Away fans Ibrox !

MR INCREDIBLE

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That's fine for the away fans that are there to actually watch the football.

Celtic and Rangers fans are there for a nice wee day out of sectarian and racist singing.  Get them both to ****, I'd much rather we didn't have them at the games so we don't have to look at their ugliness, smell their unwashed disgusting funk, listen to their nonsense, pay for the cost of policing them, and repair the damage they cause.

Everyone else can have an away fans section though.

Maybe so, but that's Scottish football for you. Sadly.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Rogue Daddy

I’ll gladly donate an extra £20 or so to FOH if it helps offset any loss of not having a single Rangers fan in Tynie. If other FOH subscribers, who are able, did likewise and we sold even a couple of thousand Roseburn tickets to Hearts fans we’d not lose out. 

16 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

There's probably only 2 or 3 folk on here who go to Ibrox anyway.

Ha !

Quite, Mars. 
Looks the club are going in an altogether different direction though by not offering any walk ups tickets for the Motherwell game.

A bit of a shambles actually. No point having a discussion about away fans when home fans can’t buy a ticket right now !

Das Viertel Hearts
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Leave the entire away section empty and have a tinny ghetto blaster in row 20 belting out some of their party tunes. First Hearts player to hit the ghetto blaster with a wayward shot gets to be vice-captain.

Ha ha indeed a great idea and a solid statement... I would fear for the ghetto blaster lasting more than 15 mins with our shooting though...!!! 😃

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Ha !

Quite, Mars. 
Looks the club are going in an altogether different direction though by not offering any walk ups tickets for the Motherwell game.

A bit of a shambles actually. No point having a discussion about away fans when home fans can’t buy a ticket right now !

Disappointing that we'll not get any tickets for Ibrox, Boab. We'll be going up to Aberdeen at the end of October mind as it's a decent day out up there.

Why are they not selling them for Motherwell? I see on the webiste you can buy them for Livi on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Disappointing that we'll not get any tickets for Ibrox, Boab. We'll be going up to Aberdeen at the end of October mind as it's a decent day out up there.

Why are they not selling them for Motherwell? I see on the webiste you can buy them for Livi on Saturday.

Passport thingy is due to come in after Livi game. Motherwell is a week on Saturday, first game in Oct.

Feel sorry for some who would already be making arrangements for travel etc for Motherwell game.

It’s a mess, frankly !

26 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That's fine for the away fans that are there to actually watch the football.

Celtic and Rangers fans are there for a nice wee day out of sectarian and racist singing.  Get them both to ****, I'd much rather we didn't have them at the games so we don't have to look at their ugliness, smell their unwashed disgusting funk, listen to their nonsense, pay for the cost of policing them, and repair the damage they cause.

Everyone else can have an away fans section though.

Football is secondary to a lot of them,  like you pointed out    they are there for a bevvy and a knees up.....and to act like they are important ,   f...k them and give them smallest amount,   its like a home game for them with a full end? Hearts would play better imo,   without their  unwanted mobs here....

If we don’t give rangers a section we wouldn’t sell out the stadium, we’d also end up with pockets of rangers fans in amongst the home support. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

Yes but that has nothing to do with covid regulations, just want them to say truthfully what their reasons are.

Stop the propaganda.

It is to do with Covid regulations though.  They normally have about 49,000 home fans for league games.  Not sure how many ST holders they have but because of Covid regulations they need a red zone and they are having to move people who have bought ST holders in the red zone to elsewhere in the stadium.  Whether they really need the away section to do this I’m very suspicious about. 

However, for European games and League Cup games, these are not ST games so they can’t use the red zone argument about having ST holders to move.  To be fair, at least they did the right thing in the League Cup game and gave Dunfermline tickets.  I think there are rules about away allocations for the cups (definitely are for Scottish Cup which is 20% iirc) and presumably for European games but it didn’t stop Celtic giving us no tickets for the LC game - I’m not sure how they got away with that since there was a public sale and as someone posted earlier, only 42,000 at the game. 

We should give them both **** all this season at Tynie but there is zero chance of that and if we did, I’m sure the SPFL would take action against us.  We can’t use the same argument that Celtic and Rangers are using unfortunately.  Could probably use it to reduce their alllocation but not to zero. 

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If relying on away support is a fundamental part of your business plan to survive.... I repeat, should they really be part of a 'professional' league?... and we're not talking half a stadium here, we're talking about 3/4! That's embarrassing IMO.

Get the point your making 100%. It doesn’t send out a great message. The thing is though, and no disrespect meant toward yourself, as I fully get the sentiment behind your post, but how many clubs do rely on the income from the likes of the arse cheeks, even ourselves and the sheep etc for away games. 

