Hibernian Soccerball Franchise.

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

Heard from 2 impeccable sources that all is not well at the Methadome,Peruvian Ron made in clear that the club had budgeted for at least 

1 player sale at a minimum,to quote Elvis 'significant unrest' between their new CEO Ben Kensell,the football department and Ron Gordon.

Graeme Mathie binned before the derby,crazy decison by the Hobos and the recent upturn in their fortunes is largely down to him,beleive he has a role lined

up at Celtic now,Ross not happy that he is away.

This is going to get very entertaining watching this unfold.....:levein_interesting:

P.S the new American winger was not signed by the football department.....

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After their behavior during our dark days I'd love them to go through a wee bit turmoil, but I think this is just fantasy and wishful thinking.

27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Heard from 2 impeccable sources that all is not well at the Methadome,Peruvian Ron made in clear that the club had budgeted for at least 

1 player sale at a minimum,to quote Elvis 'significant unrest' between their new CEO Ben Kensell,the football department and Ron Gordon.

Graeme Mathie binned before the derby,crazy decison by the Hobos and the recent upturn in their fortunes is largely down to him,beleive he has a role lined

up at Celtic now,Ross not happy that he is away.

This is going to get very entertaining watching this unfold.....:levein_interesting:

P.S the new American winger was not signed by the football department.....

Personally I think now is a great time for big Ron the con to cash in on his prime Edinburgh real estate.

Edited by Rudy T

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

After their behavior during our dark days I'd love them to go through a wee bit turmoil, but I think this is just fantasy and wishful thinking.

This. I think they're probably doing just fine. They're also at the best I have seen them in a long time. 

That said, I would like to see how they would cope with a long term injury to Boyle. Oh, and they also bottled two semi's and a final last season.

:fth:

wentworth jambo

While it is a rumour and I'd love it to be completely true, there is an element of truth that can't be denied, the one major difference between our organisations now is they have a price - they're owned by one man with no real vested interest - someone comes along with the right amount of money regardless if it for the good of the club or not, he takes it. Doesn't happen that way for us now.....

Heard some fantasy stuff about increasing our capacity on another thread. Foh should go to Budge/Anderson and ask for a advance of 5 or 6 Million and buy Easter road from Ron. He gets all his cash back and gets a team he can bleed dry. We get some rent at a good yeald on initial investment and also can charge whatever we want if they want to buy it back. We could say ok we bought it for 5M you can have it back for 10M or have it back for 5M minus 4 stands that we will flatten. Have the Hibs fans start their own Foh that saves their club and  pays money directly to us. Over night we would weaken Hibs for generations as they get crowds of 4/5000 max as long as we owned the stadium. As I say fantasy stuff but still a nice thought. 

(Failure to pay rent means a automatic eviction. We can build flats or sell land after we have demolished it)  

Think their next set of accounts might make interesting reading. You get the impression that they were in an almighty rush to talk up Doig and get him sold. 

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Think their next set of accounts might make interesting reading. You get the impression that they were in an almighty rush to talk up Doig and get him sold. 

Without doubt. Did anyone actually watch him and nisbet at tynecastle last week? Doig especially is Average - nothing more 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Without doubt. Did anyone actually watch him and nisbet at tynecastle last week? Doig especially is Average - nothing more 

The American propaganda machine really went to work on Doig and Nisbet.  I have never seen them as anything more than a good SPFL player.  The fees reported for both them were pie in the sky. Nisbet £2m at a very large push and Doig slightly less than that.  Doig is no Hickey

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Their financial plan is obviously to talk up and sell at least one of their players in every window.  Doig has never looked anything other than bang average in every game I have watched. All the talk of knocking back bids  for him smacked of little more than trying to drum up interest. It failed miserably.  I wonder if Ron is getting twitchy about his investment there.  January might be very interesting.

