Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

I had my 2 jags way back but I've no proof? How do I get a ticket as I was hoping  to pay it at office, ? 

You can’t buy a ticket right now.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back of the Bus
6 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Have I misread something , about no match tickets ? 

Until such a time that the Scottish Government issues clear guidance on how these measures can be safely and practically carried out at stadia, the club has taken the decision not to make matchday tickets available for Hearts’ upcoming cinch Premiership match with Motherwell.”

1 minute ago, Back of the Bus said:

Until such a time that the Scottish Government issues clear guidance on how these measures can be safely and practically carried out at stadia, the club has taken the decision not to make matchday tickets available for Hearts’ upcoming cinch Premiership match with Motherwell.”

Right oh ??

If this 1st Oct vaccine proof requirement comes in,  anyone joining the queue at  a turnstile without proof (paper or on phone) would be culpable of trying to break the rules - even if they have actually been double vaccinated.    If a steward or  turnstile operator detects it, things could turn nasty if the fan doesn't just turn round and go home.         For once, Doncaster is right to raise concerns about the workability of this. 

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I would think so. However this has to be done very carefully as the data on the passport will be linked into a unique NHS number for each person who has a passport. A data breach could potentially be costly for clubs. Especially if away fans are involved. I see potential damages claims. This strategy has not been well thought out. There are many problems down the line unless it’s a visual show as approach the turnstiles. 

What an absolute cluster-Fcuk the SG has created.  Well done Nicola

40 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If this 1st Oct vaccine proof requirement comes in,  anyone joining the queue at  a turnstile without proof (paper or on phone) would be culpable of trying to break the rules - even if they have actually been double vaccinated.    If a steward or  turnstile operator detects it, things could turn nasty if the fan doesn't just turn round and go home.         For once, Doncaster is right to raise concerns about the workability of this. 

No he isn't. 

You show a ticket and the passport. 

What's the problem?

Back of the Bus
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No he isn't. 

You show a ticket and the passport. 

What's the problem?

I cannot foresee any problems. 

Not a single issue. 

It’ll all go as smooth a Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day”. 

Just now, Back of the Bus said:

I cannot foresee any problems. 

Not a single issue. 

It’ll all go as smooth a Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day”. 

It might not but that doesn't make it wrong.

There's bound to be at least one arsehole. Do we just do what they want,

julienbrellier

Absolute shitshow, will never happen, we need to get on with things, if you’re worried don’t go it’s absolutely unworkable expected incompetent stewards to check everyone’s passport 

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

I had my 2 jags way back but I've no proof? How do I get a ticket as I was hoping  to pay it at office, ? 

If you had your jags in Scotland, download the NHS Scotland app & link your medical records to that. I believe that by October 1, this app will be able to show your Covid Vaccination Status on your phone.

NHS England app can do exactly that right now.

Andrew McKinlay said, at the FOH event on Sunday, that the clubs had no idea how this was going to work because they had been told nothing by the Scottish Government. He seemed quite exasperated that a decision to introduce Covid passport condition of entry had been announced in the press without any follow up instructions to the football clubs about how they are expected to check the documentation of thousands of fans as they roll up at the turnstiles.

This whole affair sounds like someone of authority had a random thought, just to grab headlines, without any plan of how it should be safely implemented.

Doctor FinnBarr

Total **** up, my brother and nephews are travelling up from Englandshire for this one as my old man was a Motherwell fan and we're spreading his ashes on the Sunday.

Back of the Bus
8 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It might not but that doesn't make it wrong.

There's bound to be at least one arsehole. Do we just do what they want,

Tongue was firmly in cheek. 

It’ll be a disaster. 

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Andrew McKinlay said, at the FOH event on Sunday, that the clubs had no idea how this was going to work because they had been told nothing by the Scottish Government. He seemed quite exasperated that a decision to introduce Covid passport condition of entry had been announced in the press without any follow up instructions to the football clubs about how they are expected to check the documentation of thousands of fans as they roll up at the turnstiles.

