***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Think this is the time to start Devlin without too many changes. 

He’s had his taste now, so a home game is where I’d look to introduce him from the start.  

We’ll need plenty energy to dominate v this team who’ll come out to hound us at every opportunity. 

You thinking Beni and Devlin in centre midfield?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

BRAVEHEART1874

1-0 da jambos. I still think some of our attacks are too slow.  Eg. Barry mackay in space looking for the easy pass, but the ball just goes sideways to halket first then eventually to mackay who by now is getting closed down ;( The opposition now have 5 or 6 defenders back dealing with about 2 or 3 from us and getting blocks etc. in and we only end up with corners resulting in hee haw.

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
spell

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We have played 770 minutes of football v Livingston without scoring a goal.

With a vastly different squad though surely? The most important game in any run of fixtures is the next one...👍

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If Benjamin Button doesn't play I would feel more confident.

article-2585163-1C70320000000578-391_306x487.jpg

Captain Canada

I think it will be 1-0 to us. 

It will be interesting to see the lineup and formation after last week's draw.

Do we revert to a 3-4-3 or go more attacking again? 

My team would be: 

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar Cochrane

Gino Beni Devlin Kingsley 

Woodburn Boyce McKay 

Subs: Stewart, Moore, Haring, Smith, GMS, Armand and McEneff

Gino as a wing back is unorthodox but I'd hope at home to Livi we'll be on the front foot a lot and he'll cause more issues in an attacking sense than Smith. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I certainly think this will be our pairing moving forward. 

They will be a revelation together.

Why not try it on saturday 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

That's horrendous, no doubt. 

But, the further back in time you go with stats, the less relevant they become.  

More relevant is this season's performances.  Hearts have a GD of +4, Livingston have a GD of -6.  Anything other than a Hearts win will be a shocking result.

Strangely confident.  I watched Livi Celtic game and Livi didn’t look as strong as previous seasons … goalie looks well suspect.  We’ll score three.  

48 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I think it will be 1-0 to us. 

It will be interesting to see the lineup and formation after last week's draw.

Do we revert to a 3-4-3 or go more attacking again? 

My team would be: 

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar Cochrane

Gino Beni Devlin Kingsley 

Woodburn Boyce McKay 

Subs: Stewart, Moore, Haring, Smith, GMS, Armand and McEneff

Gino as a wing back is unorthodox but I'd hope at home to Livi we'll be on the front foot a lot and he'll cause more issues in an attacking sense than Smith. 

I’d go back to 3-4-3. 

They’ll be looking to sit in, counter and exploit any of our defensive fragilities. Important that we stay compact and control the game. Let’s hope we take our chances when they come.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

More relevant is this season's performances.  Hearts have a GD of +4, Livingston have a GD of -6.  Anything other than a Hearts win will be a shocking result.

It's also not true 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's also not true 

Which make is even less relevant...   :whistling: :mw_rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Arry said:

Strangely confident.  I watched Livi Celtic game and Livi didn’t look as strong as previous seasons … goalie looks well suspect.  We’ll score three.  

They also had Shinnie playing as a striker which seemed odd although he took his goal well. Do they have a lack of options up front or was that just a tactical thing?

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

My source was off so not quite as bad as that but it is still bad.

Will take any win, just get the job done hearts, could have done without them beating the Tim's, but I predict a routine 2-0 win for the home side in the end.

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It's a ****ing horrendous record. By the way, who in the squad are you referring to as Benjamin Button? :lol:

We're near the top and at home, they're near the bottom and are away, so we win, right? If only it were that easy. I still think we'll win though, 2-0 with a nervy last 20 mins till we get a late second goal.

8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's a ****ing horrendous record. By the way, who in the squad are you referring to as Benjamin Button? :lol:

GMS

Tom Hardy’s Dug

😂

This thread is heading towards the Classics already….

900 minutes without a goal against Livi.

No home wins this season.

We are clearly due a goal or 2 against Livi and it is also clear they aren’t quite as stuffy as in last seasons despite last weeks result.

I’d go back to 3-4-3.