33 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Heard some fantasy stuff about increasing our capacity on another thread. Foh should go to Budge/Anderson and ask for a advance of 5 or 6 Million and buy Easter road from Ron. He gets all his cash back and gets a team he can bleed dry. We get some rent at a good yeald on initial investment and also can charge whatever we want if they want to buy it back. We could say ok we bought it for 5M you can have it back for 10M or have it back for 5M minus 4 stands that we will flatten. Have the Hibs fans start their own Foh that saves their club and  pays money directly to us. Over night we would weaken Hibs for generations as they get crowds of 4/5000 max as long as we owned the stadium. As I say fantasy stuff but still a nice thought. 

(Failure to pay rent means a automatic eviction. We can build flats or sell land after we have demolished it)  

I know the idea of giving them money would be unpalatable to most.

But imagine FoH bailed them out if they were in real turmoil.

:smugger:

Abuse of Concession ST sales still a massive problem for them.

Ron the con desperate to crack down on it. Been told if they do they can expect 2000+ less ST’s per season.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

That would be the end for me. If we lifted a finger to help them I would never return to Tynie again.

If Ron watched Porteous stand on the ball twice in the first 10mins, lunge in to tackles for misreading the ball and then just hoof it for 80 mins knowing Mathie  had turned down £1m from Millwall that was probably the final straw.

gorgie rd eh11

I’ve no idea what’s going on down there but they were definitely trying their hardest to  talk up and sell players. Some of the “interest” that was reported was clearly made up bull****.

28 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That would be the end for me. If we lifted a finger to help them I would never return to Tynie again.

Yeah, didn't think it would sit too well with the natives, but the smugness and gloating would be glorious.

Would't be the first time we've helped save them

The way they went about the Doig business in the summer was totally embarrassing. Leaving him out of a game, with Jack Ross conceding his departure was imminent. Not 1 club interested in their made up values put on them by Hibs.

And we moan about lack of communication or consultation :lol:

Ronald will do whatever he wants with that mob whenever he wants and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.  

Beautiful. 

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

The way they went about the Doig business in the summer was totally embarrassing. Leaving him out of a game, with Jack Ross conceding his departure was imminent. Not 1 club interested in their made up values put on them by Hibs.

So with regard to the sale of Doig?

One might suggest they “Hibs’d it”?

🤣

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Their financial plan is obviously to talk up and sell at least one of their players in every window.  Doig has never looked anything other than bang average in every game I have watched. All the talk of knocking back bids  for him smacked of little more than trying to drum up interest. It failed miserably.  I wonder if Ron is getting twitchy about his investment there.  January might be very interesting.

Yup, they have always done that, hyped the players up (and get people in the press to do the same) so they can inflate the price. To be fair its not a bad plan and some of it I wish we would. But the summer was a clear attempt at selling Doig by making out that there were £5m bids around, in the hope they can trick some club to pay a few million. With Nisbet they were hoping to sell while his stock was high, hoping if they knocked back £3m in January someone would pay more, problem is that his form went down a lot after January.

14 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

The basic fundamental problem was Nisbet, Porteous and Doig aren't that good. So in a difficult transfer market over pricing them made it very easy for potentially interested clubs to walk away.

Someone needs to explain the Jamie McGrath bid. Was it last minute because the money hadn't come in and then someone decided to just bid. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The basic fundamental problem was Nisbet, Porteous and Doig aren't that good. So in a difficult transfer market over pricing them made it very easy for potentially interested clubs to walk away.

Someone needs to explain the Jamie McGrath bid. Was it last minute because the money hadn't come in and then someone decided to just bid. 

I'm sure I read he was going south and it fell through so hibs offered 3 (presumably now unhappy) players for the guy. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They way I read the McGarth bid, is Hibs trying to game the market, he is out of contract at the end of the season so offer St Mirren what would be the last chance to sell him that window, money plus two players in the hope they can get him a lot cheaper and in the process move on two fringe players. But St Mirren probably saw more value in keeping him.

