Leigh gets upset

kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Someone needs to tell Leigh and Dundee there’s video footage… I know they’re a few centuries behind in the city of discover it’s shite and leave but that defence is as leaky as Pat stantons breeks!

I’ll bet Dundee put the statement together for him. 
He isn’t bright enough for that. 

They will already know that there will be footage as much as they will desperately be putting a spin on it and trying to ignore it 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambo 4 Ever

• niblick1874

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I’ll bet Dundee put the statement together for him. 
He isn’t bright enough for that. 

They will already know that there will be footage as much as they will desperately be putting a spin on it and trying to ignore it 

And with that statement they’re clearly not much brighter than him.

been here before
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thrown onto pitch no where near anyone. 

Thrown into crowd of hundreds of people packed closely together. 

You do know it was the St Johnstone away support?

:lol:

52 minutes ago, been here before said:

You do know it was the St Johnstone away support?

:lol:

They were herded not packed regardless of the numbers. 😎

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The children behind the goal think it's fun to throw the flare but how dare anyone try to return it......bleating like sheep in a field.

The village idiots from Perth were out in force and some got the response they wanted

****ing Jesus 👀 Worst attempt by you in a long time. Assume you do the statements for Dundee FC 😒

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Still not correct on both parties' accounts.

If the Fermer gets identified lobbing it, then they should get felt. Rightly. Griffiths' reaction was unprofessional & potentially even more dangerous to someone in the crowd. Whether or not the (and I can't believe I'm typing this about St. Johnstone) "Ultra" crew ( :lol: ) were responsible. 

Dundee's "statement" is just laughable in the extreme. I'd be embarrassed if Hearts tried to defend that.

This…

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

An awful lot of plurals there when it was one person who threw it onto the pitch, what Griffith's did was way more likely to cause injury. Nobody has condoned either act, well until you did anyway.

This….

How many of you have kicked something in your life? Ill say all , you don’t have to be a professional kicker of things to know that “trying to remove it from the pitch” doesnt require a fair blooter. If that was his intention hes more than capable of chipping it behind the goals. He knew exactly what he was doing and he along with whomwever threw it in the first place should be prosecuted. Griffiths is new levels of dumb as **** and Dundees statement is a disgrace. 

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's also encouraging fans to throw flares at him

That was a nice blue colour.

20210923_100623.jpg

BMW Imola Blue I think. 

That Griffiths statement is like Eric Cantona trying to say he just wanted to show the guy in the front row at Selhurst Park his nice new boots! He knew fine well what he was doing.

The SFA should be coming down hard on him, but this is Scottish football so they won't. 

1 minute ago, Mister T said:

BMW Imola Blue I think. 

Rangers fans buying it up for Saturday as we speak. 

Edited by Mikey1874

He should be looking at a reasonable length of ban for that, and he's not renowned for staying in top shape when he's not playing so this could have a serious knock on for the rest of the season.

It would be a shame if Celtic's "We'll see you alright" loan for the spam folder vote turns out to be an...erm...damp squib.

4 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Had a hit with Been Caught Stealing did they not?  Hibs class!

Well, yknow

When you want something and you don't want to pay for it

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Could have flicked it with his boot over the byline like any normal person would have done. Not booted it full pelt about 10 rows high into the stand.

Aye exactly , the statement was a major cop out. I little flick it would have gone behind the goals out the road. He knew what he was doing

jambo-in-furness

I thought the polis had investigated the thumbs alleged transgressions re the schoolgirl and arrived at “ insufficient evidence”. 

a well!

no smoke I suspect.

I wonder what action the ref would have been expected to take had he 'seen' it? Looking at the match report on the BBC there isn't even a mention of the incident...

Reporting Scotland just said Griffiths “appeared” to kick the flare into the crowd. Curious use of language. Maybe St Johnstone only “appeared” to score two goals.

Good old BBC. No doubt ra Sellick’s PR machine has got to them already.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Reporting Scotland just said Griffiths “appeared” to kick the flare into the crowd. Curious use of language. Maybe St Johnstone only “appeared” to score two goals.

Just in case it actually goes to court I imagine. 

PYRO PROBE - POLICE have launched an investigation after Dundee star Leigh Griffiths kicked a smoke bomb which had been thrown onto the playing surface back into the crowd.

Griffiths, who was abused constantly by the visiting fans during the 2-0 defeat, is almost certainly going to be hauled before the Hampden beaks.

surely griffiths must have a police loyalty card with the amount of times he’s been speaking to them 😎😎

Leigh Griffiths smoke bomb latest as police investigate after Dundee’s on-loan Celtic star kicked firework into fans

30 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I wonder what action the ref would have been expected to take had he 'seen' it? Looking at the match report on the BBC there isn't even a mention of the incident...

