Hibernian Soccerball Franchise.

Leveins Battalion

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be onboard with that if they were happy to move their franchise at least 100 miles outside Edinburgh. 

50 miles east would do...

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They seem to pride themselves in holding out for the best possible deal for their players but if that means keeping guys who’d rather not be there or holds up other recruitment plans it can be a bit counter productive. 

All this chat of millions for Nisbet, Porteous and Doig has been going on for ages yet they are all still there. 

Yup, and talking silly figures for what they expect to get for their players must work against them when they try to buy players. The likes of St Mirren aren’t going to sell them one of their better players for a pittance if there is any prospect that Hibs are going to be getting millions coming in. 

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yup, and talking silly figures for what they expect to get for their players must work against them when they try to buy players. The likes of St Mirren aren’t going to sell them one of their better players for a pittance if there is any prospect that Hibs are going to be getting millions coming in. 

Good point. 

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I actually think part of the media bumming them up and their players is because of sell on fees other clubs get if they sell them.  Macgennis and Nisbet are due St Mirren and Dunfermline money from sales, so did McGinn.

St Mirren, if Hibs make them money when they leave Hibs will be happy enough to continue selling players to them.   St Johnstone rightfully told them to bolt for one of their defenders. 

7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Heard from 2 impeccable sources that all is not well at the Methadome,Peruvian Ron made in clear that the club had budgeted for at least 

1 player sale at a minimum,to quote Elvis 'significant unrest' between their new CEO Ben Kensell,the football department and Ron Gordon.

Graeme Mathie binned before the derby,crazy decison by the Hobos and the recent upturn in their fortunes is largely down to him,beleive he has a role lined

up at Celtic now,Ross not happy that he is away.

This is going to get very entertaining watching this unfold.....:levein_interesting:

P.S the new American winger was not signed by the football department.....

Was told Ross can't stand Mathie. They don't speak. Came to a head when they tried to sign the St midden boy Mcgrath.  Was all set up and Mathie did nothing about it.

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, gorgie rools said:

Was told Ross can't stand Mathie. They don't speak. Came to a head when they tried to sign the St midden boy Mcgrath.  Was all set up and Mathie did nothing about it.

Mathie must be a good judge of character then...anyone who "gets on" with creepy Jack must be a wrong 'un

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I’m sure Joe S will be having a long hard look to see if it can be improved - but then that should be standard practice to frequently review things to see if we can improve. Standstill too long you go backwards.

I’m sure he will, really impressed with his work and attitude so far. 

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The basic fundamental problem was Nisbet, Porteous and Doig aren't that good. So in a difficult transfer market over pricing them made it very easy for potentially interested clubs to walk away.

Someone needs to explain the Jamie McGrath bid. Was it last minute because the money hadn't come in and then someone decided to just bid. 

So you know more than Stevie Clarke now re Nisbet ffs

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

Mathie must be a good judge of character then...anyone who "gets on" with creepy Jack must be a wrong 'un

Who the ****s Mathie? 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

In Same way you know better than Bob. 

👍

11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Nisbet doesn’t look that good a player to me. He’ll go into reverse after his next move. Get a big move, not make it, back up the road and do okay. Not a bad player but being bigged up way too much.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Nisbet doesn’t look that good a player to me. He’ll go into reverse after his next move. Get a big move, not make it, back up the road and do okay. Not a bad player but being bigged up way too much.

Not sure he is that suited to Hibs style but I think he is decent for sure better than Boyce or Gnando for me.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In Same way you know better than Bob. 

👍

I said previously your title should be the First Minister on here but in reality you are the equivalent of the class clown.

7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That would be the end for me. If we lifted a finger to help them I would never return to Tynie again.

I’m on this train. They were, prematurely dancing on our grave.

I’d only piss on them if they were on fire if my piss was petrol 

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Not sure he is that suited to Hibs style but I think he is decent for sure better than Boyce or Gnando for me.

Haven’t seen too much of him but he looks above average and that’s genuinely the best compliment I could give him. I wouldn’t trade him for Boyce right now but he’s young and could improve. Gnando aye.

Hugely over rated in my eyes and the fact he’s In the Scotland squad says way more about Scotland than it does about him. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You’re having a laugh. He couldn’t lace Boyce’s left boot. Do you think ‘Porto’ is better than Souttar as well? 😂

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He reminds me of Stokes.  Celtic minded and not giving a **** about Hibs now he's wanting to leave. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You’re having a laugh. He couldn’t lace Boyce’s left boot. Do you think ‘Porto’ is better than Souttar as well? 😂

Boyce and Nisbet are at the same level.  Clubs buying him would be further potential where as Boyce won't go higher again. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He reminds me of Stokes.  Celtic minded and not giving a **** about Hibs now he's wanting to leave. 

Probably a fair comparison but he’s nowhere near the level of Stokes when Stokes was good. I’m not surprised he wants to secure the big move asap because he’s just not that good and might not get that big wage in a few seasons time. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Boyce and Nisbet are at the same level.  Clubs buying him would be further potential where as Boyce won't go higher again. 

