Hibernian Soccerball Franchise.

Leveins Battalion

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would absolutely help Hibs survive. We literally have the best rivals in football. That's something to be treasured.

Bwaaaaaa hahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahaha

😐

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gordon is like Vlad without the high class signings, splitting the OF and winning trophies (and in the interest of balance, administration - yet):

Unclear motives for buying the club

Believes "speculate to accumulate" is a viable strategy 

"Link up" with a far inferior team (Charleston Battery) where a number of random players turn up to training at Hibs (what happened to that much trumpeted partnership when two random players arrived in Edinburgh and none going the other way it seems? That was his son's doing as well)

Currying favour with the fans with shiny things (big screens and improved social media/comms, although the latter is debatable). In our case it was a model of a stand and some fireworks

Neglecting the youth academy (actually has gone further than Vlad in that respect already)

Key staff leaving for unclear reasons

Bringing in his "own people" including relatives - wonder if Chick Young will call them "henchmen" as he did with Vlad

Wanting full control and limited fan input

Believes Scottish football can change (Gordon will find out soon enough who really runs Scottish football)

Believes he can split the OF (we actually did it)

Players dropped mysteriously during transfer speculation

When he finally cottons on to how the OF run the game here and how speculate to accumulate won't work, that's when he'll no doubt lose interest. The main difference with Vlad is while Vlad was on his own ranting about the state of Scottish football, Gordon is at least working with other clubs (mostly his American cronies) but the result will be the same. The D Utd guy has been open about wanting to make money from his involvement with D Utd. The other Americans will be the same - they're brought up that way. When Gordon and the others realise they won't....

Now, this is a good post 👍

Leveins Battalion
11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

who owns the real estate there ? Genuine question 

Bydand Sports Ltd own both Easter Road and East Mains (Not only East Mains but land around it)

They both have Standard Charges applied to both assets.,neither belong to Hibernian Football Club.

Bydand Sports are a company set up by Ron and Ian Gordon.........:greggy:

Bazzas right boot

Hibs are doing well atm. 

However they are a player sale or two from becoming bang average and flirting with the bottom 6. 

Boyle is massive for them. 

More concerning for them is, the they have a owner who owns the land, employs family members and wants to make money from them. 

It could bubble along nicely for a year or two, he makes a few million then hands over to the fans or another owner. Either that or hibs could hit a bad turn, Ross gets sacked, the fans get unhappy and he just drops them, cuts his losses and ****s off. 

A few years away from either scenario tho. 

Hopefully we continue to get better and it won't really matter what they do. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would absolutely help Hibs survive. We literally have the best rivals in football. That's something to be treasured.

Nah **** that. 

They can help themselves if that happened. 

1_qC0odFwlHddrzO2R0YhkMQ.jpeg

Carl Fredrickson
13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

who owns the real estate there ? Genuine question 

Last registered owners of fester road stadium is Hibernian Football Club Ltd (Company No SC005323)

It may be that it has been sold on without the deeds being registered but that is risky and is open to fraud.....

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, jambo19 said:

So just to summarise:

Dempster left

Mathie got the boot but they didn't really say why then they appoint someone with no experience but on the grounds of he's the chairman's son

They rejected bids of approx. 3.5m for Doig, 2m for Nisbet and 1m for Porteous but nobody actually bid for them

At the start of the pandemic they laughed in our face to only mothball the academy, sack staff and cut wages when the going gets tough but then spent money on players.

But it doesn't seem to be picked up by the media? Oh and they've got nice big screens 

What do they show……the simpsons?……..nothing else of any interest regarding football from that lot.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are doing well atm. 

However they are a player sale or two from becoming bang average and flirting with the bottom 6. 

Boyle is massive for them. 

More concerning for them is, the they have a owner who owns the land, employs family members and wants to make money from them. 

It could bubble along nicely for a year or two, he makes a few million then hands over to the fans or another owner. Either that or hibs could hit a bad turn, Ross gets sacked, the fans get unhappy and he just drops them, cuts his losses and ****s off. 

A few years away from either scenario tho. 

Hopefully we continue to get better and it won't really matter what they do. 

