Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

The latest statement is heading in the right direction. We can't just jump to government's tune that's on/off in the same day. It's cos they said so, is not good enough for me, we are a community club that was going to exclude part of the community without any comment apart from" we are following guidelines". Unvaxxed were not welcome this morning and now they are, how's the club looking after fans never mind the health of fans here? 

Most businesses try to avoid breaking the law. 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye, I was on his bus a few times. Left from the green tree and the dug was the most sensible one on it. 

🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You still going on and on. 

It's only because the APP doesn't work really. 

And Government gave it a bit more time to start properly. Do we have evidence of loads of people getting Covid from Tynecastle last week?

Waiting on Neil getting back to me

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, escobri said:

The latest statement is heading in the right direction. We can't just jump to government's tune that's on/off in the same day. It's cos they said so, is not good enough for me, we are a community club that was going to exclude part of the community without any comment apart from" we are following guidelines". Unvaxxed were not welcome this morning and now they are, how's the club looking after fans never mind the health of fans here? 

The only way to answer that is to use the words  that you don't want to hear, i.e. they are following the guidelines, which for tomorrow have been changed to allow entry to all. I don't think the club had any say in what the government decided should be the criteria for entry, either before or after the change of mind today. I suspect if the whole vaccine passport thingummy had been merely a suggestion from the government rather than an instruction the club may have taken a different approach and ignored the suggestion, but again it goes back to what we don't know, i.e. what the governemtn could do if the club didn't comply with any guidelines given to them.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, jonesy said:

So, no need for anything other than ticket/ST and getting behind the team tomorrow? Good stuff.

Actually, getting behind the team is optional.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Have you read how long it takes to get a paper copy. Instead of defending the indefensible, why not admit the government messed up big time

I requested my paper copy on Monday afternoon. 

It popped through my letter box on Wednesday morning. 

Most people who applied will tell you the same. 

They may have ****ed up the App but the delivery of paper copies has been excellent. 

You now have no excuse not to get your documents in time for the next game. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, no need for anything other than ticket/ST and getting behind the team tomorrow? Good stuff.

I was thinking of the missing posters ready to share their expertise in the event it's not a comfortable win. 

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My vaccine makes me boo.

Look on the bright side, it might have made you poo, and if you didn't want to miss any of the game it could have involved additional expense in trying to source adult size pampers :)

Footballfirst

From Andy Smith, Chairman of the Scottish Football Supporters Association (and a Jambo)

Vaccine Passports are All Over Europe and Working

But you won’t read about that or hear much on the news.

The EU Digital Covid Certificate is now in all 28 member states and a dozen more non-EU countries including Israel and Panama.
It is the new normal to millions across the world and is working fine.

Indeed last week, in Amsterdam, Ajax played in front of 50,000 vaccine-passported fans as did Feyenoord down the road in Rotterdam.
My pal Charlie was at the Johann Cruyff Stadium, and they coped by telling fans to arrive early and opening more gates.
Charlie said the only downside was it was all slower but he is in favour of his VP because of the peace of mind it brings.
Public opinion across Europe is now firmly in favour of the EU vaccine passports.

Not because people want them but because they have helped defeat lockdown.

And in case you don’t avidly read the Daily Telegraph there was a ‘briefed’ article a few days ago where an unnamed UK ‘Foreign Office Spokesman’ said

We have applied to link into the EU’s Digital Covid Certification scheme. Linking with it will enable us to digitally verify each other’s Covid certificates’.

Our Boris further supported his old employers by putting a marker in the friendly Telegraph pages and saying, ‘Vaccine passports could be used as a Plan B if Covid stretches NHS capacity again’.

So, all over Europe, carrying the vaccine passports has become the new normal and this weekend Spanish grounds will revert to full vaccine-passported capacity too.

We just don’t hear about it much in Blighty.

Edited by Footballfirst

been here before
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Im taking my false papers just in case. Itll be good to know if they pass muster.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From Andy Smith, Chairman of the Scottish Football Supporters Association (and a Jambo)

The EU Digital Covid Certificate is now in all 28 member states and a dozen more non-EU countries including Israel and Panama.

Indeed last week, in Amsterdam, Ajax played in front of 50,000 vaccine-passported fans as did Feyenoord down the road in Rotterdam.
My pal Charlie was at the Johann Cruyff Stadium, and they coped by telling fans to arrive early and opening more gates.
Charlie said the only downside was it was all slower but he is in favour of his VP because of the peace of mind it brings.
Public opinion across Europe is now firmly in favour of the EU vaccine passports.