As goal scorers their stats are pretty similar. Boyce’s are at a far better level though. Nisbet has scored 3 league goals in the last 6 months.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who the ****s Mathie? 

Hibs' sporting director. Although according to today's BBC Gossip column he's been sacked: 

Hibernian are set to part company with sporting director Graeme Mathie, who has been in the role since January 2020 and has been at Easter Road since 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58593909

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Hibs' sporting director. Although according to today's BBC Gossip column he's been sacked: 

Hibernian are set to part company with sporting director Graeme Mathie, who has been in the role since January 2020 and has been at Easter Road since 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58593909

Ta. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

As goal scorers their stats are pretty similar. Boyce’s are at a far better level though. Nisbet has scored 3 league goals in the last 6 months.

Nisbet is the most over rated player about atm. 

Boy is horse. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I said previously your title should be the First Minister on here but in reality you are the equivalent of the class clown.

It's annoying when what you thought was a smart arse comment gets flipped around on you, eh? 

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be onboard with that if they were happy to move their franchise at least 100 miles outside Edinburgh. 

Is that into the middle of the North Sea? Id support that too

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Bizarre for a hearts fan to call Nisbet better than Boyce after watching Boyce week in and week out. By all accounts Nisbet is a decent player but I have never seen him have a decent game against Hearts or for Scotland so where are you seeing the evidence that he is better than Boyce? 

4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Bizarre for a hearts fan to call Nisbet better than Boyce after watching Boyce week in and week out. By all accounts Nisbet is a decent player but I have never seen him have a decent game against Hearts or for Scotland so where are you seeing the evidence that he is better than Boyce? 

Better than Boyce who is proven and has many more elements to his game than Nisbet. 🙈 Didn’t nutmeg Baningime tho so maybe he isnt better than Nisbet 🥴

Nisbet has potential but hes not the player they claim he is , for now hes very overrated imo

Schlappekicker

@Lfhearts doesn’t have a good word to say about Hearts. Ever……, yet is very complimentary about Hibs at times on this thread.

Coincidental I’m sure.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Schlappekicker said:

@Lfhearts doesn’t have a good word to say about Hearts. Ever……, yet is very complimentary about Hibs at times on this thread.

Coincidental I’m sure.

🤣🤣 I got banned from the Transfer thread for calling him out……and a few other things.

The boy is a troll of the highest order,on here 24 hours a day aswell.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

He probably does.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe they'll make a bundle on Porteous. I'd rate him nearly on a level with Alan Hansen.

Of course Jocky is 66 now

I'm not sure many would agree on him being better than Boyce.  

This children is why you shouldn't put illegal substances into your body.

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

Better than Boyce who is proven and has many more elements to his game than Nisbet. 🙈 Didn’t nutmeg Baningime tho so maybe he isnt better than Nisbet 🥴

Nisbet has potential but hes not the player they claim he is , for now hes very overrated imo

That hits the nail on the head. Nisbet 24 (looked that up) and Boyce 30. Who knows where Nisbet will be in 6 years time but right now Boyce is a better player. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Watching Doig on Sunday, and he struck me as a very average left back, not terrible but could not see what potential there is. I still find it mad that until Longstaff joined Aberdeen on loan, Doig was the highest valued non-old firm player on Transfermarkt at £3.6m (next is Nisbet on £2.7m.)  The highest valued Hearts player is Ben Woodburn at £1.8m followed by Beningime at £900k. So values are all over the place.

Only seen him twice against us and a couple of times in other Hibs games and he's looked very average. He might be good going forward although I've seen no evidence but he's not a good defender at all. Compare that to Hickey who was obviously quality, and Patterson and Ramsey who have emerged as young RBs who both look top class.

Not surprised by the rumours from the OP. They were so obviously trying to sell 1 or 2 players.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What’s up with their screens btw.  A big screen, a wee thin screen and another flat screen. Just looks odd. 

Agreed, I’d rather have no screens than that. 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This children is why you shouldn't put illegal substances into your body.

Choo choo opinions differ but Nisbet will go for a couple of million, Boyce could be bought for probably about 250k at end of season 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That hits the nail on the head. Nisbet 24 (looked that up) and Boyce 30. Who knows where Nisbet will be in 6 years time but right now Boyce is a better player. 

No question that Boyce is the better player right now and all things being equal would outscore Nisbet, must admit I didn’t realise he was 24!    He’s a decent striker who will improve further but he has a ceiling and  I do think he’s overhyped, like a few of their players.  

gorgie rd eh11
47 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Choo choo opinions differ but Nisbet will go for a couple of million, Boyce could be bought for probably about 250k at end of season 

And Doig will be off to AC Milan for £5 000 000 😂

5 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I dont .

But I know what I watched last week and for Scotland.

Nisbet is rotten and his haircut was the 2nd worst at Tynecastle last week.