OP might be the works of Karl-Heinz Rumourmonger but Mathie’s departure and the arse they made of the transfer window (scrambling for last minute bids, failing, players now knowing they’re not wanted, failing to get the daft bids they wanted for average players etc) does give it some credence. They’ll be praying Boyle stays fit so they can try and get a decent fee following his new contract. 

manaliveits105
41 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I’ve no idea what’s going on down there but they were definitely trying their hardest to  talk up and sell players. Some of the “interest” that was reported was clearly made up bull****.

The only people taken in by their hype of average players are the media and Steve Clarke worryingly.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Absolutely this. Wouldn't give that rancid shower the leftovers on my plate.

Mods: please change title to "Edinboro Hibernians Soccerball Franchise" - thanks. :icon14:

Heard from a well placed friend that transfer drama was the last straw.

main issue was operation of their underperforming Academy which he was also responsible for

Shakeup apparently coming there , and departure of their head coaches, Eddie May and Gareth Evans to happen in coming weeks

Mathie apparently was told to  replace them months ago but didn’t

jamboinglasgow

Watching Doig on Sunday, and he struck me as a very average left back, not terrible but could not see what potential there is. I still find it mad that until Longstaff joined Aberdeen on loan, Doig was the highest valued non-old firm player on Transfermarkt at £3.6m (next is Nisbet on £2.7m.)  The highest valued Hearts player is Ben Woodburn at £1.8m followed by Beningime at £900k. So values are all over the place.

53 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm sure I read he was going south and it fell through so hibs offered 3 (presumably now unhappy) players for the guy. 

I heard from someone who definitely knows what happens down fester way, that they were expecting to sell Doig then use some of that cash for McGrath. I heard that weeks before the end of the window. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I heard from someone who definitely knows what happens down fester way, that they were expecting to sell Doig then use some of that cash for McGrath. I heard that weeks before the end of the window. 

Serves them right then.  Doig is no better than average in this league. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I like the way you think 👍🏽👏🏾

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Serves them right then.  Doig is no better than average in this league. 

They seem to pride themselves in holding out for the best possible deal for their players but if that means keeping guys who’d rather not be there or holds up other recruitment plans it can be a bit counter productive. 

All this chat of millions for Nisbet, Porteous and Doig has been going on for ages yet they are all still there. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Watching Doig on Sunday, and he struck me as a very average left back, not terrible but could not see what potential there is. I still find it mad that until Longstaff joined Aberdeen on loan, Doig was the highest valued non-old firm player on Transfermarkt at £3.6m (next is Nisbet on £2.7m.)  The highest valued Hearts player is Ben Woodburn at £1.8m followed by Beningime at £900k. So values are all over the place.

Was he not the worst ranked LB in the top league last season? Lots of energy but not much end product and can’t defend. 
Hard not to laugh at some valuations on transfer market. 

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

🤣🤣🤣 Quality! Who would you rather have in your team.... Doig & Nisbet or Woodburn & Beni. 🤔🤣 No contest, and I've only seen Woodburn once!

3 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I’d be onboard with that if they were happy to move their franchise at least 100 miles outside Edinburgh. 

Can only assume the clubs who were going to spend hundreds of millions on Doig have actually decided to watch him play now. Lucky if he's worth 500k

Portable Badger
35 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

Heard from a well placed friend that transfer drama was the last straw.

main issue was operation of their underperforming Academy which he was also responsible for

Shakeup apparently coming there , and departure of their head coaches, Eddie May and Gareth Evans to happen in coming weeks

Mathie apparently was told to  replace them months ago but didn’t

Under-achieving academy is hardly surprising since Ron shut it down during Covid !!! Long may the muppets reign over them !!

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Under-achieving academy is hardly surprising since Ron shut it down during Covid !!! Long may the muppets reign over them !!

Is anyone asking questions about ours, long overdue a shake up I think. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Might have known you would attempt to take a thread laughing at Hibs and try to turn it anti Hearts.

Why would any Hearts supporter post what you have posted? 

It makes no sense?

Portable Badger
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure Joe S will be having a long hard look to see if it can be improved - but then that should be standard practice to frequently review things to see if we can improve. Standstill too long you go backwards.