Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Let’s just ignore the blood clots and other long term term health issues as a result of the vaccine. My own grandad suffered from manageable Angina and died within weeks of having the vaccine. The hospital have even confirmed that it was down to adverse effects of the vaccine. My cousin, a rugby player, is currently awaiting if he will ever be able to play rugby again after suffering a blood clot in his leg which resulted in a stroke. I will continue to label this an experimental vaccine and will continue to hold my right to refuse any form of medication due to the loss and pain my family has experienced surrounding this. Despite my grandads age and health issue, he has never been hospitalised and never experienced any adverse effects from other medication such as flu jabs, and tablets to manage his Angina. I’m sure you’ll appreciate the government are quick to highlight success but quiet in discussing concerns. 

Hearts TV ain't so bad. 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If you want to discuss the efficacy of the vaccine, or otherwise, take it to the Shed please. 

Should be taking it to Facebook where the rest of the morons live. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 24/09/2021 at 10:19, Taffin said:

Going to be in Scotland next week and would love to attend. Have they worked out how they're processing non-NHS Scotland passports yet?

Just read the full release from Hearts and they don't mention it so I'm guessing they have got it sorted. Good news!! 

On 24/09/2021 at 10:22, davemclaren said:

My mate’s up from Manchester for the match as well. I did read somewhere that NHS England apps would be fine as well. 

On 24/09/2021 at 10:24, Taffin said:

Fingers crossed Dave.

It was this on the Scot Gov website that makes me nervous:

'We are working with other UK jurisdictions to ensure inter-operability across the UK. Guidance will be issued on this, and on what evidence people vaccinated outside the UK will be required to provide, before implementation.'

That was updated yesterday so they've only 7 days to rectify it. The English 'passport' still says 'valid in England'...though that doesn't mean it's not valid elsewhere I guess.

My son and I are up from Sheffield, with tickets for this match as well. Checking the NHS app, there are two options under "Get Your Covid Pass" - Domestic and Travel. The latter says it's for "when travelling abroad". I'm assuming that one of these should be accepted. 

I've not seen any details of how they'll check. Are they going to scan QR codes, because that's what the NHS app shows.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

6 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

My son and I are up from Sheffield, with tickets for this match as well. Checking the NHS app, there are two options under "Get Your Covid Pass" - Domestic and Travel. The latter says it's for "when travelling abroad". I'm assuming that one of these should be accepted. 

I've not seen any details of how they'll check. Are they going to scan QR codes, because that's what the NHS app shows.

As far as I can tell, the messaging in the scot gov website hasn't been updated.

Putting aside the rights, wrongs etc of vaccine passports; leaving folk hanging like this 3 days before it comes into force is piss poor really from the government

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

As far as I can tell, the messaging in the scot gov website hasn't been updated.

Putting aside the rights, wrongs etc of vaccine passports; leaving folk hanging like this 3 days before it comes into force is piss poor really from the government

I've just read through the vacine certification update page and it confirms that they either do visual checking or reading the QR code via the Covid check app. As that is will be generic, not sports-event specific, I think it's reasonable to asume it will read and confirm QR vaccine passports from anywhere. 

I certainly expect to be in my seat at the back of section C come three o'clock on Saturday.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

On 26/09/2021 at 07:43, jr ewing said:

Quite a few empty seats usually filled with season ticket holders near me. Maybe taking a cautious approach to all of this. 

I've a season ticket but due to a weekend away and a family wedding will be my second game of the season. Really looking forward to it. 

I got the paper confirmation and downloaded the two QR codes weeks ago so I'm not sure what people are waiting on.

Edited by maroondevo52
Spelling

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, jambodan1998 said:

If you have your log on details that you got when you got your appointment you can download a copy from the NHS Scotland website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Yep, I have a pdf on my phone with a QR code (downloaded from that site) that will do until the app is released, and they're only doing spot checks as well so not everyone will be checked. That's a risky chance to take though

AlphonseCapone

I see Rangers would prefer fans bring hard copy but will also accept digital. Presume they think hard copy will be easier / quicker as they'll be anticipating folk not having the digital one ready on their phones etc. Based on the number of morons at the shops not prepared to pay for their shopping after it's all scanned I can understand that. 

