Hibernian Soccerball Franchise.

Leveins Battalion

chuck berrys hairline
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Unit leftover from the American war of independence

I thought it was maybe something they done with their sisters, was about to search it on urban dictionary!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Who TF are Charleston Battery, some US pub team?

I looked them up today, Robbie Crawford plays for them. He floated about the lower leagues here and Iceland or something before going to charlston, that shows the level they are at.

Kalamazoo Jambo
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

USL , like the levels below mls

Equivalent of AAA level in baseball, which would be much more appropriate TBH.

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Who TF are Charleston Battery, some US pub team?

Car repair shop up Straiton where Arthur McKay used to kick about. 

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

More fool the vermin but it’s staring  them in the face. This guy is all about fan experience and without a doubt he’ll move them out to the barn like some American style complex and expect them to have tail gate parties and the like in the car park, the rat pit will be sold and there’s nothing they can do to stop it. He’ll pocket the ER money and get some soul less bowl built out in the sticks on the cheap with some sponsor helping the cost by  naming the stadium. I fully expect in 3 years Hibs to be playing at the 15000 capacity marathon bet arena in Tranent.

And the Hobos will still try and spin it as a positive- amazing how few of them are concerned/ questioning where they’re going. You read .nut and a few of them are claiming they’re in safe hands because “Ron’s a business man - he won’t lose money”. Feckin right he won’t and that’s the very reason to be concerned….ar5eholes, let them rot

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It seems ridiculous but this is the guy who thinks hibs fans will be snapping up Charleston Battery merchandise in the Easter Rd club shop (and vice versa).

Has that business model ever worked in the history of football?

I was at the Yankee stadium, early 2000s, at the time Man U had a merchandise tie in with them. I didn't see one item of Man U merch (not that I was going to buy any).

wentworth jambo

Another one I hadn’t realised the Peruvian Craig Whyte has slipped in over the road…. he’s stopping the production and sale of match programmes….obviously not a big enough margin in them despite them part of a match day experience for loads of people 

31 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I looked them up today, Robbie Crawford plays for them. He floated about the lower leagues here and Iceland or something before going to charlston, that shows the level they are at.

He was over having a trial at East Mains as part of the deal along with two other hopefuls. 

A laughable concept. 

Ron the Con killing off match day programmes?

Staff walking out?

All is not well at the Edinboro Greens.

:glorious:

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

They do sound like an AAA...71AFmE-stJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

To be fair, it's probably the only time anything attached to Hibs could be described as electrifying...

But they’re used to being charged.

Sounds like the restructure involves  siphoning money out of the club, straight into his family's pockets.

Can't wait til he restructures the stadium into student accommodation.

Nisbit playing against the San Jose Jalepeños within 2 years 

:glorious:

Shanks said no

Really thought Charleston Battery was something to do with poultry and the chickens have come home to roost

This team are small fry though, but I came across this interview with their joint owner Rob Salvatore. Although no Hibs contents it gives a clue to the mindset of the Americans, one that I cannot see working down Lochend way.

Only things I liked was the bars and bursd

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Their ‘stadium’…

E2CBF79C-93E0-4B88-B410-6F3626DDB1D7.jpeg

Reminds me of Hamilton Accies but with less supporters. Good luck selling vermin shirts in their club shop. Wonder what their average crowds are?  The must have , new hibernibum shirt for the Charleston fashionistas’ 

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Reminds me of Hamilton Accies but with less supporters. Good luck selling vermin shirts in their club shop. Wonder what their average crowds are?  The must have , new hibernibum shirt for the Charleston fashionistas’ 

2019 average attendance of 2,424. I’ve got nothing against smaller clubs in general but linking up with Hibs means all abuse is deserved :buttkick:

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

2019 average attendance of 2,424. I’ve got nothing against smaller clubs in general but linking up with Hibs means all abuse is deserved :buttkick:

If hibernibum were such a top draw scattish team then they’d be partnered up with an MLS team. Cringeworthy to say the least. Still I’m sure Ron the Con has it all worked out. I look forward to the meagre financial  input from across the pond while he gets busy asset stripping down lochend way

They’re doing away with matchday programmes at the piggery now. Although I dare say there was never a high percentage of their support that could read, it’s another sign of the times.

Tick-tock.

25 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It's a bit like Portsmouth, Charlestown, in that it has a very large USN base there.

15 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

If hibernibum were such a top draw scattish team then they’d be partnered up with an MLS team. Cringeworthy to say the least. Still I’m sure Ron the Con has it all worked out. I look forward to the meagre financial  input from across the pond while he gets busy asset stripping down lochend way

As they’d say in Succession, it’s a Shit Show at the **** Factory

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He was over having a trial at East Mains as part of the deal along with two other hopefuls. 

