Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all good, Neil Dungcaster has already sent a strongly worded email to the Scottish Government, asking for full details and guidelines before letting Celtic and Rangers know.......

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Its all good, Neil Dungcaster has already sent a strongly worded email to the Scottish Government, asking for full details and guidelines to be sent to Celtic and Rangers, so they can let Neil and the rest of Scottish football know what Celtic and Rangers want .......

Corrected that for you.

Back of the Bus
8 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Season ticket holders are ok. Match day tickets for general sale.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out at the turnstiles! 

1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

Doesn’t mention if season ticket holders will be in the stadium. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-update-motherwell-h

I imagine the delay with selling match tickets is because they want to understand whether the check will have to be done at the stadium or whether it will be possible to do it online at the point of purchase. Easier to wait than to delay selling that start selling and then have to go back to those customers to ask them about vaccine status and potentially tell some of them they can't attend.

If the online option, then clubs will set up something for season ticket holders to uconfirm their vaccine status. Obviously regardless, that doesn't answer the question of what will be done about season ticket holders who have bought a ticket but now can't attend. Will the cost of that fall on the season ticket holder, the club or Government. Wait and see time for now.

24 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Surely spot checks ? Anything else is madness

With season ticket holders you could maybe register your vaccine passport with the club either online or by taking it to T.O.  Once it’s done it’s done and no need to check further. It’s a nuisance but seems better than checking at the turnstiles. 

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

With season ticket holders you could maybe register your vaccine passport with the club either online or by taking it to T.O.  Once it’s done it’s done and no need to check further. It’s a nuisance but seems better than checking at the turnstiles. 

So will this prevent lending a ST to a friend?

Jambo in Bathgate
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So will this prevent lending a ST to a friend?

I would think so. However this has to be done very carefully as the data on the passport will be linked into a unique NHS number for each person who has a passport. A data breach could potentially be costly for clubs. Especially if away fans are involved. I see potential damages claims. This strategy has not been well thought out. There are many problems down the line unless it’s a visual show as approach the turnstiles. 

Edited by Jambo in Bathgate
Addition

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How would they know?

Exactly. The whole thing is unworkable and the SG need to do a U-turn pronto 

2 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I would think so. However this has to be done very carefully as the data on the passport will be linked into a unique NHS number for each person who has a passport. A data breach could potentially be costly for clubs. Especially if away fans are involved. I see potential damages claims. This strategy has not been well thought out. There are many problems down the line unless it’s a visual show as approach the turnstiles. 

I have to wonder just how closely the Covid passports would be scrutinised on approach to the turnstiles. Anything other than a cursory glance and it’s huge delays.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I agree, it’s ridiculous. It’s either left wide open to abuse or we start queuing at 12:30pm for a 3pm kick off. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I have to wonder just how closely the Covid passports would be scrutinised on approach to the turnstiles. Anything other than a cursory glance and it’s huge delays.

The policy is a disaster for clubs or any organisation who are involved with crowd control. 

Back of the Bus
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I’ve said it was unworkable for football crowds from the get go. 

You either confirm at the turnstile which will be an utter cluster**** as per the Gorgie Road turnstile debacle last week. Or attach to the season card that can be passed to all and sundry rendering the whole thing pointless.

Not the club’s fault in the slightest but will cost us dough either way no doubt. 

Back of the Bus
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why? 

This is not about whether it’s right or wrong. How does it work? What happens with away fans? 

The infrastructure doesn’t exist to support this. (Other than showing yer vax passport at the turnstile.)

That’s just a fact. 

Edited by Back of the Bus

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why? 

Are you happy with your personal medical data being held beyond the NHS. We have been working without these passports for the last 2 months. Where is the evidence that they will reduce COVID infections? 

4 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

This is not about whether it’s right or wrong. How does it work? What happens with away fans? 

The infrastructure doesn’t exist to support this. (Other than showing yer vax passport at the turnstile.)

That’s just a fact. 

Of course the infrastructure doesnt exist in name but its really not a big step to put it in place. 

For instance Skiddle already have a backdoor to add conditions of entry to events , id assume ticketmaster are the same. Most of these gateways are similar. Adding an enter your QR code here part isnt going to be difficult. There will be a national database already in place as you can access it yourself. Its not complicated for those to then give a thumbs up or down without giving any personal info. In fact it would be easier than asking people to confirm it themselves. Tying it to a ST wont be difficult either , none of it is difficult its just a case of doing it. Saying its unworkable or it will definately cause huge delays is just wrong. 

