• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

15 hours ago, OTT said:

I think its a ridiculous position to be in. Both for Rangers and BT. 

Rangers fans should be able to control themselves, equally, BT shouldn't be putting up such obvious hate figures for the Rangers fans. Is a neutral commentary team that hard to find?

Interesting thought, maybe a  couple of retired referees perhaps? :rofl:

11 hours ago, DS98 said:

We have absolute wallopers like Andy Walker, Sutton and Kris Commons at Tynie without the threat of violence. 

The Rangers are just scum. End of.

I happened to see Chris Sutton coming out of the toilet in the Wheatfield a couple of years ago. Obviously had to go whilst he was commentating at the back of stand. I never saw or heard him have any trouble passing through a fair few Hearts fans.

The only person I ever saw getting a hard time whilst commentating up in the Wheatfield was Gerry McNee. That was before the new media area was created, so he was up in the gantry. Alan McInaly was seen to come out and have a jovial discussion with fans up there after a game.

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I happened to see Chris Sutton coming out of the toilet in the Wheatfield a couple of years ago. Obviously had to go whilst he was commentating at the back of stand. I never saw or heard him have any trouble passing through a fair few Hearts fans.

The only person I ever saw getting a hard time whilst commentating up in the Wheatfield was Gerry McNee. That was before the new media area was created, so he was up in the gantry. Alan McInaly was seen to come out and have a jovial discussion with fans up there after a game.

Mcnee had a right go at us in the press many years ago when our seated away end was uncovered. We provided fans with ponchos I seem to recall. 
Anyway he mouthed off about it. 

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Mcnee had a right go at us in the press many years ago when our seated away end was uncovered. We provided fans with ponchos I seem to recall. 

Was that the one where we provided pieces of polystyrene for them to sit on and the tim fans turned them into crosses (crucifixes)?

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Furious Styles said:

It was funny.

He demanded that a steward went to get the police. The guy just went downstairs and never came back again, leaving poor old Gerry to stay up in the gantry waiting for the fans to drift off home.

McNee could have just kept out of sight but obviously somebody managed to trigger him with some comment.

15 hours ago, OTT said:

I think its a ridiculous position to be in. Both for Rangers and BT. 

Rangers fans should be able to control themselves, equally, BT shouldn't be putting up such obvious hate figures for the Rangers fans. Is a neutral commentary team that hard to find?

They didn't, they were there for the Celtic game before. That way BT only have to set up one arrangement, use it for the Celtic game when the place is empty then hand it over to whatever Huns they've got for their game.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was that the one where we provided pieces of polystyrene for them to sit on and the tim fans turned them into crosses (crucifixes)?

I think so, I seem to remember them being used as rain hats

Just now, Smithee said:

I think so, I seem to remember them being used as rain hats

Was a good laugh that. Pissing down and everybody in the hearts end slagging them off. Then they started waving these cross things about. Absolute spangles they are. 

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This sort of thing has antagonised Rangers fans. Without suggesting anyone is to blame, Rangers are correct to protect public safety 

Classic Hibs mentality celebrating a draw 😂

18 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Would Sutton and Lennon be welcome as commentators at Tynecastle? I suspect they would be as welcome as Doncaster 

I don't think Hearts would actually care or refuse them in with BT sports if they were doing TV. 

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could well be. It was pissing it down at tynecastle. I’m sure it was a televised game. I 

26 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Would Sutton and Lennon be welcome as commentators at Tynecastle? I suspect they would be as welcome as Doncaster 

Sutton is a harmless buffoon - Lennon is a twisted little thug that hates Hearts and has caused us nothing but bother!

8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don't think Hearts would actually care or refuse them in with BT sports if they were doing TV. 

Hearts (as in Mrs Budge) wouldn’t - I think the fans would think differently!

Hearts should stop Griffiths from entering Tynecastle for his racist chanting against a Hearts legend and also for just being scum.

Come on Ann, show us yer balls, get it sorted.

14 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

He's been attacked in his technical area and hit with coins. Are you serious? 😁

How is his anorak? It took a sore one from that coin! 🤔

31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts (as in Mrs Budge) wouldn’t - I think the fans would think differently!

Maybe so but I would be at the match to watch Hearts not aiming abuse at Lennon and Sutton for working for BT sports 😂 I couldn't be arsed wasting energy on them .

