Big screens at Easter Road

The Mercer Takeover

53 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Totally agree.

On a side note, would they be allowed to show replays of things like that strange yellow card against Woodburn?

Don’t think you are, mainly due it highlighting shit decisions like that. In which case, what’s the ****ing point? 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Unknown user

• Harry Potter

• Auldbenches

Are they going to make them blend in with the stands more as it looks cheap as **** ( I know the stadium looks cheap anyway but they look out of place )

Lovely day for going to a game of football. 3pm kick off on a Saturday. Early season where every game counts, and they're unbeaten too. Yet only 13,000 could be arsed showing up. :rofl: Last time we had less than 14,000 at a league game was the 5-0 win vs Killie in 2014. :rofl: 

As for big screens, it would be nice to modernise Tynecastle with something like that but not high on the wish list. Even just an LED scoreboard for the time would be good. I did like at Murrayfield when we had the LED screens up, showing highlights of famous encounters with the opposition of the day. Helps build the atmosphere a bit and could also bring in extra revenue through advertising.

gorgie rd eh11

Further down the “soccerball” route. Dodgy foreign owner, ******* hilarious after their moral high ground crap. Dodgy attendance figures, diving cheating players, Long ball football. It will collapse soon and it will be joyous.

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Only 13k bothered to turn up and see them.

No chance their was 13 000 their. 3 or 4 hundred in the Dunbar end and half full other stands. 10 000 if you’re lucky.

4 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Just noticed on Sportscene, that the wee team have installed 2 very large screens. They look really good to be fair.

This is is something our FOH contributions should be paying for.

We must always be better than that mob.

The only screens we should be installing at Tynecastle are around the away end when the tramps and weegies are here, to prevent spreading of infectious diseases.

millerjames398
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We need to do something like in the film The Departed. Plant an undercover jambo in the Hibs inner circle and at the right moment they access the TV screen control room and put in the 22 in a row DVD, then lock the door to the room.

😂like andy defrais in shawshank redemption, lock the door, and just sit hands behind the head, feet on the desk, and a big cheezer😁🇱🇻

Not fussed either way about big screens but I wish they would keep the electronic advertising boards up behind the goals for all games, not just 

the ones on TV. Where I sit in the Gorgie stand I can’t see the game clock on the end of the board at non televised matches.

30 minutes ago, superjack said:

I wonder how easy it would be to hack into the screens and change the footage to a constant loop of all the goals from 19 05 12.

imagine the seeth,

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

🤣. He's actually a pal and old work mate. One one of those Hibbies that contort their views to make Hearts look bad. Many a conversation about his slavering! 

There are folk on here that contort their views to make Hearts look bad. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Are their screens taking up seating areas ?  as their attendance today looked pitiful for a team that’s been in the top 4 for 185 years (or whatever) according to Dross. 

We are planning to install some, but rightly prioritising on field and 2nd floor stand funding.  

additionally we don’t owe back wages, government loans and didn’t lay off staff . You would think that they would consider paying these before installing tellys

I think it might be that sportemongo.com that is paying for it.

Edited by Nobreath

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, gjcc said:

Feck subtle. 

CA4D24D4-AEAE-4D8F-91B9-559754A89888.jpeg

So many things we could put up on it. Non stop 51 adverts on a loop throughout the game. Hopefully watch them smash their own screens when they realise 

D1529BEC-4F39-4969-AFB5-029C7A872BF4.jpeg

535A13D3-D3E1-4D9D-81C9-6CCD6BDE71E5.jpeg

7B3ACD45-8CB3-425F-8068-3F3186B316AD.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, gjcc said:

Feck subtle. 

CA4D24D4-AEAE-4D8F-91B9-559754A89888.jpeg

So many things we could put up on it. Non stop 51 adverts on a loop throughout the game. Hopefully watch them smash their own screens when they realise 

I think that with the building constraints at Tynecastle we should be looking to just improve the match day experience as much as possible. Screens would be a nice touch. I'd love to see the insides of the stand walls coloured maroon too/ legends banners or something of that ilk. 

