• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

I dont .

But I know what I watched last week and for Scotland.

Nisbet is rotten and his haircut was the 2nd worst at Tynecastle last week.

Scotland have very limited options for strikers. That Dykes isn’t international standard either. 

15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Personally I think now is a great time for big Ron the con to cash in on his prime Edinburgh real estate.

Pity Hibs don't own any

11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Choo choo opinions differ but Nisbet will go for a couple of million, Boyce could be bought for probably about 250k at end of season 

He won't, he really won't go for a couple of million. Very much to Hibs dismay. Choo  choo.

54 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He won't, he really won't go for a couple of million. Very much to Hibs dismay. Choo  choo.

Proof will be in the pudding as they say, I will leave it there.

16 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Not sure he is that suited to Hibs style but I think he is decent for sure better than Boyce or Gnando for me.

Would you like a wee £50 charity bet that Boyce will score more than Nisbet?

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The lack of a player sale in this window will be making Ron twitchy. A trading loss on their next set of figures is probably inevitable. We’ll no doubt be seeing stuff in the media in the run up to the next window, from their  pet journos touting Doig and Nisbet attracting interest from everybody and fanciful money being suggested. Ron won’t want to be ploughing money into a failing business model. He’ll want sales to shore up things and take his cut. These players will go for much less than is being touted.

Edited by Deevers

10 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

So Ron owns The Farm and The Piggery? They’re finished. 10,000 seater Meccanno stadium at Fort Kinnaird in 10yrs.

NAP

There is one already there waiting for them in Wallyford😂

image.jpeg.e4e77e394df4cb1a0a18c075eef5ed40.jpeg

21 minutes ago, merrymac said:

There is one already there waiting for them in Wallyford😂

image.jpeg.e4e77e394df4cb1a0a18c075eef5ed40.jpeg

Going off on a tangent, but it must be well over 10 years ago they started building the new Greyhound Stadium in Wallyford, anybody know what's happening with this 'white elephant'?

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Going off on a tangent, but it must be well over 10 years ago they started building the new Greyhound Stadium in Wallyford, anybody know what's happening with this 'white elephant'?

finally cancelled 2 weeks ago

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/19557481.wallyford-greyhound-stadium-plan-officially-scrapped-20-years/

Turning down whatever the offer from Birmingham was for Nisbet may well be Hibs Andy Driver moment. 

Birmingham did sign the big huddie from Aberdeen, Sam Cosgrove, for however much and he's such a success he's on loan to Shrewsbury in league 1. Aberdeen also sold the other huddie - Scott McKenna - to Notts Forest and that's not exactly gone well for them.

There is little chance of Nisbet moving to the EPL and I'm sure Championship clubs will look at other recent singings from our league before considering large bids. Hibs will be lucky to get £1m for him. 

Edited by skinnybob72

17 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This children is why you shouldn't put illegal substances into your body.

🤣🤣 

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Turning down whatever the offer from Birmingham was for Nisbet may well be Hibs Andy Driver moment. 

Birmingham did sign the big huddie from Aberdeen, Sam Cosgrove, for however much and he's such a success he's on loan to Shrewsbury in league 1. Aberdeen also sold the other huddie - Scott McKenna - to Notts Forest and that's not exactly gone well for them.

There is little chance of Nisbet moving to the EPL and I'm sure Championship clubs will look at other recent singings from our league before considering large bids. Hibs will be lucky to get £1m for him. 

I think some of these clubs will be looking at purchases like Cummings , McKenna and Cosgrove and realising these players are not worth whats being bandied about pricewise. You look at the Derby County situation and that reinforces the idea they may stop throwing that money about on players like those mentioned above. 

There's been speculation since day one on here that Ron Gordon is bad news for Hibs but I'm yet to see it. Bringing in plenty sponsors, backing his manager and got European football under his ownership already. Would rather we just focused on doing the same than wishing for something that might never come over there.

They're still shite though, and a bunch of ****s so **** them.

On 17/09/2021 at 07:32, Leveins Battalion said:

Heard from 2 impeccable sources that all is not well at the Methadome,Peruvian Ron made in clear that the club had budgeted for at least 

1 player sale at a minimum,to quote Elvis 'significant unrest' between their new CEO Ben Kensell,the football department and Ron Gordon.

Graeme Mathie binned before the derby,crazy decison by the Hobos and the recent upturn in their fortunes is largely down to him,beleive he has a role lined

up at Celtic now,Ross not happy that he is away.

This is going to get very entertaining watching this unfold.....:levein_interesting:

P.S the new American winger was not signed by the football department.....

I heard the exact opposite.

Big Slim Stylee
18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Scotland have very limited options for strikers. That Dykes isn’t international standard either. 

Unfortunately he is. We’re not exactly blessed.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

2 hours ago, Browser said:

I heard the exact opposite.

