Am I psychic 🔮

Hansel

Was at my mother in laws having a cup of tea and a blether the other day. 

Poirot is on the TV in the background and I recognised the guy who played Trigger in Only Fools and Horses.

So we Start chatting about how the actor had died a few years back, and I tell her how I used to get the characters Trigger and Boycie mixed up. I thought Boycie was called Trigger because his laugh sounded a bit like a machine gun. 

Anyway, I asked her if the guy who played Boycie was still alive and she said she didn't know. Neither of us could be bothered to Google the answer and just moved on to chat about something else before she went through to the kitchen.

Must have been about 30 seconds later, I was scrolling through Facebook and refreshed the feed...........

First thing I see is a news article stating that John Challis (actor who played Boycie) had died 😔 

What is the chances of that?  We had just spoke about the guy and now he's dead. 

Freaked me right out 😆 

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

am I some sort mystic? 😆 

1 minute ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Poirot is on the TV in the background and I recognised the guy who played Trigger in Only Fools and Horses.

So we Start chatting about how the actor had died a few years back, and I tell her how I used to get the characters Trigger and Boycie mixed up. I thought Boycie was called Trigger because his laugh sounded a bit like a machine gun. 

Anyway, I asked her if the guy who played Boycie was still alive and she said she didn't know. Neither of us could be bothered to Google the answer and just moved on to chat about something else before she went through to the kitchen.

Must have been about 30 seconds later, I was scrolling through Facebook and refreshed the feed...........

First thing I see is a news article stating that John Challis (actor who played Boycie) had died 😔 

What is the chances of that?  We had just spoke about the guy and now he's dead. 

Freaked me right out 😆 

am I some sort mystic? 😆 

Coincidence can crack people up...or turn them religious. 

Nothing but coincidence. 

There was one year (looking back it must've been 2008/2009 as it was one of the earlier rounds) where we were all debating who we might get in the cup draw which was being made later that day. I felt absolutely 100% convinced we were getting Hibs to the point that I was gonna be a smart-**** and post that the draw had already been made and we got Hibs. Lo and behold when the draw was announced a few hours later we did indeed get them and I felt really relieved that I hadn't bothered posting it since no-one would've believed me if I had then said "ach it was only a feeling lads, just a lucky guess" sort of thing.

55 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Freaked me right out 😆 

am I some sort mystic? 😆 

Which horse will win the 3.15 at Cheltenham tomorrow? 

:hypno:

I’ve often throughout the years been singing a song, turned telly or radio on and the song is on

I think I can receive radio signals

wibble

Салатные палочки

Around 1998 we were sitting in my mates house watching the telly after playing football. The BBC 24 hour news channel was still in it's infancy and a mate turned it on saying "I wonder what's happening in the world" or something like that. I said "probably some Airbus has crashed". I have no idea why I said it but when he turned it over, I kid you not, the first thing that came up on the screen was an Airbus that crashed on landing in the Far East. It caused a mixture of hilarity and freaking out. One of my mates who was into paranormal shite was really freaked out. 

I still have no idea where it came from and it's still mentioned to this day :laugh:

7 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Freaked me right out 😆 

am I some sort mystic? 😆 

I knew you where gonnae say that.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952491c433457f0e50fac

I'll glance at the time and always catch it at 9:11. The weight I was when born. Started noticing this in highschool and happens a few times a month for years.

Edited by Section N Rules

manaliveits105

I see a guy who is five foot tall and claims to be a psychic has just escaped from Saughton Prison 

there’s a small medium at large 

29 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I'll glance at the time and always catch it at 9:11. The weight I was when born. Started noticing this in highschool and happens a few times a month for years.

Something is telling me your mum is glad you don't catch it at 11:9.

I questioned Barry White's health to work colleagues on the day he died. I remember saying that someone that size would not be long for this world and the strain his size puts on his heart. His death was announced an hour later on the radio. 

They all accused me of killing him.

I used to sell Tarot cards and crystal balls to fortune tellers, mystics and the likes.   I gave it up.  Just could not see any future in it.