Bring Cochrane back in. Rest GMS. Play McKay as attacking right sided midfielder. Devlin beside Beni. Keep Gnando in team - Boyce and Woodburn tucked in and around him.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know GMS tries btw, my patience has just ran out with the amount of absolute sitters he misses every week.

Brilliant assist for the opener as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The only thing your source got correct was the team names. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Which make is even less relevant...   :whistling: :mw_rolleyes:

But also less horrendous. 😁

Edited by Smith's right boot

With the players we have sooner or later we'll have a game when everything clicks into place and the ball keeps hitting the back of the net. I'm hoping it's this one. 5-0 including a GMS hat trick.

Edited by Ford Prentice

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know GMS tries btw, my patience has just ran out with the amount of absolute sitters he misses every week.

Benjamin Button made me smile 😀. Not even sure why it’s funny but it is. 

This will a very different game to all so far.

Livi will sit tight and deep and counter.

They will happily take a draw.

Could be a frustrating afternoon.

Hopefully, I've got this completely wring.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

GMS has been influential in each of the last 3 games either by winning penalties or playing Boyce in to score, but otherwise his contributions have not been that great and he does love to sky a sitter. He's due a spell on the bench for me. 

I'd like to see a Beni/Haring/Devlin midfield. I don't think Ross County would've got a free pop at goal for the first one if Haring had been in there. Devlin certainly made an impact when he came on against Ross County and we simply can't drop Beni. That trio would own the midfield with Haring spraying the passes forward. With McKay used in the RWB role, Kingsley and the trio could shuffle across to cover when BMc goes on a wander.

I'd also like to see Woodburn given a bit more freedom rather than scrapping away in a congested midfield area. No idea if this formation is one that any team uses but I'd go for:

Gordon

Soutar           Halkett         Cochrane

McKay          Beni         Haring       Devlin         Kingsley

Boyce                     Woodburn 

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

It still rages me we didn't score again against ICT and then got Celtic in the cup.  We should be in the cup this midweek instead of hoping the old firm win and hibs get pumped. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The sitters he's missing are shocking but he's had some assists and won a pen, so he is contributing. Not defending his misses though and he needs to do better.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You have a good point mate. He’s great for assists but the sitters he’s missed against Andersen, Hibs and County turn 3 points into 9 and we sit top of the table. He’s very frustrating just now 

46 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

GMS has been influential in each of the last 3 games either by winning penalties or playing Boyce in to score, but otherwise his contributions have not been that great and he does love to sky a sitter. He's due a spell on the bench for me. 

I'd like to see a Beni/Haring/Devlin midfield. I don't think Ross County would've got a free pop at goal for the first one if Haring had been in there. Devlin certainly made an impact when he came on against Ross County and we simply can't drop Beni. That trio would own the midfield with Haring spraying the passes forward. With McKay used in the RWB role, Kingsley and the trio could shuffle across to cover when BMc goes on a wander.

I'd also like to see Woodburn given a bit more freedom rather than scrapping away in a congested midfield area. No idea if this formation is one that any team uses but I'd go for:

Gordon

Soutar           Halkett         Cochrane

McKay          Beni         Haring       Devlin         Kingsley

Boyce                     Woodburn 

Yep, looks a decent line-up, with Devlin pushing forward when able and as required to support the front two.  :icon14:

Can’t wait for this one.  Hopefully we can put extreme pressure on them from the off and get an early goal.

I don’t believe any game will be easy, but would love us to convert more of our chances and it would be amazing win by a couple or more.

Id imagine they will be in our faces but that won’t intimidate our squad, not any more.

I thought that the RC and Motherwell game were the potential banana skins in this 3 game run

Livi at home should get battered

And I don't care that Celtic were crap and slipped up.

Hearts 4-1 Livingston

Boyce x 2, GMS and a Haring header

A good game to start converting the fairly high number of chances we’ve been creating. Need to get the home form going again against a bottom 6 team (they will be) clean sheet and a few goals coming IMO

Don't think new Rangers have ever won the league cup.  Interesting to see what happens tonight.  Referee really needs to stand up for them.

Bazzas right boot

The thing is with GMS-

If he was assisting, winning penalties and even scoring as he's done but then scored even more he'd never be with us in the first place. 

He's with us because he's not the complete player and is frustrating at times. 

I