There will always be people who will abuse the system , limiting that and any hospitality attendees is where time may be consumed. As for away fans. If its in place as a law then it is just a case of selling tickets to people who can or have confirmed their vaxx status. Spot checks to deter people abusing the system. It wont be perfect as it cant be. Then it comes down to the morals of people as to if they abuse the system and put people at risk or dont

6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Are you happy with your personal medical data being held beyond the NHS. We have been working without these passports for the last 2 months. Where is the evidence that they will reduce COVID infections? 

What medical data needs to be given outside of a QR code that can be automatically thumbsed up or down by a national database held by wait for it the NHS. No one needs your personal medical data outside of if youve had two jabs. On that who gives a **** , just incase you deal with it and get my personal medical data on my vaxx status. As of now iv had 1 jab 👍🏻🙈

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Of course the infrastructure doesnt exist in name but its really not a big step to put it in place. 

For instance Skiddle already have a backdoor to add conditions of entry to events , id assume ticketmaster are the same. Most of these gateways are similar. Adding an enter your QR code here part isnt going to be difficult. There will be a national database already in place as you can access it yourself. Its not complicated for those to then give a thumbs up or down without giving any personal info. In fact it would be easier than asking people to confirm it themselves. Tying it to a ST wont be difficult either , none of it is difficult its just a case of doing it. Saying its unworkable or it will definately cause huge delays is just wrong. 

There will always be people who will abuse the system , limiting that and any hospitality attendees is where time may be consumed. As for away fans. If its in place as a law then it is just a case of selling tickets to people who can or have confirmed their vaxx status. Spot checks to deter people abusing the system. It wont be perfect as it cant be. Then it comes down to the morals of people as to if they abuse the system and put people at risk or dont

I think you’re assuming everyone has an iPhone, a printer or access to the internet. 

The whole Covid passport thing is a complete shambles put in place by an incompetent Government who couldn’t run a bath. 

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

I think you’re assuming everyone has an iPhone, a printer or access to the internet. 

The whole Covid passport thing is a complete shambles put in place by an incompetent Government who couldn’t run a bath. 

No im just dont need to find difficulties in something that can be made very simple. 

so no iphone , printer or access to the internet in 2021 is not many people. Access to the internet esp , go to the club and utilise theirs. Not hard to set that up for people. Inconvenience 10mins once then not again. Go to the ticket office for your ticket. No problem take your id , database has your qr code checks the name entered against the database if it doesnt match it doesnt work. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

No im just dont need to find difficulties in something that can be made very simple. 

so no iphone , printer or access to the internet in 2021 is not many people. Access to the internet esp , go to the club and utilise theirs. Not hard to set that up for people. Inconvenience 10mins once then not again. Go to the ticket office for your ticket. No problem take your id , database has your qr code checks the name entered against the database if it doesnt match it doesnt work. 

You’ve got me convinced that it’s easily set up. Totally open to abuse though?

11 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Agreed 👍

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I imagine the delay with selling match tickets is because they want to understand whether the check will have to be done at the stadium or whether it will be possible to do it online at the point of purchase. Easier to wait than to delay selling that start selling and then have to go back to those customers to ask them about vaccine status and potentially tell some of them they can't attend.

If the online option, then clubs will set up something for season ticket holders to uconfirm their vaccine status. Obviously regardless, that doesn't answer the question of what will be done about season ticket holders who have bought a ticket but now can't attend. Will the cost of that fall on the season ticket holder, the club or Government. Wait and see time for now.

I can't see how it could be done online. ST holder, double jabbed submits barcode, can't make game and gives ST to someone who hasn't been double jabbed.

No idea how they'll sort this 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve got me convinced that it’s easily set up. Totally open to abuse though?

Yeah , sadly i dont think theres any way around that without spot checks and hope you catch those abusing the system. Human nature is not such that it will respect it if theres a way to abuse it imo

Dagger Is Back
14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Pretty much nailed it

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I can't see how it could be done online. ST holder, double jabbed submits barcode, can't make game and gives ST to someone who hasn't been double jabbed.

No idea how they'll sort this 

Thats where spot checks may work but chances of a spot check catching say 100 out of 19000 , unlikely at best. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yeah , sadly i dont think theres any way around that without spot checks and hope you catch those abusing the system. Human nature is not such that it will respect it if theres a way to abuse it imo

👍. Just seems a bit pointless to me. I’m double jabbed but if I was the type, I could easily go to every game if I hadn’t had any Covid vaccines. It’s not even hard to work it out. 

