Rangers sink to new low

gorgieroar

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

After Nelms absolutely shafting out club I get the feeling the vast majority of Hearts fans would say a resounding YES!

Check out the comments on JKB at the time where many fans made their opinion known.

He deserves to have Budge your a drink over him but they have to play the game.  Best revenge is success and rub there nose in that way

We'll abuse the dirty little shite   he deserves everything due to what he put Scottish football through last summer but the club can't officially do that.

There might even be disrepute issues in the league rules.  We don't know that but the board don't really have a choice.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

He deserves to have Budge your a drink over him but they have to play the game.  Best revenge is success and rub there nose in that way

We'll abuse the dirty little shite   he deserves everything due to what he put Scottish football through last summer but the club can't officially do that.

There might even be disrepute issues in the league rules.  We don't know that but the board don't really have a choice.

As you say you don’t know the rules so with respect you don’t know the club “don’t really have a choice”?🤔

Ann should know by now adopting the high moral ground in Scottish football gets you absolutely nowhere! It’s dog eat dog!

58 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Underpinning that TRFC fans would attack Chris Sutton on sight if seen in their stadium is Scotland's Shame marching about Glasgow this weekend intimidating any not of their ilk accompanied by cheering Sevco tops. Isn't it time this imported "heritage" was taken off the streets? SG make plenty noises on "hate" but so far ignore the orange elephant in the room. Too thorny an issue for them to tackle clearly. Best stick to trans rights etc..

Easier , arguably correctly , to make sure people have rights than to take rights away from people .

33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

As you say you don’t know the rules so with respect you don’t know the club “don’t really have a choice”?🤔

Ann should know by now adopting the high moral ground in Scottish football gets you absolutely nowhere! It’s dog eat dog!

I think she is well aware of that. 

You can be nice and rub people's noses in it. Have done it many times myself.

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I happened to see Chris Sutton coming out of the toilet in the Wheatfield a couple of years ago. Obviously had to go whilst he was commentating at the back of stand. I never saw or heard him have any trouble passing through a fair few Hearts fans.

The only person I ever saw getting a hard time whilst commentating up in the Wheatfield was Gerry McNee. That was before the new media area was created, so he was up in the gantry. Alan McInaly was seen to come out and have a jovial discussion with fans up there after a game.

Remember serenading Archie McPherson the night we beat Bayern Munich after he had completely written us off pre-game - t'was all very good humored though.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I think she gets that now but has to play the game when needed.  

Should she tell the other four clubs to bolt about getting involved in this commissioned report? 

I think she definitely now gets it and won't fall for it again.  

What better than giving a loser a drink in the boardroom?   

**** em with style 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Don't see the issue. 

Both complete welts. 

If Ibrox was banning folk based on that.... 

The only fault with the whole incident lies 100% at the feet of BT Sport, in an attempt to cut costs they, with less than 24 hours notice, decided that rather than have 2 separate outside broadcast teams that they would attempt to do one OB from Ibrox.

For weeks before an OF game there is security planning going on in the background which would allow the likes of messrs Sutton and Lennon to safely enter, exit and commentate on the game, as it was with less than 24 hours notice no planning had been undertaken which would have resulted in both of them having to walk round 3 stands to leave the stadium at a time when the majority of Rangers fans were entering the ground. 

No fan of either side of the OF but it was BT in the wrong here and not Rangers.

If The rangers can't ensure the safety of any press or media pundits they should be brought to account.  

One league title and they think they can do what they like.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

The only fault with the whole incident lies 100% at the feet of BT Sport, in an attempt to cut costs they, with less than 24 hours notice, decided that rather than have 2 separate outside broadcast teams that they would attempt to do one OB from Ibrox.

For weeks before an OF game there is security planning going on in the background which would allow the likes of messrs Sutton and Lennon to safely enter, exit and commentate on the game, as it was with less than 24 hours notice no planning had been undertaken which would have resulted in both of them having to walk round 3 stands to leave the stadium at a time when the majority of Rangers fans were entering the ground. 

No fan of either side of the OF but it was BT in the wrong here and not Rangers.

If it's rangers fc then  it's the history of their scumbag supporters behaviours fault that the cub can't guarantee the safety of folk. 

In fact, **** it, it is their Fault, they're not a pub team- they should be able to put safety arrangements in place even if the Pope was a last minute special guest. 

Cretins. 

6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Fans wouldn't welcome them but our club wouldn't be unprofessional in denying them entry.  Huge difference. 

Only if you think the club are distinct from the support. FOH now own Hearts and unless they are on a suicide mission then they have to go along with how the support thinks. Personally I can’t understand why so many now think Hibs and Celtic are somehow misunderstood and have Hearts interests as important.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

This happens every Sunday on sky sports and hasn't caused any issues. They may have 2 or 3 live games but the last game is where they have the studio coverage from.

