Hearts in FIFA 22

PhoenixHearts

The EA Play trial started today and obviously with Hearts back in Fifa I went straight to have a look at the team. 

I noticed that our Away kit is wrong in a couple of ways: 

1. It has a collar where there shouldn't be one.

2. It has the MND sponsor.

Now this is just a trivial thing that nobody should get hung up on but being the stickler over minute kit details that I am... it does bother me and I can't ignore it without at least having a whinge 😅

Does anyone know if this is the kind of thing you can get in touch with EA support about?

Reckon they'll fix it before the full game launch on October 1st?

I can't see us being a massive priority for them but it would definitely help add to the authenticity and imersiveness of the game.

Oh also... our beautiful 3rd kit is nowhere to be found. They've still to add 3rd kits for some big clubs like Atletico and Barca etc but I doubt ours will be included.

Mods feel free to merge if there's already a Fifa 22 thread.

20210923_004705.png

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

The EA Play trial started today and obviously with Hearts back in Fifa I went straight to have a look at the team. 

Now this is just a trivial thing that nobody should get hung up on but being the stickler over minute kit details that I am... it does bother me and I can't ignore it without at least having a whinge 😅

Does anyone know if this is the kind of thing you can get in touch with EA support about?

I can't see us being a massive priority for them but it would definitely help add to the authenticity and imersiveness of the game.

Oh also... our beautiful 3rd kit is nowhere to be found. They've still to add 3rd kits for some big clubs like Atletico and Barca etc but I doubt ours will be included.

20210923_004705.png

Bought it for 200coins on UT earlier , agree its annoying and did wonder if theres a way to get them to sort it myself. The third kit would be awesome to get in it too. 

16 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

20210923_004705.png

With Big Hearts being a local community charity, maybe it's no bad thing if it means wider exposure for MND Scotland and leads to more money for research etc. 

Maybe the authenticity thing is a small price to pay if it helps MND at this crucial time when there's maybe a breakthrough in treatment.  

54 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

With Big Hearts being a local community charity, maybe it's no bad thing if it means wider exposure for MND Scotland and leads to more money for research etc. 

Maybe the authenticity thing is a small price to pay if it helps MND at this crucial time when there's maybe a breakthrough in treatment.  

Yeah I suppose I'd agree with that tbh.

Still though, get that bloody collar off the away kit!

23 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fifas Shit to play (collar is annoying) 

Better with Pro Ev 😎

They certainly are clueless with ratings Gordon is the 10th best keeper in the spfl and Nisbet 71 Boycie 67 rating etc 🤪

27 minutes ago, sadj said:

They certainly are clueless with ratings Gordon is the 10th best keeper in the spfl and Nisbet 71 Boycie 67 rating etc 🤪

Mate - I wouldn’t have a clue - assuming these ratings are from FIFA ? If that’s the case then I am at a loss …. 

Always thought that Pro Ev was a better game and always stuck with that, but always frustrating that it never had the jambo’s - or at least all the club rights that Fifa had! 

Mind you, I am on the wrong side of 40 now  so maybe need to start acting my age and stop playing the bloody thing! 😌

6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Mate - I wouldn’t have a clue - assuming these ratings are from FIFA ? If that’s the case then I am at a loss …. 

Always thought that Pro Ev was a better game and always stuck with that, but always frustrating that it never had the jambo’s - or at least all the club rights that Fifa had! 

Mind you, I am on the wrong side of 40 now  so maybe need to start acting my age and stop playing the bloody thing! 😌

So am I , never stop playing 😉

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

So am I , never stop playing 😉

I always (and still do) wondered if there is an expiry date for this type of thing …. That answers it then 😀

Absolute Scenes

Haven’t given fifa a penny for over ten years because of how lazy the creators are. Spend all the time making sure Harry Kane’s cheekbones are the right height or Messi is the exact height, but then give Jamie Walker a Freddie Mercury tash. It’s a farce of a game. 

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

20210923_004705.png

The top looks better with MND Scotland on it than Always Hearts 

35 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Haven’t given fifa a penny for over ten years because of how lazy the creators are. Spend all the time making sure Harry Kane’s cheekbones are the right height or Messi is the exact height, but then give Jamie Walker a Freddie Mercury tash. It’s a farce of a game. 

Don't see the problem myself...

That said, I'm not buying it this year as the gameplay is awful but I don't mind them getting the big players spot on, in fact I think it adds to the game

images (1).jpeg

10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

20210923_004705.png HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN F.C. 21/22 AWAY JERSEY

It's also the wrong colour pattern.

FIFA is brutal, they just don't give a single shite about any of the teams that aren't in the Champions League every season.