A laughable concept. 

The concept of an arrangement between clubs isn't too bad, but bringing over a 27 or whatever year old journeyman like Robbie Crawford for a trial certainly is laughable.

I mean do they need to go all the way to the US to find someone who was at Rangers as a kid and then bumped around the Scottish lower leagues for a while? These guys are everywhere in Scottish football.

And this was all the doing of Hibs new Head of Recruitment.

Anyone that controls the  whole shebang, gaff, is a dictator and that's what hibs have and they  ken , barry barry wee team

Off topic a tad, but why don't the Proclaimer's do free concerts for hibs as or maybe its because  every other touch they have been involved in becomes a shambles,

Like lets raise a 100k, binned not to mentioned again

What a green specky elephant they are in the hobos  room 

3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Their ‘stadium’…

The wee team's wee feeder team's wee football pitch. Piss stained grass too. Must of had a visit from Stanton. 

Konrad von Carstein
On 11/10/2021 at 16:56, Malinga the Swinga said:

I want them dead and buried so deep that even these ***** won't be able to crawl from their grave.

I want every one of their deluded support to realise they will never see their club again.

I want them to realise they could have done something about it but instead, they sat back and watched while their club died.

**** Hibs, and **** their supporters.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, leginten said:

They’re doing away with matchday programmes at the piggery now. Although I dare say there was never a high percentage of their support that could read, it’s another sign of the times.

Tick-tock.

Another example of Gordon simply not getting football culture. Does away with the fans scheme, the youth academy, the Sporting Director/DoF role and now programmes. Those big screens though...

Hibs have also sneakily removed Ian Gordon from their directory after only sneakily adding him a few days ago. Sleekit.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Anyone that controls the  whole shebang, gaff, is a dictator and that's what hibs have and they  ken , barry barry wee team

Off topic a tad, but why don't the Proclaimer's do free concerts for hibs as or maybe its because  every other touch they have been involved in becomes a shambles,

Like lets raise a 100k, binned not to mentioned again

What a green specky elephant they are in the hobos  room 

The could do a walk to raise cash. , say 1000 miles. 

Best make it 5000 miles with the two goggled up guys leading the way ,

See if it does any better than that other appeal for cash they were involved in thats went rather quiet 

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another example of Gordon simply not getting football culture. Does away with the fans scheme, the youth academy, the Sporting Director/DoF role and now programmes. Those big screens though...

Hibs have also sneakily removed Ian Gordon from their directory after only sneakily adding him a few days ago. Sleekit.

Very strange

Interesting point in Ross' poor attempt to take the heat off Porteous on the BBC website.... "We are fortunate here that our head of player care is an ex-police superintendent and we took guidance from him".

Presumably on first name terms with many of the Hobo reprobates over the years in his former career, wonder if they got him in especially to try and prevent any more names getting added to their long list of players who have been in bother with the cops!

:fth:

On 13/10/2021 at 18:23, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Their ‘stadium’…

On first viewing I got the optical illusion of a roof over that wee stand and the car park behind it then a bridge built on top of it.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Interesting point in Ross' poor attempt to take the heat off Porteous on the BBC website.... "We are fortunate here that our head of player care is an ex-police superintendent and we took guidance from him".

Presumably on first name terms with many of the Hobo reprobates over the years in his former career, wonder if they got him in especially to try and prevent any more names getting added to their long list of players who have been in bother with the cops!

:fth:

Hibs in contract talks with Porteous since they failed to sell him, despite their best efforts in the media. Quite clear Ross would rather have some cash than this liability in his team.

However, they've talked him up so much including valuing him at over £1m that they'll need to pay though the nose to keep him. Or they lose him for nothing. Oh Hibs, never change....

On 13/10/2021 at 19:34, The Frenchman Returns said:

Really thought Charleston Battery was something to do with poultry and the chickens have come home to roost

This team are small fry though, but I came across this interview with their joint owner Rob Salvatore. Although no Hibs contents it gives a clue to the mindset of the Americans, one that I cannot see working down Lochend way.

Only things I liked was the bars and bursd

The weather looks pretty good anaw

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Gareth Evans, Assistant Coach Emerging Talent

Ironic. I don't recall Gareth having any talent to speak of when he was playing. 

FTFY

30 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Gareth Evans, Assistant Coach Emerging Talent

Ironic. I don't recall Gareth having much talent to speak of when he was playing. 

Maybe it’s still to emerge 🤷‍♂️