I'd expect UEFA to have more of a backbone than the SFA/SPFL and would expect rangers to be punished for this. TV money accounts for a big chunk of where the prize money comes from so UEFA won't be too chuffed with this.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Only if you think the club are distinct from the support. FOH now own Hearts and unless they are on a suicide mission then they have to go along with how the support thinks. Personally I can’t understand why so many now think Hibs and Celtic are somehow misunderstood and have Hearts interests as important.

Who said hibs and Celtic are misunderstood?  

Even fan owned they can't behave like that on the boardroom. 

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Underpinning that TRFC fans would attack Chris Sutton on sight if seen in their stadium is Scotland's Shame marching about Glasgow this weekend intimidating any not of their ilk accompanied by cheering Sevco tops. Isn't it time this imported "heritage" was taken off the streets? SG make plenty noises on "hate" but so far ignore the orange elephant in the room. Too thorny an issue for them to tackle clearly. Best stick to trans rights etc..

Good post.

Proper taliban stuff banning people who don’t agree with your viewpoint. I’m not Lennon or Sutton biggest fan but they should be allowed to work at any ground. 

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

They are actively at it and no everyone is scared to do anything about them.

No wonder they keep doing things like this if they keep getting away with it.  

Only UEFA have the guts to do anything about both of the old firm.  

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To be fair cinch weren’t the sponsors last season. Thought it was odd they were on our league flag

I think it was only on our flag to have a dig at rangers rather than have the balls to take them to task.

There's still a stand off because Doncaster is a coward.  

2 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

its lennon and sutton, anyone actually give a shit?

It also puts rangers in the shite so two birds with the one stone and all that. 

This isn't even in the top 10'000 low acts associated with the Huns.

They should be absolutely loving Neil Lennon after last season. 🤣

I'd be happy enough for Hearts to take the same stance with him tbh.

Couldn't really give a toss either way about Sutton.

They are nothing more than a shower of bigoted troglodytes. 

If this is the way they wish to operate then I hope Hearts just stop giving them any tickets for matches at Tynecastle. A Hun free Tynie is fine by me. The unfortunate thing is that they would reciprocate by giving Jambos no tickets for matches at Ibrox. But given that Hearts fans get treated like second class citizens by the Glesga polis, then get shoved into a tiny wee corner of Ibrox only to endure intimidation and having things thrown at them, I kinda wonder just how much of a loss that would be.

I am just tired of interacting with Rangers/Sevco on any level. Any level at all. As far as I am concerned they don't exist anymore except when they play Hearts. It's better for my blood pressure.

Edited by No Idle Talk

16 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

This happens every Sunday on sky sports and hasn't caused any issues. They may have 2 or 3 live games but the last game is where they have the studio coverage from.

I'd expect UEFA to have more of a backbone than the SFA/SPFL and would expect rangers to be punished for this. TV money accounts for a big chunk of where the prize money comes from so UEFA won't be too chuffed with this.

The vast majority of Sky games are covered from the studio at Sky HQ, when you see stadiums behind them it’s just displayed on a screen behind them. 

Rangers don’t have anything to answer to UEFA for as they upheld their tv commitments, it’s not down to Rangers to provide facilities for games they are not involved in. The only people UEFA will be annoyed with are BT. 

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The vast majority of Sky games are covered from the studio at Sky HQ, when you see stadiums behind them it’s just displayed on a screen behind them. 

Rangers don’t have anything to answer to UEFA for as they upheld their tv commitments, it’s not down to Rangers to provide facilities for games they are not involved in. The only people UEFA will be annoyed with are BT. 

On Sundays, Sky usually broadcast direct from the stadium with the panel at the ground of the last game. 

I would think that letting BT have their full team in is part of the TV commitment. We will see what happens but I reckon UEFA will punish them for this. Hope they do as pretty petty not letting commentators in cos they played for your rivals! 

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

On Sundays, Sky usually broadcast direct from the stadium with the panel at the ground of the last game. 

I would think that letting BT have their full team in is part of the TV commitment. We will see what happens but I reckon UEFA will punish them for this. Hope they do as pretty petty not letting commentators in cos they played for your rivals! 

Not sure why UEFA would be involved in this as long as the game is shown live. 

This is between the clubs and BT Sport and tbh Lennon has long been enough of a problem in Scottish football to receive special attention from a security angle. 

On 17/09/2021 at 10:56, Pasquale for King said:

Did you sing “Andy Walker, you’re a , you’re a ” back in the day? Great fun 😆.

Walker's Watch, w@nk, w@nk, w@nk 😆

On 16/09/2021 at 22:37, Morgan said:

For once, Rangers get something right.

From an earlier post:
“Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when they have different kick off times.”

I think that says it all. However, in view of this I’d like to hear if you still stand by your comment and if so, explain why you think “Rangers” were “right”?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Walker's Watch, w@nk, w@nk, w@nk 😆

Saw him at the Open once, smiled at me, I think I growled 😆

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

But that’s the point they let in the full BT team covering their game, Sutton and Lennon were covering another game. Say BT were showing 6 games on Thursday night, should Rangers have hosted all 6 pundit teams?

57 minutes ago, Ribble said:

But that’s the point they let in the full BT team covering their game, Sutton and Lennon were covering another game. Say BT were showing 6 games on Thursday night, should Rangers have hosted all 6 pundit teams?