To have screens is a business decision and whether we can afford the initial capital outlay (but not to the detriment of the playing side) and that there is a return on investment that can be further invested into the playing squad.

For me, that is the balance.

Let Hibs have the bragging rights to have had them before us.  We know how that tends to end up.

Edited by DETTY29

20 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Just noticed on Sportscene, that the wee team have installed 2 very large screens. They look really good to be fair.

Home and away or neighbours?

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

D1529BEC-4F39-4969-AFB5-029C7A872BF4.jpeg

535A13D3-D3E1-4D9D-81C9-6CCD6BDE71E5.jpeg

7B3ACD45-8CB3-425F-8068-3F3186B316AD.jpeg

owuR9t4.jpg

Off topic but is there any reason why their attendances have declined so much? They had decent crowds before covid and have started well but each game seems to be around 13000.

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

To have screens is a business decision and whether we can afford the initial capital outlay (but not to the detriment of the playing side) and that there is a return on investment that can be further invested into the playing squad.

For me, that is the balance.

Let Hibs have the bragging rights to have had them before us.  We know how that tends to end up.

bragging rights are over a TV screen 😂 we could buy TV screens with a couple of months worth of contributions.. 

hibs have bragging right over nothing. They never have and they never will

portobellojambo1
On 18/09/2021 at 20:21, The Mercer Takeover said:

I'd prefer that any funding goes in other directions which will benefit the football side of the business. I don't go along to Tynecastle to sit and look at a big telly.

On 18/09/2021 at 20:25, 1971fozzy said:

Are their screens taking up seating areas ?  as their attendance today looked pitiful for a team that’s been in the top 4 for 185 years (or whatever) according to Dross. 

We are planning to install some, but rightly prioritising on field and 2nd floor stand funding.  

additionally we don’t owe back wages, government loans and didn’t lay off staff . You would think that they would consider paying these before installing tellys

Absolute tosh. I know someone connected to the club that was let go. 

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, maroongoals said:

they get advertising revenue through sponsors, probably a quick payback on investment

I wonder how much they’ll get off “Beep Beep Cars” and their “official Funeral  Services sponsors” to have their logos on the telly?

Yeah I think we should have at least one, would be cool if you could display the clubs badges too, isn't hampdens one like that? Would love to see one or two of those hampden type ones above one the main and wheatfield stands if possible.

9 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Absolute tosh. I know someone connected to the club that was let go. 

Deferred wages (have these been paid back ?) and mothballed their youth academy (edit - see that’s up and running now ?) , to name a couple of things.

How many did we let go ? And last time I looked we put new tellys on the back burner.

anyhow, it’s all tongue in cheek for goodness sakes

Edited by 1971fozzy
Youth academy

On 19/09/2021 at 01:04, Jambo92 said:

Old fashioned but I'm able to keep score on my head.⁴

Me too, didn't even lose count when we beat Cowdenbeath 10-0. The only thing I would have would be  better placed clocks as I don't think some can see them properly. Not fussed about big screens either.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 18/09/2021 at 20:21, The Mercer Takeover said:

Apparently, according to Hibs fans, wevare raging about their new screens. I didn't even know they had them and couldn't give a rat's ass.

FTH.

17 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Off topic but is there any reason why their attendances have declined so much? They had decent crowds before covid and have started well but each game seems to be around 13000.

Maybe clamped down on the purchase of concessions by adults. Maybe also stopped giving away free tickets to schools and counting them as seats sold whether or not they turn up. To be fair, even when they were announcing crowds of 15 to 16k, when you watched the highlights, the South stand was generally deserted (unless it was us, Aberdeen or the OF) and the other stands had big gaps everywhere. 

14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Maybe clamped down on the purchase of concessions by adults. Maybe also stopped giving away free tickets to schools and counting them as seats sold whether or not they turn up. To be fair, even when they were announcing crowds of 15 to 16k, when you watched the highlights, the South stand was generally deserted (unless it was us, Aberdeen or the OF) and the other stands had big gaps everywhere. 

If we aren't selling matchday tickets then perhaps they are doing the same?  Who cares though, we are bigger than them regardless.