• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

30 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They were same at Solheim cup but the European women silenced them from start by playing top class golf and winning games.

With odd exception, the men look like bursting into tears and shitting themselves. 

If they get booed, then point out culprits and give them some back.

They have to be stronger than this.

GettyImages-1235053294-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I like Justin Thomas. Why on earth he's whooping and screaming like a prick, who knows.

Think he had every right there to be honest. This game should have been done and dusted by now.

I just feel like this European team is at the end of its day's whereas the US team has lots of hungry young players. Kind of like where we were around 2010. Funny to think that I was getting bored with our ryder cup victories and welcomed challenge and now I'm worried the US are about to become dominant.

Too many putts missed, unlucky bounces of the ball etc but the reality is that the US have great players. Long drivers, great putters. We're being totally outclassed and if it continues to Sunday it won't last too long unfortunately 

Edited by Aaron78

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, JWL said:

Think he had every right there to be honest. This game should have been done and dusted by now.

But it isn't him, that's not how he plays. It's all show. Encouraging the twats who support US isn't what it's supposed to be about.

Samuel Camazzola

Hatton and Rahm should have had that match sewn up. The US got huge fortune at times and hung in. 

Fleetwood and Hovland's match should have been done and dusted three holes ago. Fleetwood let them off with a couple of misses from makeable putts. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I just feel like this European team is at the end of its day's whereas the US team has lots of hungry young players. Kind of like where we were around 2010. Funny to think that I was getting bored with our ryder cup victories and welcomed challenge and now I'm worried the US are about to become dominant.

Too many putts missed, unlucky bounces of the ball etc but the reality is that the US have great players. Long drivers, great putters. We're being totally outclassed and if it continues to Sunday it won't last too long unfortunately 

We have players coming through, but Padraig picked his mates and unfortunately players like McIlroy, Westwood, Lowry and Fitzpatrick are way out of form. They got points ages ago and couldn't be shifted.

McIntyre, Wallace, Perez are coming into reckoning and there are others.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hatton and Rahm should have had that match sewn up. The US got huge fortune at times and hung in. 

Fleetwood and Hovland's match should have been done and dusted three holes ago. Fleetwood let them off with a couple of misses from makeable putts. 

They weren't just makeable, they were, for these players, easy putts. He shat them.

51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

My European foursomes tomorrow

Rahm/Garcia

Haveland/Fleetwood

Hatton/Fitzpatrick

Weisberger/Poulter

If Harrington picks McIlroy or Casey, then no point in watching.

Lowry for fitz only change

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We have players coming through, but Padraig picked his mates and unfortunately players like McIlroy, Westwood, Lowry and Fitzpatrick are way out of form. They got points ages ago and couldn't be shifted.

These two have a lot to do to get to the level needed. I like Bob and he could be in the mix for Italy but needs to step it up. 

Perez looked the business last year and was just caught up by others. 

If Thomas Pieters can find a way to putt to a respectable standard, he is a top level player. 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I completely agree. At medinah I put money on the European team on the Saturday at 33/1 because I knew the quality we had. There were no weak points and everyone added something.  This time it's possible that mcilory, casey, lowry, Westwood, poulter bring nothing to the table. I really hope I'm wrong and when I get home from tynie it's looking better. If not, the aj fight is going on. Win win lol 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But it isn't him, that's not how he plays. It's all show. Encouraging the twats who support US isn't what it's supposed to be about.

Fair shout. Don't think the players have been too bad but the crowd, probably as expected, have been obnoxious arseholes and no requirement for further encouragement.

Just now, Aaron78 said:

I completely agree. At medinah I put money on the European team on the Saturday at 33/1 because I knew the quality we had. There were no weak points and everyone added something.  This time it's possible that mcilory, casey, lowry, Westwood, poulter bring nothing to the table. I really hope I'm wrong and when I get home from tynie it's looking better. If not, the aj fight is going on. Win win lol 

Agree that shower are all too comfortable and lack the real hunger and desire you can see in the USA eyes

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

These two have a lot to do to get to the level needed. I like Bob and he could be in the mix for Italy but needs to step it up. 

Perez looked the business last year and was just caught up by others. 

If Thomas Pieters can find a way to putt to a respectable standard, he is a top level player. 