Yep, me too. Ross is delighted Mathie is away. They can't stand each other.

Also heard RG is absolutely furious one of their 'marquee' players wasn't sold for big money during the transfer window to fund moves for the boys from St Mirren and St Johnstone and he puts the blame squarely at Mathies feet.

I think if you're a Hibs fan taking Ron the con at his word you are foolish. They think everything is hunky dory but nothing lasts. Ron holds all the cards and he is not there for the love of Hibernian FC. 

He sees assets and maybe not today, next week or next year they will get their cumuppance. 

In the words of a leith scumbag

We told you so...

4 hours ago, leginten said:

Good to see Hibs doing their bit for the Covid recovery by restricting the attendance at ER today.

what an embarrassing support. Social distancing overboard.  Where are all their fans ? After all they are top of the league 🤣 it’s pathetic and why they are and always will be the wee team. Another hibsing it day for them as well 🤣

2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Also heard RG is absolutely furious one of their 'marquee' players wasn't sold for big money during the transfer window to fund moves for the boys from St Mirren and St Johnstone and he puts the blame squarely at Mathies feet.

In for a rude awakening then isnt he 🤣 “What , why didn’t we sell our best players and make me money?” “What do you mean they aren’t fooled by the media bigging them up and wouldn’t pay what I wanted for them” 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Always wondered what that was 

5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Always wondered what that was 

Should be big and comfortable enough for them as it is.😂

gorgie rd eh11
7 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

what a lot of **** . Do You think if a decent offer had come inf for any of them they wouldn’t be away? Do you think Mathie was turning down bids? Do you believe the hype created around these over rated players?

Nobody rated them anywhere near the made up bull hibs were peddling.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

what a lot of **** . Do You think if a decent offer had come inf for any of them they wouldn’t be away? Do you think Mathie was turning down bids? Do you believe the hype created around these over rated players?

I just don’t get it with the likes of nisbet and Doig. Overrated garbage and if they got 500k for each of them they would have won a watch 

Nisbet is a lazy overrated uninterested fat prick who shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scotland squad, and Doig is an average full back who runs up and down the wing doing sweet fa other than running up and down the wing 

The only one I would take would be Doyle and who could probably get a game for us 

there is a reason they are constantly in the press peddling their players for big money. 

what club really does this ? If your player is worth something clubs will bid good money. They have a lot of players that are overhyped pish IMO and will regret the day they didn’t sell Rab C when a bid was made 

6 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If a decent offer had come in then yes, they would have accepted it. You've misunderstood my post. RG blames Mathie for no offers coming in because its his job as sporting director to bring in and sell players and RG fully expected at least one of their 'marquee' players to go for good money and none of them did because no one was interested and Mathie got the blame for that.

Leveins Battalion

Ironic that LF and a few other regular interlopers on here are still pining on all things Hibs,mostly Nisbet yet virtually every fan in agreement on Hibs.net that he has been utter shite this season 😂😂😂

So bad they are cursing the club for not signing the thumb.😂

8 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The bull that the media bought in to. That’s the surprising part for me. Porteous especially.

Not even sure it matters.

the precedent has been set.

any club can liquidate , be bought out of liquidation and continue as if nothing happened, including laying claim to history and trophies etc.

our governing body and media etc will fully endorse this shuffle without skipping a beat.

Anyone prosecuted for such chicanery will receive enormous payouts.

insolvency practitioners can sell the club as an entire thing instead of breaking it up to get best value for creditors , 

football debt is therefore utterly inconsequential beyond temporary penalties .

gorgie rd eh11
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Not even sure it matters.

the precedent has been set.

any club can liquidate , be bought out of liquidation and continue as if nothing happened, including laying claim to history and trophies etc.

our governing body and media etc will fully endorse this shuffle without skipping a beat.

Anyone prosecuted for such chicanery will receive enormous payouts.

insolvency practitioners can sell the club as an entire thing instead of breaking it up to get best value for creditors , 

football debt is therefore utterly inconsequential beyond temporary penalties .

Has that not always been the case? Hibs were under the present day rules liquidated as recently as 1990.

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ironic that LF and a few other regular interlopers on here are still pining on all things Hibs,mostly Nisbet yet virtually every fan in agreement on Hibs.net that he has been utter shite this season 😂😂😂

So bad they are cursing the club for not signing the thumb.😂

Your what I would call a galloot in that I do not pine for anything Hibs but would rather you did not make tomtit up to get attention. 

I don't read Hibs net, but bash on I rarely venture on here nowadays either as posters like the First Minister dominate all threads, I do however have a few Hibs friends who say he is not looking that interested if that helps you.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Nisbet is taking the pish out hibs gutted he didn't get his move.

