• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Rogue Daddy

julienbrellier

It’s nothing to do with what they are singing it’s about bending over backwards to accommodate them and giving them a huge advantage by having their fans there when we don’t have the same opportunity to go to their stadium. We should give them the minimum forever and at the moment zero fans. That applies to rangers and Celtic 

While I agree with the idea of not giving them any tickets if we are refused any for imbroke, our board have an obligation to maximise the clubs income, which includes selling as many tickets as possible.

Therefore it is up to us, as supporters to fill Tynecastle in the games prior to when we play them, starting this Saturday.

If the board see that we can more or less fill the ground on our own then they have a strong case to say we are unable to accommodate away fans when we have this "red zone" in place, exactly the same as the bigot twins are saying.

So the ball is firmly in our (the fans)court.

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

It’s nothing to do with what they are singing it’s about bending over backwards to accommodate them and giving them a huge advantage by having their fans there when we don’t have the same opportunity to go to their stadium. We should give them the minimum forever and at the moment zero fans. That applies to rangers and Celtic 

Correct. It could be any club.

Singing songs has hee haw to do with this. It’s only about fairness in allocations.

9 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Are they okay with the Celtic songs?

No whataboutery  I'm just surprised you didn't mention them.

Why would they be ok with the Celtic songs?

What just because they are catholic, are you serious mate?

Maybe the reason he never mentioned Celtic songs is because the threads about Rangers visit.

Das Viertel Hearts
9 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

These Hearts 'fans' don't seem to sing Celtic songs.  They just come over all girlishly giddy and very very protective when it comes to their beloved Glasgow Rangers and their songs it seems.  

It's a surprise and puzzle indeed.

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Why would they be ok with the Celtic songs?

What just because they are catholic, are you serious mate?

Maybe the reason he never mentioned Celtic songs is because the threads about Rangers visit.

I suppose the only relevance is that is now both of them who have given us no tickets this season. For no good reason either !

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

I suppose the only relevance is that is now both of them who have given us no tickets this season. For no good reason either !

I’d honestly be quite happy to never give either of them tickets again for Tynie.

As for going through there they can shove it.

5 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I’d honestly be quite happy to never give either of them tickets again for Tynie.

As for going through there they can shove it.

That’s why people who do go to both, myself included, are a bit miffed.

People who never go to Glasgow are unaffected. That’s two visits up the Swanny already this season.

I don’t have faith that the club will reciprocate. In fact, I’m pretty sure they won’t.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t have faith that the club will reciprocate. In fact, I’m pretty sure they won’t.

Probably right mate but I wish Hearts and other clubs would stand up to the uglies.

Its a shame if you like to go home and away but that lot say and do as they please and we just tip our caps.

21 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Probably right mate but I wish Hearts and other clubs would stand up to the uglies.

Its a shame if you like to go home and away but that lot say and do as they please and we just tip our caps.

I wish they would too, mate.

It’s not a new argument because of the pandemic. It’s been rumbling on for years. Business/finance against cutting allocations to the old firm.

We are not Livi or Kilmarnock, teams who have given up their grounds to them in order to have a good pay day.

I’ve always been of the opinion that in order to grow the home support, the club has to take the lead. I can’t think of a better time to start that process. 
Cut their numbers to what they give us and build up a support at these games.

It’s our club now. Ask us what we want and I’m sure the answer would be the above.

12 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

typical unionist reply. one sad bitter individual. 

31 minutes ago, Boab said:

I wish they would too, mate.

It’s not a new argument because of the pandemic. It’s been rumbling on for years. Business/finance against cutting allocations to the old firm.

We are not Livi or Kilmarnock, teams who have given up their grounds to them in order to have a good pay day.

I’ve always been of the opinion that in order to grow the home support, the club has to take the lead. I can’t think of a better time to start that process. 
Cut their numbers to what they give us and build up a support at these games.

It’s our club now. Ask us what we want and I’m sure the answer would be the above.

Amen to that.

