Garry Halliday

Vlad the impaler

Vlad the impaler

Yesterday through the foh and Garry,me and my wife attended a plot ceremony at tynecastle. I just want to take the time to acknowledge Garry and the work him and his family have done and are continuing to do for the love of our club. The Passion in the way he speaks about the club,us fans (or saviours as he put it) and saying were the club can go for future generations is really lump In the throat stuff. The day was fantastic,we had photos taken on the pitch,in the changing room,tunnel and had guest speakers who were our ceo Andrew Mckinley,Stuart Wallace and Walter Kidd. The best of the lot was Garry himself who gave the maroon version of a William Wallace speech. He should be very proud of what he’s done to secure our club for future generations and will be a big loss for his enthusiasm alone when he steps down next year. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Ps- was shocked to see Robbie’s  tactics still on the board from the hibs game,photo enclosed🤣

Vlad the impaler
Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Yesterday through the foh and Garry,me and my wife attended a plot ceremony at tynecastle. I just want to take the time to acknowledge Garry and the work him and his family have done and are continuing to do for the love of our club. The Passion in the way he speaks about the club,us fans (or saviours as he put it) and saying were the club can go for future generations is really lump In the throat stuff. The day was fantastic,we had photos taken on the pitch,in the changing room,tunnel and had guest speakers who were our ceo Andrew Mckinley,Stuart Wallace and Walter Kidd. The best of the lot was Garry himself who gave the maroon version of a William Wallace speech. He should be very proud of what he’s done to secure our club for future generations and will be a big loss for his enthusiasm alone when he steps down next year. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Ps- was shocked to see Robbie’s  tactics still on the board from the hibs game,photo enclosed🤣

24FB238C-9173-44F9-9DFA-3F41D1FE1196.jpeg.cc58bd920741e5ea882b15b7045e13bd.jpeg

It was a great afternoon, hosted very well by Garry. It's always nice for me to be at such an event with my people, Hearts fans. 

Great to get onto the pitch and imagine what it's like for our players when the ground is rocking.  We have a fantastic, proper, football ground.

Vlad the impaler
20 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Gary is a top man.

Also did a great job in my garden ☺️

I wondered where he got the grass for they turf divets he’s selling for £51 a pop🤣👍🏻

Had a great time. Nice to get free reign in changing room and even on a bit of the pitch to see your plot. 
Saw the lad do the 5-1 on the board. 
It was originally FTH lol. 

Was a fantastic day, with everyone one there made to feel special and Garry's speech was extremely emotional. I was the big child that arranged the magnets to say 5-1 but unfortunately can't upload my photos 😁

16 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Was a fantastic day, with everyone one there made to feel special and Garry's speech was extremely emotional. I was the big child that arranged the magnets to say 5-1 but unfortunately can't upload my photos 😁

Nice work!

Vlad the impaler
24 minutes ago, Matty said:

Had a great time. Nice to get free reign in changing room and even on a bit of the pitch to see your plot. 
Saw the lad do the 5-1 on the board. 
It was originally FTH lol. 

C’mon to fcuk hearts,put more magnets out so we coulda had both🤣

Got an e mail from FOH today. 

Given me a choice of four dates. 

Probably take my friend/ match day companion with me. 

My wife's not really into football. 

Sounds like a great day out. 👍

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Got an e mail from FOH today. 

Given me a choice of four dates. 

Probably take my friend/ match day companion with me. 

My wife's not really into football. 

Sounds like a great day out. 👍

My wife hates football but loved the day out yesterday mate 👍

It was a brilliant day on Sunday, well done to all involved in putting these days together.

If you get an invite to attend your plot ceremony you need to go.

Amazing being out on the pitch and getting access to the dugouts, changing rooms etc.

The missus enjoyed it and we had a nice wee glass of champagne and a buffet lunch too. 

20 minutes ago, bornajambo said:

Got my email too with a few dates to choose from, can I ask what the dress code is please?

Cheers

When I went is was a mixed some smart casual a few with jeans and trainers we got a meal as well not sure if they’re still doing that 

35 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

When I went is was a mixed some smart casual a few with jeans and trainers we got a meal as well not sure if they’re still doing that 

Thanks,

Think it's a glass of champagne with a buffet lunch. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, bornajambo said:

Thanks,

Think it's a glass of champagne with a buffet lunch. Looking forward to it.

Enjoy take a hanky when Gary Halliday gives his speech 

gorgie rd eh11
53 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Enjoy take a hanky when Gary Halliday gives his speech 

Garry was brilliant when I was there. I took my old dad and he was in tears.

I was quite emotional at mine

Im a soppy tart at the best of times but was surprised at this.

Reminded me how important everyone who contributed and continues to do so is to the club

Its ours.

Not an owners

Not a chairperson 

Ours

Vlad the impaler

Sounds like everyone that has went has had the same enjoyable experience as me. For those still to go you’ll have a great time👍🏻

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Sounds like everyone that has went has had the same enjoyable experience as me. For those still to go you’ll have a great time👍🏻

Mine was several years ago but I really enjoyed it. 

• 1 month later...

Was there yesterday, what a fabulous day.

Garry spoke from the heart, what a great guy.

Guest speakers were Robbie, Stuart Wallace, Bryan Jackson and a guy from Mortons equivalent to FOH.

Bryan Jackson recalling how our wee neighbours tried to scupper the deal in Lithuania was just ridiculous, fecking hate them and hope they go through something similar.

What are the qualifications for a plot ceremony?  I have been a contributor since day one. Never wavered and never will! Think I would even make a trip home should they offer me one. 

17 minutes ago, Canscot said:

What are the qualifications for a plot ceremony?  I have been a contributor since day one. Never wavered and never will! Think I would even make a trip home should they offer me one. 

Check out the site https://www.foundationofhearts.org/about-the-fans-reward-scheme/

I just received an email out of the blue, like you I’ve been a contributor since it started so they’ll probably get round to you soon.

1000 points qualifies you to be invited to your plot ceremony. You get 1.5 points for every £1.00 you contribute.
It is a fantastic day and I would highly recommend it. 

I attended on Sunday for my plot ceremony and there were 14 tables of co-owners receiving their certificates- well done all.

I feel like I totally lucked out this weekend as was at the game on Saturday and ceremony on Sunday where Bryan Jackson and Robbie were the guests. If Carlsberg did weekends....

But a particulate shout out to Stuart and Garry for all their dedication and hard work for the FOH- huge respect to these guys. Until my next trip over.