***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

julienbrellier

To be honest I sympathize with the GMS stuff not saying he’s bad but at the moment I’ve not seen enough. Will we ever start Ginnelly Boyce and Woodburn? Is it too obvious? Really don’t get it 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

4 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

To be honest I sympathize with the GMS stuff not saying he’s bad but at the moment I’ve not seen enough. Will we ever start Ginnelly Boyce and Woodburn? Is it too obvious? Really don’t get it 

In fairness to the coaches, new players are settling in and you can't start everyone.  To your specific point though, I hope the we quickly identify our strongest line-up for an attacking game.

We should be a class above Livingston.  We should always be a class above them.

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hope they repeat their shots at goal and on target from tonights game on Saturday. 

To have such a lack of ambition in a cup game is embarrassing. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thing is with GMS-

If he was assisting, winning penalties and even scoring as he's done but then scored even more he'd never be with us in the first place. 

He's with us because he's not the complete player and is frustrating at times. 

I

Wtf, so you’re  saying basically if your auntie had baws……

7 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

To be fair, Ginnelly didn’t do any better than GMS when he last came on against Hibs. 

It seems really strange that I once played in a pre season friendly for them when they were Ferranti Thistle.  Wouldn't have dreamt or nightmared that one day they would beat Hearts 5-0. Even worse that there would be a run of several games against them where we barely scored a goal.

They need a good, sound thrashing.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

It seems really strange that I once played in a pre season friendly for them when they were Ferranti Thistle.  Wouldn't have dreamt or nightmared that one day they would beat Hearts 5-0. Even worse that there would be a run of several games against them where we barely scored a goal.

They need a good, sound thrashing.

that most likely won’t happen.. they will defend deep as ****.. 

score early or we will be in for a frustrating 90

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, Ginnelly didn’t do any better than GMS when he last came on against Hibs. 

He hasn't done particularly well this season so far. I was undecided between starting Gino or GMS but I would now defo start GMS. Let's face it, Gino's best performances have come from the bench.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He hasn't done particularly well this season so far. I was undecided between starting Gino or GMS but I would now defo start GMS. Let's face it, Gino's best performances have come from the bench.

loved how direct he was, how he beat a man and got it in quickly or took a shot at goal as soon as he had a sniff..  he’s not shown that much this season

Italian Lambretta

I especially liked this comment from the Bobmeister. So if its 0-0 after 70 minutes then send on another defender and shut up shop.

“The key thing for me was that if you’re not going to win the game, make sure you take a point out of it.

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Agree Dave gino yet to get going this season

1 hour ago, Barack said:

McKay will be starting ahead of Gino at the weekend, going by the noises from Roberto, in the DR piece, today. 

Quite the correct decision to based on what we have seen from both so far. McKay in his short time on the pitch has shown far more that Ginnelly in my opinion and therefore worth a starting place.

Testament also to his fitness considering he never had a pre season and has looked in decfent condition.

Ginnelly on the other hand looks like one of those players that flatters to deceive and will spend more time out injured than he will on the pitch.

Absolutely agree with getting McKay on from the start. Ginnelly and GMS have been very average thus far.

Not at all convinced we have a big win in us. 

Delighted to be proved wrong, of course, but I'd be pleased with Hearts 1-0. 

43 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He seems to me to be the type to go in the huff. His demeanour during games does not sit well with me. 

He has a choice. Get the finger out, work your nuts off and earn the contract we gave you. 

He is no first pick. It's up to him. 

I agree totally. I have to say so far I am very disappointed in his contribution albeit early in the season.

Maybe he is one of those players that is quite happy sitting on the bench, I hope not but he doesn't look like he has a lot of fight in him.

56 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He seems to me to be the type to go in the huff. His demeanour during games does not sit well with me. 

He has a choice. Get the finger out, work your nuts off and earn the contract we gave you. 

He is no first pick. It's up to him. 

Time to show us he loves being here.  

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson has told his players he expects maximum points from successive home games against Livingston and Motherwell. (Record)

You’re not allowed to say that or make the point on JKB though.  

::troll:: 

55 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I'd like to see:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane

Woodburn Boyce McKay

Would be happy with this

Referee for Saturday ; Gavin Duncan another referee out his depth and on a par with the clown form Ross Co.

at least we’ll be able to see lovely photos of the stadium pre match on his Facebook page which appears to be his major objective at every game he gets.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

I'd like to see:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Woodburn Boyce McKay

Think this will likely be the team, fitness permitting. Only worry with this is that they will defend deep and we are almost relying on 3 players to break that defence down. No Gnaduillet, GMS, Ginelly, Walker, Haring, Moore, Halliday in that team really does show the quality we have throughout the squad. 

Hearts/ St Johnstone/ Europe.

Wonder what that would pay.  Two bankers in there but whether the old guard of England can beat the talented youngsters of the USA is questionable.

For me this is the game that will really show us how far we’ve come as a team. I fully expect Livi to sit in with 10 men behind the ball and for years now we’ve ran out of ideas against teams that do that at tynecastle

11 hours ago, martoon said:

Absolutely agree with getting McKay on from the start. Ginnelly and GMS have been very average thus far.

Not at all convinced we have a big win in us. 

Delighted to be proved wrong, of course, but I'd be pleased with Hearts 1-0. 