What is the hassle if they did? Man u don't ban carragher, or Liverpool neville when they cover games. Its childish and narrow minded. 

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

What is the hassle if they did? Man u don't ban carragher, or Liverpool neville when they cover games. Its childish and narrow minded. 

As Chris Sutton apparently said, it’s good to see the Ibrox diversity & inclusion initiative “Everyone and Anyone” working so well…

55 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

As Chris Sutton apparently said, it’s good to see the Ibrox diversity & inclusion initiative “Everyone and Anyone” working so well…

Chris Sutton is a *****,his whole career  derives about him being  a *****.

No tears shed on pricks that make money from hate .

On 17/09/2021 at 12:23, JackLadd said:

If you are wanting to ban the Orange Order from the streets you would have to ban the Independence parades. The amount of anti English bile and hatred is appalling. 

Scottish Govt refuse to act on that group however…

7 hours ago, Tott said:

Chris Sutton is a *****,his whole career  derives about him being  a *****.

No tears shed on pricks that make money from hate .

So because you think Sutton is a “*****”, his comments cannot possibly be accurate or valid?

Have I understood that correctly?

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

I think Sutton is OK.  I hear him on 6-O-6 quite a bit, and he seems to talk up Scottish football whenever he can.

He can come over as a bit arrogant at times, but I'd be a bit arrogant too if I'd had his career.

Sutton is certainly abrasive at times and doesn’t suffer fools. He’s a straight talker though and some people can’t seem to handle that. 
He also seems to have enjoyed his time in Scottish football and formed an affection for both Celtic and the Scottish game in general.
He’s also very much aware of the less savoury aspects of Scottish football and doesn’t seem afraid to call things out. That doesn’t go down well in some quarters either it seems…

I don’t think there was or would be any risk.

what worries me is that Rangers are quite deliberately stoking sectarian tensions and ramping up the threat levels.

They must know that Celtic fans will respond to this - right?

2 hours ago, SectionN said:

If you are wanting to ban the Orange Order from the streets you would have to ban the Independence parades. The amount of anti English bile and hatred is appalling. 

Nonsense. There are lots of English people who have moved to Scotland who support independence and who attend independence marches. 

Edited by Libertarian

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, SectionN said:

47 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Nonsense. There are lots of English people who have moved to Scotland who support independence and who attend independence marches. 

Which bit is "nonsense"?

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Sutton is certainly abrasive at times and doesn’t suffer fools. He’s a straight talker though and some people can’t seem to handle that. 
He also seems to have enjoyed his time in Scottish football and formed an affection for both Celtic and the Scottish game in general.
He’s also very much aware of the less savoury aspects of Scottish football and doesn’t seem afraid to call things out. That doesn’t go down well in some quarters either it seems…

How I see it too.  

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I don’t think there was or would be any risk.

what worries me is that Rangers are quite deliberately stoking sectarian tensions and ramping up the threat levels.

They must know that Celtic fans will respond to this - right?

You’re right in what you’re saying and yes, there will those hoping for a reaction. Certainly I think the Scottish media will be hoping for this.

After all, that will allow them to continue their “Old Firm” narrative which is that both sides are as bad as each other.

There’s no doubt Celtic has idiots in its support, but I think most Scottish football fans would take the view that in the main, problems in Scottish football tend to emanate from the Ibrox franchise and its fan base.

I think however there’s a growing appreciation among the Celtic support that responding in kind is counterproductive if they want to distance themselves from the “Two Cheeks” narrative and force the media to summon the courage to address the fact that there isn’t so much an “Old Firm problem” as a “Rangers problem”. 

Whether that reasoning is understood and accepted by the less sentient sections of the Celtic support remains to be seen.

11 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You’re right in what you’re saying and yes, there will those hoping for a reaction. Certainly I think the Scottish media will be hoping for this.

After all, that will allow them to continue their “Old Firm” narrative which is that both sides are as bad as each other.

There’s no doubt Celtic has idiots in its support, but I think most Scottish football fans would take the view that in the main, problems in Scottish football tend to emanate from the Ibrox franchise and its fan base.

I think however there’s a growing appreciation among the Celtic support that responding in kind is counterproductive if they want to distance themselves from the “Two Cheeks” narrative and force the media to summon the courage to address the fact that there isn’t so much an “Old Firm problem” as a “Rangers problem”. 

Whether that reasoning is understood and accepted by the less sentient sections of the Celtic support remains to be seen.

Celtic apologist nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

This post is either a joke or trolling. 
The old firm always have been two parts of the same problem. 

22 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Celtic aren't trying to distance themselves from it, just playing it cute.  They've been at it for years with their 'they aren't sectarian songs etc'.  

They know what they are doing. 

5 hours ago, SectionN said:

What a pile of shite but take it to the thread where you'll find lots of fellow haters there. The terrace is for football chat

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

What a pile of shite but take it to the thread where you'll find lots of fellow haters there. The terrace is for football chat

I was replying to a comment in this thread.