• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

I thought Taylor- Moore was one of our best players today.

He defensded well and most importantly used the ball well with some very intelligent passing.

Well done to him.

Apologies in advance as I didn't see the game yesterday.

What formation did we play? If it was 3 at the back again then it's really encouraging to see the (I assume) wing backs getting on the score sheet. It's been the only thing letting us down so far imo not having them being an attacking threat. Really pleased if that's the case yesterday and hopefully a sign of things to come 👍

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What formation did we play? If it was 3 at the back again then it's really encouraging to see the (I assume) wing backs getting on the score sheet. It's been the only thing letting us down so far imo not having them being an attacking threat. Really pleased if that's the case yesterday and hopefully a sign of things to come 👍

Yes it was 3-4-3 with Smith and Cochrane as WB's.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Brilliant! That's really encouraging. Thanks 👍

Smith and Cochrane were rampaging 🤣 they also dropped in to maintain the three if Kingsley or Moore stepped forward. Halkett is prob the only one who wasnt ramped up to 10 on the attack setting , even he should have scored 🤣

Thoughts on the game....very enjoyable. The movement was excellent, not too much side-to-side, pissy-passy stuff, direct and in their faces. To break a team like that down movement is key and that was proved yesterday. On the players (not all as it'll take too long but) a few deserve pointing out.

Firstly Moore. When he made his debut as a sub at Tannadice he was played over on the left, proving like last week with Souttar, we are still lacking a natural left-sided centre-half. He looked average at right-back last week but he showed yesterday that he is a good solid right-sided centre-half and a very able back-up for Souttar. He played well enough for us to see that Souttar, as good as he is, wasn't missed, which is great for squad depth.

Barrie McKay took his chance, set up all the goals one way or another and there were one or two things he did that reminded me of Colquhoun. The drop of the shoulder and the direct running brought memories back. Ginelly will need to be on fire once he gets his chance. 

Quick point on Halkett. Once again proved to be a valuable squad player and has always looked comfortable in a three. If Neilson really wants to return to a back four at some point he will need to find a natural left-sided centre-half from somewhere. Kingsley looked fine in there but over a longer period, and in a back four, you need to have two solid out-and-out defenders in there. 

Overall, a very enjoyable game. Looking forward to the next, and it's been a long time since that's been said by a lot of people.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Smith and Cochrane were rampaging 🤣 they also dropped in to maintain the three if Kingsley or Moore stepped forward. Halkett is prob the only one who wasnt ramped up to 10 on the attack setting , even he should have scored 🤣

Glad to hear it!! 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Give it time...

Two other jambos sparring on the telly just now... 

Martin Geisler interviewing Neil Murray on the sunday show.  Murray with maroon tie on.

Ian Murray?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

How you getting on with the smiling, difficult to adapt..?

Back to normal after watching the Ryder cup 😢

On 25/09/2021 at 08:43, Smith's right boot said:

You think we'll lose but get a draw? 

How much bingo you had? 

I was glad to “get it right up me” this weekend, but at no point did I think we’d lose.  Read my post again.  I said it was the type of fixture we lose, my actual prediction was a draw.  15 years without a win against them in this league I’d say was pretty good evidence that it was the type of game we’d typically lose.  

On 25/09/2021 at 09:06, BIG ECK said:

This would certainly be the case with the Hearts of old but I think we ourselves are a different animal nowadays so definitely looking for the three points.

Today will tell us a lot about our team for sure.

And it did.  Was delighted to be proven wrong.  

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I was glad to “get it right up me” this weekend, but at no point did I think we’d lose.  Read my post again.  I said it was the type of fixture we lose, my actual prediction was a draw.  15 years without a win against them in this league I’d say was pretty good evidence that it was the type of game we’d typically lose.  

tbf it had been only 5 games in those 15 years, 4 draws and the awful 5-0 defeat. i do agree with you that is was the type of game we would usually slip up on but we do seem to be a different team now when it comes to these games

gogsfaepenrith
On 26/09/2021 at 06:04, heatonjambo said:

I was drunk at the time

but if you watch the hearts tv after match interview with Ian black he spends the whole interview rubbing his crotch. I kid you not 

Must admit, i noticed it,  was prettily pissed and had a few smokes  but the edge of his 🪑   might have been marching  near a South American country 

7 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

The 15 years bit is pretty meaningless given that Livingston have spent most of those 15 years outwith the division. We'd actually drawn four of our previous five Premiership games against them before Saturday, and had pumped them four times out of four when we'd both been in the Championship in 2014-15.  So if you were to bother to look at any actual evidence, you'd see straight away that it was actually the type of game we'd very rarely lose!

On 25/09/2021 at 17:31, ToqueJambo said:

Another striker would complete the squad I think, although you have to wonder if Woodburn could play striker. I also wonder what happened to Pollock as another option - injured?

Pollock out for 8 weeks so should be back anytime soon

17 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The 15 years bit is pretty meaningless given that Livingston have spent most of those 15 years outwith the division. We'd actually drawn four of our previous five Premiership games against them before Saturday, and had pumped them four times out of four when we'd both been in the Championship in 2014-15.  So if you were to bother to look at any actual evidence, you'd see straight away that it was actually the type of game we'd very rarely lose!

We didn’t beat them 2018/19 or 2019/20.  That’s evidence for me that they’re a bit of a bogey team.  

28 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

We didn’t beat them 2018/19 or 2019/20.  That’s evidence for me that they’re a bit of a bogey team.  

We beat them 1-0 in a Scottish Cup tie at Tynie the year we lost 2-1 to Celtic in the final.

3 hours ago, gogsfaepenrith said:

Must admit, i noticed it,  was prettily pissed and had a few smokes  but the edge of his 🪑   might have been marching  near a South American country 

😀

thanks for the humour and clarification that i wasn’t imagining it

cheers

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yep, 15 years twists things beyond belief. Just a stupid misleading stat.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, 15 years twists things beyond belief. Just a stupid misleading stat.

They've beaten us once, but Tbf it was 5-0.🙄

On 26/09/2021 at 07:12, Taffin said:

We made a really nice adjustment at around 20 minutes and it cut Livi open. Rather than have Smith go up the touchline, when in attack he left the side and made diagonal runs across the final third, giving McKay plenty of room to do his thing up the wing. The first goal was a McKay cross that pinged around the box a little until it fell to Smith, who had come all the way over to the top of the left side of the box and was standing in acres of space, and he hit a beaut from there, no chance for the keeper.

On 26/09/2021 at 07:52, sadj said:

Exactly this. This is the beauty of a back 3 with WBs who are also good defenders. The back 3 have license to range forward if they get the opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They've beaten us once, but Tbf it was 5-0.🙄

I checked the previous results and saw that but decided not to mention it so…eh…thanks 😂

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

We beat them 1-0 in a Scottish Cup tie at Tynie the year we lost 2-1 to Celtic in the final.

Sorry, I meant league matches.