This whole affair sounds like someone of authority had a random thought, just to grab headlines, without any plan of how it should be safely implemented.

they just get the crayons out , probably pished, and make up new nonsense as per usual. 
Bit like the cat scratching posts littered about Edinburgh’s roads.  Idiots that just love the look and sound of themselves. This scheme is so unworkable it would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bloody stupid.  

I don't see the problem.

Everyone who has an ST is on the clubs database.

The club contacts all ST holders, the ST holder gives the club proof of double jabs, then your ST remains active.

Those that can't prove this have their ST's suspended.

Same can happen when buying a match ticket.

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

If you had your jags in Scotland, download the NHS Scotland app & link your medical records to that. I believe that by October 1, this app will be able to show your Covid Vaccination Status on your phone.

NHS England app can do exactly that right now.

They said the app “ should “ be ready for Oct 1st !

👍

😂

Back of the Bus
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't see the problem.

The club contacts all ST holders, the ST holder gives the club proof of double jabs, then your ST remains active.

Not sure of the legalities but there’s surely data protection considerations around a football club storing an individual’s medical status. 

Hearts should give tickets away ensuring a capacity crowd making it as hard as possible to introduce this policy. People just want to get on with life, if it was about health worries all crowds would have been limited until this comes in. 

I downloaded my OR vaccine passport two weeks ago. Was as easy as 1, 2, 3.

I'm nearly 59 years old and not as modern technology savvy as many others, but it really is simple to do.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm nearly 59 years old and not as modern technology savvy as many others, but it really is simple to do.

I’m only 51 and didn’t even attempt it 😀. Got one of the tech savvy youngsters at my work to do it for me. 

13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So will this prevent lending a ST to a friend?

Only if your friend is unvaccinated or doesnt take their own vaccination evidence I suppose.  Club are relaxed at any sharing of an ST if  are unable to attend any match

38 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

Not sure of the legalities but there’s surely data protection considerations around a football club storing an individual’s medical status. 

As long as they ask for your consent and explain what they are going to do with the information there really isn't a problem. They wouldn't actually have to store your NHS number as someone suggested, just whether they have confirmed you have been double vaccinated. While that is still data they would be expected to keep private, in practice the credit/debit care details they store would be a far more damaging data breach.

The trnsmt festival was requiring proof of a negative lateral flow test on the way in. They weren't checking everyone, but the possibility of being checked was enough for everyone that I know who was attending to get the test done. I'm sure there were some that didn't, but it will still have significantly redued risk. I think that is what people have struggled to understand throughout the pandemic, it is about reducing risk and therefore transmission, it isn't about eradicating risk or creating a 'covid secure' environement. If introducing the vaccine passport leads to an extra 1% of the population getting jabbed and reduces the number of unvaccinated people in large crowds, it will have served a purpose from a public health perspective, even if some people who haven't been double jabbed still attend events/games.

The UK Government were planning to do this until they u-turned due to pressure from their libetarian back benchers. Similar systems have already been introduced in other countries. I can understand people who are opposed on principle to this or who think it is disproportionate to the benefit (although you probably need to have more access to the evidence than the general public to really make that call), but it clearly isn't logistically impossible.

35 minutes ago, escobri said:

Hearts should give tickets away ensuring a capacity crowd making it as hard as possible to introduce this policy. People just want to get on with life, if it was about health worries all crowds would have been limited until this comes in. 

It’s places like Ibrox and Parkhead that will ensure it’s spot checks.

Watch this space.

Will be interesting to see how this works out. We went to Chelsea-Palace for first game of season and were told that we would have to provide proof of double jabs (vaccine passport) before gaining access to stadium. Had everything ready and nothing happened at turnstile - went straight in with match ticket. Told before the first 2 Palace home games that there would be spot checks in the stadium - again nothing (that we saw).

17 hours ago, 1953 said:

Nobody knows what's going to happen so the club have just delayed selling tickets until things are a bit clearer.

ppv for me then.

1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

Under GDPR you would need to consent for the club to hold this personal info so it shouldn’t be a data protection issue. Insurance companies hold medical data as it’s necessary for their operations. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't see the problem.