57 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Students 🙄

'Beat a guy who is 7th in the world last night but didn't enjoy it because Boyce's beard was too short'  

FIFA is a joke these days. EA have become greedy and lazy. I was a religious FIFA player from the late 90's right through to about FIFA 15, but my interest has just faded over the years. I've no intention of getting FIFA 22 any time soon.

And it's for lazy little details like the ones in the OP. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but there never seems to be any desire to rectify them unless it's a glaringly obvious mistake at one of the fan boy clubs. I wonder how much research goes into the smaller leagues in FIFA, unlike FM, who has dedicated researchers for leagues and clubs all over the world, and when mistakes are made, they listen to the community and fix them.

Absolute Scenes
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

That said, I'm not buying it this year as the gameplay is awful but I don't mind them getting the big players spot on, in fact I think it adds to the game

images (1).jpeg

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

images (1).jpeg

1713D82B-EA44-4247-92FC-53E2A073E0BA.jpegThat was their attempt in 2018 😂

Edited by Absolute Scenes

I wish Fifa would add in a coin toss before matches its done on Madden can be done on Fifa i'm sick of Liverpool shooting into the Kop in the first half. Also I'm fed up of the SPFL only being 1 league would be good if their was promotion and relegation. 

12 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

20210923_004705.png

That's actually an improvement TBH

9 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Noticed cammy devlin was our highest rated player at 70 overall, surprised craig gordon wasn’t above that.

Gordon is under 70?!  :rofl: 

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I always (and still do) wondered if there is an expiry date for this type of thing …. That answers it then 😀

As a 43yr old, my expiry with the game was when I started getting absolutely skelped by my (then) 12yr old nephew 😂. I'm fearing getting back to 5s on a Friday night incase he can start skinning me for real, though at least there I can put him a few feet in the air and get away with "it was an accident", bit harder to claim that to his mum when an Xbox controller is sticking out her flat screen telly! 😂

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

As a 43yr old, my expiry with the game was when I started getting absolutely skelped by my (then) 12yr old nephew 😂. I'm fearing getting back to 5s on a Friday night incase he can start skinning me for real, though at least there I can put him a few feet in the air and get away with "it was an accident", bit harder to claim that to his mum when an Xbox controller is sticking out her flat screen telly! 😂

😂 that makes a lot of sense 

Jambo na hÉireann
38 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Noticed cammy devlin was our highest rated player at 70 overall, surprised craig gordon wasn’t above that.

Don't think that's right, buddy 

2 hours ago, Locky said:

FIFA is a joke these days. EA have become greedy and lazy. I was a religious FIFA player from the late 90's right through to about FIFA 15, but my interest has just faded over the years. I've no intention of getting FIFA 22 any time soon.

And it's for lazy little details like the ones in the OP. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but there never seems to be any desire to rectify them unless it's a glaringly obvious mistake at one of the fan boy clubs. I wonder how much research goes into the smaller leagues in FIFA, unlike FM, who has dedicated researchers for leagues and clubs all over the world, and when mistakes are made, they listen to the community and fix them.

Yup, agreed.  I didn't bother buying FIFA 21, as I always just play Career mode anyway and there was absolutely bugger all difference between 20 and 21.  I just don't think I'm going to bother with 22 either.  Unless you support one of the "Elite" teams, there just isn't anything in it for you.

They are so lazy with fixing everything or improving anything that isn't Ultimate Team.  Probably because they can't scam 9 year olds out of money in Career Mode or any of the other things.  Teams missing kits, generic looking players.  It really wouldn't be that hard, in this day and age, to run a real life photo of every player through face recognition and map it onto a 3D model.  That way, every player in the game would look much better than the generic Sims 3 looking character models they end up with.  Don't get me started with the way it generates youth players as well, they always look the exact same, shaved head, shirt tucked in, like they've been recruited from a prison instead of a youth academy.  The lack of stadiums and leagues also annoys me - yes, the number of people who would like to start a Career mode as Alloa Athletic is probably measurable on one hand, but they should at least have that choice available - especially when the amount of effort that goes into maintaining something like that in FIFA is updating a database and generating random players with appropriate stats for the level.  I doubt any real work goes into that, and any developer could likely throw a new team together in about 5 minutes using a Wikipedia list of names and adding them in to whatever function creates/updates the player database.

The fact that they haven't bothered to put the Hearts third kit in it speaks volumes about how little they care outside of about 50 teams.  It's probably exceptionally low on the list of priorities, the definition of a "first world problem", and likely something that isn't even on the club's radar at all, but Hearts should be complaining about the face that the club branding and image are not being represented in a Licenced game.  More clubs need to publicly haul EA and FIFA games over the coals when it comes to mistakes.  It is another method of exposure, especially for things like Kits which are collected and traded on Ultimate Team, and not having accurate representation in the game is just down to pure laziness.

