***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

8 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

If your not happy with that it'll be a miserable time supporting Hearts. You've supported us since the 50s but not happy with top 4... WOW fair play for sticking at it all those years 

Tbh, I don’t agree with everything mich says but I do believe we are all sort of used to underachieving. The target and expectation levels should be third and no less. Fair enough if second or first turns out to be unachievable. Why should we accept lesser clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen finishing above us. We have ponied up the cash, it’s time we saw the results of that. What happened in the past, when a lot of the time we were skint, is pretty irrelevant. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

18 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What is this a quiz on past Hearts managers. What are you trying to do drive me mad.   🤪

How far do I have to drive Mitch?😁

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m just home from Dingwall and joining in. The linesman (a Michael Van Gerwen mini-me in his green top) gave a free-kick against Devlin which was an incredible made up decision right in front of us. Not seen the offside a minute later but that looked made up as well. Saw Craig Gordon giving him a proper dressing down at half-time so maybe that came back to haunt us.

The Devlin booking was just ridiculous. Could see from 100 yards away he lost his balance stretching for the ball when it was slightly behind him. Or at least that’s how it looked. No claim for any infringement either. David Dickinson is a Bargain Hunt!

Yeah the free kick against Devlin wasn't even taken in the right area.   The keeper kicks it inside his box.   I thought it was a goal kick, my mistake.   Should've been a corner, crazy decision. 

Yeah Woodburn had to try slide for the ball because kingsley misplaced the pass behind him.    What the ref is thinking no one knows. 

I think there's a chance it was offside but they didn't have a good angle to see it on tv.    No replay either. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, I don’t agree with everything mich says but I do believe we are all sort of used to underachieving. The target and expectation levels should be third and no less. Fair enough if second or first turns out to be unachievable. Why should we accept lesser clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen finishing above us. We have ponied up the cash, it’s time we saw the results of that. What happened in the past, when a lot of the time we were skint, is pretty irrelevant. 

For the millionth time, this is about Neilson. Can we not all just agree on that and not pretend we're having rational debates? The Neilson out lot - the hardcore ones - are like full-on anti-vaxxers. Nothing will change their minds. Others are more Neilson-hesitant and seem to be coming around.

Because if your argument is true in terms for our expectations, which I agree with, then people should have been extremely happy with 14/15 (overachieved), 15/16 (met expectations) and the start to 16/17 (potentially overachieving but at minimum meeting expectations) but the aforementioned group were very definitely not happy.

Pre-Neilson however, yes you would be absolutely right. And if another manager (especially a young fairly novice one) had either consistently met or exceeded expectations the way he has (including this season so far) - one season aside when even then he still did the required job and nearly won us a memorable cup - they would be getting praised to the rafters or at least not lambasted every time he drops a point or says something they don't agree with in an interview.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 hours ago, RULEOF3 said:

Stop bleating the obvious - if you are saying we are best of the rest welcome to the spfl and good luck

Does your coupon come up every week - hmm  no !

Fuks sake livi just done celtic and the steel got a draw at ibrox - these are the days that fans live for.

The bants, the booze and a **** result - not one of the boys i was out with at blackford tower gave a flying about the money, cash, being skint, the position, achievable or unachievable lesser clubs, formation or what happened in the past or who the **** manager is

Its about today and the result and meeting an old friend from "Dalziell works" after 40 years, a song, whos round is it and a stupid argument.

speculation is exactly that - fill in your 4 aways and hope for the best - football is a lifestyle.

I’ve no idea how any of that relates to my post but it reads like you enjoyed typing it so that’s a bonus. 

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn't see the game and have only seen the goals.

My main take on the performance is that the away strip is horrendous.

That's all.

That was my take when watching the BBC highlights. Worst strip I've ever seen us in.

16 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

If your not happy with that it'll be a miserable time supporting Hearts. You've supported us since the 50s but not happy with top 4... WOW fair play for sticking at it all those years 

Well at least I’ve lasted longer supporting Hearts than managers that were never good enough for Hearts. Yes there have been too many bad appointments by Hearts Boards & Owners that damaged the whole club. But never mind the past I look at the standard, ability & potential of our present team/players and I believe they are underperforming as well as being held back by the manager. 

11 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

And what Hearts fan wouldn't be, after the last 10 years in particular... 

And your happy just now. Well I’m happy for you.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

So Mitch which Managers have we had since 1958 who did not incur the wrath of some/most/all of the fans because some/most/all of these fans thought he was crap because we played poorly , played players who should never be in the team or got tactics all wrong as far as some/most/all were concerned. I can only think of one…Burley, who in his short time played really exciting, high tempo fitba, had great players throughout the squad and got great results. Please let me know who you think (other than Burley) has managed this in your 62 years of watching. 

Burley still ruined our best chance in a generation of winning the League Cup because of the crap team he chose for the Livingston game 🙄

37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He will fail with the medications I take I can see clearly now the rain has gone.

No need to nash Mitch, stick around there are no obstacles in your way😁

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Burley still ruined our best chance in a generation of winning the League Cup because of the crap team he chose for the Livingston game 🙄

There you go THD, even GB can be criticised!

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

That was my take when watching the BBC highlights. Worst strip I've ever seen us in.

Lies.

On 21/09/2021 at 13:00, Byyy The Light said:

Name one that I think was worse 

The pink and yellow one takes some beating to be fair. Never won wearing it iirc.

Byyy The Light
28 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The pink and yellow one takes some beating to be fair. Never won wearing it iirc.

Also rank but at least it had a story behind it.  This thing looks like a pajama top that you'd find in a Turkish market.  The always hearts writing is embarrassingly bad.

On 21/09/2021 at 13:00, Byyy The Light said:

Name one that I think was worse 

the rose berry but only just. This one is absolutely howling. Designed by someone who has no idea about our club.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

31 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Also rank but at least it had a story behind it.  This thing looks like a pajama top that you'd find in a Turkish market.  The always hearts writing is embarrassingly bad.

Agree, not normally that fussed about football tops but the new one is stand out mingin’.