You can’t see a problem when you look at it from a personal point of view. Like others have said it’s a piece of piss to prove your vaccine status. From the clubs and others point of view who is paying for this extra man hours to implement this ? On top of that how is the authenticity of the certificates being verified and at what cost ? 

You can’t enforce yet more rules and restrictions on crippled businesses with proper funding and infrastructure to help them cope with it. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't see the problem.

Will those who haven't had 2 jags be entitled to a refund on their season ticket? This condition for entry didn't exist at the point of purchase.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Looks as if it should be easy

If only I didn't have my cunning plan to avoid senility by cluttering up my memory  keeping details like when I had my jabs !

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Looks as if it should be easy

If only I didn't have my cunning plan to avoid senility by cluttering up my memory  keeping details like when I had my jabs !

No comment😉

28 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You can’t see a problem when you look at it from a personal point of view. Like others have said it’s a piece of piss to prove your vaccine status. From the clubs and others point of view who is paying for this extra man hours to implement this ? On top of that how is the authenticity of the certificates being verified and at what cost ? 

You can’t enforce yet more rules and restrictions on crippled businesses with proper funding and infrastructure to help them cope with it. 

Spot on. 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Boab said:

They said the app “ should “ be ready for Oct 1st !

👍

😂

Another total waste of money duplicating a system already in place in the UK. They've paid a Danish company 600K to develop a system we could already be using if the power freaks in Hollyrood had any sense.

Oh,and anyone thinking Hearts will somehow be forcing the SG hand with this move is buttoned up the back, they honestly couldn't care less & will just ignore it. In my job I speak to a few public health people & they describe the SG approach as a shambles, and things such as this get announced with absolutely zero guidance on implementation issued beforehand. "Working in the dark most of the time" is how one described it to me. 

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Another total waste of money duplicating a system already in place in the UK. They've paid a Danish company 600K to develop a system we could already be using if the power freaks in Hollyrood had any sense.

Oh,and anyone thinking Hearts will somehow be forcing the SG hand with this move is buttoned up the back, they honestly couldn't care less & will just ignore it. In my job I speak to a few public health people & they describe the SG approach as a shambles, and things such as this get announced with absolutely zero guidance on implementation issued beforehand. "Working in the dark most of the time" is how one described it to me. 

I agree that the SG might not take any notice, Nelly, but I’m happy that they have issued a statement.

That said, I would have started selling tickets for the Well game. If the SG do proceed with this, there should be no detriment to us, something that could potentially happen when this rumbles on to next week.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't see the problem.

Opens up another can of worms as some, without double jabs, bought their STs in good faith before this came into being.

Added to that, they said they are going to review it, like more restrictions, every three weeks.

I can imagine the melee if they do away with it after three weeks after the clubs have put in place infrastructure to implement it.

We’ll see !

Edited by Boab

Back of the Bus
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Under GDPR you would need to consent for the club to hold this personal info so it shouldn’t be a data protection issue. Insurance companies hold medical data as it’s necessary for their operations. 

This will still mean a resource/ systems cost to the club given the records will have to be maintained / updated compliantly. 

To say nothing of what’ll happen should under 15’s be “expected / encouraged” to be jabbed.

Big ask with only a couple of weeks until it kicks in. 

Edited by Back of the Bus

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

they just get the crayons out , probably pished, and make up new nonsense as per usual. 
Bit like the cat scratching posts littered about Edinburgh’s roads.  Idiots that just love the look and sound of themselves. This scheme is so unworkable it would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bloody stupid.  

100% this... I get the feeling some of these people get into positions of authority with no previous experience of handling such issues and want to make a name for themselves. I have absolutely no proof of this of course (before the pedant mouth pieces jump in)... just a hunch. I'll bet I'm not far off the mark. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

2 hours ago, Boab said:

It’s places like Ibrox and Parkhead that will ensure it’s spot checks.

Watch this space.

I think, if it goes ahead, this is exactly what will happen. The club will announce random checks and if you cant provide proof, you'll be asked to leave/not allowed in.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)