BBC again

Jim Panzee

Alex MacDonald

On their Saturday coverage they told us twice that Harry Cochrane, not Alex, was starting, despite the fact he’s been with Queen of the South since the summer. Clueless and oblivious about any team’s squad out with their beloved toxic twins.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• part_time_jambo

• Riccarton3

• Wee Mikey

• Jim Panzee

Some weeks ago on BBC, “Tommo” was talking about Hearts’ prospects this season and suggested the club would be looking at a potential top-four finish.

David Currie off-camera clearly pulled a face prompting Tommo to take time out remind him Hearts were a big club in Scotland with a sizeable fan base and had assembled a decent playing squad. In other words it was a perfectly reasonable to suggest might do well this season.

I don’t know who Currie supports but it’s surely totally unprofessional for him to allow  his personal prejudices to rise to the fore in this way and interrupt a fellow presenter.

It would be nice to think his boss had a word, but I’m not holding my breath.

Edited by PortyBeach

Sportscene's biggest faux pax last Saturday was saying commentary from Tynecastle by Paul Mitchell, when it was Alex Lamond. Commentary from Fir Park by Alex Lamond, when it was Paul Mitchell. Amateurish all round.

21 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

On their Saturday coverage they told us twice that Harry Cochrane, not Alex, was starting, despite the fact he’s been with Queen of the South since the summer. Clueless and oblivious about any team’s squad out with their beloved toxic twins.

Even gave Harry an assist with the goal!

BBC Cochrane.png

6 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Some weeks ago on BBC, “Tommo” was talking about Hearts’ prospects this season and suggested the club would be looking at a potential top-four finish.

David Currie off-camera clearly pulled a face prompting Tommo to take time out remind him Hearts were a big club in Scotland with a sizeable fan base and had assembled a decent playing squad. In other words it was a perfectly reasonable to suggest might do well this season.

I don’t know who Currie supports but it’s surely totally unprofessional for him to allow  his personal prejudices to rise to the fore in this way and interrupt a fellow presenter.

It would be nice to think his boss had a word, but I’m not holding my breath.

Just as well he's not on Newsnight.  Would get suspended.

Bit frustrating too that they have singled out the club in a way that sounds very negative around the vaccine passport issue - 'Hearts: Vaccine passports still required despite 'grace period'

Hearts and Motherwell fans must show proof of double vaccination on Saturday at Tynecastle despite the Scottish government's "grace period" over enforcing the certification scheme.

From Friday, over 18s will be subject to vaccine passport spot checks to attend games with crowds above 10,000.

The system will not be enforced by Scottish government until 18 October.

But Hearts sought clarification and say they are "still required to implement the new protocols" on Saturday.

The club said: "Unfortunately, any person failing to prove their vaccine certification or exemption status will, in compliance with the law, be refused entry."

Fans at two other Scottish Premiership matches this weekend - Aberdeen v Celtic and Rangers v Hibernian on Sunday - will also have to show they have had both doses of the vaccine.

Hearts have urged fans who are exempt to provide proof.

The club's statement added: "Hearts would like to emphasise that we are obliged to follow Scottish Government legislation and we thank supporters for their understanding and cooperation."

I suppose it could be seen as a positive that the club are being shown as on the front foot as far as possible, but it does slant the interpretation of it as far as I'm concerned. Should it not have been titled- Scottish Premier league - Vaccine passports still required despite grace period?

manaliveits105

The wee hobo or ceptic fan at it again not updating the league table to show Hearts top when David Currie casts let’s have a look at the Premier League table - how are they still in a job ? 

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The wee hobo or ceptic fan at it again not updating the league table to show Hearts top when David Currie casts let’s have a look at the Premier League table - how are they still in a job ? 

Aye and must have been shortest match report of every feckin game and did you notice you games stats at side like every other game. 

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Aye and must have been shortest match report of every feckin game and did you notice you games stats at side like every other game. 

I'm not totally sure he did but I thought I heard that twat Currie bring up the Brora game when the three weejies were discussing todays game. He (Currie) really is a little nyaff.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not totally sure he did but I thought I heard that twat Currie bring up the Brora game when the three weejies were discussing todays game. He (Currie) really is a little nyaff.

Another 'St Mirren' fan. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My son told me crab hands said Hearts were top for a little while and had to be corrected by Thomson who said we may still be top tomorrow results depending.

Welt.

You're being too polite Jonno. Not like you. :lol:

I had a wee chuckle to myself when the league table came on, they just can't help themselves.

However, I rest easy in the knowledge, that us being top of the league, must be putting them all off their 'succulent lamb'.

part_time_jambo

BBC website report on Motherwell game:

Man of the Match Cammy Devlin.

Player of the Match Beni Beningime.

Confused?

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yep saw that. All the lower leagues were updated, just not the top league and our position. As per, with the BBC for us. That prick David Currie also took the opportunity to get a dig in, surprisingly Thomson gave us a fair bit of praise

A_A wehatethehibs

They are gutted to see Hearts doing well - fuds. This season is reminding me of 2014-15 Hibs and Rangers kept pace with us initially, then we started to open up a 20 point gap at the top. Same again this season

Geddyalexneil
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They are gutted to see Hearts doing well - fuds. This season is reminding me of 2014-15 Hibs and Rangers kept pace with us initially, then we started to open up a 20 point gap at the top. Same again this season

God that would be the best repeat job ever... oh and do we get to scud 10 0 this time😆?

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Geddyalexneil said:

God that would be the best repeat job ever... oh and do we get to scud 10 0 this time😆?

Based on today’s and last weeks evidence, someone is getting a pumping at some point mate, it’s coming no doubt about that.

Geddyalexneil
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Based on today’s and last weeks evidence, someone is getting a pumping at some point mate, it’s coming no doubt about that.

There are so many teams I hate now in the league it is hard to choose who I would want to scud the hardest!

4 minutes ago, Geddyalexneil said:

There are so many teams I hate now in the league it is hard to choose who I would want to scud the hardest!

Celtic surely. 

Maybe it’s 20 odd years of the arse cheeks winning everything that’s made the welts lazy?

suspect their thought process is “…it’s early in the season, doesn’t count what’s happening now, no need to change the tone…come April usual service resumed”

such a shame that when a team - any team - outside the ugly sisters - stands out - it’s not highlighted and celebrated.

It should be a great opportunity for the dinosaurs running our game - but sadly seems not to be taken

Clerry Jambo
17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Maybe it’s 20 odd years of the arse cheeks winning everything that’s made the welts lazy?

suspect their thought process is “…it’s early in the season, doesn’t count what’s happening now, no need to change the tone…come April usual service resumed”

such a shame that when a team - any team - outside the ugly sisters - stands out - it’s not highlighted and celebrated.

It should be a great opportunity for the dinosaurs running our game - but sadly seems not to be taken

Agree mate, it’s like getting a wee pat on the heid but go away 

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Agree mate, it’s like getting a wee pat on the heid but go away 

Which I can kind of understand. Media has to pander to an audience, it’s all about the coin. They start talking about clubs outside the bigot brothers and viewer / reader figures drop.

it needs a sustained run to change this.

2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

BBC website report on Motherwell game:

Man of the Match Cammy Devlin.

Player of the Match Beni Beningime.

Confused?

Man of the Match - maybe the reporter's pick or based on the stats

Player of the Match - based on the average of the player ratings from people voting on the website 

1 hour ago, Geddyalexneil said:

Dundee please , mcpake sounded broken tonight

Geddyalexneil
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dundee please , mcpake sounded broken tonight

I would say he was already broken due to 19 May 2012...

Mind finishing him of would be amusing😂

From the BBC live blog

Posted at 18:0318:03
Top-of-the-table Sunday
That wraps up our live coverage of another incident-packed day in Scottish football, but don't forget there's lots more tomorrow.

Reigning champions Rangers host Hibernian in a first-versus-second showdown, with both having the chance of going top of the Premiership ahead of Hearts with a win.

Have a look at the table and guess again.

Geddyalexneil
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Celtic surely. 

There's a lot to be said about hitting 10 against their wee team. After all it should have been on 19 May 2012!

1 minute ago, Geddyalexneil said:

There's a lot to be said about hitting 10 against their wee team. After all it should have been on 19 May 2012!

Definitely there’s no team I like to beat more than celtic though. 

Pat Bonner on sportsound really is a twat. He said after the games today Celtic 6 points behind (Rangers) and can’t afford to drop further tomorrow, nobody want to tell him they are actually 8 points of the league leaders😱😱.

part_time_jambo
20 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Pat Bonner on sportsound really is a twat. He said after the games today Celtic 6 points behind (Rangers) and can’t afford to drop further tomorrow, nobody want to tell him they are actually 8 points of the league leaders😱😱.

Sadly, Scottish football is so predictable that Rangers are the team they have to finish above to win the league.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

From the BBC live blog

Top-of-the-table Sunday
That wraps up our live coverage of another incident-packed day in Scottish football, but don't forget there's lots more tomorrow.

Reigning champions Rangers host Hibernian in a first-versus-second showdown, with both having the chance of going top of the Premiership ahead of Hearts with a win.

Hideous

Glencoejambo

Great, keep talking about the ugly sisters and ignore us as we quietly stay at the top !

Sounds like this team has really gelled well together!

2 hours ago, Nathan2012 said:

Add the fact that the league leaders have already pumped your scumbag,waank,dirtbags,sisterfister dream team.....    .aw Pakkie ,I feel your pain 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.    🤣

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

From the BBC live blog

Top-of-the-table Sunday

Can’t believe folk are getting bent out of shape over this pish 

6 minutes ago, Hesh said:

You obviously haven’t lived through the shite we’ve been through over the years , maybe too young ? 

5 hours ago, Hesh said:

They go straight to BBC on line to get outraged. :D

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this article earlier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58713216

They talk about whether Hibs can split the old firm, talks about the old firm but at no point mentions us considering we have been equal to them in points (and now ahead of them.)

I'm delighted that we're not in the headlines. If we can fly under the radar and keep winning matches without the added pressure of the media and their pish, we'll be better off for it IMO.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this article earlier

They talk about whether Hibs can split the old firm, talks about the old firm but at no point mentions us considering we have been equal to them in points (and now ahead of them.)

To be fair, that is just a preview of today's game.

Edited by spacerjoe

Another Robbo

They had a picture of Tynecastle up yesterday with a caption saying the match of the day was at Tannadice. Also noticed this in the match report 🙄

Screenshot_20211003-091012_BBC News.jpg

part_time_jambo
26 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

They had a picture of Tynecastle up yesterday with a caption saying the match of the day was at Tannadice. Also noticed this in the match report 🙄

Screenshot_20211003-091012_BBC News.jpg

It was immediately after mentioning Craig Gordon tbf, but it is really badly constructed. Another example of how far standards have dropped at the BBC.

Edited by part_time_jambo
Changed tif to tbf after proof reading. BBC take note.

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this article earlier

I noticed that too, and was all set to write to Points of View until I noticed the timings of the 2 articles. They obviously had to keep the Hibs fan piece posted, but must have been squirming/furious/embarrassed when they had to post the Hearts article.

part_time_jambo

It looks like the BBC gang have moved their support from Aberdeen to Hibs. Hope they don’t move to us when they are forced to acknowledge how well we are doing.

Listened to last 40 mins or so of Sportsound on radio, total avoidance of talking about Hearts going top, 

A 5 min interview with Craig Gordon near end of programme briefly mentioned the win and us going top, next 4 and a half was all questions about up coming Scotland games. 

They all really don't like Hearts at the BBC

Edited by assessor
Spelling error

48 minutes ago, assessor said:

Listened to last 40 mins or so of Sportsound on radio, total avoidance of talking about Hearts going top, 

A 5 min interview with Craig Gordon near end of programme briefly mentioned the win and us going top, next 4 and a half was all questions about up coming Scotland games. 

Paranoid piffle

1 hour ago, assessor said:

Nonsense,  they talked about us at length after full time. Full of praise for the way we are playing.