Most clubs out with 4 or 5 in Scotland would lose thousands and thousands of pounds without literally giving their grounds away. they just don’t carry the numbers Vs their stadium capacity’s. It’s just the way it is unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's pathetic from a 'professional' club. Absolutely embarrassing. Needs must, I guess... but pathetic all the same.

Mind you, never done shellick any good - which is both funny and pleasing. But there is a big celtic presence in Livingston (having lived there for a few years)... you couldn't walk 10 yards at the shopping center without bumping into a hooped shirt or tri-colour/clover tattoo... and the men were even worse.

:gok:

AlphonseCapone

We've all seen the sporting advantage a full Roseburn gives both Glasgow teams. We've also all seen the chaos and criminality they engage in, though tbf besides the sectarian shite they both have in common, only the green and white horde have robbed kiosks etc as far as I'm aware. 

I know we're a business too and we can't get away from that, we've seen the consequences, but surely there are a few times in life where taking a stand is more important? 

Why can't FOH guarantee to purchase at least half the Roseburn for every game against the arse cheeks and distribute the tickets to schools and those struggling financially that can't afford to go to games? 

Fantastic for the community, fantastic for the the team and fantastic for the rest of us. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We've all seen the sporting advantage a full Roseburn gives both Glasgow teams. We've also all seen the chaos and criminality they engage in, though tbf besides the sectarian shite they both have in common, only the green and white horde have robbed kiosks etc as far as I'm aware. 

I know we're a business too and we can't get away from that, we've seen the consequences, but surely there are a few times in life where taking a stand is more important? 

Why can't FOH guarantee to purchase at least half the Roseburn for every game against the arse cheeks and distribute the tickets to schools and those struggling financially that can't afford to go to games? 

Fantastic for the community, fantastic for the the team and fantastic for the rest of us. 

I like the idea but do we really want to be putting school children in the same stand as some of the dregs of Scottish / Irish society?!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should give them 1 section. 

Why give them a section if they dont give you one? I wouldnt let any in myself, both cheeks have taken a stance, one which we can reply in kind in my opinion, dont think we need them

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

No it's the Rangers and Celtic fans.

So just the two biggest clubs in Scottish football, the majority of attendees of Scottish football, backed by the Scottish football media and backed by the Scottish football governing bodies.

Feels like Scottish football to me.

Until Scotland recognises that it's Scotland's problem both in football and society rather than just blaming Rangers and Celtic and hoping they just stop one day, it will never go away.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Give the away team a couple thousand like any normal established club and scatter the rest of their fans around the other stands, promote tickets, get kids along for free with an adult. 

If they can't get 3 or 4 thousand fans in for a home match then they shouldn't be playing in the premier league. **** 'em says I.

Do you not think they've tried all these incentives? They simply can't just magically fill these seats with Livi fans.

Your second point absolutely stinks and is something I'd expect to hear from an Old Firm supporter.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So just the two biggest clubs in Scottish football, the majority of attendees of Scottish football, backed by the Scottish football media and backed by the Scottish football governing bodies.

Until Scotland recognises that it's Scotland's problem both in football and society rather than just blaming Rangers and Celtic and hoping they just stop one day, it will never go away.

Predominantly West of Scotland problem.

As long as politicians in the West have no  stomach to stamp it out, and both clubs entertain groups like the Green Brigade and Broxi Bears(whatever they are called), and SFA/SPFL match observers keep submitting reports saying they heard no singing of a sectarian nature at their games, then we are alas stuck with it.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Give the away team a couple thousand like any normal established club and scatter the rest of their fans around the other stands, promote tickets, get kids along for free with an adult. 

If they can't get 3 or 4 thousand fans in for a home match then they shouldn't be playing in the premier league. **** 'em says I.

Are you proposing we should have a Premier League based on how many fans each team can get rather than how good they are?  There’s no sporting integrity in that. 

To be fair to Livi they’re a huge success story but probably gone as far as they can go.  Started as a works team then they became Meadowbank in the bottom tier with less than 200 fans.  Rebranded as Livingston and moved to their own 10,000 all seater stadium.  Won a major trophy, played in Europe and think they finished 3rd in the Premier one season.  You might not like what they’ve done, but you can’t knock their ambition and what they’ve achieved since their days as a wee diddy irrelevance when they were Meadowbank.  Unfortunately, they’re always going to struggle with the Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs fanbase that is already in West Lothian. 

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Get the point your making 100%. It doesn’t send out a great message. The thing is though, and no disrespect meant toward yourself, as I fully get the sentiment behind your post, but how many clubs do rely on the income from the likes of the arse cheeks, even ourselves and the sheep etc for away games. 

