• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambo 4 Ever

• niblick1874

• Bazzas right boot

Not a good idea kicking the smoke bomb into a crowd.

Reminds me of the time David Cooper was hit by a coin at Brockville (iirc). He picked it up and, in temper, hurled it back into the terracing and hit a wee boy on the head.

Stevie Kirk's temper tantrum at Tynecastle was probably the worst, though.

Ref stopped play, iirc, whilst he was in possession and instead of just accepting the decision he deliberately booted the ball at speed into the Hearts support.

Caught a wee Jambo square in the face.

B@$+@%d.

Edited by martoon

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonder if he'll receive a polite meeting request from the SFA.

Would assume that he will be portrayed as the victim as opposed to the complete welt that fired a smoke bomb into a crowd of people

That's a little bit serious though.

Could kill someone doing that.

Oh well. At least he'll be back in the news. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Ref stopped play, iirc, whilst he was in possession and instead of just accepting the decision he deliberately booted the ball at speed into the Hearts support.

Caught a wee Jambo square in the face.

B@$+@%d.

Hazy memories but I'm sure it hit a wee girl square in the face. I was in the old family enclosure and could see (presumably) her auld man running along the Wheatfield stand basically chasing Kirk up and down the pitch shouting abuse at him.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I appreciate the certain chants he's being subjected to, and I know there'll be arguments to the contrary saying: "Fan's can chuck flares onto the pitch..." etc, etc.

The reality though, is no, you can't just launch things back into the crowd, despite the abuse. If Griffiths had wanted to, he could've tapped that flare 6 inches off the pitch. He's melted it instead. 

If it hit a child, what next?🤷‍♂️

Im on your side with this , just how I fear it will be portrayed as its oor Poor Wee Leigh and the bad fermers o Perff 

2 minutes ago, Chong said:

Hazy memories but I'm sure it hit a wee girl square in the face. I was in the old family enclosure and could see (presumably) her auld man running along the Wheatfield stand basically chasing Kirk up and down the pitch shouting abuse at him.

Quite right, too.

Don't recall the repercussions for Kirk, if any?

Shameful thing to do.

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Chong said:

Aye it was a wee lass. Broke her glasses I'm sure so could have been really quite serious. She's probably in her 30s now. They were in the paper a couple of days later. Kirk got it tight from us from that day on. 

The man is not right in the head, he should be the main striker that our National team are crying out for. However because he is a grade A bellend he is kicking smoke bombs/ flares in to a crowd while playing for the mighty Dundee!

What a ****ing waste of a talent and a complete erse of a man.

I hope the spfl come down hard on him and that he is not painted as the poor victim.

Bazzas right boot

It's a bit too much, dangerous but I'm all for players in general giving a bit back to the crowd. 

They should be able to give verbals and a bit banter back. 

Too often they get dogs abuse then give a wee chuckle back and they get booked. 

All for a wee cheeky Zal 5-1 or giving it the girfuy to the away support. 

Fans are way to precious now, give dogs abuse but get all precious when they get upset. 

He'll get a big ban tho for that tho, dangerous and ****ing stupid. 

It's almost like he wants to be retired. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874

What a bampot ! Somebody could've been seriously hurt there , hope he gets book thrown at him but i also hope anybody caught bringing them into football grounds get book thrown at them

23 minutes ago, Chong said:

I was in the wheatfield that day and I’m pretty sure it was Stevie Kilgour bolting down the stairs looking for a square go with Kirk

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very irresponsibile actions by the person throwing it on to the pitch and even more so by Griffith’s for booting it back. 

yup

35 minutes ago, martoon said:

Quite right, too.

Don't recall the repercussions for Kirk, if any?

Shameful thing to do.

There might have been years later when he was playing for some hick town amateur team near stirling

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very irresponsibile actions by the person throwing it on to the pitch and even more so by Griffith’s for booting it back. 

yep both st johnstone and griffiths should be facing charges. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My view as well👍

What a waste of a talent that boy is. 