Years ago, three of us in our office (back when offices were a thing) were discussing middle names.  My boss, who was about to retire, said we'd never get hers, but that it started with an 'M'.  I looked at her for a couple of seconds and said, 'Myrtle'.  She visibly paled and asked me how I knew that.  I didn't know it; I guessed.  I just guessed a name beginning with 'M' that wasn't common.  I probably also subconsciously factored in that due to her age, it might be an 'older' name.  But what I told her and my other colleague was to be careful what they were thinking.

highlandjambo3
8 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

:sob:

I never meant to, I promise.

I had no idea I had these powers

Build a small replica of fester then pop on a documentary about tsunamis………you never know 😂

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Oh FFS 😁

One of my female friends gets “ reading “ done regularly by a tarot reader ! She swears by it . It’s all very vague “ predictions “ with the usual “ Someone will have  health scare “ , “ there will be happy news about a pregnancy soon “ etc . 

However the tarot reader was recently In hospital with a stroke , which she didn’t predict ! 

I got my future told by a seer I knew when I was around 17 . He told me I’d meet a “ rich man “ and  “ It would change my life completely “ Within the year I actually did !  😎😎

Me and my mate in the pub a few weeks back just randomly started talking about Andy Fordham. He was announced dead later that night. Also spoke about OFAH in the pub on Friday. Maybe we're killing whoever we talk about. :ninja: 

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Any time I stay up late, I've got a habit of glancing at the time at 01:36, the time I was born. Honestly done it a few dozen times in my adult life, with no real idea of what the time is before I do it.

13 minutes ago, Locky said:

Any time I stay up late, I've got a habit of glancing at the time at 01:36, the time I was born. Honestly done it a few dozen times in my adult life, with no real idea of what the time is before I do it.

You clearly unconsciously do this . It’s deliberate ! 😎

9 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

There was one year (looking back it must've been 2008/2009 as it was one of the earlier rounds) where we were all debating who we might get in the cup draw which was being made later that day. I felt absolutely 100% convinced we were getting Hibs to the point that I was gonna be a smart-**** and post that the draw had already been made and we got Hibs. Lo and behold when the draw was announced a few hours later we did indeed get them and I felt really relieved that I hadn't bothered posting it since no-one would've believed me if I had then said "ach it was only a feeling lads, just a lucky guess" sort of thing.

Everyone would have believed you.

We're also forgetting the very psychic Scottish Cup Final

19 05 12

We'd all be rich if we had noticed this and bet accordingly. That said the result was priceless. 

On Christmas eve 2016 I was working as a barber and the shift was coming to an end and Last Christmas came on. I said to the other folk at work that I bet George Michael didn't have long left. He died the next day. Sorry George. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Build a small replica of fester then pop on a documentary about tsunamis………you never know 😂

No need to go to the trouble making a replica. Just take a dump, it'll be more realistic.

50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Everyone would have believed you.

Thank you Soops, you clearly have more faith in the humanity of our fellow jambos than I do 😉

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

One of my female friends gets “ reading “ done regularly by a tarot reader ! She swears by it . It’s all very vague “ predictions “ with the usual “ Someone will have  health scare “ , “ there will be happy news about a pregnancy soon “ etc . 

However the tarot reader was recently In hospital with a stroke , which she didn’t predict ! 

I got my future told by a seer I knew when I was around 17 . He told me I’d meet a “ rich man “ and  “ It would change my life completely “ Within the year I actually did !  😎😎

That's only because he could naturally spot a gold digger from miles...

Joke  

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

James yer a wee gold digger.....

:wink:

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That's only because he could naturally spot a gold digger from miles...

Joke  

I honestly didn’t know he was well off when I first met him ! That was an added bonus ! 😂😎

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I honestly didn’t know he was well off when I first met him ! That was an added bonus ! 😂😎

I never saw the other post.  Also confirms that I'm not psychic.

It would be easy to be a fortune teller.

You'll be £30 less well off in the next minute.  Next!  

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I never saw the other post.  Also confirms that I'm not psychic.

It would be easy to be a fortune teller.

You'll be £30 less well off in the next minute.  Next!  

😂😂

Me and my friend were having a few pints in the pub after his dads funeral. We were talking and telling some stories about his dad when a guy who could have been his dads twin cycled past. Honesty if you sat this guy and my mates dad down next to each other I put wouldn’t be able to tell them apart. Was some freaky shit and I checked nobody had spiked my drink with LSD or something. 

13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

True. 

According to my dad the first question you asked was "What school did you go to?"......

If it was the "wrong" religion then it was cheerio time.

Thankfully times have changed. 

Yes good to see things have changed for the better in that respect .👍

luckyBatistuta

I randomly here the word no in my head and then not long after my wife will shout No!!!… happens regular, freaky

I’m hearing it again now

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

19 05 12

We'd all be rich if we had noticed this and bet accordingly. That said the result was priceless. 

Kaiser

05 19 12
Even if the Americans had been looking at that date .....

Edited by RobboM

Anyone else had a dream, that they have forgotten about, and some time later been in the location and circumstances of that dream? It seems to have happened to me a few times over the years, when I'm going about my business and think to myself that I've seen this situation before. 

More recently, when I was told about John Challis passing, I was convinced that I heard about it a few days earlier.

They say that the subconscious is a strange thing. Maybe it's just playing tricks on me.

Not happened for a while but reading something and the word you are at comes on the tv or radio at the exact same time.

Happened more a few times  

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Anyone else had a dream, that they have forgotten about, and some time later been in the location and circumstances of that dream? It seems to have happened to me a few times over the years, when I'm going about my business and think to myself that I've seen this situation before. 

More recently, when I was told about John Challis passing, I was convinced that I heard about it a few days earlier.

They say that the subconscious is a strange thing. Maybe it's just playing tricks on me.

I've been convinced for years that I had heard the song Paper Planes by MIA a good few years before it became popular from Slumdog Millionairre. 

On the looking at the clock/watch at a certain time, I often get that at 19:02, hasn't even changed now that they have won it more recently. Does that mean their win doesn't really count anymore?

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Watching Blind Date when I was a kid. The "lucky couple" got to choose via the sealed envelopes, where they were going.

Guy let the girl choose...naturally. I turned to my parents and said Blackpool.

Cilla opens it up and says: "You're off to Blackpool."

Don't know whose faces were more a picture. My parents, for me guessing a completely random place correctly. Or the look of dissapointment on the faces of the contestants.

Given that it was Blind Date, all of the envelopes probably contained "Blackpool".

Jacket worn by Cilla on Blind Date to appear at Beatles auction - Liverpool  Echo

Mate of mine posted a picture of some hipster twat going past in a Sinclair C5 last week (in Leith, obv).

Within twenty-four hours, the great Sir Clive was pronounced dead.

Guess these things must happen all the time. 

millerjames398
5 hours ago, fast_blood said:

On Christmas eve 2016 I was working as a barber and the shift was coming to an end and Last Christmas came on. I said to the other folk at work that I bet George Michael didn't have long left. He died the next day. Sorry George. 

So it was your fault🤬😂

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

19 05 12

It could have been 10

4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Not happened for a while but reading something and the word you are at comes on the tv or radio at the exact same time.

Happened more a few times  

As you posted earlier, it's all coincidence.

How many times have you been reading something and the word you are at does NOT come on the TV or radio at the same time?

Another favourite  is "I was thinking of my pal Jimmy and the phone rang. It was Jimmy!!  I must  be psychic."  How many times have you thought of Jimmy (or anyone else for that matter, and the phone did NOT ring.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As you posted earlier, it's all coincidence.

How many times have you been reading something and the word you are at does NOT come on the TV or radio at the same time?

Another favourite  is "I was thinking of my pal Jimmy and the phone rang. It was Jimmy!!  I must  be psychic."  How many times have you thought of Jimmy (or anyone else for that matter, and the phone did NOT ring.

Happened today.  Posted something for someone on another forum who was asking about music courses in leeds   

I posted about someone who is studying jazz down there.  It's the guys mother I know and haven't seen or heard from her on over a year.

Had a zoom meeting today with 8 others and she was there. 

Total coincidence.