! 

I do agree with you I people can be genuinely horrible and don't know were the line is crossed. in my earlier point I was just trying to emphasise that some things he's done most people probably haven't done. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

I do agree with you I people can be genuinely horrible and don't know were the line is crossed. in my earlier point I was just trying to emphasise that some things he's done most people probably haven't done. 

Maybe. 

But I've sung racist and bigoted songs. 

I've gambled, I've drunk in a bar and been an arse. 

I've been arrested for being a piss head and I've stolen sweets. 

Generally all before I was 20 tho.... 

I'd wager  most have done that, most will have broken the law at the very least. 

I've never kicked a flare at a crowd, but then again I've not had one thrown at me. 

To my knowledge he's not on any  child abuse list or been found guilty of breaking the law in regards to children. 

I could be wrong tho, maybe he is on the list? 

He's also  been in rehab for drugs/ gambling, many on here have been through that so they'll understand what it can do to your life and thinking process. 

Fans will be fans tho, I'm sure other fans will take delight in future Hearts players off the field issues, so we should do it back to them. 

It's all just banter after all, more so if the guy is celtic/ hibs and a dick. 

The Bannon Flick

As a player who enjoys scoring against us and winding Hearts fans up, I'm more than happy for folk to boo Griffith's every touch on Saturday - would actively encourage it even.

Not so comfortable with some of the songs though - particularly with regards to the headlines around some of his off field behaviour of late. It's not really something I want to have to try and explain to my kids at the match when they ask - what's that they are singing ?

Adults taking delight and singing songs about that kind of stuff is just weird.

Edited by The Bannon Flick

3 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

As a player who enjoys scoring against us and winding Hearts fans up, I'm more than happy for folk to boo Griffith's every touch on Saturday - would actively encourage it even.

Not so comfortable with some of the songs though - particularly with regards to the headlines around some of his off field behaviour of late. It's not really something I want to have to try and explain to my kids at the match when they ask - what's that they are singing ?

Sadly there are some very weird supposed grown men in our support …as seen from this thread too 

Bazzas right boot

Dundee are a team of eejits and thugs tho. 

Ankle tag Mcginn

Nae teeth Charlie 

Chandilier swinging cumdog 

King of twats Griffiths. 

Jakey McPake leading the pack 

It's like the Avengers assemble but in reverse. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

More than happy for folk to boo Griffith's every touch on Saturday - would actively encourage it even.

Yip. 

Think some people are getting awfully excited at the thought of getting stuck into him. 

Fair enough, but don’t come crying on here when he boots a flair back in your faces. 

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Technically is it not xenophobia, I hate it when they two get mixed up?

😭😭

I've sung racist songs in the past when I was younger, Edinburgh is wonderful was a particular favourite of mine and our whole support used to call another support gay for the banter, like it was funny or wrong to be gay. 

I sang those songs. 

Maybe you never ever done or heard this ( but thousands of us  did) and I don't particularly like Griffiths but is is interesting to see where some folks line is.

Ive also stolen sweets.... 😭😭

Think the racism stems from arguing with someone on social media telling them to ‘**** off back to your own country ya clown’

Again, maybe not proof or racism. But proof of being an absolute cock end of the highest order. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, DS98 said:

Think the racism stems from arguing with someone on social media telling them to ‘**** off back to your own country ya clown’

Again, maybe not proof or racism. But proof of being an absolute cock end of the highest order. 

Agreed. 

Still annoys me tho.

Can't I hate someone from another country who is akso white without be a racist now! 

Can one not hate black or white folk equally. 🤣

The worlds gone mad. 

I'll need to hate them for a more imaginative reason now. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think some people are getting awfully excited at the thought of getting stuck into him. 

Fair enough, but don’t come crying on here when he boots a flair back in your faces. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Best post on here. 

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They would actually deserve it if they abuse him to be honest 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Dunno if folk deserve a flare in the face for shouting at a player. 

Booooo.... 

Thump, face exploded. 

Bit ott. 😜

I do want more players to go all Eric Cantona tho. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Booooo.... 

Thump, face exploded. 

Bit ott. 😜

55 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bellbottom Blues…

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Booooo.... 

