Rangers sink to new low

gorgieroar

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’d rather his boxing name was

Neil face like a roadkill badger’s mangled body as it’s been smashed so often Lennon. 

That would work also. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

9 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

His very life could be in danger from a lethal pound coin that might brush his shoulder 😲🙄

I think he will be encouraging/collecting them these days. 

12 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

It’s a sad indictment that 2 pundits who played and managed for a rival club should be viewed as potentially a security risk. Doesn’t show Scotland in a very good light. 

True. 

The initial problem was severe sectarian threats and abuse from Rangers 'fans' and others towards Neil Lennon. But then Lennon chose to respond by goading Rangers fans at every opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Quite right. Would be like having Pat Stanton and Derek Riordan commenting on a hearts game 

Would be true if they weren't only going to do the Celtic game.

Sevco obviously view incurring the wrath of BT Sport as preferable to their hordes aiming party tunes at Sutton and Lennon and possible yoofa sanction. Only hundits at Mordor please BT.

If they where only covering the celtic game surely they could have just been told to bolt at half time on full wage before the huns enter the stadium? 

Both arse cheeks love this. It keeps the pot boiling. There’s money in bigotry and Rangers in particular know exactly how to use this with Celtic being a close second. What BT were doing with this shows exactly how little the idiots running the show actually know about the pathetic tribalism at play here.

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Both arse cheeks love this. It keeps the pot boiling. There’s money in bigotry and Rangers in particular know exactly how to use this with Celtic being a close second. What BT were doing with this shows exactly how little the idiots running the show actually know about the pathetic tribalism at play here.

BT have played a blinder.  Look at the publicity they are getting.  

They have covered Scottish Football long enough and probably are still pissed off that they lost the rights to Scottish Football while putting a lot more effort than Sky.

Now they get to show Scottish football up, get publicity and probably more viewers now. 

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think our support would do anything that would jeopardise his safety. 

He's been attacked in his technical area and hit with coins. Are you serious? 😁

14 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

:rofl:short memory

Looks like we will get no tickets for their s-hole on Oct 16th same as Hibs are getting for Oct 3rd. This needs reciprocated in my view.  Zombie scum are at it. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when they have different kick off times.

If the presence of Lennon and/or Sutton is deemed a security risk, then why were the Celtic directors, management and players who were there on 29th August also not a security risk.

Best Post on the thread. To me it shows Scottish football in a very bad light, and Uefa should hammer Sevco for this.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think our support would do anything that would jeopardise his safety. 

Yeah like Lennon has never been attack at tynecastle or before 😂

WheatfieldWarrior
51 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Fans just topping up his pension.

Spitonastranger
54 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Hit with coins are you being serious 

I wasn't aware they were only there to cover the earlier Celtic game from the one studio with Sevco kicking off 135mins later so no zombies in the ground. I assume they will be hammered for that. 

Nice goal by Lyon btw. Get it up ye. 

3 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Rangers sink to new low refusing bt commentary team (sutton and lennon) into ibrox today saying their a security risk

Will they now be fined by uefa for this as bt sports paying fortunes for the rights.rangers really do think their bigger than the sport

Childish possibly. But if you think that's a new low for that mob you're crazy.

39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That was just a scuffle.   I bet Lennon loves coming to Tynie. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Public safety is their Number 1 responsibility. 

If you want Neil Lennon to commentate at the next Hibs game at Tynecastle go ahead. 

Andy Walker is not exactly top of our Christmas card list yet he regularly commentates at Tynecastle without any problems. 

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I think its a ridiculous position to be in. Both for Rangers and BT. 

Rangers fans should be able to control themselves, equally, BT shouldn't be putting up such obvious hate figures for the Rangers fans. Is a neutral commentary team that hard to find?

It is in Scotland.

4 hours ago, db211833 said:

BT are idiots for thinking that could work. Neil Lennon in a glass box surrounded by 50k baying Rangers fans, what could go wrong. 

Worse than that it wasn’t even inside. It was an outside platform exposed to the fans. 

Having said that, there was nobody left by about the 80th minute so I suppose they would’ve been fine. 

Can't see Rangers being fined for this as I can't imagine it breaches any rules as such. John Hartson was still commentating on the game so I assume that they just had to use a different studio. All they'll have done by this petty behaviour is pissed off BT Sport.

The next Europa fixture on Sept 29th Sevco kick off in Prague at 5:45 and Celtic at 8pm at CP so the BT studio will be set up at CP. Can assume if there is no sanction on Sevco for this then Sevco pundits will be barred.  Only in Scotland. 

Hardly a new low, but utterly pathetic. Remember when Rangers fans taunted Celtic fans with "always offended, never to blame". I guess at least their fans seem to have dropped that now that Rangers have really decided to own that statement.

Bazzas right boot

The rangers support I general is becoming more, ehhh loyal. 

2 rangers fans I know who were season ticket holders for years, one 15 plus don't go anymore as they feel uncomfortable due to their political views. 

Rangers only want folk of a certain ilk to follow them, this type of behavior is right up  the street of this section of fans they want to please. 

Horrible institution. 

Celtic ae just as bad. 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hardly touched him tbf. I get the guys shouldn’t have gone near Lennon but he literally brushed against him before Alan Thompson assaulted John Wilson. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hardly a new low, but utterly pathetic. Remember when Rangers fans taunted Celtic fans with "always offended, never to blame". I guess at least their fans seem to have dropped that now that Rangers have really decided to own that statement.

I think it was “offended by everything, ashamed of nothing”.  Could equally be applied to Rangers though.  

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wonder if that is the case (and Rangers are legitemit with security concerns) its more that Sutton and Lennon might be leaving Ibrox at the same time as Rangers fans enter it.

Think Rangers are over-reacting and playing to the crowd though.

Either way it highlights the sectarian nature of their support, and in wider terms the cancer that is the OF, but of course that will never be mentioned by the media when discussing this.

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think it was “offended by everything, ashamed of nothing”.  Could equally be applied to Rangers though.  

That sounds familiar. I think there were a few versions on a similar theme. "Always cheated, never defeated" was anohter one.

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Rangers fans have also vandalised the Lyon team bus

Wonder if Sevco will ask to pay for the damage in installments? Or perhaps they could just hand them Morelos...