Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

21 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You going up to Aberdeen? They'll only have about 7000 there so we'll not need it for that. :)

Will be. 👍

Will forfeit the trip to Perth to go up.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct. If you have a registered logonid on NHSInform you just click on the option to receive a hard copy. The site tells you it can take 12 days to issue, but I think they just gave that timescale to cover themselves, whereas in actual fact the hardcopies are being sent out and received within a timescale of around 4 days.

You can log on, download and print in minutes. 

I am completely confused after Sturgeons announcement today regarding the grace period for businesses regarding the implementation of Covid passports. Does this mean we don't have to bring our Covid documents to the game on Saturday? This is turning into a complete shambles. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I am completely confused after Sturgeons announcement today regarding the grace period for businesses regarding the implementation of Covid passports. Does this mean we don't have to bring our Covid documents to the game on Saturday? This is turning into a complete shambles. 

Just bring it in case. 

Shambles avoided. 

No the legislation is that the new rules begin at 5am friday  .all that's happened is businesses want get hammered for non appliance  for a fortnight to get used to it and iron out hitches you will need proof on Saturday 

Sorry but if you read the annoucement it clearly states all that has happened is a delay in a company being taken to task or rules being enforced upon them not a delay in using the certificates so get yours now

It means there will be no enforcement action against businesses who do not comply with the rules before that date.

Ms Sturgeon said the delay would allow businesses to "test, adapt and build confidence in the practical arrangements they will need to put in place to be compliant with the scheme".

'while organisers of larger events such as major football matches will be allowed to do spot checks of a "reasonable" number of customers.'

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but if you read the annoucement it clearly states all that has happened is a delay in a company being taken to task or rules being enforced upon them not a delay in using the certificates so get yours now

It means there will be no enforcement action against businesses who do not comply with the rules before that date.

Ms Sturgeon said the delay would allow businesses to "test, adapt and build confidence in the practical arrangements they will need to put in place to be compliant with the scheme".

'while organisers of larger events such as major football matches will be allowed to do spot checks of a "reasonable" number of customers.'

Hearts should just leave it till the next home game then ffs

Perth to Paisley
2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Hearts should just leave it till the next home game then ffs

"Leaving it" misses the opportunity to resolve the undoubted issues.

17 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

We do.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

"Leaving it" misses the opportunity to resolve the undoubted issues.

No harm in trying it. 

Gets folk used to it. 

Iron out the issues. 

Wind up the bampots. 

Win, win... Win

😁

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, davieholt said:

Do we know if this will be required for Saturday?

If so have the club said anything about checking arrangements at the turnstiles?

It's definitely required. I phoned up and booked hospitality and the lassie said we'll need our vaccination certificates on entry

Perth to Paisley
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No harm in trying it. 

Gets folk used to it. 

Iron out the issues. 

Wind up the bampots. 

Win, win... Win

😁

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's definitely required. I phoned up and booked hospitality and the lassie said we'll need our vaccination certificates on entry

Correct.  According to the email I received ALL hospitality attendees will be checked.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

Correct.  According to the email I received ALL hospitality attendees will be checked.  

I'm at Arbroath hospitality soon and they also require it. 

AlphonseCapone

The announcement isn't confusing and the rationale behind is perfectly sensible. I think the way the some of the media have portrayed is causing confusion. 

Nothing has changed for individuals. Organisations simply have 2 weeks to get their processes working correctly, at which point they'll have zero excuses for not following the law and will be held responsible. 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's fair enough. It will be a lot easier checking folk turning up to the lounges at 12.30

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct. If you have a registered logonid on NHSInform you just click on the option to receive a hard copy. The site tells you it can take 12 days to issue, but I think they just gave that timescale to cover themselves, whereas in actual fact the hardcopies are being sent out and received within a timescale of around 4 days.

I'm not sure that I have a registered login.  I have a username (as per my invitation letter) but there's no password on it.  Does this mean I have to create a login before I can get my certificate?

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You can log on, download and print in minutes. 

I'm not sure printing at home is acceptable. 

It clearly states when applying for a paper copy that the passports are printed with a 'SPECIAL INK' to foil attempted forgeries. 

So unless your paper passport has been sent out by the authorities I would have your digital copy ready on your phone. 

If I'm wrong about this I apologise but it was on the website. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It clearly states when applying for a paper copy that the passports are printed with a 'SPECIAL INK' to foil attempted forgeries. 

So unless your paper passport has been sent out by the authorities I would have your digital copy ready on your phone. 

You are 100% correct. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hadn't noticed that before. 🤔

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

I'm not sure that I have a registered login.  I have a username (as per my invitation letter) but there's no password on it.  Does this mean I have to create a login before I can get my certificate?

All you need is your username. You create your own password when you logon first time. Use URL below then hit register

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csm_login

Edited by XB52

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Then we’ve got problems. I downloaded mine today and printed it out this evening. Don’t even have a smartphone (they are for wimmen and teenagers) and I can’t imagine an NHS doc will arrive before game time.

Think you'll be fine. If the QR code can be scanned off the screen of a mobile device, unless they've got a different scanner for the paper ones I'd doubt it will know what ink has been used.

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Think you'll be fine. If the QR code can be scanned off the screen of a mobile device, unless they've got a different scanner for the paper ones I'd doubt it will know what ink has been used.

That's a good point 👍

Was the intention to do a spot

check ? 