And in case you don’t avidly read the Daily Telegraph there was a ‘briefed’ article a few days ago where an unnamed UK ‘Foreign Office Spokesman’ said

We have applied to link into the EU’s Digital Covid Certification scheme. Linking with it will enable us to digitally verify each other’s Covid certificates’.

Our Boris further supported his old employers by putting a marker in the friendly Telegraph pages and saying, ‘Vaccine passports could be used as a Plan B if Covid stretches NHS capacity again’.

So, all over Europe, carrying the vaccine passports has become the new normal and this weekend Spanish grounds will revert to full vaccine-passported capacity too.

Are you sure that Spain is requiring passports?

I read that masks were required but not vaccine passports

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wonder if these other Nations complained as much. 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are you sure that Spain is requiring passports?

I read that masks were required but not vaccine passports

I quoted from the article in good faith, but a quick search suggests that mask wearing is more the norm.  It's up to the regions how far they want to go with easing restrictions. e.g. Catalunya is sticking to 60% at the moment.

Edited by Footballfirst

38 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I wonder if these other Nations complained as much. 

Protesters gathered to march against the introduction of a “corona pass” in the Netherlands on Saturday as proof of Covid-19 vaccination became compulsory to get into bars, restaurants, theatres and other venues.

Hours after the requirement to show the pass or a recent negative coronavirus test took effect, the government of caretaker prime minister Mark Rutte sacked a cabinet minister who had publicly questioned the measure.

Protesters with banners and a Netherlands flag.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I requested my paper copy on Monday afternoon. 

It popped through my letter box on Wednesday morning. 

Most people who applied will tell you the same. 

They may have ****ed up the App but the delivery of paper copies has been excellent. 

You now have no excuse not to get your documents in time for the next game. 

Haha junior got a paper copy saying keep safe you wont get another  2 days later another arrived!

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Heading for France and Spain after game .

France has gone very strict on entry to basically anywhere , cafes etc .

Vaccination levels have risen dramatically .

Friends over there now telling me it works , people just get on with it 

1 hour ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I tried the app registration again after numerous failures. It has finally worked !

Came through just now,  12 hour wait

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

The club are still doing a dry run so it would be helpful if some took vaccine documents too, so that the checkers had something to check.

the Hearts way
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Look on the bright side, it might have made you poo, and if you didn't want to miss any of the game it could have involved additional expense in trying to source adult size pampers :)

This made me laugh out loud 🤣 

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Freedom of choice. I've seen folk driving their cars,  windows shut and wearing a face mask 😷

Why, just why?

Just answered your own question mate

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Right I'll take this apart.

Paper copies have been available for months. 

Some on here have received their copies within a couple of days.

Where have I defended the indefensible? Nowhere.

Where have I defended the government? Nowhere.

I have stated many times that the vaccination certificate can be downloaded from NHS Inform; the same place for requesting a paper copy.

The NHS Inform site has nothing to do with the government.

The new App is not working. Where have I defended that?

I have said many times I won't use it just now as there is no need.

You need to read things properly and get your facts right.

Enjoy the match.

Well said. 👍

Unknown user
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Protesters gathered to march against the introduction of a “corona pass” in the Netherlands on Saturday as proof of Covid-19 vaccination became compulsory to get into bars, restaurants, theatres and other venues.

Hours after the requirement to show the pass or a recent negative coronavirus test took effect, the government of caretaker prime minister Mark Rutte sacked a cabinet minister who had publicly questioned the measure.

In the interest of balance I see it was less than a thousand protesters and that the majority support the covid pass in Holland.

I also see a moron who's attached his nation's flag upside down.

This isn't the smart crowd.

the Hearts way
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

In the interest of balance I see it was less than a thousand protesters and that the majority support the covid pass in Holland.

I also see a moron who's attached his nation's flag upside down.

This isn't the smart crowd.

Maybe the guy with the (upside-down) flag us on the best medical herb 🌿 on the planet and doesn't care if its upside-down,  the world,  IMHO has been turned upside-down 😳 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

So in your in your own car, windows shut on your own,  why the need for a mask ? Can your car give yo Covid,  maybe they have a pet bat ? 🤔 

Could be doing deliveries and can't be arsed taking it off every 2 minutes, could be about to pick up someone vulnerable, could be in someone else's car after borrowing it and they're just trying to be a decent human being.