Most clubs out with 4 or 5 in Scotland would lose thousands and thousands of pounds without literally giving their grounds away. they just don’t carry the numbers Vs their stadium capacity’s. It’s just the way it is unfortunately 

You're absolutely right mate, even our away gates boosts the coffers of some of the smaller teams... there's just something about giving over half your stadium away, that just doesn't sit right with me. It's like giving up a decent advantage, to get some money in just to stay afloat... like selling your soul to the devil. It's just another reason why our league is seen as 'tinpot'. Very 'amateurish', and for me, devalues our game.

Yet again, it's these wee teams scraping around for any crumb or pound coin that the uglies chuck at them... and a major reason why nothing changes. Hopefully this review can come up with some answers.

Pasquale for King

About time Budge “stood” (you know like they do and we can’t at Tynecastle) up to them and said none of your sectarian/racist  fans will be polluting Gorgie next time you play us. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why give them a section if they dont give you one? I wouldnt let any in myself, both cheeks have taken a stance, one which we can reply in kind in my opinion, dont think we need them

Because we aren't petty! 

One  section for me, but I can live with none. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Give them I ticket.   Moral high ground kept...

Give them what they give us and forget any morals.   

Do rangers and their supporters have any..? 

Better than mine. 

Yip, 1 ticket is a cracking idea. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

About time Budge “stood” (you know like they do and we can’t at Tynecastle) up to them and said none of your sectarian/racist  fans will be polluting Gorgie next time you play us. 

Tbh, rangers don't really sing too many nawty songs at Tynecastle. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Good luck filling those seats 👍

I can't think of anything worse than the big games having no away fans. Even the tiny away support some of the small clubs bring adds to the atmosphere.

The atmosphere at the Celtic game was excellent though. On the whole I agree, but would love to see the OF will only two sections.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We should 100% be as petty as that.

What fun is football without petty grievances?

Fair point. 

I like the one ticket idea. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, pablo said:

The atmosphere at the Celtic game was excellent though. On the whole I agree, but would love to see the OF will only two sections.

I'm here in general, 1 or two sections only for away fans. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Better than mine. 

Yip, 1 ticket is a cracking idea. 

We wouldn't do it, but it would brilliant. 

One rangers fan in a section would look great.  

We do have to start sticking up to them regarding this. 

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You're absolutely right mate, even our away gates boosts the coffers of some of the smaller teams... there's just something about giving over half your stadium away, that just doesn't sit right with me. It's like giving up a decent advantage, to get some money in just to stay afloat... like selling your soul to the devil. It's just another reason why our league is seen as 'tinpot'. Very 'amateurish', and for me, devalues our game.

Yet again, it's these wee teams scraping around for any crumb or pound coin that the uglies chuck at them... and a major reason why nothing changes. Hopefully this review can come up with some answers.

I hear u mate. It’s like everything in life. Money talks. Creates this self entitlement and especially where the arse cheeks are concerned 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you not think they've tried all these incentives? They simply can't just magically fill these seats with Livi fans.

Your second point absolutely stinks and is something I'd expect to hear from an Old Firm supporter.

I agree. Clubs are just trying to survive.

If we continue to give these teams the Roseburn, we’re giving them more or less 20% of our capacity so it’s a bit rich demeaning other clubs.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Auldbenches said:

We wouldn't do it, but it would brilliant. 

One rangers fan in a section would look great.  

We do have to start sticking up to them regarding this. 

Giving them 100 or so would also get the point over. 

I'm not for banning away supports in general, rangers are a petty, horrible football club. 

As a rule, we shouldn't follow them in regards to anything. 

But.... It would be funny as **** if we did do as they've done to others. 

Quite justifiable as well Tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I hear u mate. It’s like everything in life. Money talks. Creates this self entitlement and especially where the arse cheeks are concerned 

👍

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, rangers don't really sing too many nawty songs at Tynecastle. 

😂😂😂

I remember a Hearts Rangers game at tynecastle going back a good few years ago and they started singing god save the queen and some Hearts fans started to try and sing flower of Scotland 😂

Sept 2004 0/0

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Forever Hearts

I couldn't give a toss about the songs, they have absolutely zero impact on me or anybody else. It's the wrecking of seats and toilets, abuse of kiosk staff and stewards and the utterly despicable throwing of coins at ballboys that should see them banned. Forever. 

31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Aaah you are little hun?

People are actually suggesting giving them no tickets, and you was suggesting that away fans were the lifeblood of atmosphere.

The "majority of attendees" might change at Tynecastle if you weren't in favour of giving them tickets.

So tell me, who was "hoping" it would just go away exactly?

Under the floodlight
51 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is to do with Covid regulations though.  They normally have about 49,000 home fans for league games.  Not sure how many ST holders they have but because of Covid regulations they need a red zone and they are having to move people who have bought ST holders in the red zone to elsewhere in the stadium.  Whether they really need the away section to do this I’m very suspicious about. 

However, for European games and League Cup games, these are not ST games so they can’t use the red zone argument about having ST holders to move.  To be fair, at least they did the right thing in the League Cup game and gave Dunfermline tickets.  I think there are rules about away allocations for the cups (definitely are for Scottish Cup which is 20% iirc) and presumably for European games but it didn’t stop Celtic giving us no tickets for the LC game - I’m not sure how they got away with that since there was a public sale and as someone posted earlier, only 42,000 at the game. 

We should give them both **** all this season at Tynie but there is zero chance of that and if we did, I’m sure the SPFL would take action against us.  We can’t use the same argument that Celtic and Rangers are using unfortunately.  Could probably use it to reduce their alllocation but not to zero. 

My point is that they seem to have planned for the season without any consideration for away supporters of Scottish clubs, why put season ticket holders in a section designated to the away support.They like other clubs knew about providing hot zones beforehand, this is all about money and gaining an advantage with only home fans present, as I said just tell it like it is and stop hiding behind covid regs.

I despise this rancid club along with their twin. I’m livid that there will be no official away support for this however I will still be in attendance for this fixture and will hope we can cause an upset like every other time I’ve went west along the M8. 

Horrible club, horrible fans. If we so much as give sevco one ticket for this fixture I’ll officially be making my feelings known to the board. It’s up to us to sell out the Roseburn and I’d happily buy a ticket to donate to fans that otherwise wouldn’t go. It’s not that hard to do if we pull rank and out muscle the erse cheeks. 

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Iirc they claimed it was due to the red zones and that caused issues having Ng a safe away section for fans

If they really cannot make their stadium safe to host a small % of away fans, then close the ****ing dump down. 

We 100% must reciprocate, this mob need taken down several pegs - they are even more arrogant than the dead club they impersonate. 

10 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Aaah you are little hun? 

Thankfully not, no. I'm just no longer very close to the cesspit of Scottish football so I'm quite comfortable calling it out for what it is.

People are actually suggesting giving them no tickets, and you was suggesting that away fans were the lifeblood of atmosphere.

I do believe away fans are the lifeblood of atmosphere.

The "majority of attendees" might change at Tynecastle if you weren't in favour of giving them tickets. 

The majority of attendees at Tynecastle are Hearts fans. I'm absolutely in favour of giving them tickets but I'll never in a million years be in favour of giving them the majority of our tickets. One section or so would be fine.

So tell me, who was "hoping" it would just go away exactly?

The people who moan about it but fail to recognises it's endemic due to the fabric of society. Rangers and Celtic prey on it but they didn't create it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because we aren't petty! 

One  section for me, but I can live with none. 

Speak for yourself, give me nada

How many families and individuals will not go to a Celtic or Rangers game at Tynecastle because of the vile that comes from the Old Firm fans. Did we need the Celtic away support in our first game this season in the league NO. Yes Tynie was bouncing and was enjoyed without the filthy songs and vile abuse. As for Rangers is they don’t want to give us Ibrox seats we should say you will never get tickets for Tynecastle unless it’s a Scottish Cup game and the rules stipulate they get a percentage of the capacity.

**** the pair of them, they give us a shite allocation so we should do the same, give the arseholes no extra tickets compared to the rest of the teams in the league or if the concourse can be divided properly then give them one section each. The only team that should ever be given the full Roseburn for a league game is Hibs because it adds to the derby atmosphere & they do it for us.

edit: and as long as they don’t have away fans we should do exactly the same to them, give the ***** **** all

Edited by boag1874

40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I couldn't give a toss about the songs, they have absolutely zero impact on me or anybody else. 

This simply isn't true. Lots of people don't take their kids to these matches because of the sectarian chants. It isn't part of their lives and they don't want their kids subjected to it. 

I appreciate you're from the west coast where sectarianism is part of every day life and ingrained in the social fabric of society and therefore the impact such chants have on yourself is absolutely zero. 

😃

Edited by Savage Vince

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

This simply isn't true. Lots of people don't take their kids to these matches because of the sectarian chants. It isn't part of their lives and they don't want their kids subjected to it. 

I appreciate you're from the west coast where sectarianism is part of every day life and ingrained in the social fabric of society and therefore the impact such chants have on yourself is absolutely zero. 

😃

"Part of every day life" 😂🙈

I managed to take both of my kids to Tynecastle when we played the Old Firm and thankfully they didn't need counselling or end up traumatised. In reality they didn't really know what the away fans were singing and had forgotten about it by the time we reached the car anyway.