If you think drawing away at Ross County is bad

John Findlay

I'm just making my way back to my partner's in Stoke, after watching Man City be outplayed for large parts of their game against Southampton at the Etihad.

Ii know all things are relative, but I would humbly suggest Man City at home to Southampton will be the equivalent of us at home Livingston next week.

Now if we draw 0-0 next week then there will be some cause for complaint.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm just making my way back to my partner's in Stoke, after watching Man City be outplayed for large parts of their game against Southampton at the Etihad.

Ii know all things are relative, but I would humbly suggest Man City at home to Southampton will be the equivalent of us at home Livingston next week.

When was the last time we beat livi at home in the league?

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

When was the last time we beat livi at home in the league?

Your point is caller?

A_A wehatethehibs

3 away games, no losses. That’s got to be some kind of record surely? Must be our best away Premiership run in some time. One for the stattos 

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Id accept a draw if we’d just thrashed RB Leipzig  in a Champions League Group game? 😀

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Id accept a draw if we’d just thrashed RB Leipzig  in a Champions League Group game? 😀

No you wouldn't have, if you saw this City performance. £100M for Jack Grealish. Aston Villa are laughing all the way to the bank.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, John Findlay said:

No you wouldn't have, if you saw this City performance. £100M for Jack Grealish. Aston Villa are laughing all the way to the bank.

Haven’t seen it yet mate.  MOTD tonight. I admit I like watching Grealish. Still no idea why City signed him. He would have been better off staying at Villa although I get the desire to win stuff. He’s at that age.

9 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Both teams were absolute honking defensively in that match it exposed a lot of how average  City are defensively that the better teams will exploit.

City take a while to get up to speed though and will no doubt go on a long unbeaten run again in the league but it will be much tougher this year with Chelsea and Liverpool and possibly Man Utd all in the hunt 

Edited by vegas-voss

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pep has announced he is going. City players are well off it. Will be gone at the end of the season imo

Stick on to replace Bob. 👌

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pep has announced he is going. City players are well off it. Will be gone at the end of the season imo

Talks some shit as well does Pep.Going on about being an International manager or going to a South American club will no doubt go to PSG who seem to be totally immune to FFP rules.

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Haven’t seen it yet mate.  MOTD tonight. I admit I like watching Grealish. Still no idea why City signed him. He would have been better off staying at Villa although I get the desire to win stuff. He’s at that age.

I think he’s the most frustrating player.. hugely gifted but just trying to earn fouls all the time . 

I agree though, City shouldn’t have signed him

49 minutes ago, benny said:

Worst City game for years.

John your a jinx.😆

My first 0-0 game in England for 42 years. My first one was at Highbury, November 79. Arsenal 0 Liverpool 0.

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My first 0-0 game in England for 42 years. My first one was at Highbury, November 79. Arsenal 0 Liverpool 0.

16 goals for City at Etihad so far this season

Then you come along.

We're you in the family section.

8 minutes ago, benny said:

16 goals for City at Etihad so far this season

Then you come along.

We're you in the family section.

Nope was in the East stand Section E third tier.

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

3 away games, no losses. That’s got to be some kind of record surely? Must be our best away Premiership run in some time. One for the stattos 

best it has been for a long time but if we had taken our chances today in the first half we could have won 5-2 :rifle:

Big Slim Stylee
53 minutes ago, the general said:

Why go just to make snarky digs? Loads on in Manchester today. Abbs from Five , soul to soul  playing amazing  restaurants and drinking places

Ooh what’s the script?😀

1 hour ago, the general said:

Why go just to make snarky digs? Loads on in Manchester today. Abbs from Five , soul to soul  playing amazing  restaurants and drinking places

Jings!

I thought that John just made a pretty good post about the football.  

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Jings!

I thought that John just made a pretty good post about the football.  

Kenny is man city loyal, John is a tourist train driver. Just by way of explanation my man.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Kenny is man city loyal, John is a tourist train driver. Just by way of explanation my man.

Thanks for that, Lf.  

You are as subtle as ever!  

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Comparing us to any man city game is crackpot crazy.

What if man city don't win next week are we ok 😂😂

the Hearts way
19 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Comparing us to any man city game is crackpot crazy.

What if man city don't win next week are we ok 😂😂

We will win next week . HHGH 

rudiatemyhamster
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’s the most frustrating player.. hugely gifted but just trying to earn fouls all the time . 

I think he needs to lose a stone.  He’s not fat or unfit.  He’s just too solid.  A stone off he’d be quicker.  

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just signed a new contract in the summer didn't he? He said something yesterday after his little spat with the fans about standing aside if they were unhappy with him but I highly doubt any City fan is. Wouldn't be surprised if on City Kickback there's a 'Pep oot' thread mind you.

11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Though John has seen City at the Etihad, often enough, pre Pep too.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, cheetah said:

If you think drawing away at Ross County is bad imagine getting beat of Brora Rangers...

Yip, we're improving. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Man City had one shot on target yesterday:

if people had followed Robbie’s advice from last season they would have been more entertained watching us than City.

Yet another thing he’s got wrong 🙄

Interesting that City had 40k fans when they were utter garbage and now they are really good they have about 45k! 

The glory-hunters just seem to prefer United & Liverpool for history and the Nouveaus favour Chelsea for glamour, leaving City out in the cold...

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Interesting that City had 40k fans when they were utter garbage and now they are really good they have about 45k! 

The glory-hunters just seem to prefer United & Liverpool for history and the Nouveaus favour Chelsea for glamour, leaving City out in the cold...

They have over 50,000 every league game.

55 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The crowd yesterday was 52,228. The Etihad capacity is 55,000.

57 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I find Pep teams absolutely shite to watch. 

I appreciate its technical etc. but his teams are so ****ing boring in my opinion. Would much rather watch a Klopp team or just anyone else. 

I think he's chucked it and is looking for an out. Falling out with the fans is a good way to do it too. 

47 minutes ago, OTT said:

I find Pep teams absolutely shite to watch. 

I appreciate its technical etc. but his teams are so ****ing boring in my opinion. Would much rather watch a Klopp team or just anyone else. 

I think he's chucked it and is looking for an out. Falling out with the fans is a good way to do it too. 

yeah I think he has a bit of a God-complex and once he decides he wants a new challenge he finds a way to go. 

I know it takes certain skills to operate successfully in the high-money end of the managerial game but I'm still not convinced that it is actually that hard to be a Mourinho or a Guardiola. Neither of them has ever had a club say "no" to them. It has now been a decade since Pep last won the CL and 11 years for Mourinho...Ancelotti is better than both of them

Edited by Spellczech

18 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Came on against Scotland after the commentators bigging him up for at least 20 minutes first, and did absolutely nothing apart from fall over. Again and again and again. It would have been laughable if the ref hadn’t obligingly blown for a free kick every time he did it.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Though John has seen City at the Etihad, often enough, pre Pep too.

Now Kenny is a diehard back to Maine Road days, yourself?

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

If you think drawing away at Ross County is bad imagine getting beat of Brora Rangers...

The mighty Brora tucked Tynecastle away 5-0 yesterday, same Tynecastle who beat Tranent other week, it's a funny old game 

6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Now Kenny is a diehard back to Maine Road days, yourself?

Yes, I have been to Maine Road. My first game in England was Loftus Road away back in November 79.

On 18/09/2021 at 17:54, John Findlay said:

I'll be disappointed if we don't win.

Livi play Rangers during the week and that gives our coaching/analyst staff ample opportunity to assess their strengths and weaknesses.  Add to that the possibility of injuries and tiredness bearing in mind they've just come off a tough game today as well against Celtic and you've got to think we should prevail.