Thump, face exploded. 

Bit ott. 😜

If someone verbally abused you and they knew you had mental health issues - would you not react?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If someone verbally abused you and they knew you had mental health issues - would you not react?

I dunno, I don't have any mental health issues. 

But being a bit of a knob, I'd probably react. 

But also, I'm not a professional football player. 

To counter tho. 

Police get called lots of things as do nhs staff, but as they are professionals, they do not react emotionally. 

If they did, they'd be looking for different careers. 

As I said it takes a certain character to do certain  jobs and emotionally handle the responsibilities that come with it. 

Technical skill is often not enough. 

For example, Being a great nurse is no good if a drunk calls you a ***** and you batter the shite out of him. 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bellbottom Blues…

I've been waiting on them to come back into fashion...got a couple of pairs in the cupboard  😁

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I've been waiting on them to come back into fashion...got a couple of pairs in the cupboard  😁

Happy the man whose waistline would permit him to even think about getting into a pair of his old bellbottoms after all this time.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dundee are a team of eejits and thugs tho. 

Ankle tag Mcginn

Nae teeth Charlie 

Chandilier swinging cumdog 

King of twats Griffiths. 

Jakey McPake leading the pack 

It's like the Avengers assemble but in reverse. 

McGowan, they don’t have any of the inbred McGinns, I think 🤔😂.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

👍

I knew that was wrong but couldn't be arsed checking it. 🤣

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I remember that song . It was in the 80’s sung by us in the shed - I’d like to think that time moved on. He sang it as a SPL player in the 21st century  - in a pub - with Hibs fans.

very different. 
stolen sweets ? Wtf ?

I'm sorry to say I've heard it sung by some of our idiotic 'Young Team' members at away games.

Much to my inner disgust, I confess to singing this and other horrible, horrible tunes in my younger years.   I cringe when I think of what an uneducated, angry buffoon I was at some points in my younger years.

Now I'm just a buffoon, but one who will NEVER say or think those same hateful, racist and hurtful phrases again, far less sing the bloody things.  

22 minutes ago, leginten said:

Happy the man whose waistline would permit him to even think about getting into a pair of his old bellbottoms after all this time.

Haha yeah, that might be a problem. 😐

27 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yes, wouldn’t get into my loon pants now.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scavengers Assemble?

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Sadly there are some very weird supposed grown men in our support …as seen from this thread too 

Again saying abuse is wrong while dishing out abuse. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Best post iv ever read from you i think 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Jesus H Christ….What the actual **** kind of take is that 😑

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No , You need to seperate mental health issues and being a *****. People who rip into Scott Brown about his sister thats emotive that may provoke a reaction. That is vile. Calling out Griffiths for his behaviour is not even close to the same thing. How many people have a different opinion to you on this thread yet don’t call you names. You have called people all sorts of names. Are they now hunting you down because “mental health” NO , yet some of those you are “attacking” will have mental health problems. Mental Health problems do not make you a ***** , being a ***** makes you a *****. Its awful that you perpetrate them as the same thing or one being an excuse for the other. Go and educate yourself properly on it instead of trolling everyone with your faux outrage , offensive opinion , abuse and sadly your ignorance on the subject.

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you mean would he react or would he not react?

59 minutes ago, sadj said:

No , You need to seperate mental health issues and being a *****. People who rip into Scott Brown about his sister thats emotive that may provoke a reaction. That is vile. Calling out Griffiths for his behaviour is not even close to the same thing. How many people have a different opinion to you on this thread yet don’t call you names. You have called people all sorts of names. Are they now hunting you down because “mental health” NO , yet some of those you are “attacking” will have mental health problems. Mental Health problems do not make you a ***** , being a ***** makes you a *****. Its awful that you perpetrate them as the same thing or one being an excuse for the other. Go and educate yourself properly on it instead of trolling everyone with your faux outrage , offensive opinion , abuse and sadly your ignorance on the subject.

👏 👏 👏 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I’m saying why do supposed grown men want to or feel the need to hurl abuse at someone for what they have allegedly done.  The guy clearly had mental health issues and there is no excuse for vile abuse towards him.  Not defending him but also saying abusing someone with mental health issues is not ok on any level.

you also have to think of the children in the stands tomorrow - they may start asking why people are singing and shouting about “pedo”s etc - what good does that do?!