I hope the Police have got video evidence of the clown who chucked the flare in the first place. 

Then both he and LG should get charged. 

Wow, I heard he'd kicked a flare off the pitch hadn't appreciated it was as serious as that. Forget the SFA, that should be a police matter.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

There might have been years later when he was playing for some hick town amateur team near stirling

Do tell.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Do tell.

May have been running the show until he got injured when someone fairly took the ball first and man second

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

May have been running the show until he got injured when someone fairly took the ball first and man second

Good.

Nothing trivial I hope. 👍

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

sounds like a firm but fair tackle

23 minutes ago, Beni said:

He seems to have reacted badly to the chant, I'm sure fans of other clubs will lay off him now they know it upsets him. 

Yip, he’ll be getting that chant every week now, after his suspension for this act of lunacy. At least Dundee can replace him with the equally stupid Jason Cummings I suppose.

23/10 At Tynecastle hoping the passport thing is sorted and we sell tickets hope Tynecastle give him dogs abuse! 

He will end up with a mysterious injury to miss the game.  

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I was sitting near the wee girl that day, remember the girl was taken to hospital for suspected concussion I think,

Kirk was  later arrested and  done in the courts for it, mentioned in this article of players convicted for on field 'bad behaviour''  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jan/18/theknowledge.sport

He did something similar on 19/5/12. There was a second ball on the park and whilst the game was on going he blasted it as hard as he could into the Hearts end. Which is a sending off offence but think it got ignored as they were getting absolute pumped at the time. Wee tit.

He's done well to get it up over the advertising hoarding but it's not got the dip he needs to trouble the supporters.

Early warning sign though about giving away free flares around the box.

3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

He's done well to get it up over the advertising hoarding but it's not got the dip he needs to trouble the supporters.

Early warning sign though about giving away free flares around the box.

Edited by Mikey1874

19 minutes ago, 3_cups said:

I was sitting near the wee girl that day, remember the girl was taken to hospital for suspected concussion I think,

Kirk was  later arrested and  done in the courts for it, mentioned in this article of players convicted for on field 'bad behaviour''  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jan/18/theknowledge.sport

Cheers bud.

"Only putting the ball out of play..."

Aye right.

Face contorted, changed body shape, got into his stride and booted the ball as hard as he could.

Utter scum.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's also encouraging fans to throw flares at him

That was a nice blue colour.

20210923_100623.jpg

I hope that’s not your Freudian Slip showing…😊

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He did something similar on 19/5/12. There was a second ball on the park and whilst the game was on going he blasted it as hard as he could into the Hearts end. Which is a sending off offence but think it got ignored as they were getting absolute pumped at the time. Wee tit.

I think that ball is still travelling  nearly 10 years on .

I remember going back to the bus and was waiting on the fans getting back and seeing a young laddie walking down the road with a match ball under his arm I have always thought that must of been the ball "Sparkie" blootered into the stand .

Griffiths just never thinks long enough to help himself. From the Rudi Skacel song to this incident, a wee bit of brain power would tell him not to get involved. It seems he'll never learn.

Having said that, it would be a bit hypocritical of St Johnstone fans saying someone could have been injured. Whoever threw the smoke bomb onto the pitch in the first place could have injured one of his own. Throwing a very hot item over peoples heads is crazy.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Absolutely this.

Racist.

Thief.

Bit peadoay

Bellend.

Thick as mince.

What else could he be but a Hibby.

Ugly 

Shit Tattoos 

Big Beak 

Ugly Mrs 

Embarrassing back garden LG9 

And a Peeping Tim I meant Tom  taking photos of his next door neighbour 

Smoke bombs are illegal at football grounds, anyone in possession, setting them off or launching them either onto the pitch or at the crowd should be charged by the police and banned from attending games. 

This should apply whether they are a supporter or a player 

• davemclaren locked this topic