• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Nookie Bear

• jamboinglasgow

I feel more sorry for Wycombe than ‘brough….. little club relegated because of a club that cheated and then did everything they could to delay the inevitable and now are looking for sympathy 

baa 🐑 🐑🐑🐑 baa are going out!

Its sour grapes. But actually the original problem has been caused (aside from Derby cheating) by the English Football League failing to act when it was obvious there was an issue, then acting too slowly with a softly softly approach then finally arguably being too harsh. 

37 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I feel more sorry for Wycombe than ‘brough….. little club relegated because of a club that cheated and then did everything they could to delay the inevitable and now are looking for sympathy 

baa 🐑 🐑🐑🐑 baa are going out!

The same Wycombe who were only in the Championship that year due to the fortuitous application of points per game when the league the previous year was called early due to Covid-leap frogging them from 8th into the play offs. Swings and roundabouts.

Squeaky bum time for the EFL. Following last week’s apparent additional obstacles to Derby being able to announce their preferred bidder to take them out of administration,  reapplying their transfer embargo, threatening their expulsion by 1st Feb if no proof of funds; the Derby fans have woken up and galvanised a backlash against the EFL. MP’s raised it in Parliament today and national media starting to ask questions.

It does seem crazy that the EFL are allowing two unsubstantiated and unproven claims from Boro and Wycombe to potentially liquidate a club.

Not helped that the ‘cheating’ Derby with a team of kids and journeymen are not ‘playing the game’ and actually winning games. Add in that Bristol City have announced that they will breach the financial parameters; Stoke City not far behind, goodness knows who else and it’s an EFL train crash. 

51 minutes ago, jam doughnut said:

Squeaky bum time for the EFL. Following last week’s apparent additional obstacles to Derby being able to announce their preferred bidder to take them out of administration,  reapplying their transfer embargo, threatening their expulsion by 1st Feb if no proof of funds; the Derby fans have woken up and galvanised a backlash against the EFL. MP’s raised it in Parliament today and national media starting to ask questions.

It does seem crazy that the EFL are allowing two unsubstantiated and unproven claims from Boro and Wycombe to potentially liquidate a club.

Not helped that the ‘cheating’ Derby with a team of kids and journeymen are not ‘playing the game’ and actually winning games. Add in that Bristol City have announced that they will breach the financial parameters; Stoke City not far behind, goodness knows who else and it’s an EFL train crash. 

It is crazy that the EFL seem to be putting as many obstacles as possible in Derby's way. They have a team of kids battling against all odds at the moment and have lost Jagielka when they wouldn't allow his contract to renew but also cancelled it with immediate effect to stop him playing an extra game.

It seems similar to our admin season. Mel Morris got them into this mess just like Vlad did for us. Middlesbrough making a claim is nonsense- there's no guarantee they'd have gone up from the play off. Wycombe were lucky to have been in that league at all. It seems the EFL and two other clubs are happy to see Derby liquidated but it's a whole town and community that will suffer. My mate is a Derby fan and I can definitely empathise with the worry of not knowing if you'll have a team to follow. A horrible situation.

Malinga the Swinga

Screw Derby County. Another EFL club that gambled everything on getting promotion and then when it doesn't happen, and financial reality hits home, they and their fans run crying for help.

They sign players they can't afford, outbidding teams like Hearts for players and pretend that they actually matter. 

Liquidate then and their shite club and start from non league.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Screw Derby County. Another EFL club that gambled everything on getting promotion and then when it doesn't happen, and financial reality hits home, they and their fans run crying for help.

They sign players they can't afford, outbidding teams like Hearts for players and pretend that they actually matter. 

Have to agree with this. 

With all the information available to fans these days about clubs’ finances, there is no excuse anymore for sitting back and watching g your club being run into the ground. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and it is frustrating that the sheer amount of money on offer when teams get promoted to the EPL leads clubs to gamble on getting there, but it is harsh to suggest that they be liquidated. Like us under Vlad, it is not the fans who make these decisions yet it is the fans who ultimately suffer. Would hate to see any club be liquidated as football/local clubs are a huge part of many people's lives. Obvious exception being the Hun, who deserved everything they got, as did their fans. 

Edited by Jambos_1874

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to agree with this. 

With all the information available to fans these days about clubs’ finances, there is no excuse anymore for sitting back and watching g your club being run into the ground. 