At least they can get better though, if they show hunger. Westwood, Poulter, Garcia and McIlroy are busted.

God, forgot Casey. Never want to see him in Ryder cup again.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Noren might have been a shout as well

Yep, good shout. Needs to buckle down, avoid the glammer and sideshow and get back to his golf.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

At least they can get better though, if they show hunger. Westwood, Poulter, Garcia and McIlroy are busted.

I'd disagree. Westwood is the current Race to Dubai champion and performed at the top level this season at Bay Hill and Sawgrass. Plus, this is a different game. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd disagree. Westwood is the current Race to Dubai champion and performed at the top level this season at Bay Hill and Sawgrass. Plus, this is a different game. 

He can't play 5 rounds in three days. That is what is required and he's simply too old. He will be well past it by next Ryder cup.

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Keep the faith. That lead can be chipped into but can't go into Sunday by more than four behind. 

Hope so but I have a pretty bad feeling about how this is going to go 

too many strong and more importantly in form Sherman’s to make up any sort of deficit on Sunday

Tomorrow is make or break for us

Pasquale for King

What an awful performance, apart from Rahm/Garcia/Hatton and Hovland. Poor pairings, some truly woeful putting, vice captains not doing their job either. Yet they’re all sweetness and light afterwards. 
We don’t need a miracle, it’s something akin to biblical proportions to save this match. 

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What an awful performance, apart from Rahm/Garcia/Hatton and Hovland. Poor pairings, some truly woeful putting, vice captains not doing their job either. Yet they’re all sweetness and light afterwards. 
We don’t need a miracle, it’s something akin to biblical proportions to save this match. 

How do you know and it what way? 

6-2 couldve been a lot worse, fair play to hatton - boy I thought wouldnt make even a half point.

Harrington needs to tell rory hes out tomorrow, absolutely woeful drives and putting.4 behind, need teams spot on for this.

Apart from Rahm and Hovland, what other European has came through past 5 years?

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strange decision. Let's hope it all changes around.

Paul just needs a spark. He's a fantastic golfer.

Malinga the Swinga

Fleetwood left out after battling to half point, despite missing some putts. Casey back in again despite pathetic performances in both yesterday's sessions.

Unless it turns around this morning, Harrington has a lot to answer for.

Use captains picks on Lowry and Poulter yet doesn't trust them to play, at best, more than half the games. Insipid leadership.

As hard a day as it gets but any win over day 2 and day 3 and there wont be much in it.  Conversely,  it's beginning to look like this will be one of those Ryder Cups when USA will likely be all over them in the singles so it could get messy.  Lose day 2 and it could get to the 19-9 kind of stage.

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

That looks like 3-1 to me again, can only see Garcia & Rahm possibly getting a point.

Wouldn't be shocked if Hovland and Bernd picked up a win

5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Wouldn't be shocked if Hovland and Bernd picked up a win

Yeah possibly don't know much about them if honest, think we might be seeing a team age in front of us unfortunately I just don't think Westwood, Poulter, Casey  etc have the same kind of impact anymore.

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong tomorrow night though.

28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm glad I'm not a betting man as I said 15-13 Europe. 

I said Europe as well but did predict that the veteran Europe players would be key.  Garcia has done ok but Westwood and Poulter may now be a shade off what's required.  McIlroy and Casey are also veterans and both can be very poor when they're not fully up and at it.  Casey's a fantastic player at his best and a hard competitor so I have no problem with him but McIlroy always strikes me as a half-arsed coaster.

Maybe this time it will prove to be an unfortunate mix of fading veterans,  inexperienced newcomers and nobody on top form,  Rahm aside I suppose.

Cant believe Casey has been picked again😒

Nothing against him personally but he is patently out of form , not holed any putts of importance over the two days,and is also known as a bit of a choker at times.

Must have pictures of Harrington😂

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

If McIlroy has any pride he will get stuck in this afternoon as I'm sure he will be picked for the fourball. 

Two bad defeats.  5&3 and 4&3.  Both could have been even worse.  If he comes out later and has another similar defeat he'll be setting some kind of record since the bad old days of the US vs GB days.  

54 minutes ago, steve123 said:

That looks like 3-1 to me again, can only see Garcia & Rahm possibly getting a point.

Stricker looks like he is going for the kill with that lineup