I spoke to a (not top level) referee today who said he wasn't sure and that he'd probably have booked him. There are examples of players being sent off for similar. Keeper sent off for throwing a bottle into the crowd.

The litmus test for intent................ would he have kicked a flare with such gusto into a travelling cellic support ?

20 minutes ago, leginten said:

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just in case it actually goes to court I imagine. 

I noticed that in their online report this morning. It is a weird way of wording it. I remember they did the same when reporting that footage 'appeared' to show Zlamal being hit by a fan during a derby, while reporting from the same game that Lennon was hit by a coin. I had a look at that time and it isn't something they consistently do either for incidents at football matches or whenever a crime occurs. They don't say a bank 'appears' to have been robbed or a gunshot victim was 'allegedly' killed.  In this case not only is there video evidence showing him kick it, Dundee have also released a statement confirming it.

Edited by Saint Jambo

I think that's their only chant. They once spent most of the game chanting it at Tynecastle and then chanted it for most of the following match in Perth. 

Personally I hope it scudded one of the ***** in the face. 

So what'll happen, the erseholes in our support, and there are a few of them, will throw on on these things, hoping hoping for the same reaction. Folks that see these these things should be grabbing the f u c k e r s by the collar and handing them over. 

The original ersehole seems lost in this thread.

That ex hibee, what a f u c k i n' waste of oxygen

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sportsound backing Griffiths 🤣

obviously.  

The BBC is absolutely stinking with Celtic ***** 

Not to dissimilar to this ancient incident although Carragher was sent off for "removing an object from the field" and a subsequent three match ban, he did not face misconduct charges from the FA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1785757.stm

Worth a rewatch of the Carragher stuff btw clearly lost control of himself but dealt with by the referee at the time.

I'd think the SFA surely have a similar rule regarding throwing things at supporters and would expect a ban, which could help things die down for the cretin. Embarrassing behaviour unsurprisingly by an embarrassment. 

Bored is the usual excuse for these...

Young girl get out of the way.

Here he comes and his first name is leigh.

Pretty young girl

you better run girl.

Apologise offerd straight away.  

15 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Was their fans down the front?

Their end looked packed. But I think the bottom few rows were empty.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Their end looked packed. But I think the bottom few rows were empty.

That's what they will claim then. 

21 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Leigh said of the incident “it was regrettable that the pyrotechnic ended up back in the stand as the intention was to remove it from the pitch”

Aye, right then 😎

Dundee PR : "one more time Leigh"

LG : "it wuz regretsumfin , wtf is that pyrothing?"

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Dundee PR : "one more time Leigh"

LG : "it wuz regretsumfin , wtf is that pyrothing?"

Off course he knew what pyrotechnics meant.  Couldn't spell it never mind pronounce it.  

Says in the paper he is looking at a 5 game ban.  That should also include a ban on social media while serving it.  Look what happens when he has 'time' on his hands.  

The SFA shouldn't need to wait for the Police action to issue a ban. The Sun are saying 5 match ban. 

Though a delay so he can play at Tynecastle would be good.

Edited by Mikey1874

No more space under that big carpet in Parkhead it seems.

I'll be gutted if he misses trips to Tynie, Ibrox, Tannadice and the farm.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Glad to hear it. It's about time the idiots who throw them in the first place get the same treatment. It can't be beyond the bounds of possibility to pick them out with all the hi res CCTV that clubs have nowadays.  

14 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Glad to hear it. It's about time the idiots who throw them in the first place get the same treatment. It can't be beyond the bounds of possibility to pick them out with all the hi res CCTV that clubs have nowadays.  

Completely different issue. Saw someone yesterday say its not fair on Griffiths the person who threw it should be charged for inciting a situation 😑 

Pleasantly surprised that police Scotland have chosen to act, though given the footage how could they not? He might end up as the poster boy for a firework safety campaign yet...

Perhaps they can also deal with the toe rag that chucked it too?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The SFA shouldn't need to wait for the Police action to issue a ban. The Sun are saying 5 match ban. 

Though a delay so he can play at Tynecastle would be good.

Why the xxxx would you want him to play at Tynecastle you should think before you type.

13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why the xxxx would you want him to play at Tynecastle you should think before you type.

Bit harsh. Loads of folk would like to give him a warm welcome to Tynie.

If he thought StJ fans were bad, he's heard nothing yet

1 hour ago, Beni said:

You have to give Griffiths some credit, he continually finds new and imaginative ways to **** up his career.

He's really astute at ******* things up. 

• davemclaren locked this topic