11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Maybe so but I would be at the match to watch Hearts not aiming abuse at Lennon and Sutton for working for BT sports 😂 I couldn't be arsed wasting energy on them .

Nobody would abuse them for working for BT sports. I’d abuse them because I enjoy shouting abuse at tims. It’s good fun 

Under the floodlight

The club banning people from a stadium is childish and pathetic, I'd rather leave it to fans to let the undesirables know their feelings. Rangers are acting like Putin.

Pasquale for King

My workmate used to do the video analysis for the club, he had to lug £10k worth of equipment to ER from Riccarton on the bus with a change of clothes because he was told he would get mugged on the way if he had Hearts gear on. He got dogs abuse, before/during/after the game. It’s just not these reprobates that have issues like this. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did you sing “Andy Walker, you’re a , you’re a ” back in the day? Great fun 😆.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Fans wouldn't welcome them but our club wouldn't be unprofessional in denying them entry.  Huge difference. 

56 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Not suggesting anybody should aim abuse but Lennon is not welcome at Tynecastle EVER!

31 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Fans wouldn't welcome them but our club wouldn't be unprofessional in denying them entry.  Huge difference. 

Yes Ann Budge ‘nicey nicey’ attitude has worked well for us……

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My workmate used to do the video analysis for the club, he had to lug £10k worth of equipment to ER from Riccarton on the bus with a change of clothes because he was told he would get mugged on the way if he had Hearts gear on. He got dogs abuse, before/during/after the game. It’s just not these reprobates that have issues like this. 

Why did he not get a taxi? 

33 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Sutton done commentary from the side of the pitch a few times with bt at Tynie. 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No problem with Sutton apart from him being a bit of a dick!

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

No problem with Sutton apart from him being a bit of a dick!

He's generally like that with every set up fans but does a lot to stick up for the game up here.  Especially on bbc 606.

One a very small amount of ex celtic players I hated when he played for them but like him more now.   John Hartson has become a bigger tit these days. 

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We are a professional football club and act accordingly. Sevco are a rancid, bigoted, sectarian club and act accordingly. Anyone using these bigots to have a go at our club is an arsehole imo

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Was that got to with this?   

Nothing to do with nicey, nicey, it's about the club being professional about these things. 

Leave what rangers the club are doing to the fans. 

We'll give them the warm welcome they deserve  

16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

And probably got the abuse he deserved from the fans.  The club can't act like that.

We talk about hibs class and we the club are better than that and rangers.  

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We are a professional football club and act accordingly. Sevco are a rancid, bigoted, sectarian club and act accordingly. Anyone using these bigots to have a go at our club is an arsehole imo

Can you see the relevance in his post to what is being discussed? 

I wonder what they expect the club to do.

Edited by Auldbenches

Hagar the Horrible

Sutton is a knob, and has been at Tynecastle working numerous times. So what, they guy is doing his job and on occasions says things that are correct even if we dont want to hear it.  Doncaster should self ban himself from Tynecastle as a stadium full of fans being upset at him is NOT the fans fault.  Cause and effect.  Him being there is incitement,  Lennon just cant help himself goading, he needs help, turning up at a place where he has a deep hatred for with every fibre of his being, is not helping him.

Years ago Charlie was at Tynecastle thinking to himself out loud along with Gerry McNee what they thought of Hearts fans, then ended up having to walk through us in  the terracing and got upset at our right of reply and there was no ambiguity on how we thought of them.  Oh whit a glorious gift te gie us, tae see ourselves as ithers see us.  They never did that again.

Underpinning that TRFC fans would attack Chris Sutton on sight if seen in their stadium is Scotland's Shame marching about Glasgow this weekend intimidating any not of their ilk accompanied by cheering Sevco tops. Isn't it time this imported "heritage" was taken off the streets? SG make plenty noises on "hate" but so far ignore the orange elephant in the room. Too thorny an issue for them to tackle clearly. Best stick to trans rights etc..

40 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Was that got to with this?   

Nothing to do with nicey, nicey, it's about the club being professional about these things. 

Leave what rangers the club are doing to the fans. 