I’d be interested to find out how he makes a few million out of them. Assuming it’s players sales, we’ve already seen that strategy is piss and wind. I reckon that the OF are the only Scottish clubs where an outsider has a chance of making a few bob. Even then, Rangers are so much in hock at the moment you might struggle to squeeze anything out of that particular sponge.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’d be interested to find out how he makes a few million out of them. Assuming it’s players sales, we’ve already seen that strategy is piss and wind. I reckon that the OF are the only Scottish clubs where an outsider has a chance of making a few bob. Even then, Rangers are so much in hock at the moment you might struggle to squeeze anything out of that particular sponge.

Unsure, for a relatively small investment money can be made imo, but the returns may be £000's rather than tens of millions 

The europa conference and league stages are the goal. 

Not only direct revenue but player's value will go up a well. 

The problem is that money Likley has to be spent to see that return tho.. 

Probably better ways to make money. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unsure, for a relatively small investment money can be made imo, but the returns may be £000's rather than tens of millions 

The europa conference and league stages are the goal. 

Not only direct revenue but player's value will go up a well. 

The problem is that money Likley has to be spent to see that return tho.. 

Probably better ways to make money. 

No expert, but I'd suggest that for an investor to make money from Scottish football he'd have to take it out as and when the money is made by the club. That is, sell a player for £2m and pocket as much of it as he can before it's spent by those trying to keep the club competetive.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

No expert, but I'd suggest that for an investor to make money from Scottish football he'd have to take it out as and when the money is made by the club. That is, sell a player for £2m and pocket as much of it as he can before it's spent by those trying to keep the club competetive.

Yip, almost like a personal commission. 

That was my thoughts. 

It does correlate tho, better players in a higher performing team = better sell on value so both goals can be managed if done properly. 

They don't conflict with each other if the person is realistic and not taking too much out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Seems a lot of debate on .nutjob about hsl and them having discussions with the club , keeping the money coming in with hsl and hsl saying that its not being moved until the route to using it is established , issues with the hsl website and they need to keep money for running hsl and maybe changing articles of association.

If that was foh id be concerned with those excuses. Arent FoH costs absolutely minimal and we are run by volunteers. 

Im not an expert but how expensive can changing articles of a company be. https://www.gov.uk/make-changes-to-your-limited-company/constitution-and-articles-of-association Doesn’t even appear to mention a cost at first glance. Not transferring money due to hsl website issues? That would be another big red flag from me. I don’t see how any website issue used for conveying info would stop transfer of monies from a bank account to another bank account. 

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That was my thoughts. 

It does correlate tho, better players in a higher performing team = better sell on value so both goals can be managed if done properly. 

They don't conflict with each other if the person is realistic and not taking too much out. 

Usually asset stripping is the way to make money out of football teams. If that was the goal then the few players of any worth need to be talked up and sold quickly (also showcase any previously known US talents and try to secure  out of contract scottish assets.

But primarily it would be the land

Even the threat of selling it may bring in a buyer/ consortium willing to pay to stop you.

Not saying he's doing that but I'd be watchful if I was a Hibs fan, which thank F I'm not.

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That was my thoughts. 

It’s simple to make a small fortune from owning a Scottish football club. 

Start off with a large one. 

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Like selling a player for £2m and paying the new Head of Recruitment a £500k 'bonus'?

13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Screenshot_20211012-125024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.086758e438d0b1a47c8995e1d601f7b2.jpg😂😂😂

Didnt Ron say they werent allowed to buy anymore shares? Thats also £18115 a month so less than £5 per person. 

Maybe it’s just because we’ve seen parallels happen with our club before but if I was a hibee (🤮) I’d be very very weary about trusting Gordon’s intentions. Would love to be a fly on the wall at ER now.

Just now, sadj said:

Didnt Ron say they werent allowed to buy anymore shares? Thats also £18115 a month so less than £5 per person. 

It looks like a bit of a shitshow.

Sadly I'm enjoying it 🙂

I looked at their fans forum after reading your post .

The HSL thread.

To be fair it might be more of a thing if they find themselves in the bother we found ourselves.

But it is funny reading about updates coming soon and weeks later no updates.

Ron swanning off to America and not bothered his backside.

Shadenfreud and all that.