Back of the Bus
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

And this can be solved with the click of a finger with parity across all Scottish clubs ticketing systems linking season ticked ID’s to medical QR codes accommodating both home and away fans? 

Bearing in mind Wheatfield fans couldn’t get into the ground via the Gorgie turnstiles for the Hibs game until the stewards announced they actually could after the game had kicked off.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

👍. Just seems a bit pointless to me. I’m double jabbed but if I was the type, I could easily go to every game if I hadn’t had any Covid vaccines. It’s not even hard to work it out. 

Indeed , that is where the argument of its unworkable to me is apt. Not in oh how do we do it but how do we stop it being abused. 

Jambo in Bathgate
29 minutes ago, sadj said:

What medical data needs to be given outside of a QR code that can be automatically thumbsed up or down by a national database held by wait for it the NHS. No one needs your personal medical data outside of if youve had two jabs. On that who gives a **** , just incase you deal with it and get my personal medical data on my vaxx status. As of now iv had 1 jab 👍🏻🙈

It’s not the data for your or my vaccines status but the fact there’s a number within the QR code to identify you me or any individual which links to your NHS records. This brings with it security issues for all sorts of things. Data breaches happen and this is an open invitation to data theft and hacking.

Edited by Jambo in Bathgate
Correction

Just now, Back of the Bus said:

And this can be solved with the click of a finger with parity across all Scottish clubs ticketing systems linking season ticked ID’s to medical QR codes accommodating both home and away fans? 

Bearing in mind Wheatfield fans couldn’t get into the ground via the Gorgie turnstiles for the Hibs game until the stewards announced they actually could after the game had kicked off.

Away tickets you sell through your own club , again just a lazy excuse to say thats not doable. If using something like skiddle its 💯 not an argument as yes you could link the national database to it to be checked. It can be solved by a national database and a few techy people. Its really not a big deal at all. 

People abusing the system is a different matter. Though personally away fans at Tynie im non plussed about if they arent there. 

Back of the Bus
Just now, sadj said:

Away tickets you sell through your own club , again just a lazy excuse to say thats not doable. If using something like skiddle its 💯 not an argument as yes you could link the national database to it to be checked. It can be solved by a national database and a few techy people. Its really not a big deal at all. 

People abusing the system is a different matter. Though personally away fans at Tynie im non plussed about if they arent there. 

Mate - I’m not saying it’s not doable. 

it’s not a 2 week job though. Realistically you’re looking at 2022 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , that is where the argument of its unworkable to me is apt. Not in oh how do we do it but how do we stop it being abused. 

Quite, sadj.

It’s the law of averages really. Some, or most, age groups are high in the % that are double vaxxed. 
This is only going to cause trouble in the short term. Even the politicians have hinted on possible disorder !

Just concentrate on getting most of the population vaxxed and the risks, or lack of, will take care of themselves.

Think hearts have been very cute as this shows up the policy for what it is , a farce ! It certainly helps put pressure on the SG

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Vaccine pass will be spot checks. I was at an event on Saturday which needed a pic of a negative test for entry. Never even checked 

Another thing about spot checks. If they, for argument’s sake, have to carry out a thousand checks, do you think the majority will be guys in their 50’s/ 60’s or guys in their 20’s ?

🤷‍♂️

Checking everyone before entry is not that difficult. Any time I go to a pro sports game here they check everyone over for contraband. Was just at a Vancouver Whitecaps game last week. You empty your pockets , go through a metal detector just like at the airport then they scan you with a hand detector. Nothing to it. All they need to do is check your passport and picture ID. Much ado about nothing IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Another thing about spot checks. If they, for argument’s sake, have to carry out a thousand checks, do you think the majority will be guys in their 50’s/ 60’s or guys in their 20’s ?

🤷‍♂️

Easy targets. Hospitality or older folk

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Think hearts have been very cute as this shows up the policy for what it is , a farce ! It certainly helps put pressure on the SG

As I said, Scotland is a shambles.

4 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Its all good, Neil Dungcaster has already sent a strongly worded email to the Scottish Government, asking for full details and guidelines before letting Celtic and Rangers know.......

Total prik of a cretin.....

1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

That’s just a fact. 

I had my 2 jags way back but I've no proof? How do I get a ticket as I was hoping  to pay it at office, ? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)