Bur realistically what can you do ahead of the club being liquidated? We could intervene when the amount required to buy the club was reduced to pennies in the pound, we had a wealthy benefactor willing to help and we were on the verge of extinction, but before that I dont think we could do a whole lot to influence things. Also, the damage is often done well before the point where liquidation or a downturn in fortunes occurs, as there are typically large and unsustainable outlays which occur first and they ultimately cause the issues. Let's be honest, when the club is doing well the fans don't really care what is being spent and whether it is sustainable.

13 hours ago, sassenach said:

Money has ruined English football.  To be honest, this pretty much snacks of sour grapes by Boro to me.  And I've spent most of my life as a Boro fan.

I don’t know the background to the “sour grapes” but I’ve a soft spot for Boro’ myself as one of my grans was born there!

10 hours ago, alanjambo said:

It is crazy that the EFL seem to be putting as many obstacles as possible in Derby's way. They have a team of kids battling against all odds at the moment and have lost Jagielka when they wouldn't allow his contract to renew but also cancelled it with immediate effect to stop him playing an extra game.

It seems similar to our admin season. Mel Morris got them into this mess just like Vlad did for us. Middlesbrough making a claim is nonsense- there's no guarantee they'd have gone up from the play off. Wycombe were lucky to have been in that league at all. It seems the EFL and two other clubs are happy to see Derby liquidated but it's a whole town and community that will suffer. My mate is a Derby fan and I can definitely empathise with the worry of not knowing if you'll have a team to follow. A horrible situation.

Proof of funding seems to be the big one.Could be wrong but no one seems to be trying to put them out of business bar themselves.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Derby just need to sell some players and they'll be fine. 

Administrators claiming that there’s not sufficient value even if they sold the entire squad of their own registered players that will release sufficient funds to keep them solvent to end of season. Apparently need about £7m. Other clubs smelling the fire sale and hovering like vultures offering peanuts. 

If EFL confirm that the unprecedented claims from Boro and Wycombe, if successful, will not be classed as football debts and thus preferential creditors, the Administrators can progress preferred bidder, which will release them from administration, secure the proof of funds, enable them to keep sufficient players and fulfil their fixtures.

Noises from EFL, Boro, Wycombe and Administrators in last 24 hours have reinforced the entrenched impasse. If or when Derby go pop, the EFL house of cards will come tumbling down

• 2 months later...

Relegated to League One. 

They made a decent go of it and overall are looking to be in a better place. New owners should be confirmed soon. 

Diadora Van Basten

I was very surprised when I heard the reason they got a points deduction. There is so much financial dodgy stuff going on that is punished leniently that this seems unduly harsh.

6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I was very surprised when I heard the reason they got a points deduction. There is so much financial dodgy stuff going on that is punished leniently that this seems unduly harsh.

didnt they get lucky last season where they probably should have had another points deduction and it would have saved either sheffield wednesday or wycombe

12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It's a fair question. 

But Mel Morris took the pish. Overvalued the stadium so basically cheated. 

But if you look look closely at Wolves, Aston Villa and Brentford the only fundamental difference in terms of overspending is Derby didn't get promoted. And that's basically the gamble in the Championship. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

didnt they get lucky last season where they probably should have had another points deduction and it would have saved either sheffield wednesday or wycombe

Yes if it had been applied in the previous season they would have been relegated.

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a fair question. 

But Mel Morris took the pish. Overvalued the stadium so basically cheated. 

But if you look at look closely at Wolves, Aston Villa and Brentford the only fundamental difference in terms of overspending is Derby didn't get promoted. And that's basically the gamble in the Championship. 

Yes they overvalued the stadium. I think they didn’t amortise the players values over their contracts as well. 

Not that’s it related but am sure Rangers revalued Ibrox in their accounts at about 40 million after it was valued at about 1 million when Charles Green purchased the basket of goods.

🐑 🐑 🐑🐑 are going down!!

As a club deserve everything they get due to the things Mel Morris did!

And with the amount of money that the preferred bidder has offered to pay (it’s a low payment / £ to each creditor) they will receive another well deserved -15 points deduction next season!

And if the creditors don’t accept the preferred bidder offer or if the preferred bidder pulls out they’re finished - liquidated just like a club called Rangers that used to play in the Scottish Leagues!

