Strangest/Weirdest/Most ridiculous online purchase

Morgan

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought online?  

Keep it clean, this is a family show.  😁

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

They would have been better off buying 6 bottles of breast milk from Jordan the ahem, 'model'

Not ridiculous but absolutely pointless. Went through a stage of growing my hair last year and bought a hair band from Amazon. It arrived and i shaved my head the next day 😂

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Pointless commenting then really 😂

Thought I was buying edibles online once to realise later I was only buying empty packets (Could sell them on if somebody wants to stick gummy bears in them and flog them on to some unsuspecting student??). Thankfully most of my drunken online adventures are limited to JKB.

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Not ridiculous but absolutely pointless. Went through a stage of growing my hair last year and bought a hair band from Amazon. It arrived and i shaved my head the next day 😂

I’ve got a few of them too 😂 hair during lockdown put them on looked in mirror looked a dick got it cut 😂

I'm much to sensible for such things.

A mate at work bought an 85" Samdung telly when he was wrecked and didn't know anything about it until he got notification of delivery by email. 

My Mum bought me AstroTurf Trainers many moons ago from her catalogue. 

I'd said I needed new ones and she tells me " Oh, there's a deal for them in my catalogue....Puma I think"

"Are you sure it's Puma?"

"Yes, they have a big cat on the side"

So I say yes please. Two weeks later the box arrives, says Puma on the box so I'm relieved only to open the box and to find they're bright red.

Coloured boots were not a big thing yet and I'm panicking now because I'm not good enough for red boots.

First time I wore them and everyone called me Dorothy. 

Konrad von Carstein
8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

My Mum bought me AstroTurf Trainers many moons ago from her catalogue. 

I'd said I needed new ones and she tells me " Oh, there's a deal for them in my catalogue....Puma I think"

"Are you sure it's Puma?"

"Yes, they have a big cat on the side"

So I say yes please. Two weeks later the box arrives, says Puma on the box so I'm relieved only to open the box and to find they're bright red.

Coloured boots were not a big thing yet and I'm panicking now because I'm not good enough for red boots.

First time I wore them and everyone called me Dorothy. 

User name change... Stat!! :lol:

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

I pished in the River Jordan after a few bevvies once.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Bought two massive TVs. North Korean brand - there were still dissidents' finger nails and hair in the boxes when they arrived.

Anyway, push comes to shove and I thought, I don't need these. Put them on Gumtree for a pound each and some American guy calls and takes them off my hands. Said he knew some folk who would go daft for them.

Years ago my brother bought me a TV for my new house.

It was advertised as an A rated Television. 

It arrived with a big dent and scratches on the top. When he initially tried to return it they said it was exactly what he bought. An A rated Television apparently might have some cosmetic damage according them and we should have known that!!!!

13 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’ve got a few of them too 😂 hair during lockdown put them on looked in mirror looked a dick got it cut 😂

Glad I wasn't the only one 😂

4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Glad I wasn't the only one 😂

A young lad in my office started to grow his hair last year when the Barbers were closed, He has still not had his hair cut just looks a utter mess. The last time he got his hair cut he got blonde highlights in his hair . It just looks stupid and he said he will not get it cut any time soon . He uses the headbands and what makes it 10 times worse he has the John McGylnn specs on the ones what go dark in the sun or sunlight. 

14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

A young lad in my office started to grow his hair last year when the Barbers were closed, He has still not had his hair cut just looks a utter mess. The last time he got his hair cut he got blonde highlights in his hair . It just looks stupid and he said he will not get it cut any time soon . He uses the headbands and what makes it 10 times worse he has the John McGylnn specs on the ones what go dark in the sun or sunlight. 

Wrong 'un. 

Салатные палочки

A t shirt which said "DRUM & BASS" on it and had a picture of Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney.

Edit. Sorry I thought the title was best ever online purchase. 

In all honesty I'm quite boring and don't really make daft, drunken online purchases. But my parents had a QVC card in the 90s and it was always a good laugh when a courier turned up with a massive box that contained my dad's latest drunken purchase. 

Guy at work bought a second hand bike for his wife on eBay. Didn’t realise (drunk) that it was actually a container of bikes

he was at work when this flat bed turns up and he gets call from the missus all irate! They lived in a tiny terraced house with no garden. he sent us a photo of him and his her on the sofa, with about 9 bicycles around them. One behind the telly, propped up in the dining room etc. Kids, adults, all sorts. He was laughing and her face was thunder 🤣🤣

Doctor FinnBarr

I came back from the pub a few years back and won an auction for a Ford engined trike on ebay, 3k it cost me. Thankfully the guy was looking for someone with previous buying history which I had none so I got knocked back. Thank ****, it was bright and I mean BRIGHT green.