Broadband

Byyy The Light

Byyy The Light

Looking for some help. A while ago there was a company mentioned on here that were good for broadband. It was a niche company and sounded like an estate agent or lawyers “surname and surname” or something. Anyone give me the name? Cheers 

Byyy The Light

I’m paying top dollar for Virgin but having problems. I’ve whacked in an ASUS router and mesh system and it’s still crap

Edited by Byyy The Light

4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m paying top dollar for Virgin but having problems. I’ve whacked in an ASUS router and mesh system and it’s still crap

I’m on virgin and particularly at the start of the pandemic I was having huge issues with WFH.

I too got a couple of mesh routers and my internet hasn’t dropped once in over a year. 

Byyy The Light
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m on virgin and particularly at the start of the pandemic I was having huge issues with WFH.

I too got a couple of mesh routers and my internet hasn’t dropped once in over a year. 

Myself and the Mrs working from home and it keeps cutting her off completely at certain times of the day mid calls. Must be the set up but very basic tech knowledge so can’t figure it all out. Getting my ears chewed off about it 

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Myself and the Mrs working from home and it keeps cutting her off completely at certain times of the day mid calls. Must be the set up but very basic tech knowledge so can’t figure it all out. Getting my ears chewed off about it 

Tenda Nova MW5G-2 Whole Home Mesh... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YZCMQMT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

this is the mesh we have in the house. I have one in my office next to my computer and we have one in the living room which covers the whole house. Very easy to set up. 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Tenda Nova MW5G-2 Whole Home Mesh... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YZCMQMT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

this is the mesh we have in the house. I have one in my office next to my computer and we have one in the living room which covers the whole house. Very easy to set up. 

Cheers 👍🏼

Don’t spend more money on another mesh system to you find out the cause of your issues. Incidentally you don’t need the asus router in there. The mesh system should  connect direct to the virgin hub which should be on modem mode only. 

What service have you got with virgin ? 

Edited by Dazo

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Don’t spend more money on another mesh system to you find out the cause of your issues. Incidentally you don’t need the asus router in there. The mesh system should  connect direct to the virgin hub which should be on modem mode only. 

What service have you got with virgin ? 

I've got the Gigabit package with Virgin.  Just done a speedtest and getting 28.11 mb down and 8.85 up.  Was 44mb when I checked last night.

I've got virgin router in modem mode with a Asus RT-AC68U router attached and then Asus Zenwifi mesh system plugged in to that.  I've got a node upstairs bedroom and one in the front room.  I've also hardwired as many devices as possible in to the router so they are not interfering with wifi.

One of the problems is if my Mrs is on a zoom call and I walk in to the room, her computer and her ipad completely cut off and she loses all connection.

Only thing it can be is my watch but it's a total pain in the hoop.  I'm also better off using my phone on 4G rather than having it attached to wifi.

40 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I've got the Gigabit package with Virgin.  Just done a speedtest and getting 28.11 mb down and 8.85 up.  Was 44mb when I checked last night.

I've got virgin router in modem mode with a Asus RT-AC68U router attached and then Asus Zenwifi mesh system plugged in to that.  I've got a node upstairs bedroom and one in the front room.  I've also hardwired as many devices as possible in to the router so they are not interfering with wifi.

One of the problems is if my Mrs is on a zoom call and I walk in to the room, her computer and her ipad completely cut off and she loses all connection.

Only thing it can be is my watch but it's a total pain in the hoop.  I'm also better off using my phone on 4G rather than having it attached to wifi.

Something clearly isn’t right with the Wi-Fi settings or interference as that speed is terrible for the connection you are paying for. When you are finished work I’d disconnect all the Asus stuff, turn the Wi-Fi on the virgin hub and do a test using Wi-Fi while in the same room. If that works well I’d turn off Wi-Fi then add the mesh direct to the hub and test again. Might as well reset the mesh settings while you’re at it. 

Edited by Dazo

Byyy The Light
34 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Something clearly isn’t right with the Wi-Fi settings or interference as that speed is terrible for the connection you are paying for. When you are finished work I’d disconnect all the Asus stuff, turn the Wi-Fi on the virgin hub and do a test using Wi-Fi while in the same room. If that works well I’d turn off Wi-Fi then add the mesh direct to the hub and test again. Might as well reset the mesh settings while you’re at it. 

Cheers. I'll reset it all after work and do some testing