I raised the issue with the club badge with them back in FIFA 18.  I got a stock response email and nothing ever happened until what, 3 years later, when it was actually fixed?

There's so much they could do to the game but refuse to because of trying to maximise profit. It would be good to have a pre game lobby where you get 15 seconds to choose your team against your player.  Fifa 21 consists of games against France and PSG online, so boring.

Will purchase this year though just so I can take Boyce and co to Paris!

Салатные палочки

Not played it since FIFA 17. I only really enjoyed it when I was playing my old flatmate. We had some epic games. The rule was you pressed the random button three times and that was your team, no matter if it was Barca v. St. Patrick's. 

Career mode frustrated me though. I would play Chester or similar in the cup and win 1-0 and then play Man City in the league and win 5-0. Totally unrealistic. They put too much effort into marketing it towards Champions League fanboys anyway. 

I play FM these days. That's my only football gaming fix. Wish I still had my Mega Drive so I could play Sensi on it. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not played it since FIFA 17. I only really enjoyed it when I was playing my old flatmate. We had some epic games. The rule was you pressed the random button three times and that was your team, no matter if it was Barca v. St. Patrick's. 

Career mode frustrated me though. I would play Chester or similar in the cup and win 1-0 and then play Man City in the league and win 5-0. Totally unrealistic. They put too much effort into marketing it towards Champions League fanboys anyway. 

I play FM these days. That's my only football gaming fix. Wish I still had my Mega Drive so I could play Sensi on it. 

Get an emulator, can put them on pcs or wiis at the very least and access games like sensi

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Yup, agreed.  I didn't bother buying FIFA 21, as I always just play Career mode anyway and there was absolutely bugger all difference between 20 and 21.  I just don't think I'm going to bother with 22 either.  Unless you support one of the "Elite" teams, there just isn't anything in it for you.

They are so lazy with fixing everything or improving anything that isn't Ultimate Team.  Probably because they can't scam 9 year olds out of money in Career Mode or any of the other things.  Teams missing kits, generic looking players.  It really wouldn't be that hard, in this day and age, to run a real life photo of every player through face recognition and map it onto a 3D model.  That way, every player in the game would look much better than the generic Sims 3 looking character models they end up with.  Don't get me started with the way it generates youth players as well, they always look the exact same, shaved head, shirt tucked in, like they've been recruited from a prison instead of a youth academy.  The lack of stadiums and leagues also annoys me - yes, the number of people who would like to start a Career mode as Alloa Athletic is probably measurable on one hand, but they should at least have that choice available - especially when the amount of effort that goes into maintaining something like that in FIFA is updating a database and generating random players with appropriate stats for the level.  I doubt any real work goes into that, and any developer could likely throw a new team together in about 5 minutes using a Wikipedia list of names and adding them in to whatever function creates/updates the player database.

The fact that they haven't bothered to put the Hearts third kit in it speaks volumes about how little they care outside of about 50 teams.  It's probably exceptionally low on the list of priorities, the definition of a "first world problem", and likely something that isn't even on the club's radar at all, but Hearts should be complaining about the face that the club branding and image are not being represented in a Licenced game.  More clubs need to publicly haul EA and FIFA games over the coals when it comes to mistakes.  It is another method of exposure, especially for things like Kits which are collected and traded on Ultimate Team, and not having accurate representation in the game is just down to pure laziness.

I raised the issue with the club badge with them back in FIFA 18.  I got a stock response email and nothing ever happened until what, 3 years later, when it was actually fixed?

I'm like you, I really only play career mode. FIFA 21 made some nice little changes to CM but ultimately, it was just the same shite game as 20. I didn't get 21 until about April this year, and I've played it about 3 times since. Somehow, they've ended up with less leagues, especially licenced ones. The very thing that FIFA had over PES was licensing and realism, which is just rapidly fading. Half the teams in Serie A for example are generic, and Serie B isn't even in the game anymore. 

They've got rid of so many national teams as well for FIFA 22. They prided themselves on the international management feature just a few years ago, and now I read there's only 33 national teams in the game, which of course you need 32 for a World Cup. Rather than include so many more, they're just scrapping loads. They really missed a trick too with getting the CL and EL licences. When PES had them, they included so many teams whose leagues didn't feature. FIFA haven't really bothered, and chuck a few clubs in to Rest of World, but ultimately year on year, still so many clubs from the real life CL and EL missing to the point where teams like Derry City have to fill in the gaps playing in the Europa groups. It's mental.

