Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

So the app ain’t working. 

Quelle surprise!

The SNP are nothing if not consistent. 

Everything they touch turns to…

Edited by hearts00

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive downloaded the App, scanned in the driver licence and I’m good to go 😇 i also have the vacc status letter with the 2 QR codes. No way I’m not getting in on Saturday ……. Or is there 😬

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Still time to pull it out the bag. They’ve ticked the implementation box, now it’s the firefighting stage. 😄

Don’t worry, they will roll out an update in due course…😬

1 hour ago, jdl2002 said:

Ive downloaded the App, scanned in the driver licence and I’m good to go 😇 i also have the vacc status letter with the 2 QR codes. No way I’m not getting in on Saturday ……. Or is there 😬

Remember there is a PHM test at the turnstile…

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The new app has only cost the SG £600k.

WTF.

A bargain compared to the £38 billion spent by the UK government on theirs. 

If my maths are correct, that x  633,000 more. 🤣🤣

I hope my maths are wrong on that. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, davieholt said:

the article on the hearts website says nothing about ID. Only the certificate 

There will be folk that  that bring out the wrong document to prove their vaccine or it will be unclear/ damaged, , folk may be asked to prove that the certificate is theirs. 

Bring ID just in case. Very easy to do but as you say unlikely required. 

I am. 

I have ID on me anyway, hardly an effort. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Horatio Caine
9 hours ago, Boab said:

Go to the nhsinform website and follow the links for vaccination status, mate.

You can download your QR codes and status there.

Oh I got the hard copy QR codes no bother.  It was more the phone app I was moaning about.  At least I can get in on Saturday, will try the phone app again next week.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A bargain compared to the £38 billion spent by the UK government on theirs. 

If my maths are correct, that x  633,000 more. 🤣🤣

I hope my maths are wrong on that. 

you are comparing the track and trace app with the vaccine passport. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you are comparing the track and trace app with the vaccine passport. 

That's a bargain then. 😂😂😂😂

It's an app, for a phone. 

633,333 time more. .....

Not 10, 50, 100, 1000 or 10,000 more. 633,333 times more. 

Surley that can't be right, maybe it's 63,000 times more. 

Germanys cost around £1b.🤷‍♂️

kingantti1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

That's a bargain then. 😂😂😂😂

It's an app, for a phone. 

633,333 time more. .....

Not 10, 50, 100, 1000 or 10,000 more. 633,333 times more. 

Surley that can't be right, maybe it's 63,000 times more. 

Germanys cost around £1b.🤷‍♂️

but it’s not becuase you aren’t comparing the same things. 2 different apps for 2 different purposes..

not that I’m defending the cost of track and trace app if that number is true.. but I’d very much doubt it that.  That’s more likely the cost for the whole scheme including the people to operate it which was also used in Scotland btw 

I got right through to the end and it came up with Something went wrong when trying to verify your identity, after successfully scanning passport, face, entering email details, doing verification code.

Complete pile of horseshit.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

but it’s not becuase you aren’t comparing the same things. 2 different apps for 2 different purposes..

not that I’m defending the cost of track and trace app if that number is true.. but I’d very much doubt it that.  That’s more likely the cost for the whole scheme including the people to operate it which was also used in Scotland btw 

Don't be the one of those guys that slags the SG for an expensive app but then defends the UK government for their shite. 

633,333 times more... 

Again, Germany spent less than £1b of you want to compare. 

Anyway off topic. 

2 hours ago, jdl2002 said:

You've also got to have your kickback username so that might scupper you...

Tried last night and this morning but no go. No use to me anyway as they've lost my vaccine record so I'll leave it a couple of weeks and try again 

Tried with my drivers license, and get as far as entering my CHI number and it brings up my name and address details, then when I click to confirm it says No Details Found - WTAF?!!!!

I have an online account on NHS Scotland website with the vaccine certificate downloaded to my phone but this is just an example of complete incompetence by the SG and their software consultants not linking up databases and using shit facial recognition software.

Still getting 'No Match Found' regardless of how many times I try, change my name details etc.  Even got my CHI entered and have hospital letters which show the details match exactly....Something very wrong with this app or the matching mechanism.

Would love to see Day 1 failure rate on their logs....got to be extremely high.  Can't imagine this has gone through any amount of rigorous testing.

Made the mistake of trying to set up the app last night at same time as about a million others.  Got my paper copy so that will do me tomorrow.  

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Tried with my drivers license, and get as far as entering my CHI number and it brings up my name and address details, then when I click to confirm it says No Details Found - WTAF?!!!!

I have an online account on NHS Scotland website with the vaccine certificate downloaded to my phone but this is just an example of complete incompetence by the SG and their software consultants not linking up databases and using shit facial recognition software.

Exact same thing happened to me with the App

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Made the mistake of trying to set up the app last night at same time as about a million others.  Got my paper copy so that will do me tomorrow.  

Don't think it would matter if you were the only one trying with that app. Despite what Swinney says it's not working

Hagar the Horrible

Just saying like, my old boss is in charge of the app, swinney was also my boss in the SG.  by the time these ****wits get it working properly it will be abandoned.  But spun as a success no longer required.  going to try an download it later once my phone is charged.  Glad I read on here first that the passport photo was required,  I will need to hunt for that as its not been needed for a while.

