Rangers sink to new low

gorgieroar

Rangers sink to new low refusing bt commentary team (sutton and lennon) into ibrox today saying their a security risk

Will they now be fined by uefa for this as bt sports paying fortunes for the rights.rangers really do think their bigger than the sport

Edited by gorgieroar

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Rangers sink to new low refusing bt commentary team (sutton and lennon) into ibrox today saying their a security risk

Will they now be fined by uefa for this as bt sports paying fortunes for the rights.rangers really do think their bigger than the sport

They (SevCo) are being pathetic but what on earth do BT think they're doing having those two in as colour commentators?  Red rag to a bull by BT for no obvious gain. 

😂 playing to the crowd Rangers but when there’s cash involved them and their auld pals ra Celtic know how to close ranks. As John Lydon said ‘ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated’.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They (SevCo) are being pathetic but what on earth do BT think they're doing having those two in as colour commentators?  Red rag to a bull by BT for no obvious gain. 

Bt were doing a double commentary from ibrox celtic game then rangers game there will have been other pundits aswell for the rangers game

6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Are BT having a laugh? Did they get the wrong side? 

I'll be honest, I don't blame Rangers for that. 

Rangers getting paid big money for the game rangers have no right to say who can and can't work for bt 

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Rangers getting paid big money for the game rangers have no right to say who can and can't work for bt 

Time will tell. I expect them to go unpunished. 

15 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Drama Queens might complain. 

BT are just getting on with it doing programme from London. 

Don't see what Rangers have done wrong. Quite funny though. 

coatbridgejambo
14 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

This

Wouldn't mind not seeing either of them for the rest of my days.

14 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Celtic fan protests against Lennon were a major public safety problem. 

Quite right to avoid that sort of thing. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Bt were doing a double commentary from ibrox celtic game then rangers game there will have been other pundits aswell for the rangers game

I see. Perhaps a neutral venue for them all would have been better all things considered when it comes to the arse cheeks.

21 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Why are you so bothered about this? 

7 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

They're just saying that two controversial figures aren't allowed in their ground. They've every right to do that (I can't stand either of the ugly sisters btw). They aren't telling BT who can work for them and we all know they don't even have to be in the ground to do that job.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Speaks volumes about how Rangers regard their fans if that's seen as a security risk. If Rangers can't guarantee media safety, should they be allowed fans in?

This sort of thing has antagonised Rangers fans. Without suggesting anyone is to blame, Rangers are correct to protect public safety 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Rangers just making up the rules as they go along now.  I hope they get hammered. 

Public safety is their Number 1 responsibility. 

If you want Neil Lennon to commentate at the next Hibs game at Tynecastle go ahead. 

7 minutes ago, db211833 said:

BT are idiots for thinking that could work. Neil Lennon in a glass box surrounded by 50k baying Rangers fans, what could go wrong. 

Why?  No other support would be likely to attack people?  If the huns can't control their support then it's their own fault 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

If you want Neil Lennon to commentate at the next Hibs game at Tynecastle go ahead. 

I don't think our support would do anything that would jeopardise his safety. 

I think its a ridiculous position to be in. Both for Rangers and BT. 

Rangers fans should be able to control themselves, equally, BT shouldn't be putting up such obvious hate figures for the Rangers fans. Is a neutral commentary team that hard to find?

22 minutes ago, db211833 said:

BT are idiots for thinking that could work. Neil Lennon in a glass box surrounded by 50k baying Rangers fans, what could go wrong. 

Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when they have different kick off times.

If the presence of Lennon and/or Sutton is deemed a security risk, then why were the Celtic directors, management and players who were there on 29th August also not a security risk.

Edited by Footballfirst

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's the point though. 

What do you think would happen if Hearts started to deny access to Tynecastle to the various OF clones appointed by the media. 

If they are unable to guarantee the safety of public figures they shouldn't be allowed any fans at the game. 

Unsurprised at the usual suspects on here sticking up for Sevco. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think its a ridiculous position to be in. Both for Rangers and BT. 

Rangers fans should be able to control themselves, equally, BT shouldn't be putting up such obvious hate figures for the Rangers fans. Is a neutral commentary team that hard to find?

To even think of not taking Rangers to task is a joke and you should hang your head in shame for your seeming support of them regarding this issue

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when had different kick off times.

If the presence of Lennon and/or Sutton is deemed a security risk, then why were the Celtic directors, management and players who were there on 29th August also not a security risk.

Wonder if that is the case (and Rangers are legitemit with security concerns) its more that Sutton and Lennon might be leaving Ibrox at the same time as Rangers fans enter it.

Think Rangers are over-reacting and playing to the crowd though.

25 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Thought long and hard about all possible scenarios . Nothing that could happen would , in my opinion , be 'wrong' 

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We can't stand him but I think our fans wouldn't attack him.  

There's no way him doing thst should be a big issue.  If it is, it's our problem. 

The slagging he'd get would be great.

One incident doesn't mean our fans are that bad. 

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lennon and Sutton were only there to offer punditry on the Celtic game which kicked off at 5:45pm.  The pundits for the Rangers game, which kicks off at 8pm were going to be McCoist and Weir.  BT, as they have done previously, use a single studio set up  for both Celtic and Rangers games when they have different kick off times.

I think it is a huge own goal by Rangers.

Add to that the vandalising of the Lyons bus, and the Famine and BB singalong that will start at 8pm, they will be in big trouble - probably fans banned from Europe games . . . at least.  Fully deserved.

14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

To even think of not taking Rangers to task is a joke and you should hang your head in shame for your seeming support of them regarding this issue

Uefa will take them to task.  It's them that has the contract with BT.  They won't just let it pass by. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

100% would be his boxing name. 

I’d rather his boxing name was

Neil face like a roadkill badger’s mangled body as it’s been smashed so often Lennon. 

It’s a sad indictment that 2 pundits who played and managed for a rival club should be viewed as potentially a security risk. Doesn’t show Scotland in a very good light. 

35 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think our support would do anything that would jeopardise his safety. 

His very life could be in danger from a lethal pound coin that might brush his shoulder 😲🙄

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why are you so bothered about this? 

Maybe he just can't stand them, do we really need to justify slagging the rangers?

35 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

In defence of the Rangers. Sorry, I've lost my train of thought

😂😂😊😂

This isn't a new low for new rangers.  Comparatively speaking, it's a high.  I know what the OP means though.  Effectively he's saying it's yet another low.

Rangers are the best PR machine that Celtic have at their disposal. All the vile stuff that comes from Celtic fans is usually overshadowed by the extremes of Rangers and their fans.

I realise that Lennon has been a very devisive, controversial figure over the years, and he has played on the bigoted hatred of Rangers fans to the point of blaming it on his many examples of ignorant behaviour. However, this is just nonsense. Him and Sutton were to be there as part of a BT Sport double header, giving views only on the Celtic match. 

I'm more surprised that Lennon, and Sutton, agreed to go to Ibrox for this broadcast in the first place. They must be aware of the reception they were likely to get. Somebody at BT Sport at a bit of chicanery?

Glasgow Is Smiles Better right enough.