Perhaps they will just look at the certificate without scanning. 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Exactly, the stewards won’t have Ink Detection devices…imo. 😎

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

can't see folk arguing about that in a queue but time will tell.

Code as well.

Does anyone know what the club's policy on lending a season ticket to mate is?

I can't make the Dundee game so am lending my season ticket to a mate, the name on it's not going to match the name on his vaccination passport. Do the club care?

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I can't make the Dundee game so am lending my season ticket to a mate, the name on it's not going to match the name on his vaccination passport. Do the club care?

As long as he has proof of I'd he'll be 👌

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yes, I think the register button is in the top right hand corner on the screen you will be looking at.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Libertarian said:

HMFC will be doing spot checks for the game this weekend as far as I know. Not sure how long this passport stuff will be in place, England have already knocked it back and I'm guessing the Scottish Government may have jumped the gun a bit, just to be different.

Edited by portobellojambo1

It would take an extremely brave and foolish steward to dare questioning the ink on the certificates of the thousands of fans that will print at home.

Bazzas right boot

Folk over thinking this. 

Download the app/ take a photo / take a paper copy and have some ID on you. 

Job done. 

30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

HMFC will be doing spot checks for the game this weekend as far as I know. Not sure how long this passport stuff will be in place, England have already knocked it back and I'm guessing the Scottish Government may have jumped the gun a bit, just to be different.

Keep your politics out of here I'm happy to debate with you in the SHED though. 

I don't know if this has already been posted but please be aware.

The COVID passport scheme goes live on Friday the 1st October.  The 2 week grace period is for enforcement action being taken on venues that do not implement it going forward.

Therefore, you 100% WILL need to show your vaccine status if requested on Saturday at Tynecastle.  If you are not fully vaccinated and do not meet any of the exemption criteria, you will be denied entry.

It's that simple.  Not sure I agree with it as we have already had several home games with crowd in the stands and the lack of face masks after the game on Saturday was stark.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk over thinking this. 

Download the app/ take a photo / take a paper copy and have some ID on you. 

Job done. 

It’s that simple folks, I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to tinterweby thingies but I managed fine.

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, Alex said:

Is it not part of the season ticket policy that it should only be used by the owner? Not sure the club cares that much but more chance than usual of it being noticed and you getting sent to mrs budges office for 6 of the best or worse!

7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

As long as he has proof of I'd he'll be 👌

If the names don’t match what is stopping someone with a season ticket taking someone else’s vaccination proof ? 

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

If the names don’t match what is stopping someone with a season ticket taking someone else’s vaccination proof ? 

It's to be a criminal offence to use someone else's proof of vaccination. 

It's on the website. 

Edited by luckydug

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Why would his ID not match his vaccination proof? 

Just have ID along with your vaccination proof. 

Job done. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's to be a criminal offence to use someone else's proof of vaccination. 

It's on the website. 

I know, doesn’t answer my question though does it. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Why would his ID not match his vaccination proof? 

Just have ID along with your vaccination proof. 

Job done. 

Do they ask for id?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Dazo said:

Do they ask for id?

Dunno, they might. 

But have it just in case. 

Why are folk over complicating this?

"can I see your covid passport" . 

"Nae bother" - hand over passport. 

"As it's a printed copy, can I see proof of I'd to make sure it's you" 

"Nae bother, there's my drivers licence." 

Then I carry on. 

If he doesn't ask for Id then great, I'll show them my covid passport and carry on through, scan my St and watch the game. 

What are folk expecting, a full strip down and rectal examination? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, they might. 

But have it just in case. 

Why are folk over complicating this?

"can I see your covid passport" . 

"Nae bother" - hand over passport. 

"As it's a printed copy, can I see proof of I'd to make sure it's you" 

"Nae bother, there's my drivers licence." 

Then I carry on. 

If he doesn't ask for Id then great, I'll show them my covid passport and carry on through, scan my St and watch the game. 

What are folk expecting, a full strip down and rectal examination? 

It's all pretty straightforward, but it depends if they try and check everyone's then it'll be a disaster trying to get in. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's all pretty straightforward, but it depends if they try and check everyone's then it'll be a disaster trying to get in. 

Yeah, I'll get there a tad earlier. 

Tbh, if they had brains they'd have someone checking as folk queue, even the start of it so folk are checked as they reach the turnstile. 

It will only be a disaster if idiots argue with them or have to bumble about to find it. 

Checking the thing will take seconds. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, if they had brains they'd have someone checking as folk queue, even the start of it so folk are checked as they reach the turnstile. 

It will only be a disaster if idiots argue with them or have to bumble about to find it. 

You're right.

The actual check will take seconds, it's people dicking about that will cause any hold-ups

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolutely, but people take ages to scan a barcode for the tickets at times so add this in and there will be queues.

Also who checks them? I've not kept right up to date but I have the QR codes on my phone is that enough or do I need the paper copy? 

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Absolutely, but people take ages to scan a barcode for the tickets at times so add this in and there will be queues.

Also who checks them? I've not kept right up to date but I have the QR codes on my phone is that enough or do I need the paper copy? 

Taking mine as a back up and getting there early.

28 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Do they ask for id?

Cant say Hearts will do the same, but was at Nick Cave last week at the Playhouse. Had to take the vaccination letter and the security also asked for another form of ID (which wasn"t listed as a requirement) fortunately had my driving licence with me but fairly sure a bank card/season ticket with your name on it would suffice. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)