Ryder Cup

Vlad Magic

It’s here guys and gals.

Whistling Straits Wisconsin. 

For me and hopefully a few on here one of the sporting weekends on the calendar.

12 players going toe to toe with the opposition in classic match play golf. 

USA clear favourites being on home soil but never ever underestimate Europe!!!!

Can not wait for it to start👍

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

US travel ban for the EU has been dropped. Maybe a little too late for most to get out there, I guess there's no tickets left anyway.

Going to be a big home crowd that'll not have much etiquette.

Nail on head.  Never,  ever underestimate Europe,  yet they always are at every staging of the Ryder Cup.  2/1 odds is a bit silly,  albeit I can see the whole thing hinging on how well Europe's veteran players do.

1 hour ago, kila said:

US travel ban for the EU has been dropped. Maybe a little too late for most to get out there, I guess there's no tickets left anyway.

It's being dropped in November, so unless there are serious rain delays I don't think we'll be seeing the Guardians of the Cup out there.

Byyy The Light

Cannot wait for this!

US strong team on paper but pairings going to be difficult for them with some big personality clashes. Brooks and the fans could clash too so a lot going on!

Looking forward to seeing how Hovland is used by Padraig. 

Looking forward to it. But sadly it'll be a quick victory for the USA, because Paddy is hopeless and has picked some blowhards . And having no fans to help them.

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Looking forward to it. But sadly it'll be a quick victory for the USA, because Paddy is hopeless and has picked some blowhards . And having no fans to help them.

:vrface:Picks that included a recent Open Champion who was on the fringes of an automatic place and a record points holder who's one of the ball strikers around and in decent form. 

Who should have got the picks? Bob, Richie and Laird? 😄

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

:vrface:Picks that included a recent Open Champion who was on the fringes of an automatic place and a record points holder who's one of the ball strikers around and in decent form. 

Rose should have been a certainty.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Rose should have been a certainty.

Harrington was in a fortunate position where he had depth to choose from. Stenson had shown form and consistency over the last month and would have put his name in the mix. 

This is matchplay and a different game altogether. A pairing could go off in match 1 and find themselves 3 up early doors. The same pairing could be selected in match 2, play the same game and be all square. The margins are that fine. 

Europe's ust looks to have a better team set up. The US have small groups who mingle but will be interesting to see how they operate as a team. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Scottish boys haven't been playing to great. 

And Rose was world number 1 when Bluto won the open. Hamilton, Curtis and Laurie are open champions , anaw. Not great are they 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Harrington was in a fortunate position where he had depth to choose from. Stenson had shown form and consistency over the last month and would have put his name in the mix. 

This is matchplay and a different game altogether. A pairing could go off in match 1 and find themselves 3 up early doors. The same pairing could be selected in match 2, play the same game and be all square. The margins are that fine. 

Europe's ust looks to have a better team set up. The US have small groups who mingle but will be interesting to see how they operate as a team. 

Poulter is in on past cups. Rose was 6th at Wentworth, Ian missed the cut.  I like Ian but he shouldn't be there.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It's being dropped in November, so unless there are serious rain delays I don't think we'll be seeing the Guardians of the Cup out there.

Who? 

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Poulter is in on past cups. Rose was 6th at Wentworth, Ian missed the cut.  I like Ian but he shouldn't be there.

If Rose had got the nod, it still would have been a strong side. Poulter is in for his experience but also note he was higher up the world points list. 

There were a few who could have nabbed one of the last automatic places as Perez and Lowry were not far away. 

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If Rose had got the nod, it still would have been a strong side. Poulter is in for his experience but also note he was higher up the world points list. 

There were a few who could have nabbed one of the last automatic places as Perez and Lowry were not far away. 

Anyway, I'm Looking forward to big Jon rattling a few US cages. :D

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Who? 

Twats who dress up in blue and yellow and come along with their 'humorous' songs. 

They won't be missed. 😉 

21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Scottish boys haven't been playing to great. 

And Rose was world number 1 when Bluto won the open. Hamilton, Curtis and Laurie are open champions , anaw. Not great are they 

Paul Lawrie, not great...