SuperstarSteve

We didn’t refuse Doncaster entry I doubt we will rangers fans. 

Tried to question my mate on rangers antics on refusing away fans tickets. Celtic as well but reply was from a rangers mate.. 

“You need us, we don’t need you. If that’s no true your club will do the same but they won’t, they will bottle it. Your fans might own the club but realistically without us you would be ****ed”

Incredible arrogance from a supporter of a club who died whilst he sat back and did nothing. 

8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Tried to question my mate on rangers antics on refusing away fans tickets. Celtic as well but reply was from a rangers mate.. 

“You need us, we don’t need you. If that’s no true your club will do the same but they won’t, they will bottle it. Your fans might own the club but realistically without us you would be ****ed”

Incredible arrogance from a supporter of a club who died whilst he sat back and did nothing. 

We can’t refuse entry to Doncaster on a match day. We can, however, set whatever levels we want for League games for away fans. Also, if restrictions continue, we can follow Celtic’s lead and not allow any away fans for Cup games.

Edited by Boab

SuperstarSteve
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

We can’t refuse entry to Doncaster on a match day. We can, however, set whatever levels we want for League games for away fans. Also, if restrictions continue, we can follow Celtic’s lead and not allow any away fans for Cup games.

Partick did. They went unpunished for refusing Doncaster entry to their trophy presentation on match day did they not? 
Could be different rules for lower league though. 

Just now, SuperstarSteve said:

Partick did. They went unpunished for refusing Doncaster entry to their trophy presentation on match day did they not? 
Could be different rules for lower league though. 

No, mate, they had their presentation on the Monday after their game. They were well within their rights to tell him to F off !

Had it been the Saturday, he could have strolled up without hindrance !

1 hour ago, whyskey said:

typical unionist reply. one sad bitter individual. 

Read the post. The discussion had moved on to OF away support in general. 

There's then a post targeting one. 

If, as some seem to have picked up, he was referring to the Hearts support fair enough. 

39 minutes ago, Boab said:

We can’t refuse entry to Doncaster on a match day. 

I firmly believe we should prohibit access to ALL Old Firm fans. That slug included.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

I firmly believe we should prohibit access to ALL Old Firm fans. That slug included.

We can’t, mate. He’s the CE of the SPFL. 
We can give him it tight when he is in attendance mind !

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

I tried to get the Fields of Athenry going in the Wheatfield section C once, but nobody joined in :( and just kept munching on their crisps :( :( 

So it was you!! I had just put a new werther’s original in my mouth unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

So it was you!! I had just put a new werther’s original in my mouth unfortunately. 

Lucky you didn’t choke on it, Dave, with Val Doonican crooning away behind you !

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Lucky you didn’t choke on it, Dave, with Val Doonican crooning away behind you !

Dave does wear the Val Doonican jumper/cardigans😉

Hearts either have to give no tickets, 2 sections or the full stand. I hope it's nothing if they give us nothing. You can't give 1 section because segregation will not work at the back of the stand, the roller shute doesn't move farther across.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I prefer my tremendous idea of allocating them 15 tickets.

That is a tremendous idea. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

I tried to get the Fields of Athenry going in the Wheatfield section C once, but nobody joined in :( and just kept munching on their crisps :( :( 

I only like the dancy version. 

Get that banging out and I'm your man. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I only like the dancy version. 

Get that banging out and I'm your man. 

That last bit reminds me of my ex boss at Weatherseal who left his senior marketing post to become a George Michael tribute act. 

https://www.facebook.com/GM.tribute/videos/brendan-j-carr-im-your-man/217192202564855/

joondalupjambo
On 20/09/2021 at 23:02, Kiwidoug said:

I prefer my tremendous idea of allocating them 15 tickets.

An offer of 55 would be a hoot.

8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

An offer of 55 would be a hoot.

I'd offer 54 in memory of the old club.

Still would prefer #NotOneHun

Edited by Boof

22 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

3,500 at an average ticket price of £25 is £77,000. Assuming we make the top 6 thats just over £300,000 a year. Once you deduct additional stewarding/policing and offset that with increased catering they probably give us a minimum of £250,000 a year.