Personally I wear mine to annoy people who can't mind their own business

Unknown user
1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

Maybe the guy with the (upside-down) flag us on the best medical herb 🌿 on the planet and doesn't care if its upside-down,  the world,  IMHO has been turned upside-down 😳 

Speaking as a medical cannabis patient, that's fairly patronising

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Speaking as a medical cannabis patient, that's fairly patronising

Why is it patronising,  on the same side here, Smithee? Maybe I worded my reply wrong 🤔 

Unknown user
Just now, the Hearts way said:

Why is it patronising,  on the same side here, Smithee? Maybe I worded my reply wrong 🤔 

Fair enough if I took it wrong 👍

John Findlay
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

These Orangemen are never happy😉

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

These Orangemen are never happy unless they're walking😉

Small update John.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I tried the app about 6 times yesterday and it didn't work once.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night watching telly and woke up at about 2am.  I decided to try it again, and it worked first time.

I think you'll have more success if you try it off peak.

4 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

So in your in your own car, windows shut on your own,  why the need for a mask ? Can your car give yo Covid,  maybe they have a pet bat ? 🤔 

Sometimes it’s a case of sticking a mask on so you don’t forget to take it with you if you’re nipping to the shop. 

Tried the app this morning and managed to set it up no problem. Didn’t do anything different from yesterday when it didn’t work

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Also doing great public service. :) 

Much like families decked out in Celtic kits on holiday, you are advertising to the rest of us that you should be given a wide berth and anything you say confidently ignored 😜 

As I'm driving a car at the time this is probably wise!

23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As an arsehole and contradictorian/a libertarian and private citizen (delete as per personal outlook) , I look for little victories in the battle against government bureaucracy. 

Fair enough Jonesy, you have your little victory and I'll help HMFC check some documents before the next game, when it'll all have to be done for real.

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

I tried the app about 6 times yesterday and it didn't work once.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night watching telly and woke up at about 2am.  I decided to try it again, and it worked first time.

I think you'll have more success if you try it off peak.

Me too, it worked at 2.00am. Thought I'd have to do the face recognition thing again but as soon as I logged in it asked me to set up a PIN then my vaccine details magically appeared on the screen.

Captain Canada
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think this is accurate. There are no vaccine certificates in Sweden, Norway and Denmark for example and last I read the highest court in Spain had outlawed them. I think I read somewhere that Slovenia has just stopped them too. 

There have been huge protests in France against them for two months now so they've not exactly been well received. 

I think it's very misleading for the author of the piece to say they're all over Europe and working fine. 

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I quoted from the article in good faith, but a quick search suggests that mask wearing is more the norm.  It's up to the regions how far they want to go with easing restrictions. e.g. Catalunya is sticking to 60% at the moment.

Just back from Spain and other than entering the country didn’t need to show any vaccine proof anywhere at any time. 

John Findlay
46 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As an arsehole and contradictorian/a libertarian and private citizen (delete as per personal outlook) , I look for little victories in the battle against government bureaucracy. 

Mind you, you're a longtime deid 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think this is accurate. There are no vaccine certificates in Sweden, Norway and Denmark for example and last I read the highest court in Spain had outlawed them. I think I read somewhere that Slovenia has just stopped them too. 

There have been huge protests in France against them for two months now so they've not exactly been well received. 

I think it's very misleading for the author of the piece to say they're all over Europe and working fine. 

Now, as it happens I've very recently returned from France, used bars and restaurants in several towns, saw no protests, heard no complaints and no adverse comments of any kind, in fact just a quiet sense of relief that things were getting back to normal.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just back from Spain and other than entering the country didn’t need to show any vaccine proof anywhere at any time. 

How were the airports? Did it take more time getting through than usual?

19 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Working very well in France

22 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

While some of your comment may be correct, are Sweden Norway and Denmark in Europe?

Just now, Hesh said:

While some of your comment may be correct, are Sweden Norway and Denmark in Europe?

Sorry, where else would they be?

5 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

Maybe like me forgetful. 

I'm forever forgetting to put my mask on when I should. 

Then forgetting to take it off again. 

On the bus one day and somebody wearing their mask down at their neck, why are they bothering I said to my wife ? 

Later on that morning in a shop the guy behind the counter says to me

PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK SIR

I just keep forgetting 😁

Up Down Up Down 😂