😂

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Scaffs

It seems it's difficult to set up contributions and theres little contact towards those that have/do.

Hibsing it 😂

gorgie rd eh11

Ron is not here because he's always been a hibby or because he loves Scottish football. He's here to make money, ask one of them to come up with another reason, they can't. Selling players or qualifying for european group stages are needed and neither of those materialized. That's why cuts are being made and people are leaving.

Apology in advance.

Maybe because of the wisdom of my father I am not a Hibs supporter(thank you so much dad), but reading this post from across the road I get the impression that the club Hibs are only interested in HSL for the money they provide, and I get the impression the club do with it what they please. The club treat HSL with total contempt imho.

Screenshot_20211012-133701_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Apology in advance.

Maybe because of the wisdom of my father I am not a Hibs supporter(thank you so much dad), but reading this post from across the road I get the impression that the club Hibs are only interested in HSL for the money they provide, and I get the impression the club do with it what they please. The club treat HSL with total contempt imho.

Screenshot_20211012-133701_Samsung Internet.jpg

That second last paragraph 🤣

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Screenshot_20211012-140039_Chrome.thumb.jpg.40c4de5919cb87b341a28a82c4c7843d.jpgCan anyone tell me of Gordon Jnr experience in football?

😂😂

I asked my pet hobbit about this appointment and his response was random ramblings of a mutant as normal, something along the lines of “likesay, he brought this American player over, brilliant likesay and if he can do more of that it would be great, likesay”

I had to walk away as it didn’t make any sense. 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

It looks like a bit of a shitshow.

Sadly I'm enjoying it 🙂

I looked at their fans forum after reading your post .

The HSL thread.

To be fair it might be more of a thing if they find themselves in the bother we found ourselves.

But it is funny reading about updates coming soon and weeks later no updates.

Ron swanning off to America and not bothered his backside.

Shadenfreud and all that.

😂

I suspect it would be different if that happened. 

I think they've always compared themselves to us and kidded themselves on they were well run.

I also wouldn't underestimate the effects of the cup win on fans' attitudes. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Like selling a player for £2m and paying the new Head of Recruitment a £500k 'bonus'?

I'm sure there are ways to legitimately move money from a football club, like starting to charge rent for a ground and training facilities if not already doing so, or putting the rent up if rent already being charged. But, as you say, directors' bonuses, for, say, their part in any lucrative sale, would work nicely, too.

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm sure there are ways to legitimately move money from a football club, like starting to charge rent for a ground and training facilities if not already doing so, or putting the rent up if rent already being charged. But, as you say, directors' bonuses, for, say, their part in any lucrative sale, would work nicely, too.

Cant pay director bonuses until they repay the government i believe

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

In Hibs parlance what is the difference between their bonus and their p*nis? 

Their uncle is guaranteed to blow their p3nis...

Sorry. No infraction I hope. I've been a good boy recently.

🤣🤣 superb 

Not seen much of this on the thread, referring to the Hobos rather generous interest free loan 

Because i think that's what they are like living off right now.

Though once that's done, what do you do !!

Only a matter of time before  the wee teams financial woes surface  and that will be a joy to read and see

Edited by Drew Wallace

18 hours ago, jambo19 said:

So just to summarise:

Dempster left

Mathie got the boot but they didn't really say why then they appoint someone with no experience but on the grounds of he's the chairman's son

They rejected bids of approx. 3.5m for Doig, 2m for Nisbet and 1m for Porteous but nobody actually bid for them

At the start of the pandemic they laughed in our face to only mothball the academy, sack staff and cut wages when the going gets tough but then spent money on players.

But it doesn't seem to be picked up by the media? Oh and they've got nice big screens 

Paid for or leased? 

wentworth jambo
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Seems a lot of debate on .nutjob about hsl and them having discussions with the club , keeping the money coming in with hsl and hsl saying that its not being moved until the route to using it is established , issues with the hsl website and they need to keep money for running hsl and maybe changing articles of association.

If that was foh id be concerned with those excuses. Arent FoH costs absolutely minimal and we are run by volunteers. 