Anyway, Hearts don't seem to have specified a preference. I only have a digital version. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, maroondevo52 said:

I got the paper confirmation and downloaded the two QR codes weeks ago so I'm not sure what people are waiting on.

Simples. 👍

33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I see Rangers would prefer fans bring hard copy but will also accept digital. Presume they think hard copy will be easier / quicker as they'll be anticipating folk not having the digital one ready on their phones etc. Based on the number of morons at the shops not prepared to pay for their shopping after it's all scanned I can understand that. 

Anyway, Hearts don't seem to have specified a preference. I only have a digital version. 

I have both and will take he paper one as well until we see how it's going to work. Wouldn't like to be turned away for the sake of a bit of paper in my pocket.

i emailed the club earlier asking if digital copy would suffice or do we require a paper copy,club said as far as they were aware a digital copy was fine but they hadn’t heard anything to suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I have both and will take he paper one as well until we see how it's going to work. Wouldn't like to be turned away for the sake of a bit of paper in my pocket.

I always worried that my phone will lose it’s charger or some other technical issue. Always feel safer with paper. 

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I always worried that my phone will lose it’s charger or some other technical issue. Always feel safer with paper. 

Proper old school Dave. 👍

With no passport issues this weekend after this recent announcement no doubt that will help the sales

Scotland's new vaccine passport system will not be enforced until two weeks after it is introduced.

People going to nightclubs and many other large events will need proof they have had two doses of vaccine from 05:00 on Friday.

But First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said there would now be a "grace period" until 18 October.

It means there will be no enforcement action against businesses who do not comply with the rules before that date.

I was at an event last night when vaccination status was checked. Digital or hard copy was fine. Checked by more than 2 steward. No scanning of codes. Anyone who didn’t have either were moved to the side and asked to provide evidence of a medical exemption. I took a photo of my digital version so had it in my phone ready

joondalupjambo
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

With no passport issues this weekend after this recent announcement no doubt that will help the sales

Scotland's new vaccine passport system will not be enforced until two weeks after it is introduced.

People going to nightclubs and many other large events will need proof they have had two doses of vaccine from 05:00 on Friday.

But First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said there would now be a "grace period" until 18 October.

It means there will be no enforcement action against businesses who do not comply with the rules before that date.

I read this online on the BBC website and am now confused.  This simply says that no business will be actioned against until the 18th.  I cannot see anything anywhere that says businesses, Hearts included will be delaying checks on people from the 1st.   The two week grace period may now be seen by the SG as a period where business has time put in and try their processes.  Might be wrong here but until Hearts say otherwise is it still not the case they will spot check folk going to the game?

Hope I am wrong by the way.

Edited by joondalupjambo

7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I read this online on the BBC website and am now confused.  This simply says that no business will be actioned against until the 18th.  I cannot see anything anywhere that says businesses, Hearts included will be delaying checks on people from the 1st.   The two week grace period may now be seen by the SG as a period where business has time put in and try their processes.  Might be wrong here but until Hearts say otherwise is it still not the case they will spot check folk going to the game?

Edited by Newton51

4 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

They have said you won't be able to print the paper confirmation after Thursday. Though like everything else could change. 

11 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Expect checks may start because they need to trial it. But could be off completely for Motherwell.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ok thanks for that, still reading that and thinking it will be in force on Saturday.  

13 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

They will still be spot checking as far as I can see.

They are good at complicating matters though, I’ll give them that. There is another vote on the matter tomorrow so it could change !

🥴

joondalupjambo
Just now, Boab said:

They will still be spot checking as far as I can see.

They are good at complicating matters though, I’ll give them that. There is another vote on the matter tomorrow so it could change !

🥴

Yep that is where I am at just now so unless Hearts say we are not doing it or the SG pulls the pin we should expect checks.  Got to be a technical issue surely with this new app thingy hence the SG current climb down 

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok thanks for that, still reading that and thinking it will be in force on Saturday.  