Claimed three and a half points on his Ryder Cup debut in 1999 and played a major role in the 2012 win at Medinah, particularly in the singles where he defeated Brandt Snedeker 5&3 as Europe roared to a famous comeback.

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Twats who dress up in blue and yellow and come along with their 'humorous' songs. 

They won't be missed. 😉 

Bit like the Tartan Army……

:whistling: 

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

Paul Lawrie, not great...

Claimed three and a half points on his Ryder Cup debut in 1999 and played a major role in the 2012 win at Medinah, particularly in the singles where he defeated Brandt Snedeker 5&3 as Europe roared to a famous comeback.

Was handed the Open. You don't have to be to great to win a major, just hope the rest are worse than you.

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't and won't pay the extra money to Sky via Virgin for Sky Sports so once again I'll not be seeing it live. 

8FF38CCC-B3DF-45EC-9127-512034651AB7.gif

39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was handed the Open. You don't have to be to great to win a major, just hope the rest are worse than you.

Handed the Open? 10 shots behind on the last day, carded a 67 on a brutal Carnoustie to contest a play-off. Hit a four iron second shot to four feet on the 18th and sank the putt for The Open and champion golfer of the year. There is greatness everywhere in that win...

Edited by OBE

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Handed the Open? 10 shots behind on the last day, carded a 67 on a brutal Carnoustie to contest a play-off. Hit a four iron second shot to four feet on the 18th and sank the putt for The Open and champion golfer of the year. There is greatness everywhere in that win...

Yes, it is a total misconception that Lawrie didn't "win" that open, Van de Velde lost it. Yes, JVDV had a total brain fart but Lawrie still had to get the job done and he did it in style.

Can't wait. Think Harrington was in a difficult position with regards to his picks. Sergio was always making it and so was his mate Lowry so that just really left Rose and Poulter to choose. Think Poulter's record in Ryder Cup won him the pick but I believe it could have gone either way and don't have an issue with it.

Having said that, I can't see anything bar a win for USA but you really never know. We've been underdogs many times before and came through superbly to triumph. Hopefully the comments from Koepka not being a team player and DeChambeau not exactly well liked amongst the US players will work in our favour.

Good time to be working from home and the only golf I'll miss will be during the game on Saturday. Bring it on!

4 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Yes, it is a total misconception that Lawrie didn't "win" that open, Van de Velde lost it. Yes, JVDV had a total brain fart but Lawrie still had to get the job done and he did it in style.

People also underestimate how well Van de Velde played until his 'moment'. Watched the 1999 Ryder Cup yesterday and both VDV and Lawrie were in it with Lawrie being one of the few European wins on the last day. Still blame Mark James for not playing 3 players until that final day, colossal error.

Malinga the Swinga

Personally would have had Rose instead of Garcia. Not sure Garcia is up to level required when pressure is on anymore, but look forward to finding out.

The Solheim cup was fantastic viewing and the European team showed how to silent home support. It's now up to men's team to follow example showed by women.

Will Harrington be a good captain, can the old guys do it one more time or will US rookies be too strong.

Head says US but hoping Europe do job.

10 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Ryder Cup, like the Masters (and Rory McIlroy) is totally overhyped by Sky.

(And I speak as someone who’s been to a RC.)

Everything is overhyped by Sky.

The Ryder Cup is still superb.

51 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

The Ryder Cup is fantastic and golf is far more suited to being watched on TV than in person.

15 hours ago, kila said:

Is it not over 200 pounds a ticket for the weekend, i will pass.

41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Is it not over 200 pounds a ticket for the weekend, i will pass.

😆😆😆😆😆

It's a long walk right enough.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That worked well for the US women in the Solheim Cup. Write Europe off at your peril. It will once again come down to the singles. If Europe don't have at least a two point lead going into the singles then Europe could be in trouble.

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That worked well for the US women in the Solheim Cup. Write Europe off at your peril. It will once again come down to the singles. If Europe don't have at least a two point lead going into the singles then Europe could be in trouble.

