Dot Count - Hearts v Livingston | 25th September 2021

JALBO

Should be easy to set up 

i stand by my suggestion that as an incentive to return a season ticket seat when you can’t make it, if the club manage to resell it, then the person gets £5 voucher for the club shop or £5 towards their next season ticket

a win win 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

On 22/09/2021 at 17:22, 151 said:

Just booked the 6 that have gone bang in the top centre of section X. Very top row of the Gorgie for the views :lol:

Surprised even got 6 seats together tbh, althouth the Roseburn would have had loads. 

Last game for a while due to being unvaccinated (not getting into the debate), which is really gutting but understandable if that is the rules, then that is the rules.

Will still be supporting the club through the FoH in the meantime, and will have my plaque on the wall soon that my Mrs got me for my birthday.

Hopefully back to winning ways on Saturday.

Likewise for me and my son, sad state of affairs but hey ho, will continue to visit the wee teams like we did at county last Saturday.

August Landmesser
On 23/09/2021 at 15:38, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Should be easy to set up 

i stand by my suggestion that as an incentive to return a season ticket seat when you can’t make it, if the club manage to resell it, then the person gets £5 voucher for the club shop or £5 towards their next season ticket

a win win 

You'd make £90 a season from that.

Edited by August Landmesser
shite maths

jambo-in-furness

Gone,,   are the days when,  the gate was the number of people who attended.

Swathes of unsold hospitality,  loads of seats where season ticket holders can’t make it.

once upon a time,  when 23000 or 5264 was in the stadium you could rest assured that was the number of people attending 

IMO. kudos to those doing the dot count but,  what a waste of time.

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Swathes of unsold hospitality,  loads of seats where season ticket holders can’t make it.

once upon a time,  when 23000 or 5264 was in the stadium you could rest assured that was the number of people attending 

Still, tickets sold = £££££‘s for the JTs 😁

14 minutes ago, brux said:

Gutted to be missing tomorrow, my sons game wins. 

I have a good feeling we will click tomorrow and win by 2 or 3 clear goals.

If only you had a daughter 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Apart from the ones who were lifted over the turnstyle.😍

3 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

They do a tickets bought and a bums on seat 👍🏻

10 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What does this mean in terms of predicted attendance? 400 odd tickets left doesn't mean much to me. 

It's all guesswork up to an extent, but trying to find a figure based on previous sales for the Aberdeen game, and working on the basis that Livingston will probably only bring at best 200 through for the game, I would think if we sell around 300 today we would end up at around 16,000. 

10 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Perhaps, but in the era of all-ticket games with a much high proportion of season ticket holders, I don't think the number of clicks at the turnstyle are as important to clubs as the number of tickets bought or distributed (or given away in the case of some clubs) for a game. Whether everyone can use the ticket that they've bought or been issued with is another matter. 

9 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Looks like they just opened up half of K for sale as well.

Yup, an additional 329 seats made available in Roseburn Section K last night.

Adding those in, that gives us 669 seats available for sale this morning. I'll do a final update around midday.

22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

It's all guesswork up to an extent, but trying to find a figure based on previous sales for the Aberdeen game, and working on the basis that Livingston will probably only bring at best 200 through for the game, I would think if we sell around 300 today we would end up at around 16,000. 

Given that Livi will bring 2 men and a drum, anything over 15k is pretty impressive

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

👍 Ideal cheers mate. Keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Perhaps, but in the era of all-ticket games with a much high proportion of season ticket holders, I don't think the number of clicks at the turnstyle are as important to clubs as the number of tickets bought or distributed (or given away in the case of some clubs) for a game. Whether everyone can use the ticket that they've bought or been issued with is another matter. 

Very true. Sales are the important thing to clubs. 

Just do what Hibs do…. sell 11000 tickets and announce a crowd of 14,000 plus.

Anyone who saw coverage of their home games this season will have saw this. 

Hopefully shift a few more today and pack it out. Looking forward to it, put a few half time shoutouts in too one for the Mrs' for her Sweet FA performance and one for my boys. 

Hopefully it clicks today. Would like to see McKay and Mackay-Steven.

538 left. Again, a number of seats have popped up this morning which appears to be unused season tickets released back for sale. It may not seem like much, but I reckon about 50 seats have popped up during the course of the week in this way - over a season, and particuarly when games are sold out, that's good money for the club.

I'll do a final final count at 1.30pm.

It would nice to grow the support in a sustainable way by a solid 3 or 4 thousand.

But if someone had told me when I was a kid, we'd have been getting 15-16 thousand for run of the mill games against teams without an away support, I wouldn't have believed it. 

13 minutes ago, pablo said:

It would nice to grow the support in a sustainable way by a solid 3 or 4 thousand.

But if someone had told me when I was a kid, we'd have been getting 15-16 thousand for run of the mill games against teams without an away support, I wouldn't have believed it. 

16,000 would be a very good attendance today if we manage to reach it. I think we got there once in 05/06, but not sure if it's happened against Livingston since.

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

16,000 would be a very good attendance today if we manage to reach it. I think we got there once in 05/06, but not sure if it's happened against Livingston since.

Ah right, I'm never that sure what the attendance will be if there is X amount of tickets left to sell. What's the predictions, will we break 15 thousand?

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Ah right, I'm never that sure what the attendance will be if there is X amount of tickets left to sell. What's the predictions, will we break 15 thousand?

it's really difficult to predict because we can't tell what's unsold in, say, hospitality, or if the club have held some seats back that we don't know about. But, based as best I can on what we can see, I think we'll be very close to 16,000 - either a little under or a little over.

22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

538 left. Again, a number of seats have popped up this morning which appears to be unused season tickets released back for sale. It may not seem like much, but I reckon about 50 seats have popped up during the course of the week in this way - over a season, and particuarly when games are sold out, that's good money for the club.

I'll do a final final count at 1.30pm.

I have just had a vision of you sitting in the back room of the Diggers, staring at a computer, while with one hand bashing away on an old calculator and blindly feeling for your pint with the other. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I have just had a vision of you sitting in the back room of the Diggers, staring at a computer, while with one hand bashing away on an old calculator and blindly feeling for your pint with the other. 🙂 

it's a far grander enterprise than that.... 🤣

dc_central.jpg

I don't imagine this will be a goal fest. Livi will set out to be stuffy and frustrate. We are having trouble converting chances. Hearts 2-1 Livingston.

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Just do what Hibs do…. sell 11000 tickets and announce a crowd of 14,000 plus.

Anyone who saw coverage of their home games this season will have saw this. 

chancers that lot.

3 hours ago, JALBO said: