Away fans Ibrox !

MR INCREDIBLE

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Let them! Everyone else in Scottish Football knows exactly what they are.  They and their pals on the other side of Glasgow are the major reason the game here has been in decline for years. They deserve all that they get - or hopefully in this case don’t get.

I'd rather we had no away fans from the old firm at home games F them! There will be Hearts fans out there who don't take there kids or even go themselves to games against the arse cheeks. If we gave no away tickets then it would be may give these fans the opportunity to see Hearts v the Old Firm 20k Hearts fans v them gives us a even better chance of a home win against them.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Rogue Daddy

13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

This is funny because if we don't get tickets for Ibrox and then it comes to Hearts v Rangers at Tynecastle and we give them nothing or 1 section they will play the victim card again and kick off. 

hugh-laurie-two-thumbs-up.jpg

7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You are perfectly entitled to disagree and I have absolutely no problems with that. Personally I have no problems if for one match I have to cut back on my match day spending and instead make a one off payment to FoH of around £20-£25, which in turn woul help make sure HMFC do not lose out on the day. If others are struggling financially I fully understand that. I'd also like to see us then open up the Roseburn to walk up HMFC fans to make even more money.

I'm reading things about Rangers doing this as they have to relocate fans who would normally sit in their red zone. I checked the capacity of Ibrox and the crowd at Ibrox yesterday, when Motherwell were given no tickets. We have a red zone at Tynecastle and I believe it involves relocating around 800/900 fans for home games. The attendance at Ibrox yesterday was around 6,000 below capacity and I doubt for one second the red zone at Ibrox seats 6,000 people. They have made a stupid decision and we now have to make sure we don't simply roll over to the OF, when they need to be told to get tae feck then we need to do so.

This is a chance for FOH to show intent and place OUR Fans at the forefront of club policy. 

Stopping or cutting the OF allocation would give the opportunity to market the games as family friendly occasions. Instead of filling the Roseburn stand with foul mouthed bigots we could use the occasions to promote the club to families and capture the next generation of football fans. 

8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Dunfermline also had fans at Ibrox for the Premier Sports cup tie. The rules of European competitions and domestic cup competitions mean the home side are obliged to offer tickets to away fans.

We didn’t get any tickets for our LC tie at Celtic iirc. 

It's not about anything else than standing up for the supporters. If they allocate nothing to away fans we do the same in kind to their filthy inbred skin crawling supporters. No miss

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'd rather we had no away fans from the old firm at home games F them! There will be Hearts fans out there who don't take there kids or even go themselves to games against the arse cheeks. If we gave no away tickets then it would be may give these fans the opportunity to see Hearts v the Old Firm 20k Hearts fans v them gives us a even better chance of a home win against them.

I have already said this on another thread but I will repeat it for this thread.

I will not take my grandchildren to any game involving either of the "old firm" as I would not subject them to the secterian filth that spews for them and the threat of violence that permeates when they are around the ground and on our approach to the ground.

However if we don't give them an allocation I will gladly take them to the game. There must be many more people with the same point of view.

It is time for us to take this stance for the benefit of our supporters and just as importantly for the benefit of the team not having 3,500 bigots roaring their team on.

The problem we have is that, for Premier League games, we've already permitted away fans. Rangers and Celtic haven't - I'm assuming they have cited St holders and red zones as the reason.

If we tell Rangers they're not getting any tickets, they can point to the fact that we've already given away an entire stand to the hobos in the league... so we can obviously accommodate away support... while they can't and haven't as yet.

We all know it's pish... and I'd love us not to give them a single ticket! But we also know who's side the SPFL will come down on... even with the 'Cinch' fiasco.

13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Exactly so, I know quite a few folk who don’t go to these games with their kids for fear of being caught up in trouble. I reckon we could fill the place or near about if we just reciprocated what Rangers are up to and just don’t give them tickets. The same should apply to Celtic. - if they reduce our allocation for Parkhead then it’s  time to limit them to one section only in the Roseburn and ensure that that’s heavily stewarded and policed. These clubs have ridden roughshod over the rest of the clubs here for years. Time for us to set a precedent.

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We didn’t get any tickets for our LC tie at Celtic iirc. 

We didn't dave, although I have no idea if Celtic either possibly offered us tickets but HMFC declined the offer or if we were still operating at that time in a situation where no clubs were giving any tickets to away fans.

Edited by portobellojambo1

A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The problem we have is that, for Premier League games, we've already permitted away fans. Rangers and Celtic haven't - I'm assuming they have cited St holders and red zones as the reason.

If we tell Rangers they're not getting any tickets, they can point to the fact that we've already given away an entire stand to the hobos in the league... so we can obviously accommodate away support... while they can't and haven't as yet.

We all know it's pish... and I'd love us not to give them a single ticket! But we also know who's side the SPFL will come down on... even with the 'Cinch' fiasco.

Yes, we have done the right thing and made arrangements to accommodate the away fans. Who are part of the life blood and identity of our game. Away days are a central part of football.  They are looking to kill it. So that death of away supports at ibrox = the death of away days for Rangers fans in Edinburgh. It must be reciprocated.

So this is about pointing out that it’s what they’re doing that’s wrong, it is different when there’s a 20% capacity restriction compared to now where Ibrox has >95% capacity. 

35 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Livi aren't the only club that relies on a big OF away support to balance the books. There's not much more Livi can do, they can't magic fans out of thin air. 

I know... which brings me back to the whole 'professional club' question. Livi or St Johnstone or anyone, for that matter, can do anything within the rules of the SPFL, so they could give their entire stadium to the uglies if they wanted, that's not what I'm questioning. I'm questioning their 'professional' status. If they rely on the uglies to balance the books, that means they can't generate a big enough home support to support themselves. It just doesn't strike me as sustainable business model that can be described as 'professional'. Just my opinion, of course.

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I know... which brings me back to the whole 'professional club' question. Livi or St Johnstone or anyone, for that matter, can do anything within the rules of the SPFL, so they could give their entire stadium to the uglies if they wanted, that's not what I'm questioning. I'm questioning their 'professional' status. If they rely on the uglies to balance the books, that means they can't generate a big enough home support to support themselves. It just doesn't strike me as sustainable business model that can be described as 'professional'. Just my opinion, of course.

It’s a model that has sustained them for nearly 50 years since keeping home gates was introduced. 

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We could just not give them any out of spite, I don't think there are any rules on a minimum allocation in league games.

I personally like having a big away support, it is better for the game, but in this case, feck em.

The club needs to (or through FoH) get on the front foot re this. No away tickets, and promote by whatever means, to sell out Tynie. Very worst case, and let's be honest, we are not on our knees £€£ wise, we subsidise the unsold tickets to Big Hearts. Happy to subsidise that with donations, happily put a tenner in, to know that nae Sevco fans are in and it's Jambos or potential new Jambos having bums on seats...its not that hard and would put Hearts first, which is what should drive all decisions...we all know the actual on field advantage of reducing the number of zombies singing and shouting and helping their team out, its a win win from a maroon perspective. 

Edited by GavK1012
Typo

15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We didn't dave, although I have no idea if Celtic either possibly offered us tickets but HMFC declined the offer or if we were still operating at that time in a situation where no clubs were giving any tickets to away fans.

From memory we were not offered tickets as they needed them for their own fans/red zone etc. Then days before the game they were put up for general sale to their home fans. A quick check and the attendance was 42,000. They are just at it imo. 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Not one Hun.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Let's have a big marketing push for that game and sell out the stadium with Hearts fans only, I'd give them no tickets whatsoever! 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We shouldn't be giving them anything at all.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

This is a great slogan. Ranks alongside Only Hearts, imo. Get it put up all round the Plaza.

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Not one Hun!

Get it trending

#notonehun

I'd normally be in the 'give them 1 section' camp as having away fans makes the atmos at games but in this case I'm in with all of this above.

#notonehun

20 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You give different allocations to different fans. We give hibs one stand so they give us one. The fact we've already given away allocations is irrelevant. I'd rangers give us none we do exactly the same back to them. Absolutely  no debate to be had

Under the floodlight
44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They don’t have to move ST holders from the red zone in European games so they can’t use that excuse. 

Yes but that has nothing to do with covid regulations, just want them to say truthfully what their reasons are.

Stop the propaganda.

39 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You are perfectly entitled to disagree and I have absolutely no problems with that. Personally I have no problems if for one match I have to cut back on my match day spending and instead make a one off payment to FoH of around £20-£25, which in turn woul help make sure HMFC do not lose out on the day. If others are struggling financially I fully understand that. I'd also like to see us then open up the Roseburn to walk up HMFC fans to make even more money.

I'm reading things about Rangers doing this as they have to relocate fans who would normally sit in their red zone. I checked the capacity of Ibrox and the crowd at Ibrox yesterday, when Motherwell were given no tickets. We have a red zone at Tynecastle and I believe it involves relocating around 800/900 fans for home games. The attendance at Ibrox yesterday was around 6,000 below capacity and I doubt for one second the red zone at Ibrox seats 6,000 people. They have made a stupid decision and we now have to make sure we don't simply roll over to the OF, when they need to be told to get tae feck then we need to do so.

I hear that, mate.

If we can use the Hibs game as an example, there were only 500 walk up tickets available. They would be gone in no time for the Sevco game in December.

The argument then would be, if the Roseburn was open to only home fans, would we fill it ?

I’d say no but going on what a lot of people with kids are saying, it wouldn’t be a long way short.

It’s an old argument about away allocations, long before the pandemic btw, but I’m of the view that cutting their allocation is the way forward. A test event, the game in December, with no away fans, would gauge how many would step up. 
I wouldn’t pay more to offset that however. Let that support grow naturally.

When the red zones are removed, we could then offer them a reduced allocation. If they give us just short of a thousand for Ibrox, offer the same at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

You give different allocations to different fans. We give hibs one stand so they give us one. The fact we've already given away allocations is irrelevant. I'd rangers give us none we do exactly the same back to them. Absolutely  no debate to be had

I'm absolutely in the 'give em feck all' camp also... I'm just saying, as we have already given an away allocation to other teams, the SPFL will probably say 'give them tickets'.

mickycameron98

What about the away fans at Livingston yesterday. That is actually embarrassing from Livingston a premier league club and yet they must have given Celtic 90% of the stadium. I struggled to spot the home fans!

jimmy the jambo

Give them one section at Tynecastle & make sure the stewards insist they sit down at all times,Don’t let them off with the songbooks crap either,Have the police sitting handy to pull them out one by one,Make an example of them,The way it should be done.
That’ll make it a better game to enjoy. 

Edited by jimmy the jambo

The way things are going with the OF, I personally feel we will see none of their supporters inside Tynecastle this season. This is the OF's choice through sheer stupidity on their part.

2 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Give them one section at Tynecastle & make sure the stewards insist they sit down at all times,Don’t let them off with the songbooks crap either,Have the police sitting handy to pull them out one by one,Make an example of them,The way it should be done.
That’ll make it a better game to enjoy. 

1 Section and police down every row and get those plastic fencing what you see in European stadiums down the section restricting the view.

I would rather give them nothing and have our fans in the roseburn even lower the price for kids tickets Like I said in a earlier post some parents may avoid going to these games with the kids. 

25 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

As you said in an earlier post, Dunfermline were given an allocation for Ibrox on the same weekend of our game against Celtic. 
980 iirc, which is a normal allocation for Ibrox. Obviously, cup rules are different but I find it hard to believe we were offered tickets for Parkhead but declined. I think they, Celtic, made that decision themselves, which was ridiculous considering the attendance for that game.

4 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

What about the away fans at Livingston yesterday. That is actually embarrassing from Livingston a premier league club and yet they must have given Celtic 90% of the stadium. I struggled to spot the home fans!

Shambles of a club. I thought I seen a few weeks ago Livi fans started sitting behind the goal again thought the fans were returning to see Livi Celtic come and get the 3 stands. We have been there before and we have had the 3 stands but it's embarrassing in the SPFL.  I really hope Livi go down this season and fall down the leagues like Hamilton and Falkirk.

13 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

It's pathetic from a 'professional' club. Absolutely embarrassing. Needs must, I guess... but pathetic all the same.

Mind you, never done shellick any good - which is both funny and pleasing. But there is a big celtic presence in Livingston (having lived there for a few years)... you couldn't walk 10 yards at the shopping center without bumping into a hooped shirt or tri-colour/clover tattoo... and the men were even worse.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

What do you suggest Livi do? 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Football should have away fans.

Rangers are in the wrong on this, let's not join them.

We will not join them though.. purely because we will not sell enough tickets to justify it. 

We might be able to sell 2-3 sections of the Roseburn at which point a separation/barrier will be required. 

So here's the idea.

I would be delighted if Cinch wanted to pay Hearts some sponsorship money to place a a banner across a dividing section of seats covered in Cinch logos/website info etc. 

That would be a belter of a GIRUY. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's pathetic from a 'professional' club. Absolutely embarrassing. Needs must, I guess... but pathetic all the same.

Mind you, never done shellick any good - which is both funny and pleasing. But there is a big celtic presence in Livingston (having lived there for a few years)... you couldn't walk 10 yards at the shopping center without bumping into a hooped shirt or tri-colour/clover tattoo... and the men were even worse.

Still, nothing is as pathetic as other clubs who have a Celtic shop built in their stadium.

Just now, frankblack said:

Still, nothing is as pathetic as other clubs who have a Celtic shop built in their stadium.

🤣🤣 still cannae actually believe that... but I actually can, at the same time!

Give Celtic the tickets for the Rangers game at Tynecastle and give Rangers the tickets for the Celtic game at Tynecastle. 

Job done. 

29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'm absolutely in the 'give em feck all' camp also... I'm just saying, as we have already given an away allocation to other teams, the SPFL will probably say 'give them tickets'.

Hearts could easily counter should we get nout for ibrox.

For me like 10 tickets would be funnier. Token amount. 

7 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Hearts could easily counter should we get nout for ibrox.

For me like 10 tickets would be funnier. Token amount. 

...aye, and plant them in the middle of section 'G'.! 🤣

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're not as petty as that... 1 section. 

Morale high ground kept. 🤣

Give them I ticket.   Moral high ground kept...

Give them what they give us and forget any morals.   

Do rangers and their supporters have any..? 

jambo-in-furness

Since the building of our new main stand, (with the help of FOH donations) I have been an advocate of reciprocation ticket wise,  in my opinion we saved our club for Hearts fans,  therefore any chance we get to help our fan base grow should be taken.  In normal timesI the OF only give us less than 2% then we give them 400 tickets,  if they don’t like that tough!  At present,  if they give us no tickets then that’s the choice we should make too,  it will give us a chance to make our stadium family friendly,  something Ann Budge has been championing in the past yet has not had the courage to turn away the ugly sisters £s.  Time to step up now FOH are the major shareholders.

Being a travelling fan,  it really bugs me that I have extra expense due to altering kick off times and dates to accommodate the television coverage which is solely to suit the Uglies who btw get by far the greatest share of the tv monies, while we (the home fan) are inconvenienced time wise and financially.  While if I want to watch Hearts in Glasgow they only give us a few tickets and television coverage is almost zero unless I pay to watch The Rangers/Celtic tv streams.

Never forget,  Never forgive,  Pledge for life.

jambo-in-furness
21 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Give Celtic the tickets for the Rangers game at Tynecastle and give Rangers the tickets for the Celtic game at Tynecastle. 

Job done. 

That makes too much sense 

3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Since the building of our new main stand, (with the help of FOH donations) I have been an advocate of reciprocation ticket wise,  in my opinion we saved our club for Hearts fans,  therefore any chance we get to help our fan base grow should be taken.  In normal timesI the OF only give us less than 2% then we give them 400 tickets,  if they don’t like that tough!  At present,  if they give us no tickets then that’s the choice we should make too,  it will give us a chance to make our stadium family friendly,  something Ann Budge has been championing in the past yet has not had the courage to turn away the ugly sisters £s.  Time to step up now FOH are the major shareholders.

Being a travelling fan,  it really bugs me that I have extra expense due to altering kick off times and dates to accommodate the television coverage which is solely to suit the Uglies who btw get by far the greatest share of the tv monies, while we (the home fan) are inconvenienced time wise and financially.  While if I want to watch Hearts in Glasgow they only give us a few tickets and television coverage is almost zero unless I pay to watch The Rangers/Celtic tv streams.

Never forget,  Never forgive,  Pledge for life.

Good luck filling those seats 👍

I can't think of anything worse than the big games having no away fans. Even the tiny away support some of the small clubs bring adds to the atmosphere.

Seymour M Hersh

Even in normal times it's ripped my knitting that them and the other arse cheek get the whole end.  Whatever % of their capacity 900 is exactly the % we should be giving both cheeks.  And if they're giving us **** all tickets we do exactly the same to them. **** them. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

mickycameron98
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What do you suggest Livi do? 

Give the away team a couple thousand like any normal established club and scatter the rest of their fans around the other stands, promote tickets, get kids along for free with an adult. 

If they can't get 3 or 4 thousand fans in for a home match then they shouldn't be playing in the premier league. **** 'em says I.

56 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Football should have away fans.

Rangers are in the wrong on this, let's not join them.

That's fine for the away fans that are there to actually watch the football.

Celtic and Rangers fans are there for a nice wee day out of sectarian and racist singing.  Get them both to ****, I'd much rather we didn't have them at the games so we don't have to look at their ugliness, smell their unwashed disgusting funk, listen to their nonsense, pay for the cost of policing them, and repair the damage they cause.

Everyone else can have an away fans section though.