But launching the app the day before its required.  I wonder how many nurses this app could have paid for?

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't think it would matter if you were the only one trying with that app. Despite what Swinney says it's not working

Any new app has the same issues world wide especially when everyone tries to download it at same time.  What SG should have done is release the app at least 1 week before launching requirements for Covid Passport.  Simple logistics.  

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, luckydug said:

I'm the same keeps knocking back my passport photo as says it can't see my face clearly. 

It's likely the security watermarks that are causing that. 

It also says I don't have an account, 

which I clearly do when I've got a certificate. 

I think their helpline is going to be awfully busy tomorrow. 😏

Think I'll just take my letter and

Passport along on Saturday. 

Similar experience for me, I got past stage one (passport photo) then stage two (face photo) wouldn't work, I presume it's somehow supposed to switch the camera to mirror mode, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to centre the image. I went back to stage one three or four times but always failed again at the face photo.

Fortunately I have he paper download with Q code so I'll be going tomorrow. BBC Scotland are reporting that Hearts are saying that you won't get in without the download, which isn't true and I've sent an email to point that out, I hope they correct it.

4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Any new app has the same issues world wide especially when everyone tries to download it at same time.  What SG should have done is release the app at least 1 week before launching requirements for Covid Passport.  Simple logistics.  

It's another two weeks before the rules become compulsory. 

Even then not everyone has a phone so the Covid Status letter and ID should be enough for everything imo. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Similar experience for me, I got past stage one (passport photo) then stage two (face photo) wouldn't work, I presume it's somehow supposed to switch the camera to mirror mode, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to centre the image. I went back to stage one three or four times but always failed again at the face photo.

Fortunately I have he paper download with Q code so I'll be going tomorrow. BBC Scotland are reporting that Hearts are saying that you won't get in without the download, which isn't true and I've sent an email to point that out, I hope they correct it.

Not like the BBC to report incorrect news. 

Either by accident or design. 🤔

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

It's another two weeks before the rules become compulsory. 

Even then not everyone has a phone so the Covid Status letter and ID should be enough for everything imo. 

Spot on, and that's how it will work in future. They can't rely on old folk having smartphones when they try to get into nightclubs.

15 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Exactly. There are two straightforward options. Download and print a paper copy or download a pdf screenshot to your phone. Unless I've missed something I don't think that the app is required at all for anything as the downloadable versions have a 2D barcode?  

14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Just saying like, my old boss is in charge of the app, swinney was also my boss in the SG.  by the time these ****wits get it working properly it will be abandoned.  But spun as a success no longer required.  going to try an download it later once my phone is charged.  Glad I read on here first that the passport photo was required,  I will need to hunt for that as its not been needed for a while.

But launching the app the day before its required.  I wonder how many nurses this app could have paid for?

probs around one or two if they have a 20 to 25 year career I reckon.

14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The day before its required is nothing but stupidity.   What were they expecting to happen? 

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Unfortunately they put the serial failure Swinney in charge of it

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This guy is the Yoko Ono of politics

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I don’t exist! 🤷‍♂️

8557EECB-DEE1-4B6D-A04C-D8FE59CA2ED2.png

You posted the same thing last night. 

I hope you've not been up all night trying to access the app. 😂

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Spot on, and that's how it will work in future. They can't rely on old folk having smartphones when they try to get into nightclubs.

😁

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Oh I got the hard copy QR codes no bother.  It was more the phone app I was moaning about.  At least I can get in on Saturday, will try the phone app again next week.

Ah, ok, mate.

I’m doing likewise. New app can do one !

12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It won't affect anyone who has accessed the NHS Inform site.

And what about those who don’t have printers and relied on the phone app actually working.

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

You certainly can’t beat paper copies for anything like that.

I always have paper copies for boarding passes at the airport just in case.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

And what about those who don’t have printers and relied on the phone app actually working.

I had to spend £45 on ink for a £35 printer

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I hope you get kicked out of the Terrace and into the shed. 

No politics. 

I got transferred for less. 😴

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

One click on the button and they would have a downloaded printed copy sent to their home. 

You can also download the certificate and QR codes into your documents on your phone. 👍

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

He’s not talking about the new app, which has been a shambles, but the inform status app which has had your details available to download for quite a while now.

Hagar the Horrible

Does the app show I have had

rabies, yellow fever, typhoid, tetanus, diptheria jabs too, as I have a ticket for the home end at Ibrox (corporate)

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

If you have a tablet you should be able to download it as a file, which is still a Faf and my Amazon tablet doesn't fit in my pocket. Fortunately I have a printer, which many people won't. You can also get the printed certificate in a day or two through the post. But hey! this is the future, we're reaching the stage when everybody will need to be given a free basic smartphone for society to function.  

23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You posted the same thing last night. 

I hope you've not been up all night trying to access the app. 😂

No I posted that there was an “error” with the App and it would not download. Tried again this morning and I downloaded all my info and there were “no matches”!

16 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Download the letter as a pdf to your phone? That is what I have done.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)