We'll give them the warm welcome they deserve  

Short memory - Budge was being “nicey nicey” or “professional” when she welcomed Nelms for pre match drinkies and a buffet at Tynecastle only a few months after absolutely shafting our Club! 
That was at odds with the feelings of the fans and shattered the “Only Hearts” 
spin.

She also tried to be “nicey nicey” with Hibs to develop a close relationship - at the first opportunity they stuck the knife in!

To repeat my point Lennon hates our club and has caused us nothing but bother - as such he should never be welcomed back to Tynecastle - and that has got FA to do with Rangers!

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Underpinning that TRFC fans would attack Chris Sutton on sight if seen in their stadium is Scotland's Shame marching about Glasgow this weekend intimidating any not of their ilk accompanied by cheering Sevco tops. Isn't it time this imported "heritage" was taken off the streets? SG make plenty noises on "hate" but so far ignore the orange elephant in the room. Too thorny an issue for them to tackle clearly. Best stick to trans rights etc..

I can understand the huns not wanting to tackle the bigotry issue because they’re scared to. The fact the media aren’t on their case every week because they are also scared, is the real disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Short memory - Budge was being “nicey nicey” or “professional” when she welcomed Nelms for pre match drinkies and a buffet at Tynecastle only a few months after absolutely shafting our Club! 
spin.

She also tried to be “nicey nicey” with Hibs to develop a close relationship - at the first opportunity they stuck the knife in!

To repeat my point Lennon hates our club and has caused us nothing but bother - as such he should never be welcomed back to Tynecastle - and that has got FA to do with Rangers!

I agree on the getting too friendly with hibs.  That served us well when they voted to out the boot in. 

The club have no choice on having to be professional on match days regarding directors etc   

I'd rather see showed more class than any other club when it comes to this. 

Do you think offering a director the customary drink after a match means they don't like them?  

Let them look like classless idiots. 

21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They tackled it by introducing the offensive behaviour at football act but the Catholic Labour msp Kelly fought against it once he realised that it wasn't just protestant bigots that were targeted. To their shame, all the opposition parties, including the greens, ganged up against the minority snp government and got the law kicked out. Of course the law wasn't perfect but it was a good start 

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

spin.

The topic is Rangers sink to a new low. Maybe go back and read your last 9 words and try and stick to the topic rather than using any excuse to have a go at our club 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The topic is Rangers sink to a new low. Maybe go back and read your last 9 words and try and stick to the topic rather than using any excuse to have a go at our club 

Rangers refuse to let two guys do their jobs fir whatever reason and this is what happens when Ann Budge is too nice.   How can you not understand that..? 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

The topic is also about Sutton and Lennon and my opinion of them both, and specifically whether Lennon should ever be welcomed back to Tynecastle so wind yer neck in!

The Apprentice
18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when they have different kick off times.

If the presence of Lennon and/or Sutton is deemed a security risk, then why were the Celtic directors, management and players who were there on 29th August also not a security risk.

Precisely. BT have this set up for every Celtic/Rangers double-header in Europe and the studio is always based in the stadium of whoever is playing in the later kick off. Sutton is a regular pundit on BT Sport and has covered games at Ibrox before, I reckon the main problem was the inclusion of Lennon. I bet if it was the likes of Petrov or Mjallby there wouldn't be an issue.

Just now, Thomaso said:

The topic is also about Sutton and Lennon and my opinion of them both, and specifically whether Lennon should ever be welcomed back to Tynecastle so wind yer neck in!

Just find it sad that posters will use any excuse to slag off our club

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Rangers refuse to let two guys do their jobs fir whatever reason and this is what happens when Ann Budge is too nice.   How can you not understand that..? 

You obviously don’t understand my point  but bash on!

Just now, Thomaso said:

You obviously don’t understand my point  but bash on!

I can't see the relevance to what Budge does in the boardroom to what happened last night.  

You expecting her to tell other directors to **** off and bring a flask?  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I can't see the relevance to what Budge does in the boardroom to what happened last night.  

You expecting her to tell other directors to **** off and bring a flask?  

After Nelms absolutely shafting out club I get the feeling the vast majority of Hearts fans would say a resounding YES!

Check out the comments on JKB at the time where many fans made their opinion known.

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just find it sad that posters will use any excuse to slag off our club

97B65AF7-06DD-4EEE-BE85-8D797E2B0436.jpeg