I agree on Gino. And I know what you mean with GMS. However, GMS has scored, got two assists and won two pens. That’s a lot of goal contributions.  

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I agree on Gino. And I know what you mean with GMS. However, GMS has scored, got two assists and won two pens. That’s a lot of goal contributions.  

Fair point.

On 22/09/2021 at 10:29, MattyK82 said:

Would just like to see a win at home by whatever means necessary  - anyone know the last top flight league match we won at home?

The game v Rangers when Boycie scored on his debut? 🤔 

WTAF??????????

Edit: never mind, looks like you've had the pish ripped enough already! :)

Edited by FarmerTweedy

On 22/09/2021 at 11:38, Stu_HMFC said:

My first game back at Tynecastle since the Kilmarnock 3/2 defeat 🤢

Can't wait for Saturday I was hoping it would be a goal fest! someone is due a hammering from us and I was hoping it would take place on Saturday THEN Livi go and beat Celtic 😂

Professional performance from Hearts they will camp in their 18 yard box and hope to catch us off guard with a break away 3-0 Hearts for me. Get an early goal take control of the game. 

I actually think that might be a good thing for us. Teams on terrible runs are usually our worst nightmare!  

8 hours ago, BigAlim said:

For me this is the game that will really show us how far we’ve come as a team. I fully expect Livi to sit in with 10 men behind the ball and for years now we’ve ran out of ideas against teams that do that at tynecastle

Their dealer/manager more or less said that would be their game plan in his interview yesterday

22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson has told his players he expects maximum points from successive home games against Livingston and Motherwell. (Record)

Very much so. If we get 6 points from the next 2 that’s a great start 

19 hours ago, King prawn said:

I'd like to see:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Woodburn Boyce McKay

That’s the team 😎

On 23/09/2021 at 09:57, Thomaso said:

WTF is a “low block”? 🤔

A498CA17-DB00-442C-970B-A693B84E1381.jpeg

Once the oppositions crossing is assessed and in respect of the average percentage of elevation from the ball leaving the pitch (opposition stats), and type of trajectory in the air, the block stance is then recommended to the defensive player. 
Low block does not really allow for anything other than the lower part of the body to be used. 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/09/2021 at 05:37, Kiwidoug said:

In fairness to the coaches, new players are settling in and you can't start everyone.  To your specific point though, I hope the we quickly identify our strongest line-up for an attacking game.

We should be a class above Livingston.  We should always be a class above them.

Ref last Statement - that Means nothing. 

Absolutely he ho

Celtic and rangers should always be a class above us, but we beat them and I wouldn't expect defeat every time because of that

Livingston will be the same with us. 

The Grim Reaper
On 22/09/2021 at 13:08, i8hibsh said:

7 out of our last 8 games v Livingston have ended in 0-0. The other game was 5 nil to them.

If true that is absolutely pitiful 😂

Oh well, at least we have Robbie leading us forward now 😬

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Barack said:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/07/low-block-park-the-bus-jose-mourinho-diego-simeone/

This is quite interesting. Watch out for it tomorrow, & how Hearts set about trying to defeat it. 

4-2-3-1...

After reading that, my tactic to defeat the block that is low is to have a dig. 

In general we need to shoot more against teams. 

On another note, bet livi fans can't wait to watch  that most weeks. 

Sit with a defensive 9 and punt it to a striker. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

After reading that, my tactic to defeat the block that is low is to have a dig. 

In general we need to shoot more against teams. 

On another note, bet livi fans can't wait to watch  that most weeks. 

Sit with a defensive 9 and punt it to a striker. 

Agree regards having a pop more. Too often the ball is overplayed as you try to open gaps around the box. 

One thing for me also is presence of mind.  In these type of games when teams sit in against us, players can slowly switch off and fall into the trap of just moving the ball on without intent. 

Movement is key, whether it’s the striker nipping in behind or pulling people away, to midfielders actually running at players to draw them out and not just passing it on all the time.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree regards having a pop more. Too often the ball is overplayed as you try to open gaps around the box. 

One thing for me also is presence of mind.  In these type of games when teams sit in against us, players can slowly switch off and fall into the trap of just moving the ball on without intent. 

Movement is key, whether it’s the striker nipping in behind or pulling people away, to midfielders actually running at players to draw them out and not just passing it on all the time.  

Yip. 

That tactic relys on the opposition missing their chances as well. 

It's ok for parts of a game but it usually gets undone over 90 minutes. 

I always laugh at the thought of both teams playing that way and a team  just watching the other 10 players pass it about in their half while they do nothing but watch from their half. 

Like 2 boxers not throwing the first punch, for the entire bout. 

44 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

If true that is absolutely pitiful 😂

Oh well, at least we have Robbie leading us forward now 😬

It isn’t true

I know it's early doors in the season but this, and the Motherwell game as well, have the feel of must win games for me.  Wins and we keep our momentum going, lose or draw and I can see us falling into mid table and staying there all season.

We have the players with talent to win these games, we just have to be more clinical and ruthless in front of goals.

Oh and keep the ball off GMS's right foot cos he doesn't have one.

For me, 3-1 in this game and a tough 1-0 next week to go into the International break.

Patience will be required, first home game when we as fans will expect to win comfortably, Livi will feed off negative energy if we don't come out the traps. Keep the ball, give it to Woodburn and let him unlock the door.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Says it all.