Stop children going to the football in case they here naughty words or songs

Aye, even stop them going to schools as some of the stuff they might here could be detrimental

Edited by Drew Wallace

I don't think Griffiths should be playing tomorrow. I don't really understand why the SFA need to wait until after the court case to ban him for kicking the flare into the stand. Let the courts decide whether his behaviour was reckless or not but he isn't denying he kicked it or that it ended up in the stand. That should be enough in itself to hand out a long footballing ban.

If the SFA had taken his other footballing offences seriously, like singing racist songs about a fellow professional he should probably have been thrown out the game by this point.

15 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I don't think Griffiths should be playing tomorrow. I don't really understand why the SFA need to wait until after the court case to ban him for kicking the flare into the stand. Let the courts decide whether his behaviour was reckless or not but he isn't denying he kicked it or that it ended up in the stand. That should be enough in itself to hand out a long footballing ban.

If the SFA had taken his other footballing offences seriously, like singing racist songs about a fellow professional he should probably have been thrown out the game by this point.

I hope he doesn’t play tomorrow 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

I knew that was wrong but couldn't be arsed checking it. 🤣

Took me a few minutes to think of what other inbred weegie it was 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Well said, some of us take abuse on a week basis in the real world and may well react verbally but not physically, and don’t get £10k a week for our troubles. 

been here before

Anyone else mind being at Ibrox in 1990whatever it was and the abuse Gough took at certain rumours doing the rounds?

It was back when we would get, and fill, the whole of the bottom of the Broomloan stand so a fair few thousand of us. Gough slides in for the ball feet first into the net where his studs get caught right infront of us. Then it started en masse "Richard Gough child molester" over and over, louder and louder. The more he struggled to get his studs free the more he got tangled, the louder it got.

Probably only lasted a minute (if that) but its one of those chants thats stuck with me all those years.

Not big, not clever and I cant even remember what the rumour was, or even if I ever knew. 

Edited by been here before

47 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m saying why do supposed grown men want to or feel the need to hurl abuse at someone for what they have allegedly done.  The guy clearly had mental health issues and there is no excuse for vile abuse towards him.  Not defending him but also saying abusing someone with mental health issues is not ok on any level.

you also have to think of the children in the stands tomorrow - they may start asking why people are singing and shouting about “pedo”s etc - what good does that do?!

Yes and thats on the parent to then decide to explain or not explain. Personally id have no issue explaining. Its no different to walking down the street and people shouting it and then having to explain or not. Should children be protected from all of things difficult?

As for mental health. You DO NOT get what people are saying to you. 

You are defending him. Its the same as someone being racist , “well Im not going to call him out for being racist because its not nice and I don’t want to explain to my children what a racist is” by doing that you are condoning that behaviour trait. 

As I said it educate yourself as you continue to belittle and abuse people whilst pushing your position of don’t abuse someone because they may have mental

health issues. A ***** is a *****. 

Bazzas right boot

As a side note you can be mentally ill but still a *****. 

You can als be able minded and a *****. 

I'm sure all physically and mentally disabled folk aren't all nice folk. 

Just like all old men and auld ladies aren't all nice. 

Some nazis grew auld, just because they got auld and maybe a bit dimentia doesnt make them cute and cuddly. 

It's not a case of either /or. 

Big grey area. 

He could have mental issues regarding addiction, but still be a daft twat who can't control his emotions. 

Kittens are always nice tho. 

Safe bet on that. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

As a side note you can be mentally ill but still a *****. 

You can als be able minded and a *****. 

I'm sure all physically and mentally disabled folk aren't all nice folk. 

Just like all old men and auld ladies aren't all nice. 

Some nazis grew auld, just because they got auld and maybe a bit dimentia doesnt make them cute and cuddly. 

It's not a case of either /or. 

Big grey area. 

He could have mental issues regarding addiction, but still be a daft twat who can't control his emotions. 

Kittens are always nice tho. 

Safe bet on that. 

Kittens are ***** 😉

• davemclaren locked this topic