Septic

Sertse

3 hours ago, His name is said:

he could easily loose the dressing room.

Tbf Parkhead is a big ground, I could see that happening.
I got lost after an Easter Rd derby, and I lived in Leith Walk at the time.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

indianajones

Victims of historical abuse at Celtic Boys Club are planning to launch a "class action" against Celtic in one of the first cases of its kind in Scotland.

The US-style legal action could see the club face a multi-million pound damages claim.

About 25 people are involved in the bid for compensation.

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Victims of historical abuse at Celtic Boys Club are planning to launch a "class action" against Celtic in one of the first cases of its kind in Scotland.

The US-style legal action could see the club face a multi-million pound damages claim.

The reputational damage of this is massive and enduring.

bringonthesevco
12 hours ago, indianajones said:

25 so far but they’ve made an open appeal for others to come forward , if people now see it as a class action as opposed to them as an individual against Celtic - more cases could well emerge …

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

25 so far but they’ve made an open appeal for others to come forward , if people now see it as a class action as opposed to them as an individual against Celtic - more cases could well emerge …

I brought this up a year ago and ended up with  a ban, there is/was one test case with about 25 behind it.  It would scare me as to how many survivors there are actualy?  Celtic will have ring fenced money around this,   Fighting in the courts would only be adding more misery to these people, and .  that would be a massive PR disaster for them even if they win it.

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I brought this up a year ago and ended up with  a ban, there is/was one test case with about 25 behind it.  It would scare me as to how many survivors there are actualy?  Celtic will have ring fenced money around this,   Fighting in the courts would only be adding more misery to these people, and .  that would be a massive PR disaster for them even if they win it.

Winning on a technicality, that organisationally they were different entities really wouldn't look good. 

And would be very disrespectful to survivors. 

They are a club obsessed with their image... There is no good outcome for them.

Actually there is... Take responsibility. Take the initiative and hand out compensation / damages. 

But they won't. They'll try to wriggle out of it. 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Winning on a technicality, that organisationally they were different entities really wouldn't look good. 

And would be very disrespectful to survivors. 

They are a club obsessed with their image... There is no good outcome for them.

Actually there is... Take responsibility. Take the initiative and hand out compensation / damages. 

But they won't. They'll try to wriggle out of it. 

Correct. This will start in court. When it comes apparent that Celtic might be looking at millions in compensation they don't have, then they will be doing their utmost to settle out of court.

Whether in court or out, Celtic will not come out of this very well with right thinking people. Their PR machine is already in overdrive. Was only on page 8 of the Scottish version of the Metro today. I can't comment on any other Scottish daily or Scottish version of an English daily, but I will hazard a guess that it wasn't front page headline or news on many if any.

Imho if any Scottish media does not give this the headlines it deserves then they are just as complicit as Celtic.

Forever Hearts

For those of you buying the Celtic lie that Celtic and the Boys Club were separate entities, check out "Spotlight" on Twitter. You'll soon get your eyes opened.  

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When it comes apparent that Celtic might be looking at millions in compensation they don't have, then they will be doing their utmost to settle out of court.

Yes, subject to the signing of NDAs of course.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

For those of you buying the Celtic lie that Celtic and the Boys Club were separate entities, check out "Spotlight" on Twitter. You'll soon get your eyes opened.  

I grew up on the west of Scotland on 70s and 80s. 

The connections were as clear as day.