Europe were 4 points down going into the singles at Medinha. Not having a 2 point lead won't rattle the team too much.

Away down south on holiday from Monday thought it would be a good idea to go a day early staying in a hotel and putting the dug in the kennel for a extra night booked it turned on sky last night watching the captains interviews really excited for it and then realised I will miss Sundays singles 😂😂😂 ( and the final ep of vigil ) 😂

4 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

They do go a bit OTT sky but they do that with everything  the EPL and Joshua is the worst throw in the fascination over Noel always on TV when it comes to Man City. Rory is not an exception he is just cringy I cannot stand the little scrotum but that gets left aside for the Ryder Cup 😂

17 hours ago, Jeff said:

Thomas will be their best player I'd imagine

I'm thinking the same Thomas will be their best shortly followed by Schauffele.

Europe I'm not too sure I'd say Rahm but he has has a few bad weeks ( since the Scottish open when he gave me a fist pump walking to the putting green he has been mince 😂 )  Casey or Lowery . 

Can't wait for it Padrig was class in his interview last night saying if its 40K american fans and no Europeans or no fans at all every day of the week he would take the American fans.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The Ryder Cup is fantastic and golf is far more suited to being watched on TV than in person.

I'll agree with this.

A relaxing afternoon in the pub watching the final couple of rounds is a pleasure.

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm thinking the same Thomas will be their best shortly followed by Schauffele.

Europe I'm not too sure I'd say Rahm but he has has a few bad weeks ( since the Scottish open when he gave me a fist pump walking to the putting green he has been mince 😂 )  Casey or Lowery . 

Can't wait for it Padrig was class in his interview last night saying if its 40K american fans and no Europeans or no fans at all every day of the week he would take the American fans.

If the first bump was on the Saturday I was standing right beside you

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Europe were 4 points down going into the singles at Medinha. Not having a 2 point lead won't rattle the team too much.

If Europe are 4pts down going into the singles this time round, then I am afraid they are losing.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

If the first bump was on the Saturday I was standing right beside you

😂😂😂😂 it was indeed haha I recorded it too I have a video of it . Told my mate I’d get it done he said to me no chance the security would have the ropes up wouldn’t get too close I got round the back and was at the entrance 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂😂😂😂 it was indeed haha I recorded it too I have a video of it . Told my mate I’d get it done they told me no chance 😂😂 

Yeah I witnessed you doing it then haha. I was across the other side of the entrance to the putting green then wandered to the 2nd when he tee'd off

5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yeah I witnessed you doing it then haha. I was across the other side of the entrance to the putting green then wandered to the 2nd when he tee'd off

I gave him no choice really standing in his road and a sky camera behind him following through the car park 😂 

I was saying to my dad at the time he will go on and have a solid round or it will go to shit after fist pumping me I’m sure he then goes and bogeys the first 😂

Edited by Stu_HMFC

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I gave him no choice really standing in his road and a sky camera behind him following through the car park 😂 

I was saying to my dad at the time he will go on and have a solid round or it will go to shit after fist pumping me I’m sure he then goes and bogeys the first 😂

Think he 3 putted the par 5 3rd as well

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

The Ryder Cup provides more entertainment and drama than any top level (overhyped) football tournament. 

Ryder cup not just about good golf, is it? There is pairings to consider, who plays in what format, where in the Sunday singles draw the assumed big-guns are placed. Europe (thanks to people like Seve) now have the belief that they can go toe-to-toe on any soil. On paper, USA team looks very good but, do they have the genuine passion that Europe now posses in ♠️'s ?

Match-play golf, there isn't enough. Strategic drives, lay-ups, pitches and successful putts all receive roars of appreciation from educated crowds. Medal play is dull as dishwater, if someone is 4/5 shots ahead on the back 9, i.e. the recent Dutch Open...boak!

I only have one concern in this European team...Mr Hatton, I do hope, he doesn't decide mid-round, his clubs are too long...:thumbsup:

C/mon Paddy, players, caddies & the European restricted support...it's a daunting task but, it is, The Ryder Cup...🍀

Edited by OBE