For a club that budgets for £15m turnover a year, its safe to say we dont need them.

10 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

3,500 at an average ticket price of £25 is £77,000. Assuming we make the top 6 thats just over £300,000 a year. Once you deduct additional stewarding/policing and offset that with increased catering they probably give us a minimum of £250,000 a year.

For a club that budgets for £15m turnover a year, its safe to say we dont need them.

Also, if even 2K Hearts fans took up those seats, you’re looking at £200K over those four games. 
So no loss at all really over a season.

On 20/09/2021 at 09:06, jonesy said:

In fact, why don't we go one step further and ask cinch for a few grand to cover every away end seat with cinch seat covers and a giant cinch banner?

Brilliant 🤩. I think the SFA referred the “Cinch” business to arbitration - has that been resolved yet?

Apparently TRFC’s opposition stems from Douglas Park’s concern that “Cinch” are a business competitor for him.
So it seems TRFC are prepared to try and scupper a deal that would benefit the rest of us; money that in the current situation could be vital for lower league outfits. 
Mind you, from what I read, Mr Park has provided numerous soft loans to the club just to keep the lights on, so I suppose they feel the need to back him on this. 
But would the director of any other club be able to get away with this? Would Hearts go unpunished if they tried to block a sponsorship deal?

A_A wehatethehibs
23 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

23 hours ago, Boab said:

Also, if even 2K Hearts fans took up those seats, you’re looking at £200K over those four games. 
So no loss at all really over a season.

For cat A games, think there's (guesstimate) 1000 tickets at £29(Bronze - lower) and 2600 tickets at £31 (Gold - upper) so actually a full Roseburn is £110,000 so your number is 50% short there, looking at more like £450,000 just for the ticket sales.  

Anyway you talk about turnover, it's not turnover the club is interested in, it's profit margin. The profit is the thing that can be used to improve the squad and the club next year. Not the turnover. So really, a 6 figure sum, is probably is a fairly significant loss which has an effect because the margin is probably not too high.

The big thing with a full Roseburn is the guarantee of the full sell out of both home and away allocations. That money is absolutely dead cert in the bank. Because we actually see a drop in demand for home OF games because a lot of walk ups are families and folk who don't get to many games. They want to see a Hearts win and enjoy their day out... my dad who doesn't get to many games, isn't typically too interested in paying those prices for OF Tynecastle games because he's a realist. Seen enough in his time to know, chances are we'll get beat. He'd rather go to a Livi game more chance of a win and less chance of getting bottled/coined. 

So you paradoxically open up the Roseburn with more tickets available to home fans, for a game where less home fans actually want to go. It doesn't make sense. When you think it through, it is easily understandable why they get the full Roseburn. It makes complete logical sense. It's not really about "needing" them it's about capitalising on demand and ensuring there's a bum on every seat. 

... Having said all that, this situation is about right and wrong for football, so reciprocation is required, if Rangers do not give us an away support then we must lock their fans out of Tynecastle and just sell the whole Roseburn to Hearts fans even if we lose a few quid. Folk would probably be keen to be there to witness the entire Tynecastle of 20,000 Hearts fans because that's a very rare occurrence. In fact I don't know if that would ever have been seen. It's about fairness, it is fair for the rangers players to face the same away circumstances, as they are giving to teams at their ground, IE no travelling supporters to get behind them and celebrate with.

So I am someone that fully understands why it typically does make sense to give the OF the full Roseburn. But in these circumstances, lock them out and make the point - what they are doing with failing to accommodate away fans, is wrong for football. Even though we probably will not win at ibrox, if we did, our players deserve to be able to celebrate with 900 PHM there because that is football. Totally different when you've got 95%+ capacity available to when we had 20% capacity available. And I hope Hibs do exactly the same thing even though it sounds like they've not got a pot to piss in with the failure to sell any players for the fake news £3-4m fees their PR team (the een) touted.