It will be in force. The delay is Hearts won't get into trouble initially if they do it wrongly I think.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep that is where I am at just now so unless Hearts say we are not doing it or the SG pulls the pin we should expect checks.  Got to be a technical issue surely with this new app thingy hence the SG current climb down 

Or the uptake of jabs on the back of the plan, the main reason for it actually, isn’t as high as they had hoped ?

It’s a bit of a mess and just creates confusion. That said, I’d take your proof of vax with you on Sat ! 

I'm all for spot checks being in place this weekend

I do think there has been too much of a rush to get these passports and sheer stupidity that they day before a match where they may be necessary the site is only then coming on line..............I think there was a realisation that there could be a problem with the timescale

People need to get used to the idea and it will do no harm for them to be given a gentle warning about what is to come and an idea of what is involved

Make the checks and process clear and the people will accept it....might not like it but will accept it

We've got the chance to in effect 'run a trial' before any penalties would be imposed on the club and it will allow the fans to adapt to what is to come  (mind you given the recent track record of the authorities is anything set in stone)

Its only being launched on Thursday and the ScotGov have advised that there will be a 2 week bedding in period before its compulsory at events/venues.

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Its only being launched on Thursday and the ScotGov have advised that there will be a 2 week bedding in period before its compulsory at events/venues.

Thanks

Sounds like it will be down to Hearts. It comes into play as of Friday but if a venue chooses not to enforce it then that’s up to them under the new grace period that lasts for two weeks.

Hearts may well decide that regardless of the fact that they aren’t compelled to do spot checks they might do so anyway to give them a head start in working out the intricacies of how it will work once the grace period ends.

I’d assume we’ll hear from Hearts, as well as the other clubs that it effects, within the next day or two.

19 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

To me that reads if you're asked and you don't have it it's not a problem. That also gives her enough time to realise that the entire thing is a load of unnecessary Tom Kite and bin the charade.

You are entitled to interpret it how you please. 

16 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Sounds like it will be down to Hearts. It comes into play as of Friday but if a venue chooses not to enforce it then that’s up to them under the new grace period that lasts for two weeks.

Hearts may well decide that regardless of the fact that they aren’t compelled to do spot checks they might do so anyway to give them a head start in working out the intricacies of how it will work once the grace period ends.

I’d assume we’ll hear from Hearts, as well as the other clubs that it effects, within the next day or two.

They confirmed at 15:00 today to hospitality ticket holders that vaccine certificate checks will happen. 

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Anyone who believes that these daft certificates have any bearing on the 'spread' quite frankly need to unplug themselves from the moon they're wired up to.

Don’t want to go off on a tangent as it’s the terrace but they are on a sticky wicket. They don’t want to restrict crowds again so this is the alternative.

The rights and wrongs of that thinking are up for debate.

• davemclaren changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell game ( updated )
Just now, Boab said:

Don’t want to go off on a tangent as it’s the terrace but they are on a sticky wicket. They don’t want to restrict crowds again so this is the alternative.

The rights and wrongs of that thinking are up for debate.

You going up to Aberdeen? They'll only have about 7000 there so we'll not need it for that. :)

portobellojambo1
On 26/09/2021 at 19:06, The Treasurer said:

Winners of this game go top of the league. 

Has to be a sell out 

If we win on Saturday we could still be top of the league once we go to Ibrox if the game on the Sunday between Rangers and Hibs ends as a draw

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Easy to get a hard copy if you have a date of at least one of your vaccines and your chi number. 

You don’t even need a chi number. 

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They confirmed at 15:00 today to hospitality ticket holders that vaccine certificate checks will happen. 

I had thought that would have been the case.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t even need a chi number. 

Correct. If you have a registered logonid on NHSInform you just click on the option to receive a hard copy. The site tells you it can take 12 days to issue, but I think they just gave that timescale to cover themselves, whereas in actual fact the hardcopies are being sent out and received within a timescale of around 4 days.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct. If you have a registered logonid on NHSInform you just click on the option to receive a hard copy. The site tells you it can take 12 days to issue, but I think they just gave that timescale to cover themselves, whereas in actual fact the hardcopies are being sent out and received within a timescale of around 4 days.

I logged on and downloaded a hard copy today. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)