Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Halliphax said:

It's only just come to my attention that they're trying to raise money for the academy through a ****ing lottery, I can't believe it lol

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-launch-new-leith-lotto-in-support-of-club-academy?fbclid=IwAR1L1Y5zt7jerennDAEeaWY-gMycbiDy9Cm2XJVfupWM4is8Ms9-ZXtWKqw

That's unreal, I can't think of anything worse especially given the fact they've got a shiny yank owner.

Maybe they should just sell Nisbet for his 500 million pound asking price and they can reopen the academy?

I like the quote from Sporting Director Graeme Mathie.  Oh wait, has he not just been punted!

Semi related note - I see Hibs are jumping in with food places (Uber Eats is one) and handing out discounts. Presumably it's a benefit to the club financially but it cements the idea that the fans are just customers. Wonder who drove this idea behind the scenes...

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

I have no words for this.

BREAKING: Nigerian trialist set for shock #Hibs debut at Ibrox on Sunday. The forward, Wobatansa Fané, has impressed while on trial at East Mains

3 hours ago, Halliphax said:

Semi related note - I see Hibs are jumping in with food places (Uber Eats is one) and handing out discounts. Presumably it's a benefit to the club financially but it cements the idea that the fans are just customers. Wonder who drove this idea behind the scenes...

Good idea that. 

4 hours ago, Halliphax said:

I thought methadone was free?

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

BREAKING: Nigerian trialist set for shock #Hibs debut at Ibrox on Sunday. The forward, Wobatansa Fané, has impressed while on trial at East Mains

He wears a magic hat

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They should be signing the Nigerian afeken wand more like

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That’s a shite joke even by Hibs standards I’m afraid.

SomethingAboutObua
5 hours ago, Halliphax said:

We do this too? We have promos with vittoria and goodeats meal prep on our twitter right now. Standard marketing and source of income at all levels tbh

On 30/09/2021 at 16:02, Famous 1874 said:

I have it on good authority that there was no concrete interest in Doig, Porteous and Nisbet over the summer despite Hibs’ attempts of whoring them out of the club. 

If I am not mistaken Hibs’ former head of communications who left towards the tail end of last season previously worked in certain media organisations in Scotland. Clearly a pattern there. I assume the new guy has similar connections. 

I actually think Nisbet is decent but he’s hardly scored a goal in 2021. Doig is also alright but was targeted in all games at Hampden last season, starting with our win over them.

I previously though that Porteous had the building blocks to be a decent centre back but after his showing in the derby I am beginning to think otherwise, 90 minutes of hoofing the ball to nobody plus he got away with numerous mistakes in the first half especially. 

As for Ron Gordon, Hibs are in the mud. He owns all their assets outright but seems to not want to really invest in the team. The McGrath attempt was clearly a rouse to sack Mathie. The deal was never ever going to happen with minutes to go in the window. But they have a new big screen!

I know an ex Hibs youth coach. He told me just before this season started that nisbet was a lazy guy and player who was alright on his day, but there weren’t many of them.  He doesn’t believe hibs ever got any offer of 500-750k for him previously, he said Hibs would have taken that no questions if it was true

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

We do this too? We have promos with vittoria and goodeats meal prep on our twitter right now. Standard marketing and source of income at all levels tbh

This is probably why I should get Twitter so I don’t make myself look like a knob lol

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Keeping it in the family lol

Standard for them.

Seriously though, alarms bells should be ringing!

54 minutes ago, Homme said:

Standard for them.

Seriously though, alarms bells should be ringing!

It's got all the makings of the Romanov dynasty - without the cash investment.  Vlad and Rodney running the show.

If I supported them I'd be getting concerned.

Edited by frankblack

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So…what’s this guys credentials for the role, apart from his surname?

Apparently he was involved in all the good stuff so hes fine - source hobbits.nut

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Yanks like a committee, Dave.

Chuck bodies at everything.

Yip Vietnam was testimony to that. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Apparently he was involved in all the good stuff so hes fine - source hobbits.nut

Ah well, looks like hibs are going to be out of sight pretty soon ☹️

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Yanks like a committee, Dave.

Chuck bodies at everything.

Yip, we know that to be true. I’d go on a conference call with 2 from our side and about 15 from theirs. 😄

😂

They will still try and put a positive spin on it. WTF does this guy know about Scottish football. I wouldn’t be comfortable with a guy that uses phrases like ‘offense’ and ‘out of bounds’ as head of recruitment at Hearts.

Edited by DS98

"Are they no' deid yet?"

That question was a goto on the Sergey/Bajillions thread they fux, and their £10 lighter fanboys, loved so much.

I suspect the Hearts support would be divided if/when Ron pulls the plug and Hibernian FC hit the buffers, again.

Some would like them to survive for all the future derby wins, some would want them liquidated and to suffer long term...

Me?

Hibs deid.

Asap.

FTHibs.

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

"Are they no' deid yet?"

That question was a goto on the Sergey/Bajillions thread they fux, and their £10 lighter fanboys, loved so much.