36 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We used to do something similar way back around FIFA 13 when I still lived with flatmates, 5 random presses to determine the league you were getting a team from, then go down one and do 5 random presses for random teams from that league.  You'd end up with stuff like Peru versus Derby County, and it was brilliant :lol: 

We added a "Risk it All" option, where the player with the worst rated team could go double or nothing, 1 more random League and 1 more random team.  It could pay off and give you a big boost, or it could go spectacularly wrong.  Which it more often did!

I'll never forget the look on my flatmates face, I got my 5 random leagues, Bundesliga.  5 random teams, Bayern Munich.  He ended up with the Norway national team, and was fuming.  "Nah, nah, nah, no way, I have to get someone better than that".

1 more Random League press?  Saudi Arabia Professional League. 

His face was a ****ing picture. I can't even remember the name of the complete non-entity he ended up with, but it was a squad filled to the brim with bronze players, absolutely no pace.  It wouldn't have mattered which team, they were all absolute guff.

It was the first, and only time, I ever hit double figures against him :smuggy: 

Normally pretty bang on with their ratings but they are all over the place this year. Gordon should be our best player, Souttar and Boyce not far behind. We're a bit on the low side I would say - but might be based on league positions last year and stuff like that, hence why Hibs have some decent ratings. 

Gordon 68 (should be at least 70/71)

Stewart 61 

Cochrane 63 (should be about 65/66)

Kingsley 67 

Watson 54 

Souttar 68 (should be 70/71)

Halkett 67 

Moore 66 

Smith 67 

Logan 54

Beni 67 (should be 69/70)

Devlin 70 (probably based on his A-League stats but sounds slightly high)

Ginnelly 67

McKay 67

Halliday 64 (should be 65/66)

Haring 65 (should be 66/67)

McEneff 65 

Woodburn 65 (should be 67/68)

Pollock 58 (should be about 60/61)

Walker 65

GMS 67

Denholm 52

Boyce 67 (should be 69/70)

Gnando 66

Roberts 63 

53 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Are the huns sponsored by cinch? 

I wonder if cinch never offers them enough when discussing the deal and all that about their director is revenge?  

You never know with that lot 

coatbridgejambo
13 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fifas Shit to play (collar is annoying) 

Better with Pro Ev 😎

Defo 

Always been a pes guy. The problem is finding someone to play as not enough folk buy it. Fifa have that market sewing up. 

PES = Simulator 

Fifa = arcade

I still buy fifa but only to play pro clubs with mates.

3 hours ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Don't think that's right, buddy 

Aye it was when I first checked the team ratings. Devlin a 70, Gordon was a 68 I think. It goes up with the live ratings though. 

Worse than that is Hearts base team rating is 2 stars out of 5 and Hibs are a 2.5. Laughable really.

We do go up to a 2.5 with the live ratings, but still pissed me off.

It feels like they're just giving us the "newly promoted 2nd tier side" treatment and completely ignorant that we're one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Needless to say, I've went in and made some "adjustments" before my career mode" 😈

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

This in spades. It may seem trivial to some folks that don't know/don't care about vidya games but it is like you say another channel of exposure for the club. It's a game that's popular all over the world and despite its many issues and stagnation, it is probably still the most widely played sports title there is.

I have friends im the US who recently got into football (blame that Ted Lasso pish) and they want to play with Hearts in fifa! I want them to get the best experience possible.

Touching on Career mode, it is still fundamentally the same as usual but they've finally added skill-trees and archetypes so you can level up how you want. You can also change positions mid season (including height and weight 😅) whenever you want. As for Manager career you can now create a club (kits and stadium). It's nothing brand new because its all just stuff imported from FUT and Pro Clubs but it's there now nonetheless so I'm gonna have a go.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Anymore player close-ups?

I'll maybe go and take some screenshots in a bit. I hoored 5 hours in total yesterday but I still have 5 hours left of my trial until the full launch next Friday😅

@Tommy Brown

There's a couple I left out like Logan and Denholm but I figured they're not of much interest.

Seems to just be Beni, Woodburn and Kingsley who have scans. Basically anyone who's played in the Premier League in the last few years...

GMS

Screenshot_20210923-182633_Xbox.jpg

Boyce

Screenshot_20210923-182654_Xbox.jpg

Gino

Screenshot_20210923-182719_Xbox.jpg

Haring

Screenshot_20210923-182732_Xbox.jpg

Beni

Screenshot_20210923-182747_Xbox.jpg

Cochrane

Screenshot_20210923-182759_Xbox.jpg