Gets it, that view is not taken on here, who all think he is pants.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 18/09/2021 at 03:57, skinnybob72 said:

Thing is Driver was a genuine prospect at that time - just 20/21 with a few years top level experience and had broken into the England U21s. We had realistic expectations of him getting us more money before he got injured. Nisbet is 24 with one season in the top league under his belt. He's in the Scotland squad because we literally have no-one else.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I think if you're a Hibs fan taking Ron the con at his word you are foolish. They think everything is hunky dory but nothing lasts. Ron holds all the cards and he is not there for the love of Hibernian FC. 

He sees assets and maybe not today, next week or next year they will get their cumuppance. 

In the words of a leith scumbag

We told you so...

It's not like they got a close up look of what happens when you sell your club to someone who simply doesn't get football in this country and has plans that are completely unrealistic. Speculate to accumulate doesn't work for a club our size - Romanov proved that. Once in a while you'll get a big sale, like us with Gordon or them with McGinn but it's the exception to the rule.

There's no doubt to me that Gordon looked at how easily HIbs turned 250 grand into a few million and saw the dollar signs flashing in front of him. 100% he's said to Mathie or whoever - "Find me another John McGinn". Instead they signed all his brothers and any other St Mirren player who had a decent season. 

There are a few other things that should worry HIbs fans. Scrapping the academy scraps a pillar of their identity - "conveyor bet of talent" has been their mantra for a while. Showing no interest in the fan scheme thing they had going shows he wants this to be a one man show. Bringing in Ben Kensell with his reputation for not caring who he does sponsorship deals with (one reason for his exit from Norwich) shows Gordon cares more about money than the clubs identity or "brand" - the Sportemon Go deal was probably Kensell's doing and is not popular with Hibees I know. And pressuring the club to sell players, resulting in them disappearing from the first team randomly as happened with Doig is as Romanov as it gets, as is bringing in his son to consult at Hibs.

Should be fun times ahead made even more fun by the fact that it shows they learned nothing from what we went through with Romanov. And we at least got one stellar season with a title challenge, 2 cup wins, nearly broke our LC hoodoo and got a shot at the CL to offset the rest of it. Suspect last year's 3rd and abysmal cup final performance will be as good as it gets under Gordon.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• 2 weeks later...
Hagar the Horrible

What will needle them is they had defered wages, and discarded  the academy like an over heated spoon, so no conveyor belt of super stars like Riordan and O'Connor.  Mathie left with a cold turkey statement saying just pretty much thank you. Its going to be interesting to see how they rebuild the next squad without Cutting their own, and have to Deal in the Market place. They will ahve to Pull a "white rabbit" out the hat, to play "Itchycoo park".  You dont have to be 'snowblind' to see that,  They will be flying high again in no time!

I have it on good authority that there was no concrete interest in Doig, Porteous and Nisbet over the summer despite Hibs’ attempts of whoring them out of the club. 

If I am not mistaken Hibs’ former head of communications who left towards the tail end of last season previously worked in certain media organisations in Scotland. Clearly a pattern there. I assume the new guy has similar connections. 

I actually think Nisbet is decent but he’s hardly scored a goal in 2021. Doig is also alright but was targeted in all games at Hampden last season, starting with our win over them.

I previously though that Porteous had the building blocks to be a decent centre back but after his showing in the derby I am beginning to think otherwise, 90 minutes of hoofing the ball to nobody plus he got away with numerous mistakes in the first half especially. 

As for Ron Gordon, Hibs are in the mud. He owns all their assets outright but seems to not want to really invest in the team. The McGrath attempt was clearly a rouse to sack Mathie. The deal was never ever going to happen with minutes to go in the window. But they have a new big screen!

It's only just come to my attention that they're trying to raise money for the academy through a ****ing lottery, I can't believe it lol

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-launch-new-leith-lotto-in-support-of-club-academy?fbclid=IwAR1L1Y5zt7jerennDAEeaWY-gMycbiDy9Cm2XJVfupWM4is8Ms9-ZXtWKqw

That's unreal, I can't think of anything worse especially given the fact they've got a shiny yank owner.

Maybe they should just sell Nisbet for his 500 million pound asking price and they can reopen the academy?

5 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

It's only just come to my attention that they're trying to raise money for the academy through a ****ing lottery, I can't believe it lol

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-launch-new-leith-lotto-in-support-of-club-academy?fbclid=IwAR1L1Y5zt7jerennDAEeaWY-gMycbiDy9Cm2XJVfupWM4is8Ms9-ZXtWKqw

That's unreal, I can't think of anything worse especially given the fact they've got a shiny yank owner.

Maybe they should just sell Nisbet for his 500 million pound asking price and they can reopen the academy?

Is that the same as the half time draw?  One of my good mates who played for them (big jambo too) had to stand in the stadium before the games and sell they tickets as he was in the youth team and the profits go to that? 

Ironic article though that they miss out Kevin Thomson.  Sure he played for them for **** all a few years back and was is a hibs fan but seems staunch as anything these days. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle