The 70s return.

ri Alban

40 minutes ago, westbow said:

60's was where it was at.

45 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Great music but the 80s was the best. 

I was lucky to have grown up with 60's, 70's & 80's music, the best era music wise.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

As long as Hearts don't return to the standard of the 70's. 

The servers on here would literally melt with the rage & fury, some folks would never be able to cope.

17 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Did we have an ambulance crisis in the 70s as well?

We had every crisis in the 70s. People would be apoplectic nowadays when the power cuts happen at 10.30pm at night.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

We had every crisis in the 70s. People would be apoplectic nowadays when the power cuts happen at 10.30pm at night.

Im tucked up in bed long before 22:30 these days 😂

Just now, Section N Rules said:

Im tucked up in bed long before 22:30 these days 😂

Must be awful getting up for a piss in the dark though😄

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Keep the contents of your fridge/freezer to a minimum just in case.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I will keep the milk fresh by putting it in a saucepan of cold water.

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The way it's going that should be no problem.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will keep the milk fresh by putting it in a saucepan of cold water.

We'll be back on the UHT or the marvel milk.powder again 😂

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stock up on tinned food and rice, pasta and other dried food.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If needs must I’ll burn the maids and gardeners. 

That's a waste, do it right and cook them over a slow fire, drain the fat for use in the oil lamps and then eat the flesh, hell make sure you get your moneys worth out of the plebs.  👍

47 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Stock up on tinned food and rice, pasta and other dried food.

Where ya shopping? Our shops up here have very little on the shelves 😒

15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Better go out and buy a transistor, wind up alarm clock and a torch.

Can remember helping my grandfather make candles.

image.jpeg.f90f00301f04e1c86b0c23db3863b6d6.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The way it's going that should be no problem.

We'll be back on the UHT or the marvel milk.powder again 😂

🤣🤣 

Its all good though BJ said its only a short term problem. ****ing insane that in 2021 we have shops with no food and people have to choose between food and warmth. On a positive note Co2 suppliers have started production again So poultry might come back on the shelves. 

Where are people having food shortages?!?

I went to a different shop today for my big shop and it was the same as the one I usually go to... absolutely plenty of food.

Am I just being really and people are actually struggling to buy food or is it all media drama?

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I went to a different shop today for my big shop and it was the same as the one I usually go to... absolutely plenty of food.

Am I just being really and people are actually struggling to buy food or is it all media drama?

No theres loads of shops where the shelves are empty. Not sure down in Edinburgh or that but up in Aberdeen and the shire , Aldis and Lidl are struggling then Asda/Tescos etc are starting to have big gaps on shelves

Nucky Thompson
Just now, sadj said:

No theres loads of shops where the shelves are empty. Not sure down in Edinburgh or that but up in Aberdeen and the shire , Aldis and Lidl are struggling then Asda/Tescos etc are starting to have big gaps on shelves

No food shortages doon here in Edinburgh. A couple of empty shelves with random items granted.

I never saw any at all when I was in Berwick at the weekend.

Maybe it's a UK government conspiracy to starve the Scots :biggrin2:

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's a media drama as far as I am concerned. I haven't had to go without.

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Same. Assume it can't be completely made up but not sure exactly where it's happening. 

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No food shortages doon here in Edinburgh. A couple of empty shelves with random items granted.

There's certainly a few lines that appear to be out of stock down here too but until there's not enough food to go around it just feels a bit OTT the way it's being portrayed.

Not having certain things doesn't equal a food shortage...you just eat something else that is in stock. It is a concern though if it continues to get worse, I've just not really noticed it yet 👍

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's certainly a few lines that appear to be out of stock down here too but until there's not enough food to go around it just feels a bit OTT the way it's being portrayed.

Not having certain things doesn't equal a food shortage...you just eat something else that is in stock. It is a concern though if it continues to get worse, I've just not really noticed it yet 👍

I couldn't even tell you what was on the one or two empty shelves that I saw. I've always been able to buy what I wanted

Edited by Nucky Thompson

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

🤣

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Our local co-op is prob missing on a good day half of its ambient food lines and most of its its fresh stuff , Im not sure if its lack of food or lack of transport though. What you lot are saying would suggest for now its maybe the latter. 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I couldn't even tell you what was on the one or two empty shelves that I saw. I've always been able to but what I wanted

Prob just doesnt affect Marks and Spencers Tory range well aside from their posh dogs 😉

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣

Our local co-op is prob missing on a good day half of its ambient food lines and most of its its fresh stuff , Im not sure if its lack of food or lack of transport though. What you lot are saying would suggest for now its maybe the latter. 

In fairness, my local co-op would see that as BAU from my experience, so I'd be none the wiser going into mine 😂

I don't use a shopping list or get online deliveries where I'm expecting certain things so I'm maybe missing more things being out of stock as if it isn't there to be picked up I'm probably not cognisant of it's unavailability.

Got the big shop in at lunch today...freezer filled to bursting so I'll make it a while yet fortunately. Maybe should have got more tinned goods though just in case!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The servers on here would literally melt with the rage & fury, some folks would never be able to cope.

:pleasing:

Lets see what these big girl's blouse, nancy boys are made of.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

My local co-op is the same, been like that for over 3 months now, before the Euros it began to run out of stuff and still is, yesterday no fresh meat to be had, today plenty, but there was little to no fruit & veg today, last week plenty and so on, been like this for over 3 months now.

The bigger supermarkets Asda, Tesco & Aldi in Galashiels always seem to have plenty food, might be the odd line here and there with either low or no stock but it is only a few lines. 

As others have said it's the fecking media stirring up the scaremongering again, in fact I'm fairly sure footage they showed the other day on Sky News showing empty shelves was the same or similar footage which they showed back at the very start of the pandemic when the bog roll hoarders were in full flow.