Im not an expert but how expensive can changing articles of a company be. https://www.gov.uk/make-changes-to-your-limited-company/constitution-and-articles-of-association Doesn’t even appear to mention a cost at first glance. Not transferring money due to hsl website issues? That would be another big red flag from me. I don’t see how any website issue used for conveying info would stop transfer of monies from a bank account to another bank account. 

This is the bit that would ring alarm bells for me....they've had website problems for a few weeks but these are being cited as withholding funds for 2 months ??? What other possible reason could there be for withholding funds from a guy who won't even sit down to even talk as jumps on a flight to Florida, at the same time as installing asset stripper junior in a key role which he has no apparent skills for ??? So hope I am right and they go pop as soon as possible because there is no way they would save their club like we did.

jambo-in-furness

While it’s nice to dream you just know

if they go tits up again that James Anderson is too nice a guy to let them die.

10 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

This is the bit that would ring alarm bells for me....they've had website problems for a few weeks but these are being cited as withholding funds for 2 months ??? What other possible reason could there be for withholding funds from a guy who won't even sit down to even talk as jumps on a flight to Florida, at the same time as installing asset stripper junior in a key role which he has no apparent skills for ??? So hope I am right and they go pop as soon as possible because there is no way they would save their club like we did.

Asset stripper? Sir you have it wrong , hes an experienced football and recruitment man as he did the deal for meuller and some other folkies likeeee. (i have no idea who meuller is) I would be wary just because of what happened to us. Ron Gordon isnt about to go tits up but he had not allegiance or affinity to Hibs and has said hes not letting them buy shares , he wants fans to pay for things not him. He wants to make money , i reckon he feels he was sold a bit of a donkey by Petrie snd Dempster going by his actions and whats coming out about selling players and being pissed when they dont get sold.

HSL thats even more red flags than Gordon’s stuff. Major issues with the website is why we havent given your £30k to the club and btw we might need to spend money on stuff so we are keeping it for that too… FoH for all some of us slate it at times is like driving a rolls royce compared to an old banger by the shitshow HSL is showing itself to be.

jambo-in-furness
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Asset stripper? Sir you have it wrong , hes an experienced football and recruitment man as he did the deal for meuller and some other folkies likeeee. (i have no idea who meuller is) I would be wary just because of what happened to us. Ron Gordon isnt about to go tits up but he had not allegiance or affinity to Hibs and has said hes not letting them buy shares , he wants fans to pay for things not him. He wants to make money , i reckon he feels he was sold a bit of a donkey by Petrie snd Dempster going by his actions and whats coming out about selling players and being pissed when they dont get sold.

HSL thats even more red flags than Gordon’s stuff. Major issues with the website is why we havent given your £30k to the club and btw we might need to spend money on stuff so we are keeping it for that too… FoH for all some of us slate it at times is like driving a rolls royce compared to an old banpger by the shitshow HSL is showing itself to be.

is that the royal we?

Who cares, Hibs f@nnies !  Hopefully Tesco are already sizing up that plot for a mega-store !

Carl Fredrickson

See all this talk about Tesco replacing fester road, I doubt very much that would happen as the cost of sanitizing the land would put them off. Though I imagine a current Dundee striker will be jizzing at the thought of Tescos at fester road

23 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

See all this talk about Tesco replacing fester road, I doubt very much that would happen as the cost of sanitizing the land would put them off. Though I imagine a current Dundee striker will be jizzing at the thought of Tescos at fester road

Just think of awww they young eeens hanging aboot it at night 😇

2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

While it’s nice to dream you just know

if they go tits up again that James Anderson is too nice a guy to let them die.

He must fancy the Wallace Mercer one team model though. 

jambo-in-furness
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He must fancy the Wallace Mercer one team model though. 

Yey,  one team that will play in maroon and based in the west of Edinburgh and be called Heart of Midlothian fc

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Tesco ??? It’s feckin Lochend - Aldi guaranteed !

Think most hobos in there heart of hearts are thinking awe naw right now, which is superb 

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

It’s simple to make a small fortune from owning a Scottish football club. 

Start off with a large one. 

So why did he buy lochend cosmos? 😂

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Yey,  one team that will play in maroon and based in the west of Edinburgh and be called Heart of Midlothian fc

I'd be quite happy to combine the club names. Heart of Midlothian from us and FC from them.