I suspect the Hearts support would be divided if/when Ron pulls the plug and Hibernian FC hit the buffers, again.

Some would like them to survive for all the future derby wins, some would want them liquidated and to suffer long term...

Me?

Hibs deid.

Asap.

FTHibs.

Posted the above before I read dotnut's take on it.

Now even happier.

So long and thanks for all the derby wins...

:rofl:

:flagwave:

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

12 directors on the board. A tad top heavy imo.  

Especially when they've announced they won't be replacing Mathie as Sporting Director as they prefer a more streamlined structure.  So that means their CEO becomes de facto Sporting Director and the owner's son will head up recruitment.

I suspect the son will be doing this as part of his overall remit within the family business, i.e. he ain't getting paid anything extra for taking on this role.

Is anyone over on Ron.net asking serious questions of this?

If they have any sense they will learn from us and get up to speed with what might be happening early doors. 

Hopefully not. 

wentworth jambo
9 hours ago, martoon said:

"Are they no' deid yet?"

Me?

Hibs deid.

Asap.

FTHibs.

Stop stealing my thoughts !!!

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

If they have any sense they will learn from us and get up to speed with what might be happening early doors. 

Hopefully not. 

If they had any sense, they wouldn't be on Ron.net!

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully not. 

Some are worried.

The others are doing the three monkeys thing.

🙈🙉🙊

Edited by martoon

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Some are worried.

The others are doing the three monkeys thing.

🙈🙉🙊

The irony of the others that are not worried are the same ones who were laughing when Rodney got appointed.

They are a Ron's bank being sponsors away from a full mad vlad.

Edited by Rods

2 hours ago, Rods said:

The irony of the others that are not worried are the same ones who were laughing when Rodney got appointed.

They are a Ron's bank being sponsors away from a full mad vlad.

Aye. 

Definite parallels there.

As stated earlier, Rods, I'm all for the full monty: admin, liquidation, deid.

The worrying thing is... Ron makes a healthy whack of millions in profit if they go bust.

Foreign owners with no attachment to the club. Try to hail Mary success in a rigged league, realise its pointless, bugger off and not care a hot about the local fall out. The worrying thing for them is Ron will gobble up the prime real estate on his way out the door. Dear god the Tesco noise from that mob will come back to haunt them.

Will end in tears, guaranteed. 

Not sure if the ins and outs of Ron’s involvement and how he plans to use the club but it has looked like a positive move for them…

…until now. 

Once you start appointing family to crucial posts then you have a BIG problem. Especially one who seems to live in the USA. 

😛

Hands of Hibs MKII better be in the planning now. Just like FOH was in the making, due to foresight by intelligent people. 

To the interlopers reading.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. 

I humbly suggest you start planning now.

59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure if the ins and outs of Ron’s involvement and how he plans to use the club but it has looked like a positive move for them…

…until now. 

Once you start appointing family to crucial posts then you have a BIG problem. Especially one who seems to live in the USA. 

😛

There were stories going about that he was livid about the lack of a megabucks sale during the last transfer window. That’s supposedly what his financial strategy is all about. It’s why there’s the huge PR excercise on the go to continually talk up pretty ordinary players as being superstars. I would reckon his son has been brought in to push players out for cash and stop anybody sabotaging deals.  Their next published accounts should make interesting reading. Interesting that there has been a lack of press chatter about this.

Edited by Deevers

55 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hands of Hibs MKII better be in the planning now. Just like FOH was in the making, due to foresight by intelligent people. 

To the interlopers reading.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. 

I humbly suggest you start planning now.

They have that HSL dont they, I'm sure they will get plenty backing to save the club 🤣

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There were stories going about that he was livid about the lack of a megabucks sale during the last transfer window. That’s supposedly what his financial strategy is all about. It’s why there’s the huge PR excercise on the go to continually talk up pretty ordinary players as being superstars. I would reckon his son has been brought in to push players out for cash and stop anybody sabotaging deals.  There next published accounts should make interesting reading. Interesting that there has been a lack of press chatter about this.

Not sure there's any sabotaging going on.  I know for pretty assured fact that Ross told them over a year ago that Porteous and Doig were "very replaceable" and to take any offer.  Essentially, don't let me stop you type stuff.  Can only imagine similar feeling on Nisbett.

Thing is, I don't for a second think they've had any actual offers for these guys.  They maybe made a tit of a possible Nisbett deal trying to milk the market, but the other two - nowt. 

Cos they're shite.  

And there lies the problem.  Easy to talk them up and to work their media darling status to their advantage up here, but as soon as anyone scouts Doig or Porteous properly... well.... see above.

The flaw in their plan is that they have very little sellable.  At the moment, you'd say only Boyle and even then his type is a bit ten a penny down south (not saying he isn't good, just his type of player, and not like he's 22, is common enough really).

And also if that's the big plan, that's a worry.  Of course in our market you need to make the most out of transfer fees - we should do better.  But it shouldn't be THE plan.  That only works if you're classic Ajax or perhaps fashionably these days a Brentford, who either have the conveyor belt or are amazing recruiters.  Not sure Hibs are either of those!!!