No sympathy for corrupt 🐑 cheats!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

🐑 🐑 🐑🐑 are going down!!

As a club deserve everything they get due to the things Mel Morris did!

And with the amount of money that the preferred bidder has offered to pay (it’s a low payment / £ to each creditor) they will receive another well deserved -15 points deduction next season!

And if the creditors don’t accept the preferred bidder offer or if the preferred bidder pulls out they’re finished - liquidated just like a club called Rangers that used to play in the Scottish Leagues!

No sympathy for corrupt 🐑 cheats!

Bit hoboish type post imo.

Derby County supporters not count .

And have a word they are a far way off being anywhere near the biggest culprits in European football.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Bit hoboish type post imo.

Derby County supporters not count .

And have a word they are a far way off being anywhere near the biggest culprits in European football.

Of course they (honest decent people) do but by their silence they were complicit!

And yes nobody wants to see the honest silent ones hurt!

FOH is the honest way forward.

All forms of cheating and rule breaking must be eradicated from football. If it takes the liquidation of a few big clubs to achieve that so be it!

Just remember that could have been Hearts but the Hearts fans rallied to save out club and did not stand passively by!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Of course they (honest decent people) do but by their silence they were complicit!

And yes nobody wants to see the honest silent ones hurt!

FOH is the honest way forward.

All forms of cheating and rule breaking must be eradicated from football. If it takes the liquidation of a few big clubs to achieve that so be it!

Just remember that could have been Hearts but the Hearts fans rallied to save out club and did not stand passively by!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Even more hoboish .

The very thing hobos said about us .

Stop .

FOH only happened because a few savvy folk started it.

Football fans are only that.

Liquidation nearly happened to us.

We got lucky.

Stop spraffing hoboesque romantic shite.

Hibs got lucky 

Rangers got vultures.

We rallied round a band of people we were lucky to have.

Complicit....

Fek off

I await the financial doping crack from basil brush.

Derby County like a lot of clubs are subject to foreign owners like the hobos.

To say their supporters ...normal folks like us are complicit is utter hobo talk.

Still slag Rangers though.

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Even more hoboish .

The very thing hobos said about us .

Stop .

FOH only happened because a few savvy folk started it.

Football fans are only that.

Liquidation nearly happened to us.

We got lucky.

Stop spraffing hoboesque romantic shite.

Hibs got lucky 

Rangers got vultures.

We rallied round a band of people we were lucky to have.

Complicit....

Fek off

It seems you have an affectivity with 🐑🐑🐑 - making you unnecessarily angry, aggressive and abusive!

Go to sleep … I’ve heard counting 🐑 helps 😂 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

It seems you have an affectivity with 🐑🐑🐑 - making you unnecessarily angry, aggressive and abusive!

Go to sleep … I’ve heard counting 🐑 helps 😂 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Cos it's pure hobo chat.

You posted similar on bitterfuds.net

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Cos it's pure hobo chat.

You posted similar on bitterfuds.net

I think you’ve got the wrong person!

On 23/09/2021 at 22:23, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree, we got very lucky. The debt was with a company that was going through admin itself. 

English football is got so many basket case clubs racking up huge debts and just staying on the side of solvency. But too many see Admin as a way to restart and move on rather than what it is, which is the last chance to save a company before it goes out of business. The problem for clubs now is those giving money to clubs have got wise to admin and are setting up ways that they can still be owed the money even if creditors agreement for pennys in the pound is agreed.

Derby County should be a wake up call to all the other clubs in the league and their fans, but they wont be. Also think there is an attitude in these clubs of "well someone will buy us and we will be fine." Problem is the kind of people who buy a club on its knees with lots of problems is usually not a person who you want running your club as they look to strip the club for value. We knew there was not really anyone who could ride in and save us, so forced the fans to work together and buy the club.

The days of finding an Oligarch looking for Football club appear to be over.

Let's just be thankful that we are now a fan owned club so should never again be at the mercy of an individual owner who, even if initially well intentioned, could lead us back to the brink.

There's a thread on fuds.net questioning why exactly did Ron Gordon buy them, what are his motives.  Some are suspicious, others think otherwise, but none of them really know whether or not he has Hibs long terms interests at heart.

We on the other hand know that our owners absolutely have our club's long term interests at heart, because we are the owners.